Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I never even started. They collect data on all this stuff, if they find out a large portion of the playerbase isn't doing dailies, something will get changed.
    Blue text indicates sarcasm or joking.

Damn, I actually read all of that, fml. That just goes to show how interesting WoW is for me right now.

But I do agree with you. I don't really have a problem with having to do the dailies for the rep and the gear, but the fact that doing them feels like the only justifiable reason to log on makes me not want to play. I miss logging on and having something to do that was not gear related.

I haven't logged on all day and I still don't want to. But taking a few days off always works. I think you should just take some time off from WoW and let that excitement that always pulls us back build up again.

Pit Lord
    Weird, I never realy cared about daily quests (Got to revered with Golden Lotus yesterday, and exalted with The Tillers not so long ago.), and yet I found a 25man raiding guild, on a new the new server I transfered to. And I got raid ready geared from just doing the HCs.

So don't come with the bullshit that you "need" to do daily quests to get gear so you can raid >.< just have a freaking brain and you'll manage

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Unsub. tell them why you unsubbed. wait for them to get their heads out of their asses. resub. It wont take long at this rate I promise you.

Or

Accept daily quests for all of MoP and likely into the next expansion as well.

The "choice" is yours. I'd rather not have this entire expansion turn into cataclysm 2.0. So I'm out until they fix this BS.
    As you keep reminding us. Please take your QQ to the official forums where they will actually read it

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Just because you can do them every day, doesn't mean you should.
    So, if that's the main activity for a player, you saying, "don't like it, unsub"?

Because this "you don't need to do them" rah rahs are basically telling folks to leave.

Players usually did these dailies for gearing out alts. When the mains get tied up in them..."Houston, we have a problem...".

It's a repeat of the Cata opening mistake. Gating that hard at the beginning turns players off, and the result was the largest loss of subscriptions in the game, with another off the cuff reference to "l2p".

Arrogance does not help.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I know there isn't much to discuss on this matter, but maybe the community can give me some advice on how to cope with this. i've played this game since 2008 now, and i've never had such apathy about it until now.
    You seem to be coping quite well on your own.

If anything, it sounds that you are slowly finding your way out of the game for good. Phasing-out sort of.

Dailies aren't a bad thing overall, MoP just has to many of them and made them to important. Some are better than the others because there are less of those or they're different from the other dailies. Lotus is the worst imo because the design of the dailies are all the same: Kill 12 mogu, now kill 12 mogu but in another part of the zone, now kill 12 mogu spirits.. wow, that makes it so different. I enjoy the Celestials because they are every day in a different zone, if not, the quests are different from eachother, wich makes them more enjoyable. Blizzard made the important of dailies to big, because now you need them for upgrades for raiding, or to get that one mount.
    imo Blizzard should put more variety in the design of the dailies and make them mid-important, so that not everyone 'has' to do them to get better gear/items. Not saying we should have tabards again wich will make it a boring everyone-can-reach-Exalted dungeon farm, but make raids give them Reputation for it, so that 1 run a week will help atleast raiders get that 1000+ rep a week.

I'm happy that my gaming-pc broke down so I have a reason to quit all those dailies and probably unsub.
    Don't expect others to be happy with you if you aren't happy with yourself.

I'm not a huge fan of dailies or quests in general. I'm not one of those people to read a quest and get into the lore. I read what I need to complete it and move on to the next. Since the beginning my strategy has been the same. I've been tackling factions in segments in order to get what I want. Since the beginning I did Tillers and Golden Lotus. Once I hit Rev with Golden Lotus I switched over to Cloud Serpent. Once Tillers hit exalted I started doing August Celestial. Cloud Serpent hit exalted and I've started doing Shado Pan. Currently I've prioritized my reps based on the gear, mounts, or patterns that I want. Order of importance for me currently is August Celestial, Shado Pan, and Klaxxi.

To sum up all of the above pace your self and do the ones you like. If you decide you want to do the others when your done with a certain faction fine and if not thats your choice. I wouldn't bank on Blizzard making a drastic change to rep grinding so do what you want to do since you're paying $15 a month to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of dailies or quests in general. I'm not one of those people to read a quest and get into the lore. I
    As if there is any lore behind the dailies...

What lore can there be behind a quest that involves collecting dragon-poop, or about that quest where you blow up the cannons... the NPC claims they're annoying, and that's the reason you're supposed to get rid of them. I mean, really? They didn't even try to find some cheesy excuse.

