Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    One question. How -are- the maps?

Do they suffer from the MW3 problem of really short lines of sight and tight corners or do they lean more towards the MW2 maps, a large size and a decent mix of short and long lines of sight?

Because I cannot even vocalise how much I despised MW3's maps. MW2 had the perfect maps in my opinion :/

Black Ops ones weren't bad.
    The maps are the best part of Blops2 so far. They are super balanced for all variations of weapons with lots of hot spots and choke points but varying escape routes to circle out. Snipers have nests and long line of sites but are not completely safe. SMG/Shotgun users have strong short range paths and alternating directions to avoid long lines of site (most of the time). AR/LMG have nice flexible ranges to play safe or aggressive.

These are, in my opinion, some of the strongest maps to date. One caveat - there is one that is basically similar to nuketown. It's a cruise ship and it's set up almost identically. It doesn't detract from it, but it's lazy similar.

Deleted
    I must say I am impressed by the game. I love that the FAL is in the game. But I really dislike that there is no M16 or something like it. The only 3round burst weapon looks too much like a famas kind of weapon which I hate. Love the new maps and the snipers (from those I've seen yet). The zombie mode made me feel like I was playing Left 4 Dead, it's more open now. Single player looks good as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    You get 3 installs of BO2, you probably just installed the single player version. Check your non-installed/installed category for the Zombie & Multiplayer versions.
    nope they are all installed.

edit: figured it out. imma dumass.
    Last edited by randomone05; 2012-11-13 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    I must say I am impressed by the game. I love that the FAL is in the game. But I really dislike that there is no M16 or something like it. The only 3round burst weapon looks too much like a famas kind of weapon which I hate. Love the new maps and the snipers (from those I've seen yet). The zombie mode made me feel like I was playing Left 4 Dead, it's more open now. Single player looks good as well.
    I agree. I really am enjoying this game. More burst weapons would be cool tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if you can change the "aim down sight" and "trigger" to the L2 R2 on PS3 as I recently bought the trigger addon for the controller and like that setup better ?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... Ive been trying to get past the second mission in the single player and the game keeps crashing... and it crashes on the boat part every single time.

"Black ops has stopped responding"

Thought it was a driver issue like I read somewhere, got the new beta driver that is for Black ops 2 and Assassin Creed 2... did not help at all, and I have a BEAST machine so its not that.

Sigh.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

What system are all of you guys playing on? I went to the release and picked up a 360 version, but ultimately decided I had the cash and bought a Steam version as well. CoD has always been something I've played on console for years now but after switching to PC it just doesn't feel quite the same as I now play the majority of everything on it, including Battlefield. Yet playing it on PC feels rather.. hollow? Maybe its the lack of loud obnoxious juveniles, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Seems like there's those few games keeping me from completely getting rid of my 360. Halo 4, Silent Hill HD. I wanted to pick up the Mass Effect trilogy on PC but what's the point when I own all 3, and have 100's of hours invested on those? Yet I have this urge to feel loyal to one system..

SMGs/ARs/LMGs all feel really clunky when ADSing. At least compared to the buttery smooth aiming of MW3. I think it is due in part to the ADS not reducing sensitivity, have not tested any guns with stock yet, but I assume it will be smoother. Shotguns and Snipers feel about right, though the shotgun pellets magically disappearing is still annoying. I kinda feel like they should still do some damage past their max range.

Side note: For those that are familiar with the CoD weapon damage mechanics, damage drop off is not linear in MW3, there are set intervals where the damage drops immediately.

Ex: In MW3 a gun that did 30-20 damage would do 30 to a point and then 29,28,27,26,etc... In Black Ops a 30-20 gun will do 30 to a point, and then immediately drop to 20.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

AR's damage drops off at range much faster than in previous games. SMG's seems to not.

FAL feels like the G3 from MW1, and it feels gooooood. Shock charges are awesome, as is the hunter-killer drone. Throwing the H-K out a doorway at someone rushing you is absolutely hilarious.

The second sniper rifle is quite nice, I don't remember its name.

