Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    With the peacekeeper recoil so low w/o attachments, does it really need a grip?
    Yes and no. PK has a random recoil at a longer range that I find grip useful for. Since I run PK like an AR, rather than an SMG, I spend a lot of time popping long range shots that grip really assists with. Honestly though, that second attachment is a personal choice. I have had zero problems going above 1.5-2.0 with nothing attached at all (during camo unlocks). Red dot isn't needed, ext mag not needed, long barrel is shit, quickdraw is shit on an smg, laser is shit, and stock is shit. I could run FMJ but in HC the gun wall bangs good enough for me to net kills when I do pen. Quick mag would be a default but I stray from that crutch since the reload is already quite fast. Like I said, it's a personal choice really for SMGs.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Yes and no. PK has a random recoil at a longer range that I find grip useful for. Since I run PK like an AR, rather than an SMG, I spend a lot of time popping long range shots that grip really assists with. Honestly though, that second attachment is a personal choice. I have had zero problems going above 1.5-2.0 with nothing attached at all (during camo unlocks). Red dot isn't needed, ext mag not needed, long barrel is shit, quickdraw is shit on an smg, laser is shit, and stock is shit. I could run FMJ but in HC the gun wall bangs good enough for me to net kills when I do pen. Quick mag would be a default but I stray from that crutch since the reload is already quite fast. Like I said, it's a personal choice really for SMGs.
    Put laser on it (or not, with the PK) and you don't need to ADS at anything that isnt a long shot in HC. I prefer either Laser or Quickdraw for HC, but that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Put laser on it (or not, with the PK) and you don't need to ADS at anything that isnt a long shot in HC. I prefer either Laser or Quickdraw for HC, but that is just me.
    Laser is garbage imo. I ADS constantly. I broke myself of hipfire when I first used laser. It's great for getting diamond camo with a sprinkle of luck but all in all it's really a nub crutch. In HC it's all about who shoots first, sure, but i beat most laser hipfire bads instantly when ADS. SMG has almost instantaneous ADS and with the recent changes to accuracy while firing during ADS I get the kill nine times out of ten. Yes, laser can do great in some situations but most of the time, especially in HC, if you don't run around all cray, you can ADS spots where people should be and get the kill long before a laser hipfire kills you.

QD is another attach not worth it for SMg seeing that it has almost instant ADS by default, even after sprinting. That is all QD does is speeds up ADS after sprinting, not in general. With an SMG you'd be better off going quick mag or ext mag (if you tend to miss a lot and not run scav). Other than that I say still it's a personal thing.
    Last edited by JustintimeSS; 2013-03-04 at 06:46 AM.

Laser is garbage imo. In HC it's all about who shots first, sure, but i beat most laser hipfire bads instantly when ADS. SMG has almost instantaneous ADS and with the recen t changes to accuracy while firing during ADS I get the kill nine times out of ten. Yes, laser can do great in some situations but most of the time, especially in H, if you don't run around all cray, you can ADS spots where people should be and get the kill long before a laser hipfire kills you.

QD is another attach not worth it for SMg seeing that it has almost instant ADS by default, even after sprinting. That is all QD does is speeds up ADS after sprinting, not in general. With an SMG you'd be better off going quick mag or ext mag (if you tend to miss a lot and not run scav). Other than that I say still it's a personal thing.
    If I'm using a SMG I am sprinting or shooting (or out of breath because my soldiers are out of shape). Sure it is a personal choice, I'm just saying I prefer to hipfire with SMG's in HC on a LMG.

I also tend to feel the faster I play, the faster I move/look the more my reflexes are honed and the faster I respond, and that includes making ADS faster with Quickdraw, but that might just be me imagining it, I don't know.

If I'm using a SMG I am sprinting or shooting (or out of breath because my soldiers are out of shape). Sure it is a personal choice, I'm just saying I prefer to hipfire with SMG's in HC on a LMG.

I also tend to feel the faster I play, the faster I move/look the more my reflexes are honed and the faster I respond, and that includes making ADS faster with Quickdraw, but that might just be me imagining it, I don't know.
    Well then you understand how the attachments for SMGs are a personal choice, be it placebo or actual. Whichever nets you the kills is the most important.

Well then you understand how the attachments for SMGs are a personal choice, be it placebo or actual. Whichever nets you the kills is the most important.
    Well sure, just like I said in the post you quoted :P
    I prefer either Laser or Quickdraw for HC, but that is just me.

Well sure, just like I said in the post you quoted :P
    touché

I'm going to quote the great Colonel Sanders: "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Yet, my opinions on your attachment choices are just that; opinions.

touché

I'm going to quote the great Colonel Sanders: "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Yet, my opinions on your attachment choices are just that; opinions.
    Now, if I could find some way to fit 4 attachments on my gun, that would be the gun of kings. Of kings, sir.

How you doing with diamonds? Got everything done yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im using Reflex sight, fast mag and quickdraw. I find the recoil extremely easy to manage.

Few games from my first night using it.

By far my fave gun, did all the challenges for it instantly, getting like 3-5 bloodthirstys a game, but now i'm stuck on revenge medals of all to be stuck on lol, getting like 1 a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or3dq...8FlkiQ&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgruc...8FlkiQ&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7jf...8FlkiQ&index=1

Thanks for the response. Reading some of your other posts, I do kinda feel the laser for me is kind of a crutch, it nets me the most kills, but i may probably do as well without it at close range using an SMG.

I understand the PK dominates mid range engagements for all the previously mentioned reasons, however for a run and gun I am addicted to the Skorpion, but ppl still say the other popular SMG's are better. I am addicted to the Skorpion's DPS but I feel I need to break the laser habit to make me a more capable ADS player. May try swapping out the laser for a dot and foregrip to tame that kick.

Im only on my first 52 levels and trying to find my sweet spot in terms of guns. I would love to prestige but unlocking the AN-94 only to have it taken away will suck.

Now, if I could find some way to fit 4 attachments on my gun, that would be the gun of kings. Of kings, sir.

How you doing with diamonds? Got everything done yet?
    I'm on my last 2 AR's (SMR/SCAR) to get them diamond. SMG, Specials, Pistols, and rockets(lol) are all diamond now.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    Thanks for the response. Reading some of your other posts, I do kinda feel the laser for me is kind of a crutch, it nets me the most kills, but i may probably do as well without it at close range using an SMG.

I understand the PK dominates mid range engagements for all the previously mentioned reasons, however for a run and gun I am addicted to the Skorpion, but ppl still say the other popular SMG's are better. I am addicted to the Skorpion's DPS but I feel I need to break the laser habit to make me a more capable ADS player. May try swapping out the laser for a dot and foregrip to tame that kick.

Im only on my first 52 levels and trying to find my sweet spot in terms of guns. I would love to prestige but unlocking the AN-94 only to have it taken away will suck.
    The Evo is probably one of the strongest SMGs available in both HC and Core. Its RoF and damage, not to mention lack of recoil in ADS, makes it really powerful. Vector can creep up and pass it in HC simply due to RoF. I have tried a lot of different SMG set ups and found the MSMC to be great for some reason and I can't explain why. The PDW is gods gift to learning how to ADS because you get 50 rounds per magazine. Hell, I've even ran it with rapid fire and grip just for giggles.

Laser is a crutch and I'm not going to lie, I used it for a while when I was leveling up diamond SMGs. But I think one night I ran MSMC with grip and reflex and my mind was blown on how well I did. From that moment on I put reflex on my SMGs (unless they had nice iron sites) and just forced myself to ADS. It really helped a lot when I moved to ARs as well because I was already habitually aiming down the sites.

I really don't necessarily like the PK , it's just new and I want diamond on it for completion sake. It has great long range but truthfully in HC almost any SMG in the right hands will dominate. The RoF of the PK is a turn off for me but I like the range of it since it fits my play style of half-assed run and gun plus camp.

Also, if you haven't tried the M8A1 you should. It's just LOL OP. Push hard on leveling it up and get select fire for it. Toss a silencer on it and it shoots like a laser (even from the hip). It was my first gold rifle.