so this spriest in my guild...

i posted a log a couple weeks ago and got some nice responses , well not nice, but helpful to try to help her

this week , she at least got her gear in order, but damn......

here is the logs. wth is she doing wrong. she swears she is reading all kinds of sites and forums to help herself.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...um/damageDone/

please someone help me to help her.

Deleted
    Did she change halo to DS in middle of the fight???

you are seeing a running total of all dps for all attempts right there. Go in fight by fight for a more accurate depiction of wuts going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Yaanai/simple

Well a couple things is still wrong with her gear,

Mogu rune trinket, ????? does she realize that it only gives 751 mastery??? 100's of trinkets are better (maybe shes using for questing idk)

no gems in gloves, no belt buckle, no glove enchant

Stats - She is way under hitcap, and her highest stat out of mastery, haste, crit is mastery, that's not good

So alot can be fixed on gear.

Talents, power infusion < divine insight, the xtra mind blast is really op

so that could be a huge reason on dps loss is wrong talent

Fight length on kill: 6 min 46 sec - MB cast: 26 ... That number should be closer to 40.
    With 26 MBs she's missing at least 5 DPs.

Also DoT uptime doesn't look that well. (60% and 80% on VT/SW:P on Feng).

As said above - she's way under the hitcap, while she could easily reach hit. Int/Spirit thread on pants, reforge light of cosmos and done.
    Further - the Ghost Iron Dragonling with Haste/Spirit/Crit gems is far superior to her mogu rune trinket, and VERY cheap to get.

Deleted
    According to her armory she doesn't have any insight in how to shadow priest in PvE at all..

Just by quickly browsing at her log everything becomes even more obvious. Terrible dot uptime, especially for a multidot fight (looking at the stone guard kill where she was alive throughout the fight). Her dot uptime is bad even if the fight was single target.
    And she didn't seem to have divine insight talented. That means she is able to cast mind blast roughly every 9,5 second (starting with the first on the opener). Her mind blast per minute ratio was 3,8 which means one mind blast every 15,8 second.. Absolutely terrible of her.
    Her low average Halo damage per hit/crit could also indicate that she doesn't use it optimally either.

Deleted
    Concerning armory:
    -Hitcap is not reached
    -Gems in hands and belt are missing
    -Enchants on hands and wrists are missing, cloak should be enchanted with the tailoring enchant (Lightweave Embroidery), pants should be enchanted with Sanctified Spellthread
    -Mogu Rune of Paralysis should be replaced immediately! She should at least get Ghost Iron Dragonling if Relic of Yu'lon is to expensive or Flashfrozen Resin Globule refuses to drop
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2012-10-29 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    Not to be negative but... Mogu Rune of Paralysis? Some people are just not made for raiding. If she really wanted to raid she would have fixed minor details like hit cap and gems/buckles. Or maybe she should just wait for 5-10% nerf, it's not like everyone can raid current content. Don't view me as an elitist or anything but IMO a raider should try harder to learn his/her class. Especially trivial things like correct stat budget on gear. Just using noxxic.com you can get the perfect reforge priority, rotation, glyphs, gems and enchants. Good luck in her improving her dps else you could consider doing alt runs and helping her progress too if you really don't want to leave her behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like she doesn't have an addon to keep track of her dots, is this true? It can be almost impossible keeping dots up if you don't have a way of monitoring them. I recommend NeedToKnow, and if you really wanna confuse the shit out of yourself you can use ForteXorcist :-D

on the kill she did the lock, i hope hes being investigated as well and its not all just priests-aimed

haste on boots, spirit on pants (instead of reforging crit to spirit everywhere else), perhaps time to consider grene gems (twice as int of a secondary stat)

too little dp, is mind blast used on every cd (and proc)?

Just by regemming more haste and less pure intellect and rechecking reforge she can gain roughly 4% haste, that much increase in haste is too good to let slip.
    Dot uptime is close to abysmal, MB not used on cooldown, Power Infusion as talent which on most fights is subpar compared to the other choices.
    No Glyph of Mind Flay, while not needed 100%, the extra mobility it adds is an absolute plus and in most cases too good to let slip.

Still a lot of room for improvement but those are the obvious things I could change

Deleted
    OK. Going to be basing this off the Stone Guards kill, basing DPS off wipes isn't always the best as people can try to learn the fight.

It's a 6 minute and 46 second kill, or 406 seconds. This leaves room for ~41 Mind Blasts (assuming 10s per Blast) which she should be doing. I understand that it's not always practical to get a Blast off on CD, so this number should realistically be at around 37-39. Considering she only got off 26 Mind Blasts, she's also, by default, missing out on at least 4 Devouring Plagues.
    Getting 10 Devouring Plagues in a near-7 minute fight is really bad, especially as sub-20% she'll be getting more Orbs from Deaths. As I said, this number should be AT LEAST 14. Considering she's also getting orbs from Deaths sub-20% and she used 12 (not sure whether this is too little but sounds about right - 6 sets of deaths = 48s). This brings the final number of Devouring Plagues that she should have gotten up to 16.

