Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    I'm on a heavily populated PvP server and it's fine.
    You're a damn fucking liar.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is probably one of the few things holding me back from picking up pandaria and resubbing. im really happy to see that the story is actually really good and that is something definately worth checking out, however from what ive gathered theres nothing really thats new, aside from pet battles, monks and pandas. dailies have been a part of the game for a long time, it only appears that theyve simply added A LOT more of them. i loathe dailies, they are, in my opinion, the lowest form of creativity to keep people playing a game. i see the need to have some here and there but it seems, from what ive read, that theyre everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I fail to see how a good design choice is giving you so much free time that the only way you can fill the hours is to have a level 90 of every class instead of giving you enough to do on one character if you so choose.
    For the same reason I don't spend my free time nailing my dick to a wooden plank. I personally have free time. I don't tend to spend it doing things I really don't enjoy.

I agree that Tillers/Cloud Serpent dailies are very manageable and don't really see the point of there being so many damn Golden Lotus dailies. They really need to cut the number in half and make them give 250 rep like many other rep quests.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    Yeah that is. It's the cause and effect? Not very hard to understand. VP gear is tied to rep vendors. Rep is only gotten by doing dailies. Do dailies if you want to use VP? Don't do dailies if you don't want VP gear? Pretty clear concept.

You're also not getting raid gear this expansion by not raiding.
    Not getting honor gear by not doing BGs.
    Not getting conquest gear by not doing RBGs or arenas.
    Not getting flying mounts by not hitting 90.
    Not getting heroic raid gear by not doing heroic raids.

Not getting my point by being too stubborn?
    What if I want to raid but don't want to do dailies, and I'm unlucky with drops in lfr?

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    You're a damn fucking liar.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hierax/simple

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ck/Oreb/simple

There are my two best characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Fixed that for you. Although if we were being realistic, there are plenty of ways to gain 7 ilvl points outside of valor epics.
    Thank you for the fix. Yes I mean as soon as possible. The other ways being buying gear from AH and sha of anger, so 2 other ways. I'm not really that worried about it because my main is not an issue, but my alts won't be seeing HoF any time soon. Basically this xpack gave the middle finger to alts. I am content with how things are, but I do think they could improve a great many things.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    But go ahead and tell me what i do and don't need. The only more patronizing thing than PaPa Blizzard is the community who defines my wants and needs.
    You've got some nerve calling posters out for "telling you what you need", when just half an hour ago in this very thread, you were accusing people who had a very mature and realistic approach to dailies, of "lying about their jobs".

The fact is that running dailies are the only way to gain Reputation with factions. And these factions do have some nice rewards for players who make the effort. Some good quality gear, some cool mounts, and often crafting patterns as well. All these things are desirable, but by no means mandatory.

And why should the path to achieving them, be quick and easy? In the game, just as in life, things that you get for little to no effort, are likely to be worth little to nothing. There's satisfaction to be gained from achieving a goal, after many weeks of plugging away at quests, and many posters in this thread can recognise this, and appreciate it. (And then you have the gall to tell them they've probably never had a job in their life? The irony.)

For the record, I enjoy working on faction Rep. I like that it's not instant gratification. I don't feel any pressure to run all available dailies, every single day, for week after week. And I don't feel that any part of this game is inaccessible to me, as a result of this approach.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I've decided to just give up on regular Golden Lotus and Klaxxi Dailies. I. Just. Don't. Care.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Retribution just feels bad for me to do dailies. I'm just taking so much damage and it's nearly insane how much I need to heal myself. (...) doesn't prevent me from feeling the massive monotony of having to do the exact same dailies in the exact same zone every. single. day. I haven't even reached honored with most of these, only Klaxxi is above honored.
    You give up rather early.

Also I don't get why people write these fcking melodramatic diary-posts about quitting wow and stopping dailies - it's not such a big deal. Do what you like to do, stop talking about wow like it's a job or a wife.

Ontopic (i think): I stopped doing them at reverred, because there's nothing to gain for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    What if I want to raid but don't want to do dailies, and I'm unlucky with drops in lfr?
    PvP, specifically conquest point gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you taking a lot of damage as Retribution? I don't. Keep sacred shield up and don't be afraid to blow defensive and offensive cooldowns. The faster you kill things, the less damage you take. I maintain Sacred Shield, use WoG if necessary (and it isn't often needed) and I blow things up. Generally end a fight with 90% HP.

But I do understand your main point, that these dailies are weary and grindy. Golden Lotus takes so long to gain rep, it's ridiculous. Quests seem to take forever because of mobs with an unnecessarily high amount of HP. Quest drop rates are stupidly low for quests we have to do daily and it really hurts alts who just want a little gear before hitting heroics or some patterns for professions. I have to drag my poor shadow priest through GL for tailoring patterns. It's a pain in the ass some times.
    Putin khuliyo

PvP, specifically conquest point gear.
    But I don't like pvping either. So I have to spend a lot of time doing something I don't want to do, to finally get to do something I do want to do... That's not a great game design.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    this is probably one of the few things holding me back from picking up pandaria and resubbing. im really happy to see that the story is actually really good and that is something definately worth checking out, however from what ive gathered theres nothing really thats new, aside from pet battles, monks and pandas. dailies have been a part of the game for a long time, it only appears that theyve simply added A LOT more of them. i loathe dailies, they are, in my opinion, the lowest form of creativity to keep people playing a game. i see the need to have some here and there but it seems, from what ive read, that theyre everywhere.
    The dailies are actually quite well done. You can only do four regular and one boss daily a day for Shado-Pan, for instance, but there's three seperate questing hubs each with their own constantly changing sets of daily quests. So it's very rare to have to do the same quests two days in a row. You can tell Blizzard spent a lot of time on these dailies. The Klaxxi has 10 different unique buffs that you get to help with the dailies. The Golden Lotus has about 7 - 8 different hubs, you do three a day. Each one, again, has different quests that cycle in and out.