The only reason I'm hanging around WoW right now is because of the time I spent in the past, the hope I have for it becoming good again, and simply because I don't have any other MMORPG to play (if you have a suggestion on that department, please share it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Why they think dailies are 'good' content is beyond me. It's nice to have them there as an option, maybe reward more gold per quest and give rep/tokens for mounts but not for VP gear. I consider it the worst aspect of MoP by far at this point.

Good story bro...

Now onto mine, I haven't even touched Tillers or Anglers, and I should have gotten exalted with the order almost one or two weeks ago, after hitting Revered w/ the Klaxxi I didn't touch any of their dailies. Lotus dailies were the only ones I've tried not to miss and I do them 4 times a week.

Play the game, don't let it play you...

Quote Originally Posted by KachynaEU View Post
    People whine too much.. if you don't like the daillies why do you go on doing them? you can raid mogushan vaults in greens, and you can get gear there as well. I felt i needed to do those daillies, i completed some selected factions to revered and it was enough for me. I couldn't bother with cloud serpent order nor the anglers so I skipped them. I sure like the mounts, but I will have time to get all those factions to exalted. I decide my own pace...

Sure hope thats true if i decide to seriously play warcraft again with a shiny new account, there is not much chance of me grinding dailies so i can raid.

Id rather play up until 90 then quit or re roll and repeat leveling.

Funny how people are unsubbing over some epics that are absolutely not mandatory to enjoy the game.

Personaly i think dailies were brought in as an idea in vanilla, so people could get gold easier, nothing wrong in that as such, since i imagine in vanilla there would of been a lot of people who did all the quests in game .. and then when they were done they were done. SO that income of money was then gone.

With the huge amounts of quests in game avaiable and the speed of leveling , i would think it would be cool if blizzard actually made it alot more viable to go back and do low quests, like why add new dailies in game, you could surely wear a tabard and just do some normal quests can gain rep for any desired faction.
    I dont see how this could be a bad thing.
    The tol borad dailies i manged in cata for a nice trink for my healer , but i didnt realy enjoy them, although i did join tol borad a couple of times and have pvp fun.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 11:20 PM ----------

that would also put life back in the world,

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Good story bro...

Now onto mine, I haven't even touched Tillers or Anglers, and I should have gotten exalted with the order almost one or two weeks ago, after hitting Revered w/ the Klaxxi I didn't touch any of their dailies. Lotus dailies were the only ones I've tried not to miss and I do them 4 times a week.

Play the game, don't let it play you...
    I'm totally agree with you, but I need to add that op has some point in there, it's the whole "lazy ass blizzard" again with standard solutions for everyone. again, i'm with you anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    FFVII is the NIRVANA of the RPGs, i mean the band of course. WAAAAY TOO OVERRATED. waay too.

You're not doing the exact same dailies in the exact same location every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I never even started. They collect data on all this stuff, if they find out a large portion of the playerbase isn't doing dailies, something will get changed.
    Since you have to do them, most players do them even though they hate them. Blizz will look at their numbers and see lots of people doing them and point to that as a success. What's needed is a little checkbox next to the complete quest button where you can select 'I enjoyed this' or 'I hated myself for doing this but I have no choice'. Only then would the relevant data be collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcare View Post
    Personaly i think dailies were brought in as an idea in vanilla, so people could get gold easier, nothing wrong in that as such, since i imagine in vanilla there would of been a lot of people who did all the quests in game .. and then when they were done they were done. SO that income of money was then gone.

With the huge amounts of quests in game avaiable and the speed of leveling , i would think it would be cool if blizzard actually made it alot more viable to go back and do low quests, like why add new dailies in game, you could surely wear a tabard and just do some normal quests can gain rep for any desired faction.
    I dont see how this could be a bad thing.
    The tol borad dailies i manged in cata for a nice trink for my healer , but i didnt realy enjoy them, although i did join tol borad a couple of times and have pvp fun.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 11:20 PM ----------

that would also put life back in the world,
    Weren't dailies first introduced in TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Weren't dailies first introduced in TBC?
    Yes but they really played a minor roll. I double dipped dungeons for rep and gear in TBC as well. In fact that was implemented before daily quests IIRC. It was one of the many many progressive changes they made in TBC that made the expansion such a huge game changer.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.