Maps... the maps are... well there are quite a few much larger maps, and some that are smaller. My Favorite so far is probably either Hijack or the farm one that I don't remember the name of because it never comes up.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tried the multiplayer just yet, but I'm loving the campaign. There's a lot in it, as compared to the more bland MW. And the zombies, they're still kicking strong. I could actually last more than five waves by myself.

Have only played Team Death Match so far and I love it. Absolutley fantastic!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/13/w...ring-the-call/

Just in case any of you were treated to that issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    What system are all of you guys playing on? I went to the release and picked up a 360 version, but ultimately decided I had the cash and bought a Steam version as well. CoD has always been something I've played on console for years now but after switching to PC it just doesn't feel quite the same as I now play the majority of everything on it, including Battlefield. Yet playing it on PC feels rather.. hollow? Maybe its the lack of loud obnoxious juveniles, but it doesn't feel right to me.

Seems like there's those few games keeping me from completely getting rid of my 360. Halo 4, Silent Hill HD. I wanted to pick up the Mass Effect trilogy on PC but what's the point when I own all 3, and have 100's of hours invested on those? Yet I have this urge to feel loyal to one system..
    PC. I must say I miss the magic of playing on the XBOX but keyboard + mouse is just so much better for aiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Olli View Post
    PC. I must say I miss the magic of playing on the XBOX but keyboard + mouse is just so much better for aiming.
    It turns the game into a point and click. I much prefer using a console controller, it makes it more fun to me. And I started playing FPS's with a massive CS addiction, so please don't try to say I've never played a good FPS with a mouse + keyboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    It turns the game into a point and click. I much prefer using a console controller, it makes it more fun to me. And I started playing FPS's with a massive CS addiction, so please don't try to say I've never played a good FPS with a mouse + keyboard.
    I did not intend! I mean my aiming just improves when playing with a mouse and keyboard, I actually do prefer a controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is completely broken on PC, massive regret not getting it on xbox. First of all most games you can't connect to as you're instantly kicked, this seems to be fixed now but that's irrelevant because in most games there is a massive stutter. It's comparable to playing at 5fps, everyone get it, it's not my internet connection I'm full green bar, it's not my computer I'm capped out to vsync on max settings its the game. Completely unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominator View Post
    The game is completely broken on PC, massive regret not getting it on xbox. First of all most games you can't connect to as you're instantly kicked, this seems to be fixed now but that's irrelevant because in most games there is a massive stutter. It's comparable to playing at 5fps, everyone get it, it's not my internet connection I'm full green bar, it's not my computer I'm capped out to vsync on max settings its the game. Completely unplayable.
    I get stuttering in about half of my games & get kicked 1 in 10 games.

At least it's not stuttering all the time like the first BO did...
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    its not op and there are way better SMGs.
    To be fair, it feels like the automatic AR's damage at range falls off a lot faster than the SMG's, although fire speed is probably related to that.

I'd be curious, if you are at least in the mid 30's, what you think of the fourth 'tier' guns? I've unlocked but not spent the token on them yet.

After about 8 hours more MP last night it's beginning to feel more and more like Blops1, which isn't really a bad thing.

Some negative things that I'm starting to notice now that the newness is wearing off -

The same maps continuously pop up and get voted for.
    SMGs are, once again, stupid fucking powerful (hip fire and ADS).
    I'm finally getting the bullet time lag -7 hit markers on a guy yet I die in 2 and on top of that it skips at various times only while I'm firing.
    Perks feel boring even with wildcard builds (for now @ lvl 33).
    Getting kicked.
    Getting disconnected while partied fucks the whole party up.

The positives that still keeping me playing -

Knifing is back and it's super rewarding because it takes a bit of smarts to be decent at it rather than teleport lunge stabs being OP.
    Early unlocked weapons are super strong which gives a nice balanced feel for lower level players.
    There seems to be an awesome amount of extremely great players playing right now.
    Pointstreaks feel balanced.
    Shotguns rape again.
    The maps, though extremely similar to previous maps from other COD games, all feel exciting and have lots of pathways.
    Finding matches is lightning fast.

All in all, still having fun just starting to see shit more often now that I find annoying. Luckily I never expected the game to be perfect so my expectations are not shattered.