Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    After about 8 hours more MP last night it's beginning to feel more and more like Blops1, which isn't really a bad thing.

    Some negative things that I'm starting to notice now that the newness is wearing off -

    The same maps continuously pop up and get voted for.
    SMGs are, once again, stupid fucking powerful (hip fire and ADS).
    I'm finally getting the bullet time lag -7 hit markers on a guy yet I die in 2 and on top of that it skips at various times only while I'm firing.
    Perks feel boring even with wildcard builds (for now @ lvl 33).
    Getting kicked.
    Getting disconnected while partied fucks the whole party up.

    The positives that still keeping me playing -

    Knifing is back and it's super rewarding because it takes a bit of smarts to be decent at it rather than teleport lunge stabs being OP.
    Early unlocked weapons are super strong which gives a nice balanced feel for lower level players.
    There seems to be an awesome amount of extremely great players playing right now.
    Pointstreaks feel balanced.
    Shotguns rape again.
    The maps, though extremely similar to previous maps from other COD games, all feel exciting and have lots of pathways.
    Finding matches is lightning fast.

    All in all, still having fun just starting to see shit more often now that I find annoying. Luckily I never expected the game to be perfect so my expectations are not shattered.



  2. #102
    Scarab Lord Myz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Sweden and Switzerland
    Posts
    4,372
    Ok, I got over my initial disappointment and I'm actually liking it more. I truly appreciate the new maps, they are vibrant and refreshingly complex and multi-layered. It's the one feature in CoD that makes or breaks my experience. The gameplay is bound to be similar to previous installments, no changing that. Even so, I find that the new unlocking system and new perk/attachment/equipment/pointstreak additions are new enough to keep me interested.

    I haven't noticed any connection issues, so I guess I'll be glad for that.

    Just played some split screen zombies with an old friend of mine. We had an amazing afternoon. It might not be as challenging as WaW, but it still gave us a thrill. Best part was when we jumped down the farm into the subterranean nuclear panic room or w/e, only to find out we couldn't leave without fixing the power source and unable to find an ammo/weapon upgrade. That was downright exhilarating.
    Last edited by Myz; 2012-11-14 at 04:06 PM.

  3. #103
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    its not op and there are way better SMGs.
    Chicom CQB sucks, the SMGs are very strong damage wise but the recoil makes killing people long range hard, whereas im finding ARs to be very good at that, mainly the type 25, perhaps a small SMG nerf is necessary but it's not like they are the model 1887's of BO2..

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    Chicom CQB sucks, the SMGs are very strong damage wise but the recoil makes killing people long range hard, whereas im finding ARs to be very good at that, mainly the type 25, perhaps a small SMG nerf is necessary but it's not like they are the model 1887's of BO2..
    I think it's more of the "everyone is using them" scenario. Which makes it seem like they are more powerful because when you die and everyone is using them inevitably it'll look like they are the best for killing since you always seem to die to them. That is kind of how I feel right now because last night a vast majority of my deaths came from the Vector. It's ROF is bonkers and it's HTK is about the same or equal to most of the AR's HTKs (besides the FAL obviously).

    I'm forcing myself to use AR's, shotguns and a pure knife build just to be different but it's almost masochistic. Because the second I start dipping lower than the 1.0 KDR range or we start to lose the match I switch to the pdw-57 and smoke people. It pains me though because I like the MTAR and the FAL so much but I hate to be out shot by someone who hip fires their way to victory with a gun that vomits equally damaging rounds at me by the time I ADS and go hot.



  5. #105
    Fluffy Kitten Forsedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,217
    I want to ask...

    Is sniping viable again? MW3 killed the sniping scene. With only small and very small maps... if you wanted to play competitively, you absolutely did not snipe. Black Ops was pushing it for sniping so I found myself using a commando 90% of the time. It feels like sniping was killed off after MW2... at least in that game I could pull off a 12kd overall while enjoying sniping.

  6. #106
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Posts
    391
    I got the game early and havnt been able to play since the official release... getting servers unavailable, anyone having this problem?

  7. #107
    Herald of the Titans Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,912
    I really want to like the Swat Burst Assault rifle, (3rd unlock i think) but it's so fustrating aiming at peoples upperbody and doing a burst and not killing them in one burst. Especially because of the delay between each burst.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-11-14 at 08:27 PM.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I want to ask...

    Is sniping viable again? MW3 killed the sniping scene. With only small and very small maps... if you wanted to play competitively, you absolutely did not snipe. Black Ops was pushing it for sniping so I found myself using a commando 90% of the time. It feels like sniping was killed off after MW2... at least in that game I could pull off a 12kd overall while enjoying sniping.
    Sniping is absolutely back. Quick scope works very similar or identically to MW2 which is creating a lot of boohooing (not from me - I find it skillful). There are tons of long lines of site to snipe plus lots of little nooks or nets to find and use. The only big difference is, a lot of the camping perks and whatnot come later in your levels (ghost at 55) PLUS camping perks are riddled with anti camping stuff (ghost only works while moving) and there is a lot of anti camping hardware available (MMS works on non moving targets).