Don't listen to the haters, these dailies are not bad at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 01:06 AM ----------

But I don't like pvping either. So I have to spend a lot of time doing something I don't want to do, to finally get to do something I do want to do... That's not a great game design.
    Well these dailies are amazing and PvP is the best thing in the game so I'm not feeling any sympathy for you, sorry.

The dailies are actually quite well done. You can only do four regular and one boss daily a day for Shado-Pan, for instance, but there's three seperate questing hubs each with their own constantly changing sets of daily quests. So it's very rare to have to do the same quests two days in a row. You can tell Blizzard spent a lot of time on these dailies. The Klaxxi has 10 different unique buffs that you get to help with the dailies. The Golden Lotus has about 7 - 8 different hubs, you do three a day. Each one, again, has different quests that cycle in and out.

Don't listen to the haters, these dailies are not bad at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 01:06 AM ----------

Well these dailies are amazing and PvP is the best thing in the game so I'm not feeling any sympathy for you, sorry.
    Even thought the dailies change, they aren't dynamic. They are just the same dailies you did another day. Once you have done them all a couple times it gets old..l fast. Let's not pretend they are new and exciting every time you do the same ones over and over again. I can do max 2 factions a day without throwing up all over myself.

I think you're not raiding then.

In my experience there's 2 ways to go about raiding:

1. Join a raiding guild. They will take you regardless of your gear. My guild took half it's casters that still were using legendary staves when we went into MSV the first week. Remember, MSV normal is tuned for ilvl 463. This is gear you can get from H dungeons. No dailies are needed.

2. Join a pug. Pugs are dictated by the leader, whom usually looks for experience on fights or gear because your gear can make up for the lack of experience. So they'll set a bar kinda high. LFR gear should be able to reach this, but if you're unlucky there then there's kind of a couple of full-proof methods to get gear:
    2a. Crafted gear. Farm up mats or gold to buy BoEs which will not only raise your ilvl but make you better at your role you choose to play (tanking, dpsing, healing).
    2b. PVP gear. Farm up a set of honor gear. It's even easier since there's nothing to buy with JP. Go into arena. Get 483s, which are better than LFR gear (at least MSV).
    2c. VP gear. Since you're sitting on VP from all the dungeons you ran to get your 463 ilvl, spend it. But to spend it you need to get access to rep vendors. To get access to rep vendors, do daily quests.

All 3 of these steps are not based on luck and you can continue to get absolutely no drops in LFR and gear yourself using these methods. I guess if you don't want to do dailies, don't want to PVP, and don't want to farm up mats or gold to craft the gear, then you don't really want to take the steps to raid in a pug?

In the time it took everyone to write these long-ass posts about dailies, they could've been done their dailies.

I hate the things, too, but goddamn. I just don't do them a day or two in a row if I don't feel like it. When I don't have something else to do, I do them. I'd like to think it's a fairly simple concept.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Thank you for the fix. Yes I mean as soon as possible. The other ways being buying gear from AH and sha of anger, so 2 other ways. I'm not really that worried about it because my main is not an issue, but my alts won't be seeing HoF any time soon. Basically this xpack gave the middle finger to alts. I am content with how things are, but I do think they could improve a great many things.
    Crafted gear, pvp gear, heroic epics, the current LFR are some other ways. This game has never been designed for every one to have an alt and to have that alt the same gear as their main and I've never seen evidence of Blizzard balancing it as such.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    For the same reason I don't spend my free time nailing my dick to a wooden plank. I personally have free time. I don't tend to spend it doing things I really don't enjoy.
    So don't. Where did I tell you that you had to?

Ah, I answered your question in a previous post. But yes, unfortunately raiding isn't something Blizzard has control over. This would be the raid leader's decisions to set these bars too high in your opinion. You should be making a thread or posting in a thread in something like "Raid Leaders are ilvl Nazis!!!" or "Tone Down Your ilvl Requirements, You Damn Raid Leader Mongrels!!!"

Unfortunately all your problems with the game seem based around the social aspect of the game, which is not something Blizzard has control over at all.

Yes dailies suck balls but in reality just get them done and out of the way for the rest of the expansion.

It takes ~ 1.5 hours to do all dailies (serpent/anglers/GL/Shadow-Pan/Celestials/Klaxxi). Closer to an hour if you have a few others in your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Some people just don't have the time to fuck around playing a game for 4 weeks before they get to play the game.

Dailies are fine; but only in moderation. Not a chore to be repetively done every day.
    Ppl cleared MV in the first few days and then heroics early the next week. So how much the gear is needed is put into perspective by your and the skill of the ppl you play with. If you can't raid in greens, blues and crafted epics then you are stuck doing dailies, LFR or whatever else until you can.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 06:21 PM ----------

Run 5 man heroics, 463 gear is more then enough to start raiding. If it isn't enough for you then you are stuck doing quests or buying gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."