Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wish we could chose character model(like in counter strike) and customize it.

Finally got diamond camo for the shotguns. It was a pain in the ass, but it was worth it.

Thoroughly disappointed in this game.

By far one of the worst ever CoD's to date.

-No dedicated Servers.
    -Every Map just constant small corridors and Sprayfest.
    -SMG's overpowered to hell.
    -Sniper Rifles killing from no scope with ease.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -SMGs just hipfire so ADS any other type of gun is instant death.
    -Watching Kill cams the hit boxes and "lag tolerance" is nowhere near right.
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.

Can anyone confirm that Ghost does not hide you on enemy UAV while shooting without silencer right? So getting Ghost + silencer is not a bad choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Can anyone confirm that Ghost does not hide you on enemy UAV while shooting without silencer right? So getting Ghost + silencer is not a bad choice?
    Ghost only hides your body when an enemy has a UAV up, while moving, as far as I know. You still need a silencer to hide your shots fired from pinging the map regardless of UAV or not.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post

-No dedicated Servers.
    -The running to aiming system feels clunky as hell, takes ages to pull some guns up to aim even with perks and attachments to reduce ADS
    -Hit registration seems to be near completely random sometimes (guy hiding behind box, can only see his head, get 5 hitmarkers and no death?)

This entire game is just one giant disappointment, But it is my own fault for buying it after how shitty both WaW and BO1 were.

I guess Treyarch just can't make a proper fucking FPS. They need to just use the same coding as Modern Warfare since at least it runs well. even after all these years.

2/10 would not recommend any of my friends buy it. Ever. Even if it was on sale for $10.

Here are my opinions about the things you mentioned:

1.No dedicated does suck but the lobby system in this game is smoking MW's style of matchmaking.

2. Every map is not just corridors. Do you know how often I die to sniper fire? A lot. It's starting to balance out nicely with weapon types. Yes there are corridors but there is just as many open areas and long lines of site. The maps feel very balanced and thought out, which is refreshing.

3. SMGs are not overpowered. I've said this before so I won't go into great detail. They are powerful, yes but not overpowered. They seem broken right now because of two reasons. One, everyone is using them so you die to them the most. Two, run and gun with hipfire is one of the most played styles in COD but there are ways to stop it.

4. No Scope is a skill. It's one of those hate it or love its. I don't mind it but I'm also no good at it so I know it's not just something anyone can do.

5. I've read other people say this about ADS taking a long time to come up but I've ran dexterity and quickdraw with AR's and it comes right up instantly after sprinting. I can't confirm this is a legit complaint or just something repeated by people who hate the game. It's so hard to tell anymore.

6. SMG with laser is powerful as all hell but you play the run and gun game with anything less (except FAL/Shotguns) you should expect it. AR's will out shoot an SMG user firing from the hip if they are decent at aiming.

7. Absolutely agree. Hit box and hit registry is garbage. I get a knife hit marker (which is instant kill) and I turn to sprint away and get shot and killed by the guy I knifed. This happens way more than it should.

8. Agree again. Hit registry is shit and it's annoying.

I wouldn't give the game a 2/10 even if all of those things you complained about were happening constantly but I guess some people can't find the piles of positive things about a game when there are three legit things to complain about.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2012-11-21 at 02:11 PM.

To people who have the game, I have been looking for a new shooter to play, last one I played was Mass Effect 3, and haven't really played a competitive online one i a good while (haven't played battlefield 3, last cod game was MW2, or any indie shooter), so I would like a good competitive shooter to play.

So I was wondering if this is any good (or different from MW2) or if I should go with Halo 4, Counterstrike, or heck even Battlefield 3.

So I was wondering if this is any good (or different from MW2) or if I should go with Halo 4, Counterstrike, or heck even Battlefield 3.
    It's pretty different from MW2. Maps were a change for the worse in my opinion, prepare to die from lots of hipfired SMGs. Haven't played Halo 4 or CS:GO, but I just found BF3 to be a completely PITA, I much preferred BF2.

All personal preference in the end really.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    It's pretty different from MW2. Maps were a change for the worse in my opinion, prepare to die from lots of hipfired SMGs. Haven't played Halo 4 or CS:GO, but I just found BF3 to be a completely PITA, I much preferred BF2.

All personal preference in the end really.
    Hmmm, alright. I may just look at the steam sale for a shooter on sale.

the best thing in my opinion is the sound effects. Everytime I call up a Warthog I just sit back and watch and listen to it.

Knifing seems to be really popular atm. Here are a couple of tips for those trying to get into it:

Black Ops 2 Weapons

I have been playing some Black Ops 2 multiplayer, and for just general combat i go with an assault rifle. Yet, i tend to die often when using it and i ALWAYS see people using SMG's for all around combat. Am i missing something? Cause i always thought assault rifles were best for all around combat.