    And finally, the Barrett 50 cal and a semi auto sniper rifle unlock at level 4 and both handle quite nicely in a practiced sniper's hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I really want to like the Swat Burst Assault rifle, (3rd unlock i think) but it's so fustrating aiming at peoples upperbody and doing a burst and not killing them in one burst. Especially because of the delay between each burst.
    I felt the same, plus adding in my previous rant about smg vs ar really solidifies my lack of using the burst rifles. The FAL on the other hand........ 1-2 HTK is nice as hell, you just have to be accurate and have the perks/attachments that increase ADS speed.



  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    I got the game early and havnt been able to play since the official release... getting servers unavailable, anyone having this problem?
    Everyone on the PS3 is having issues playing online.

    It's been 6 hours when the problems for me started and Treyarch says they are busy with fixing it.

  10. #110
    Fluffy Kitten Forsedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,217
    I heard .50 cal... I am suddenly wanting to get the game now.

    My baby is in the game.

  11. #111
    I was playing NukeTown and some guy went off the handle accusing me of cheating cause he would shoot me and shoot me and I would not die but I would one or two shot him. He was really irate but I was not cheating the only thing I was using was the beginner sniper rifle and he was using the sub machine guns. I tried to tell him that with sub machine guns the stopping power of them are very low and the sniper rifles are really high. He kept on and kept on and said he would get me banned for cheating but really I doubt he has a leg to stand on about that. I was playing on the xbox btw. I hate it when people get like that but I am not sure what to tell people that really do not know anything about real weapons and swear that we that have high kill/death ratios just know how to play the classes.

  12. #112
    Mechagnome Proxeneta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far north of everything
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeySapper View Post
    I was playing NukeTown and some guy went off the handle accusing me of cheating cause he would shoot me and shoot me and I would not die but I would one or two shot him. He was really irate but I was not cheating the only thing I was using was the beginner sniper rifle and he was using the sub machine guns. I tried to tell him that with sub machine guns the stopping power of them are very low and the sniper rifles are really high. He kept on and kept on and said he would get me banned for cheating but really I doubt he has a leg to stand on about that. I was playing on the xbox btw. I hate it when people get like that but I am not sure what to tell people that really do not know anything about real weapons and swear that we that have high kill/death ratios just know how to play the classes.
    Never feed the trolls/kids/retards, just ignore them and go on with your day.

  13. #113
    the funny thing is everyone else in the lobby was on my side and everyone reported him for the abusive language he was using and I am a real Iraqi Freedom vet I really was getting angry with him so I muted him and he was kicked or logged out. Nerd rage extreme

  14. #114
    Fluffy Kitten Forsedar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,217
    I get hate messages all the time. I don't think that is anything different within the gaming community. In MMOs I get hate messages... in Halo 4 I have constant spam of hate messages. In CoD I swear I had a club that was dedicated to trolling me.

  15. #115
    Just finished the campaign, i was very surprised, best campaign since COD4

  16. #116
    Tried the campaign. Love the new stuff but the strategy maps are probably the hardest stuff I've seen.

  17. #117
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I want to ask...

    Is sniping viable again? MW3 killed the sniping scene. With only small and very small maps... if you wanted to play competitively, you absolutely did not snipe. Black Ops was pushing it for sniping so I found myself using a commando 90% of the time. It feels like sniping was killed off after MW2... at least in that game I could pull off a 12kd overall while enjoying sniping.
    I've got the same worries, I played almost solely S&D and almost solely used the Sniper Rifles, MW3 maps made both of those things a hellish nightmare.

  18. #118
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    124
    Just want to know if the PC version is working. Most games that come out on release have broken online multiplayer and I was considering buying this game tonight after work. I remember getting Black Ops 1 on release night and the online was broken. I remember getting World at War as well release week and the online was broken. If only game companies would test their games before release, not surprised though since it's COD after all.

  19. #119
    I know a lot of CoD fans really don't care, but I do. I've just finished the campaign in Blops 2, and it is by far the worst campaign, not only from the CoD series but from probably any FPS within the last 10 years. It's terrible. Theres no plot twist, nothing really major happens (That we haven't seen before) and it just feels repetitive. I'm a sucker for CoD campaigns, there's always that point in the game when you pause for a second and wonder how they got away with it, in Mw2, the airport scene was in the news, banned in some countries and actually made me gasp. In blops 2, nothing even remotely close to it. About the height of the campaign is making a choice who to kill by pressing either "F" or "Space". I'm guessing both cases have a similar outcome at the end of it anyway.

    The online on the other hand is pretty good, played for a few days and that freshness is still there. Already getting annoyed by the overpowered SMG's though but it's to be expected to be honest, they have always been overpowered and at least it's not as bad as the UMP45 in mw2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp15 View Post
    Just want to know if the PC version is working. Most games that come out on release have broken online multiplayer and I was considering buying this game tonight after work. I remember getting Black Ops 1 on release night and the online was broken. I remember getting World at War as well release week and the online was broken. If only game companies would test their games before release, not surprised though since it's COD after all.
    The game, for me is working fine. This is coming from a guy that black ops 1 didn't work for him for 2 months after release. I would have to say it's up there with some of the best game releases in terms of stability/compatibility and smoothness. I haven't heard really any problems with it so far.

  20. #120
    MP7, like in MW3, is OP as hell.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •