Deleted

Duels: Reset Cds?

Ok, duels imo is the fastest and best way to know your opponents, and its fun too. Not good against a class? Duel until you learn a lot of them and even learn about different uses of your own skills. This may be posted again, I dunno, but blizzard never made any changes in how duels works overall.
    I mean, a "clean cd" future right before the duel starts (like in arenas) will be awesome, alloying ppl duel without w8ing 3-4-5 minutes for their cds. To avoid exploits, you can let real cds clocking in the background, and after the duel is finished the timers will return to their original non-duel state.
    There are many interesting duels happening out there, and ppl want to watch them. I believe that an "duel observer mode" will be awesome, alloying you to watch their hp bars, cast bars, or even navigate your "camera" near the heart of the action without annoying them with your presence.
    What you say?

Sounds nice. but could be exploited in some way idk =/ But I guess somthign like a "state" you enter when you duel, wich resets all CDs. And when you leave the duel the CDs will be set to what it was before you started the duel.

I thought exactly about this yesterday :P

I think they should take a "snapshot" of our CDs when you are dueled then when it ends, it would reapply this "snapshot".

For example : Cooldown A have 2min left on it, Cooldown B have 47sec left on it. Duel start, all CD back to 0. Duel end, A back to 2min, B to 47sec.

No exploit possible but may involve a lot of programming.
    Victory to the Alliance !

Deleted
    Nice idea, however would be exploited easily for greifing/ganking/general lulz.

I Duel another player, duel starts, and we start attacking other players etc popping all cds and being all round general wincopters.

We then forfeit, and have all our CDs free again ! Pop them and go nuts.

Ok you could reset all cds when a duel ends to having JUST been used so maximum timers, however it doesnt stop chain duel/forfeit to basially have perma OP buffs. So you could have a BM Hunter rolling out with BW RF and Stampede perma up, Pallies with permawings and heroism being an all round standard presence.

I guess you could make it so you cant attack anyone you are not duelling to remove the above or possibly phasing duelling players out ( removes spectating though )

But then if your Duelling your screwed if someone decides to swoop down and start attacking you. And you cant have it so people cant attack duelling players as its then an easy "oh crap we are losing" out of jail free card for pvping in the world.

Deleted
    I made a suggestion a while back that they should make an instanced area just for dueling

The idea would be that cd's could then be reset on accepting a duel and they couldn't be used to exploit or cause grief

in the instanced area, it could either just be a large flat area or have pillars etc, no mobs and maybe vendor npc's for repair and things.

There's a lot of "what if's.." that can be applied to resetting CDs for dueling etc. The main problem is Blizzard won't do it because:

A. It might imbalance PvE, people running outside of a raid, each dueling each other to reset cooldowns and running back in. (People are dying on purpose to reset heroism etc in raids anyway. And they've built-in CD reset on wiping).
    B. It might imbalance would PvP, like Nellas said above.
    C. It requires effort.

The main problem is C. In their eyes they are probably weighing up the pros and cons. There isn't a 'dueling community' per se, so who would actually enjoy a 'dueling zone'. And how is it any different to implementing a World PvP zone? (Gurubashi Arena).

Obviously, in my opinion there should be a place like Dalaran Sewers in every main town. I hate having to run outside of a town just to duel someone, or try something. If you want to try your PvE rotation, you go to the target dummys. Why isn't there a 'small arena' type thing in main cities where people can practice PvP combat? But hey, pet battles are way more important.

They should add duel zones, where your character state is frozen when you enter it, and it is restored when you leave it.

And if they start with that, they should also introduce 1on1 arena. They failed at class balance since... since ever, so it won't make a change anyway. You can't be successful in 3on3 arena with ANY comp you want, only specific ones guarantee success, so it's no difference to a 1on1 environment. To fix the duration, they could let you fight for 10 minutes under normal conditions, and from then on healing is reduced through a debuff by 25% every minute, so after max. 15 min even a healer vs healer fight is over.

People are always very good at pointing out flaws and at saying "nay, this or that won't work", but they don't even bother to think what a solution for a specific problem could look like. So yeah, don't wonder if your idea is rejected here.

I like it and I always asked myself why they didn't introduce it yet. I guess the majority of the WoW players are NPC bashers and a profit oriented company always has to prioritize what the majority wants.

or you can just not use cds in duels. I personally don't. They're way too imbalanced in duels. I feel like I cheat when I use cds so just I avoid using them

been asking for this for years... and it will never happen

if you wanna reset your cds q into a arena / wargame and then leave

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wassonator View Post
    or you can just not use cds in duels. I personally don't. They're way too imbalanced in duels. I feel like I cheat when I use cds so just I avoid using them
    it was always kind of a code between our guildies that longer cds wouldnt be used in duels. like lay on hands or heroism/bloodlust/timewarp whatever it is they call it these days.

that being said i never had a problem with anyone using these longer cooldowns as i always prepared myself to deal with them should someone use one.