-No dedicated Servers.

I can't describe how much I agree with this statement, and these facts. The maps suck, I can not use any words to express just how much that they suck. Whenever I use anything else than a SMG I get sprayed by someone camping in a corner, or a drop shop, just they fire faster. The hit boxes are just terribad.

I wouldn't have bought this game at a yard sale for 5$ because I hate it so much, hell it's just BO 1.5. It's so repetitive I don't even know why they keep trying.

It's the most fun in a Call of Duty game I've had since MW2 [post patch].

That's all I will say about it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 01:08 AM ----------

20 bucks says the people complaining are ones that aren't any good and rage quit from matches as soon as they die.

Brewmaster
    @Shekita, so the only people who don't like a game you like are people who suck?. Came here to see reasons to buy it, put the people saying not to buy it, gave far better arguments, meh seems a bit like another generic fps. Hoped it would be fairly off the wall.

If you're looking for innovation or something new, CoD is probably not the series for you.

If you like the previous ones, and you're fine with paying for more of the same. Buy it. (before you jump me, I've bought every CoD since it's existance).
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    It's the most fun in a Call of Duty game I've had since MW2 [post patch].

That's all I will say about it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 01:08 AM ----------

20 bucks says the people complaining are ones that aren't any good and rage quit from matches as soon as they die.
    I can assure you, that using a "They only complain because they are Bad" argument tends to be useless when I can infact play.

I can assure you, that using a "They only complain because they are Bad" argument tends to be useless when I can infact play.

Being "good" in mw2 was a joke predator (5) to harrier (7) to chopper (11) rape face. And go 80+ kills. Black ops 2 has some of the best maps that suit all guns, multiple routes for flanking. Great item system and prestige this game. Zombies are great. Only people who don't like it usually are people who have always hated COD or IF fan boys. I wasn't even planning on getting blops 2 but I decided and it was a pretty good purchase I liked the campaign while it was kind of short though. But this is my opinion my point though, being "good" in mw2 not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewarior View Post
    Being "good" in mw2 was a joke predator (5) to harrier (7) to chopper (11) rape face. And go 80+ kills. Black ops 2 has some of the best maps that suit all guns, multiple routes for flanking. Great item system and prestige this game. Zombies are great. Only people who don't like it usually are people who have always hated COD or IF fan boys. I wasn't even planning on getting blops 2 but I decided and it was a pretty good purchase I liked the campaign while it was kind of short though. But this is my opinion my point though, being "good" in mw2 not hard.
    I'm not a CoD hater or an IW fanboy.

Why does anyone saying shit is bad in a game when it ACTUALLY is automatically make them a Hater of everything about the game or a fanboi to some other party.

Hell even today they fucked the game even more with a Patch they did, which is lagging out nearly everyone on all servers, Matchmaking people from vastly distant countries and fucking FPS rates.

There is no fanboyism or "CoD"-hating. This game just literally is a piece of steaming shit compared to every other CoD.

It does not have the "best" maps, It has by far some of the worst it does not suit all guns, it suits SMG's and knives mostly, and the fact they still can't figure out how to do normal respawn points, 50% of all my Deaths are people that spawn about 15yrds behind me and just shoot me since I have my back to them. The Item System isn't "great" it is just a hybrid mash together of Battlefield and MW.

I've also got Screenshots of playing on Barebones servers with 60+ kills, where you can't do the "LOLRAPE" things you say make the game "easy"

just got the game, really liking it so far compared to previous CoD games. but on 2 maps, slums and the train one my game keeps making this weird noise, its like a clicking sound is the best i can describe it, every 15-20 seconds, its quite loud and i have no idea what it is. my friend cant hear it, and i have everyone in game muted so its not coming from anyones mic. it just does it on 2maps, its quite irritating. xbox version by the way, anyone else know what this is?

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    If you're looking for innovation or something new, CoD is probably not the series for you.

If you like the previous ones, and you're fine with paying for more of the same. Buy it. (before you jump me, I've bought every CoD since it's existance).

i always say to myself im not going to buy the nexy CoD becuase i know it will just be the same as the last, but i always end up buying them i was hooked on the series since i played call of duty 2, best one ever!

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 07:35 PM ----------

my only real complaints are the the same for all CoD games, they cant seem to do spawn points properly, i have been spawn killed 4 times in a row in a match earlier, people camping all game makes it really boring and people who have their mics on to scream at everyone who kills them.
    Too cool for a signature

Looking for xbox 360 players right now!
    So me and my friend are tired of playing with incompetent players on our team we are looking for some people who are relatively skilled and are up for doing callouts in party (saying where people are etc.) we are mainly playing hardpoint / kill confirmed so if your interested in playing with two skilled and objective players add my gamertag : ReactiveGaming Please dont be mic. shy or anything like that we are all depending on each other