Secondly, her DoT uptimes. Considering this fight is a multi-dotting fight, her uptimes should be better (as it factors in all DoTs ticking, not just on current target). If it were single target I'd understand her DoT times as they aren't terrible. They could be better, but given that keeping DoTs at 100% uptime isn't top priority anymore, it's OK. It's not brilliant, but it's not a crisis.
    Ideally, she should be aiming for 95%+ on her DoT uptimes.

Now, going onto her Armory/Gear/Talents.

1 missing enchant and missing belt buckle - both should be fixed.

She's a Tailor - should be using Lightweave Embroidery instead of Superior Intellect, missing out on a large amount of potential dps.

Power Infusion (which she used on Stone Guards kill) is sub-optimal. Unless she's doing this out of playstyle preference, both Twist of Fate and Divine Insight (fight dependant, ToF generally better in single target or fights with constant adds where she can gain the buff, Divine Insight more consistent on multi-dotting fights such as Stone Guards) are better to use in any situation.

Glyph of Reflective Shield is useless. Encourages using of shield which in turn wastes globals and surmounts to a DPS loss. Glyph of Mind Flay would be much better.
    Glyph of Dark Binding is a "personal preference" glyph, though Glyph of Vampiric Embrace turns the spell into a very strong raid-wide CD so I'd suggest that she uses that.

REALLY should replace Mogu Rune, even Ghost Iron Dragonling would be better. Hell, go boost her through DS HC, Will of Unbinding HC/Insignia of the Corrupted Mind HC would be better.

Not hit-capped, as far as I can see.

If I had more time available I could go into further details but fixing all the above should allow a sizable DPS increase.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2012-10-30 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Tell her to get this addon called ReforgeLite, put it to simple (not advanced) and select:

Hit (to spell hit cap)
    Haste
    Crit
    Mastery

Press calculate a few times ... that will solve the hitcap.

Also get hit on boots and exp on gloves, you can reforge the leftover stats away to for example haste ... which is worth a lot more.

She also has to practice more on the dummies, you have to keep your dots up 100% of the time on them. If you can do it for 10mil damage on one dummy, go and practice doing two then three.

I'd really recommend Power Aura or Weak aura - you'll probably have to either help her set it up or find someone that has posted there setup. You want something that isn't complicated (maybe organize the priority top down) and have it so it watchs the dots on the target. There are better ways to do this but as she is someone who is just starting out this might be the best way for her to learn.

Its really funny to see people go to "extreme" lengths to help out fellow players, as long as they dont have a penis between their legs.
    Even the vaguest chance of getting some female attention in-game seems to bring out the best in fellow male players.

/Stereotyp thread.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 03:42 PM ----------

Its really funny to see people go to "extreme" lengths to help out fellow players, as long as they dont have a penis between their leggs.
    Even the vaguest chance of getting some female attention in-game seems to bring out the best in fellow male players.

/Stereotyp thread.

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-11-01 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrkjelyd View Post
    Its really funny to see people go to "extreme" lengths to help out fellow players, as long as they dont have a penis between their legs.

/Stereotyp thread.

Its really funny to see people go to "extreme" lengths to help out fellow players, as long as they dont have a penis between their leggs.

/Stereotyp thread.

SIGH

First off we are helping the gm who is of unknown gender better help his shadow priest in raiding. (purpose of this forum) Which helps the other raiders in the group as well.

Second, going to "extreme" lengths to help GM / her, since when was looking at web pages (armory link and world of logs) and using our in game knowledge of the class some god awful task?

Third, who is to say at least one of us isn't a a female or a homosexual? (neither apply to me)

Sure some people do help women over men sometimes if they feel like they will gain sexual gratification afterwards but really how dumb do you have to be to think you can gain that over helping a guild master with a girl in his guild? >.<

OT : All the comments in the thread about the actual subject are great advice and if she does them you should see a drastic improvement in dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrkjelyd View Post

/Stereotyp thread.

/Stereotyp thread.
    Sorry that I like to give back information to help others play the game better and thus (most likely) enjoy it better. No one enjoys being bad at something, so if you could help someone be better and enjoy the game more, why wouldn't you?
    Personally I couldn't give a flying f*** about the gender of the player in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamok View Post
    she swears she is reading all kinds of sites and forums to help herself.
    she is totally lying to you then come on, not even hit capped? that is like the most basic thing for anyone that raids...

and for stat weights and stuff, she can pretty much Google it and icy vein/noxxic will pop up with basic stat help/rotation.

=S
    hello :3