Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The Walking Dead-Video Game by Tell Tale Games

Here's best moment in walking dead. At least for me. Spoiler Warning.

Here is an opening clip to the start of the series. It's not just another zombie's game where you have bad acting with a horrible story line. This game is actually good. I would put the moral choices up there with Bioware's Games and Witcher 2. The choices have a long lasting impact. For example you are given seconds to decide what to do and it affect's how people talk to you or if they even trust you.

I found the artwork to be really good. The combined effect of the chilling music and graphics makes it look like you are watching a movie. There are very gore like situations where a half dead zombie climbing on top of you. You are given seconds to respond. I am sincerely wondering why there wasn't a thread about this. I heard of the TV series but never watched it. I think this is worth a look. Comments, thoughts or feedback on the video?

Walking Dead best Moments Part 3
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-11-25 at 11:02 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're late on this. It's an awesome game.

I've even grown fond of clemmy.

Oh and the latest episode has a shocker ending, poor Lee.

Deleted
    I haven't played it, only watched walkthroughs of it, but I watched everything from the start till the last chapter.

The game is awesome, it's pretty good, choices are good and you can do a lot of stuff. The quick time events are nice too and the story, of course, in my opinion, is pretty damn good.

Deleted
    I really liked it. Only played the first chapter a while ago though. Should install it again to play the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Watch the TV series, it's pretty good. I'm only halfway through the 2nd chapter of this game but I am enjoying it a lot.
    It get's even better the further you advance. For example I was a jerk to Kenny some of the time through the series and it came back to bite me. It's a very unique kind of game. I am eagerly awaiting season 2 which is confirmed. A shame I looked at the company that makes this and it's the first game they made like it but likely will leave season 2 on back burner for other games.

Which is a shame because this is so good. I'll watch walking dead online and see how it ranks up.

I updated it with a video.

I've seen some videos and looks nice, but i'm gonna wait for the christmas steam sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked it up on Steam when they were doing the Halloween sale, for 15 dollars.

I'm not a big fan of the TV show, but I love this game. Can't wait for Ep 5!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it $15 per episode? Seems pretty steep.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You get to download the others for free as and when they are released. It really is a good deal, the story is so good. Especially the part linked in the OP.

For me honestly it costed about 27 dollars. This granted me 5 separate espoides. Including the 5th one that's supposed come out on the 20th at no charge. Each espoide takes about two hours or so to complete. I'm making clips of the best most exciting plot twisting moments in the game. Naturally I started off with this one. The whole entire game is filled with twists. It's worth the money and more. Take a look at the clip and ask a question if you're undeicded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Watch the TV series, it's pretty good. I'm only halfway through the 2nd chapter of this game but I am enjoying it a lot.
    Everyone raves about the story, 5th chapter coming out soon.....must resist.....too many games atm :/

This is a badass "game" and I say game loosely because I never have had to bring myself to this level of thinking for split second choices in any other game before. I think Jerry from Penny Arcade summed it up perfectly so I'll just paste his words-

I realized about half-way through the second episode that I was no longer having what you might call “fun.” There was no enjoyment anymore. The first episode, sure - I was trying to manage a horrible situation, but there was also a clever little rodent running here and there in my skull pulling levers and trying to manipulate outcomes. That stopped almost immediately the second time around. The game also has kids in it, kids all over, and this changes the stakes for a lot of people. I have a daughter, and a son for that matter, and I know what I’m prepared to do to safeguard them. That man is out now, and he’s not going back in. He’s here for the long haul.
    I’m not sure they’re making a game you can win. At best, we’ll can have a say in how we lose, and what’s left of our good intentions when we do.
    Toughest moment without saying too much - The walk in refrigerator in Episode 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No, the whole game is around 25€, I bought it at 18€, I think, it had a discount.

The game is worth buying, it's really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Everyone raves about the story, 5th chapter coming out soon.....must resist.....too many games atm :/
    I have yet to finish chapter 3, not in the mood because I already know what happens till the end of chapter 4. xd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You get to download the others for free as and when they are released. It really is a good deal, the story is so good. Especially the part linked in the OP.
    So I buy one for $15 and the rest are free? brb, buying this game.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

You buy the whole game...it's just released as episodes is all.

Gonna wait to see how cheap it goes on Steam for the Christmas sale.

Tell Tale should do a Duckman game if they can get the voice actors to sign on. Been a huge fan of the Tell Tale games so far (even Jurassic Park to a degree).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    You buy the whole game...it's just released as episodes is all.

Gonna wait to see how cheap it goes on Steam for the Christmas sale.

Tell Tale should do a Duckman game if they can get the voice actors to sign on. Been a huge fan of the Tell Tale games so far (even Jurassic Park to a degree).
    Yeah, I'm not buying anything until holiday sales are over. Be really dumb to buy a game for $15 when it'll be on sale for $5 in a month.

When it comes to adventure games TWD and Botanicula are pretty much my favourites this year. Loved all 4 episodes so far and I'm waiting (im)patiently for the finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    When it comes to adventure games TWD and Botanicula are pretty much my favourites this year. Loved all 4 episodes so far and I'm waiting (im)patiently for the finale.
    I want a Fahrenheit that doesn't go completely batshit insane at the end of the second act.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I haven't played it, only watched walkthroughs of it, but I watched everything from the start till the last chapter.

The game is awesome, it's pretty good, choices are good and you can do a lot of stuff. The quick time events are nice too and the story, of course, in my opinion, is pretty damn good.
    Hope you do right by the developers and buy this from Steam sale now then. It's 50% off and cost basically the same as a movie ticket and you get way more value for your money. Everyone freaking get this game! It's game of the year material even though it obviously won't win anything since small developer games never do...