Deleted

Making money through Blacksmithing?

I've never been one for professions, and to be perfectly honest, they still confuse me. I've had mining maxed out and I decided to go for BS, since I needed a 'raid profession'. I leveled it soley for the two extra sockets and hit 600 today. Is BS a good money maker? If so, how do you profit from it?

Thank you for any and all help.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the 450 PVP gear sells for a decent markup, as well as belt buckles, which always have a fairly steady demand. If you have a fully upgraded farm or some other way to get spirits of harmony, the crafted epics also sell pretty well. The tank gloves in particular have been a hot seller on my server with a sell price of double or sometimes nearly triple the mat cost (pricing a spirit of harmony according to its trade in value, generally the price of three golden lotus).
    Last edited by Teremett; 2012-10-29 at 08:42 PM. Reason: clarity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teremett View Post
    A lot of the 450 PVP gear sells for a decent markup, as well as belt buckles, which always have a fairly steady demand. If you have a fully upgraded farm or some other way to get spirits of harmony, the crafted epics also sell pretty well. The tank gloves in particular have been a hot seller on my server with a sell price of double or sometimes nearly triple the mat cost (pricing a spirit of harmony according to its trade in value, generally the price of three golden lotus).
    How do I go about dealing with Living Steel?

Edit: Just to be clear, I mean...how do I go about dealing with 8 separate alchemists, I don't understand...

I just think I'm missing some crucial to the understanding of how it works. Any help?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-29 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just buy the living steel off the AH (assuming I need more than the four I can make a day myself). Even if you have to buy all the living steel instead of making it yourself, belt buckles can net you a couple hundred gold (which I know isn't much, but you can sell a lot of them, especially on Tuesday evenings) and epics can make you several thousand gold after mat cost.

Deleted
    So, am I correct in thinking that:

Living steel belt buckle - Either go farm some trillium and get a alchemist to transmute for you, buy trillium bars off the AH if you can't be bothered and get an alchemist to transmute for you, or buy living steel off the AH yourself

Crafted epics - I need to farm some motes of harmony myself, and then they need to supply the living steels?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-29 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you raid by the sounds of it, see if u can get lucky enough to get some of the raid drop recipes in MSV.
    I got the dps glove pattern and have made 3 for people each with a 5k crafting price

Deleted
    Can I just get confirmation on my last post, please.

Or you could make alchemist alts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    So, am I correct in thinking that:

Living steel belt buckle - Either go farm some trillium and get a alchemist to transmute for you, buy trillium bars off the AH if you can't be bothered and get an alchemist to transmute for you, or buy living steel off the AH yourself

Crafted epics - I need to farm some motes of harmony myself, and then they need to supply the living steels?
    Its just a big game of shop. Sell what people want to buy at a more attractive price than your competitors.

To get living steel you either buy it off the AH or find a friendly alchemist who will make it for you normally for a fee or get the person wnating the item crafted to provide it themselves.

You need the spirits of harmony because they are soulbound. Farming by killing mobs or farming Tillers rep so you cna grow motes are your options.
    A raiding guild usually has players with maxed professions, just make friends. Also suggest becoming the guild BS, which should give you priority for the epic patterns.

Keep up every thing that is sellable on the ah and be the cheapest. Collect your money.

I've never been one for professions, and to be perfectly honest, they still confuse me. I've had mining maxed out and I decided to go for BS, since I needed a 'raid profession'. I leveled it soley for the two extra sockets and hit 600 today. Is BS a good money maker? If so, how do you profit from it?

Thank you for any and all help.
    You have a disenchanter alt.... about the only way I see to turn a decent profit with having mining as well
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Its just a big game of shop. Sell what people want to buy at a more attractive price than your competitors.

To get living steel you either buy it off the AH or find a friendly alchemist who will make it for you normally for a fee or get the person wnating the item crafted to provide it themselves.

You need the spirits of harmony because they are soulbound. Farming by killing mobs or farming Tillers rep so you cna grow motes are your options.
    A raiding guild usually has players with maxed professions, just make friends. Also suggest becoming the guild BS, which should give you priority for the epic patterns.

Keep up every thing that is sellable on the ah and be the cheapest. Collect your money.
    I guess BS just isn't that good at getting you gold. The only way I can see myself making any sort of noticeable profit is if I somehow get an alchemist to transmute for free, otherwise it's usually 200g per transmute. I do have mining, so I can go out and farm trillium, but white trillium seems to be rare, so I'm also spending some money on that. Why do we depend on another profession? And farming motes is apparently very time consuming as well.

Deleted
    You can get motes through tillers farming.
    Make sets of pvp gear and keep them as the cheapest on the ah.
    Just farm ore and sell it or craft it. Trullium is a rare spawn and you cnat really go and farm it specifically.
    Get the epic recipes and the additional ones from Golden lotus. Do you have those from dailies?

If you are smart then you cna make reasonable money, but on a competitive server, then you have to apply yourself.

I guess BS just isn't that good at getting you gold. The only way I can see myself making any sort of noticeable profit is if I somehow get an alchemist to transmute for free, otherwise it's usually 200g per transmute. I do have mining, so I can go out and farm trillium, but white trillium seems to be rare, so I'm also spending some money on that. Why do we depend on another profession? And farming motes is apparently very time consuming as well.
    BS is good at getting you gold, given the access to other professions, but then again, most professions work that way, as soon as you combine them with the others they can net you a steady income of alot of gold. Having access to your own transmutes makes it alot easier to make a profit. If I buy living steel of the AH and make buckles I get about 150g profit on each of them. Since you have mining, adding in your own transmute master alchemists increases your gains by alot.

For 1 living steel (about 650g on my realm) you need 6 trillium bars (about 90g each, which is 540g), if I transmute ghost iron bars into trillium I need 3 stacks of ghost iron bars (about 400g), if I smelt those ghost iron bars myself I need 6 stacks of ore (about 220g), see where I am going? I just made a belt buckle that I sell for 800-900g for about 220g in mats and I am not even calculating the procs I can have on my transmute master, adding alchemy to the riddle makes it alot more profitable, every alchemist you have nets you around 500-600g profit a day, in this case you can ask if you make the most profit on the BS or the alchemist, but BS does add value to your product.