Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Been playing for a bit. It's quite fun, however the matchmaking system is horribly broken. Putting pugs against full premades =/
    A new matchmaker *should* be implemented on the Nov 6th patch (along with a few other goodies), but until then (and after) hop on the public TS3 server and group up! You can pub-stomp or simul-drop to play against other premades.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Played it a bit last night. Never was too much of a Mechwarrior fan but did not enjoy at all. Do not enjoy the slow controls, though I think that's like a Mechwarrior thing.

The worst part was the matchmaking. Going up against people who have been playing the game for a very long time and are very good, especially when they've got access to all kinds of goodies and perks you don't have as a new player, really ruins the experience. I just got tired of getting shitstomped and feeling totally helpless.

I totally expected to get my ass kicked a bit while I learned how to play the game and everything, but I expected to feel like I was at least accomplishing something and that I had a chance at one point or another. That was never the case : /

Played a few matches so far, starting to get a hang of it and so far I'm still interested in learning more.

I have a question though, will our accounts(money, exp etc) be reset when the game goes official?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Played a few matches so far, starting to get a hang of it and so far I'm still interested in learning more.

I have a question though, will our accounts(money, exp etc) be reset when the game goes official?
    According to PGI, Mondays reset was the last of many resets. However, I expect if for whatever unforeseen reason they absolutely have to do a wipe, they will do it like Tribes: Ascend did and wipe out your mechs/builds, but reinstate your stats and refund all money earned/purchased. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, as you might prefer to build in a different direction by that point.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    how well will this game run with a a quad core computer? also are the Unseen mechs in game or not.... I want my warhammer back.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

how pay to win is this game going to be?

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 05:17 PM ----------

Okay, way too play to win.

To get into a medium mech is about 3.5 million CBILLS, you early 50 to 75k per battle. You do the math. However you can buy it for about 8 or 9 dollars. There appear to be only four maps and no real reason to play other than as a mech simulator
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I love mechs and I love everything about this game apart from my skill, which is way down in the toilet. It could really do with some sort of training mode to get used to the controls without being in an active PvP match.

Considering it's popularity, also devs took away the counter of online players...this game is dying now and will never ever rise.
    Why and when devs have to disable online ppl counter? When the situation is bad and beyond them.
    Why and when devs have to rush open beta while the game is still in alpha state? When the situation is bad and beyond them, also that 5 mln $ did nothing.

I myselef would just pick world of tanks instead of mwo because of maaany reasons. While it's pay 2 win, still, more enjoyable and reliable product if you have to play such a game.

i just downloaded the ever so small client and installed it but I cannot find any button on the screen that says "start game" or any such button. all i get is the screen with the rotating advertisements and the links at the top of the launcher window load up in the web browser... also it appears to not be downloading anything.
    The Money-Pit 2011:
    MB: Asus M4A78LT-M CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2Ghz RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB HDD: Seagate 500GB PSU: Antec TP-650 OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit