Do you think each of the past expansions should have an "ending quest arc"?

Been thinking about this while I went through the cataclysm content. At this point we go through the build-up leading up to Illidan, the Lich King and Deathwing but are cut off just before the action starts and sent to the next zone to go through that storyline. This is especially relevant in my opinion when it comes to WotLK and Cata.

So what I thought is if Blizz were to create questlines in Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm for Kael and Illidan, Icecrown at least for Arthas and then Dragon Soul or whatever (wasn't around for Deathwing.) where you accompany people like Maiev, Tyrion and probably the dragons then (again, wasn't around) or just go by yourself and finish that boss off in a similar manner as how the Sha of Anger and other boss-type entities in MoP were defeated but more epic and difficult but still not so difficult that you'd skip it.

You'd be rewarded with lots and lots of XP in order to make it worth it not just lore wise.

Of course the instances would still be around for people who want to do them, this would just be a phasing thing but it would tie the story together really well and come the final expansion it would perhaps even be possible to run through the game in a similar manner as Diablo.

So what of it, got any thoughts?

Might be interesting, though I think the majority of responses are going to be "just find people and run the raid if you want to see the story, you can get transmog anyway." I mean it's not like any of WoW's lore stands up to Moby Dick or Frankenstein, bur I could see why some people might want to have easy access to it without the pug environment.

Also Deathwing was just kinda thrown in and didn't really have a story. I mean there is one, but it's like comparing Dr Seuss to Eragon in getting across the story compared to other expansions.

If you want know the end of the expansion, play the end raid, and watch the movies in them. Or just watch them on youtube.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Besides MoP, each expansion has had a lead in event in game. I guess it's more of an "opening a new story-arc" rather than a "closing old story-arc" but I think it accomplishes the same thing
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree at all.

It was far more epic for our 25 man team to take down the Lich King and Deathwing than it would be for me to do it alone with 1 or 2 NPC's helping me. To give the end raids as quests in game would destroy the lore. How could you take Deathwing seriously if you defeat him nearly single-handily?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't agree at all.

It was far more epic for our 25 man team to take down the Lich King and Deathwing than it would be for me to do it alone with 1 or 2 NPC's helping me. To give the end raids as quests in game would destroy the lore. How could you take Deathwing seriously if you defeat him nearly single-handily?
    I don't mean it would be a replacement in any way. It would just keep the game together when you're leveling through it. Something that's added after another expansion. I remember my WotLK raids very fondly, as well as the beginning of Cataclysm and I agree with how epic it was but I also ran Kael at level 80 and it obivously wasn't epic at all. My idea would be for the story to always conclude in the former expansions and it would of course have to be epic as fuck. I don't want to be misunderstood as wanting the content to be abolished and wanting the coming expansions to have conclusions like these from the get go but rather just want the character who destroyed the scourge throughout Northrend and was thwarting the Twilight's Hammer's plans to get a chance to go and defeat those guys within the flow of the leveling when it's already been done anyways.

It's not that I have a problem with PuGing with 5 guys and killing Deathwing but rather just not really wanting the glory of a former expansion reduced to 5-10 levels of grinding with quest texts that don't matter at all since it doesn't end up in anything than just taking that flying ship to the Jade Forest.