10+ Year Old Account

scent of blood and hit/exp

should I hit/exp cap to make the most out of scent of blood.

Ive read different thing on the subject but nothing concert to prove it is/not good to go hit/exp.

1. really what I wanta know is should I itemize hit/exp or not.

2. another thing is conversion vs. deathpact - is conversion overall a bettter heal but decreases my dps?

3. last thing is gear, should I get dps helms if they have a ton of mastery or is sticking with a tank stat helm better and reforge it too mastery.

p.s. anyone else annoyed with the scent of blood mech? I really feel you should also have a 20% chance to stack the buff from dodge, parry, and when you absorb an attack. With the way it is i almost never get full 5 stacks of sob and it annoys me.

Scent of Blood personally has no impact on how I gear/spec/whatever, it is rather useless. Regarding DPS, though, I would highly suggest reaching the hit/exp caps WITHOUT sacrificing mastery. I have finally hit that point with a 478 ilvl, and it makes a significant difference in your DPS output, which is definitely important now-a-days.

I also use Conversion when raiding, as it seems more useful, primarly regarding the Stone Guards, I can pop it while tanking the single dog to help out the healers focus on more important jobs.

Your last point, if you get a DPS helm with mastery, it could be better. I think the best gloves from heroics are the gloves with hit and mastery, which are considered DPS gloves based on their model.

Scent of blood shouldn't affect your playstyle. For practical purposes you can pretty much ignore the buff.

1. There are plenty of dks how go full hit /exp and do quite well. It depends on your preference and healers more than anything, but it is a perfectly viable option even for high end progression at the moment.

2. I would personally never take conversion over death pact. Death pact is so amazing and on such a reasonably short cd that I would never give it up.

3. This just depends. If the tanking helm has dodge I would go with the dps one, but you also have to factor in whether there is a greater amount of strength on the dps helm as strength converts very well into parry and can't be ignored. Also haste does provide some, albeit negligible, survivability value.
    Last edited by burbon; 2012-10-29 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the input