Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To be honest, I haven't touched any of the dailies.
    I've done enough dailies throughout the expansions, I can't bring myself to do them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    It's people like you who make Blizzard think they can get away with turning their game into World of Daily Quest.
    Molten Front dailies really weren't interesting either to be perfectly blunt. I mean I did them, I forced myself to do it on one toon because I wanted to see the story through. Not only were the dailies themselves more mindless and mind numbing repetition with no variety in mechanics the ending really fucking sucked. It was totally underwhelming for all that shit I put in.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You can't actually believe this. The quests are virtually all collect this and kill that. They lack any variety, they lack any interesting mechanics and to be honest repeating the same quest over and over again is not only BAD story telling it's really immersion breaking. Add this to the fact that you end up having so many to do and each one gives so little rep they are literally the most tedious and poorly designed dailies I've ever had the displeasure of doing. These dailies are a really just an extension of the 85-90 questing process (which was boring in and of itself) but they have the added unpleasantness of repeating the same story over and over again. They're not different, they're not interesting. In fact really they are designed to just get over and done with asap. Blizzard I think more or less gets that people hate this bullshit but the dailies that are all tied to gear (i.E the ones people do) are the most boring and bland things ever. Dailies have NEVER been interesting content but these dailies are the worst. Golden Lotus is probably the worst sinner out of all of these but cmooon you can't actually believe they present you with any interesting mechanics.

Oddly enough he most pleasant dailes to do were the cloud serpent ones and it's ALL because they were limited to a handful and gave you so much reward for doing them. Seriously you got like 500 rep it was insane. I did those ones as a PLEASURE because they gave you so much rep for each turn in.
    There are a few dailies that are fun and different. But yes it will always be about kill X amount of Y mob.
    For example the one where you have to roll over the wall and finish the course with obstacles and speed boosts. Or where you have to control a big mob and kill other mobs. Or throwing fuel on mobs from the wall and light them on fire. Different dailies like where you have to survive 90 seconds or whatever while pandas throw fireworks at you (not that I enjoy doing that one but it is different). I also like the fact they change every day and also change the more rep you get.

I don't know how you want to make them more interesting. I mean, MMO's have always been about killing mobs or collecting stuff. If you have been playing WoW for a few years then everything becomes boring. To remove all reputation requirements only makes it more boring. Giving rep tabards makes doing dungeons also boring especially now since heroics are basically normal level 90 dungeons.

Questing from 85-90 wasn't boring to me. The last quests of every zone were quite enjoyable and we got plenty of cinematics and also some variety. The quest for example where you do training and have to punch through wood etc. Or the quest where you play as other characters in Jade Forest with the cat lady etc.

I prefer these dailies over spamming LFD and other people don't. Deal with it. I did hundreds of heroics during WotLK while I didn't enjoy doing them. They already nerfed rep requirements and alts will get a good boost. I am already revered with every faction that unlocks valor gear and I still have to wait months to actually get the valor to buy them. In the meanwhile after doing one normal MSV raid I got two items that can replace those valor rewards.
    If you don't like doing them then don't do them. If you think this is enough to quit playing then you obviously are bored with WoW completely and maybe playing another game for a while is a smart thing to do.

p.s. Shado-pan and Celestial are also just a handful and give more reward. The only one that is long is Golden Lotus and Klaxxi is also quite doable (was the first one I got revered with). Once you have done Golden Lotus it's really not that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    There are a few dailies that are fun and different. But yes it will always be about kill X amount of Y mob.
    For example the one where you have to roll over the wall and finish the course with obstacles and speed boosts. Or where you have to control a big mob and kill other mobs. Or throwing fuel on mobs from the wall and light them on fire. Different dailies like where you have to survive 90 seconds or whatever while pandas throw fireworks at you (not that I enjoy doing that one but it is different). I also like the fact they change every day and also change the more rep you get.

I don't know how you want to make them more interesting. I mean, MMO's have always been about killing mobs or collecting stuff. If you have been playing WoW for a few years then everything becomes boring. To remove all reputation requirements only makes it more boring. Giving rep tabards makes doing dungeons also boring especially now since heroics are basically normal level 90 dungeons.

Questing from 85-90 wasn't boring to me. The last quests of every zone were quite enjoyable and we got plenty of cinematics and also some variety. The quest for example where you do training and have to punch through wood etc. Or the quest where you play as other characters in Jade Forest with the cat lady etc.

I prefer these dailies over spamming LFD and other people don't. Deal with it. I did hundreds of heroics during WotLK while I didn't enjoy doing them. They already nerfed rep requirements and alts will get a good boost. I am already revered with every faction that unlocks valor gear and I still have to wait months to actually get the valor to buy them. In the meanwhile after doing one normal MSV raid I got two items that can replace those valor rewards.
    If you don't like doing them then don't do them. If you think this is enough to quit playing then you obviously are bored with WoW completely and maybe playing another game for a while is a smart thing to do.

p.s. Shado-pan and Celestial are also just a handful and give more reward. The only one that is long is Golden Lotus and Klaxxi is also quite doable (was the first one I got revered with). Once you have done Golden Lotus it's really not that bad.

Excuse me why does it have to always be about kill x or collect y? I mean if you people actually enjoy daily content then you wouldn't want that. Blizzard however is smart enough to recognize that dailies are perhaps the least interesting content (and cheapest/easiest to produce) they could come up with so they naturally just make it that they are all the easiest fucking things in the universe that don't require a second of thought. Changing between the same fuckign dailies every day only stretches them out till you do them the second time around. That immediately kills their story value unless you enjoy watching reruns.

I mean were honestly having this conversation? I lvld 5 toons in cataclysm why? Well in part because questing was much more varied mechanic wise in cataclysm. Theirs is very little variety in what happens in MoP questing and the only really interesting quest I can remember was the snip mission with the orc chick. Virtually every other mission was some variation of kill or collect.

The rest of what you said is just to much of a headache to go through. Enjoy your dailies, nobody cares. I just don't understand why your enjoyment has to come at the expense of mine.

Dailies fucking suck and will always fucking suck and these dailies suck the most. DEAL WITH IT.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Excuse me why does it have to always be about kill x or collect y? I mean if you people actually enjoy daily content then you wouldn't want that. Blizzard however is smart enough to recognize that dailies are perhaps the least interesting content (and cheapest/easiest to produce) they could come up with so they naturally just make it that they are all the easiest fucking things in the universe that don't require a second of thought. Changing between the same fuckign dailies every day only stretches them out till you do them the second time around. That immediately kills their story value unless you enjoy watching reruns.

I mean were honestly having this conversation? I lvld 5 toons in cataclysm why? Well in part because questing was much more varied mechanic wise in cataclysm. Theirs is very little variety in what happens in MoP questing and the only really interesting quest I can remember was the snip mission with the orc chick. Virtually every other mission was some variation of kill or collect.

The rest of what you said is just to much of a headache to go through. Enjoy your dailies, nobody cares. I just don't understand why your enjoyment has to come at the expense of mine.

Dailies fucking suck and will always fucking suck and these dailies suck the most. DEAL WITH IT.
    As long as I enjoy myself. I really don't give a crap about your enjoyment. That better? Now go be unsubbed and keep being frustrated about dailies.

When they introduced vehicles people still complained. Why don't you come up with something good then instead of whining 24/7 about a game you don't play.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-11-05 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I enjoy myself. I really don't give a crap about your enjoyment. That better? Now go be unsubbed and keep being frustrated about dailies.

When they introduced vehicles people still complained. Why don't you come up with something good then instead of whining 24/7 about a game you don't play.
    That's good. I like that you like your style of play. Let's time travel a little bit back to when heroic dungeons were hard. Remember those days? Well someone people didn't like it very much. Others loved it. Instead of finding a middle ground they argued back and forth and fought. What should have happened and what I hope happens is that the people who like dailies will very much consent to finding a middle ground and ADVOCATE the case for the people who don't. So that daileis can remain untouched and in their current form. I want you to be happy with the game and how you play it. Why can't anyone in favor of dailies also be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding? Why must it be all for ourselves and nothing for other people..
    The hammer comes down:

That's good. I like that you like your style of play. Let's time travel a little bit back to when heroic dungeons were hard. Remember those days? Well someone people didn't like it very much. Others loved it. Instead of finding a middle ground they argued back and forth and fought. What should have happened and what I hope happens is that the people who like dailies will very much consent to finding a middle ground and ADVOCATE the case for the people who don't. So that daileis can remain untouched and in their current form. I want you to be happy with the game and how you play it. Why can't anyone in favor of dailies also be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding? Why must it be all for ourselves and nothing for other people..
    Like I always enjoyed everything in WoW. Why didn't they change things when I didn't like them? I came up with pretty good ideas but apparently when you change anything that someone else likes all you get is flames.

You still didn't come up with a solution. You are basically asking me if I can find one but why would I? Instead of complaining over and over how bad the dailies are come up with a GOOD solution then. And don't come with reputation tabards because those were just bad, they didn't add any enjoyment to the game.
    It is also very unlikely they will change things dramatically any time soon. They even already gave people who don't like dailies some love by nerfing the rep requirement.

I would be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding but most of these threads are only people complaining and nothing constructive. I don't know why you expect me to be construtive and find a middle ground when you don't do that either. The only thing you say is "dailies suck", "this, this and this is bad". Oke thanks for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I always enjoyed everything in WoW. Why didn't they change things when I didn't like them? I came up with pretty good ideas but apparently when you change anything that someone else likes all you get is flames.

You still didn't come up with a solution. You are basically asking me if I can find one but why would I? Instead of complaining over and over how bad the dailies are come up with a GOOD solution then. And don't come with reputation tabards because those were just bad, they didn't add any enjoyment to the game.
    It is also very unlikely they will change things dramatically any time soon. They even already gave people who don't like dailies some love by nerfing the rep requirement.

I would be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding but most of these threads are only people complaining and nothing constructive. I don't know why you expect me to be construtive and find a middle ground when you don't do that either. The only thing you say is "dailies suck", "this, this and this is bad". Oke thanks for your input.
    I've had plenty of solutions but nobody bothers to actually read them. Their are two things that I am currently calling for that are sooooooooo fucking simple and wouldn't harm your daily playstyle at all as far as I can tell.

1. Return the valor per week bonus back to 7 times a week as opposed to once a day now
    2. Remove the valor requirement from the gear

Removing the valor requirement doesn't make dailies all that less rewarding because they currrently are still really rewarding and most of you are honored or revered already if you actually like dailies anyway. Theirs ALOT of other shit I'd like but I recognize it's probably way off base and never gonna happen unless we see to many subs bleed. The two above suggestions I feel are wholly moderate. As for fixing dailies I'm not sure you can. If you give quests mechanics then people wll complain they can't finish them fast enough to get it over with because *shock* dailies suck and few people would touch them if it wasn't for the reward. If you keep them as is then they stay boring as piss and really add no variety or nothing special to the game.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    You can't actually believe this. The quests are virtually all collect this and kill that. They lack any variety, they lack any interesting mechanics and to be honest repeating the same quest over and over again is not only BAD story telling it's really immersion breaking. Add this to the fact that you end up having so many to do and each one gives so little rep they are literally the most tedious and poorly designed dailies I've ever had the displeasure of doing. These dailies are a really just an extension of the 85-90 questing process (which was boring in and of itself) but they have the added unpleasantness of repeating the same story over and over again. They're not different, they're not interesting. In fact really they are designed to just get over and done with asap. Blizzard I think more or less gets that people hate this bullshit but the dailies that are all tied to gear (i.E the ones people do) are the most boring and bland things ever. Dailies have NEVER been interesting content but these dailies are the worst. Golden Lotus is probably the worst sinner out of all of these but cmooon you can't actually believe they present you with any interesting mechanics.

Oddly enough he most pleasant dailes to do were the cloud serpent ones and it's ALL because they were limited to a handful and gave you so much reward for doing them. Seriously you got like 500 rep per quest it was insane. I did those ones as a PLEASURE because they gave you so much rep for each turn in.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 09:34 AM ----------

They weren't. Rep grinding in vanilla was done primarliy by grinding mobs for drops that you would turn in for items. I still have nightmares about farming Timbermaw Headresses..... the horror... the horror... your an errant timbermaw sent to collect a grocery bill...
    I guess you probably don't like questing in general.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    It's people like you who make Blizzard think they can get away with turning their game into World of Daily Quest.
    I'm actually someone who hates the mere concept of dailies, because it's bound to get repetitive and boring, but I really liked the Molten Front area and the ones in MoP. If you don't like it don't do it. I certainly hope, that they'll keep implementing daily questing areas like the ones in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I guess you probably don't like questing in general.

I'm actually someone who hates the mere concept of dailies, because it's bound to get repetitive and boring, but I really liked the Molten Front area and the ones in MoP. If you don't like it don't do it. I certainly hope, that they'll keep implementing daily questing areas like the ones in MoP.
    It depends how their implemented. Look the quests in swtor for example were also limited in variety almost as bad as mists but I liked the story so I kept going. I don't particularly like the story in mists so that's not really appropriate. I quested my face off in cata in part because well the mechanics were varied. It made it less mind numbing. I rescued cub bears up a tree, I tamed a sea horse, I kicked turtles into the water, I harpooned a shark and that's just off the top of my head. The ONLY interesting quest I encountered in mists was that sniping mission with the orc lady.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a mount lover.... But these dailies in Panda are worse then tournament dailies in WOTLK.... After Tournament dailies i always told myself not to be so crazy anymore (did dailies on 5 toons back then for pets). Now they removed Daily cap... I feel like i spend 4 hours a day doing dailies when i get home from work. After my dailies I go to bed lol... I am having a hard time raiding + dailies

Deleted
    It depends how their implemented. Look the quests in swtor for example were also limited in variety almost as bad as mists but I liked the story so I kept going. I don't particularly like the story in mists so that's not really appropriate. I quested my face off in cata in part because well the mechanics were varied. It made it less mind numbing. I rescued cub bears up a tree, I tamed a sea horse, I kicked turtles into the water, I harpooned a shark and that's just off the top of my head. The ONLY interesting quest I encountered in mists was that sniping mission with the orc lady.
    In mists the mechanics are just as varied. It's not all fetch and kill quests.

I wouldn't mind if they took a bit of inspiration from SWTOR in that regard. Specific class quests, voice overs, etc. But what you're doing in that game is still basicly the same. Kill quests, fetch quests. In SWTOR, at some point it felt as if you were just constantly going to random factories to kill droids.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on all but a single cooking daily (the one that gives the token) 2 weeks ago. As it was stated many times by many people before - MoP is for jobless people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    In mists the mechanics are just as varied. It's not all fetch and kill quests.

I wouldn't mind if they took a bit of inspiration from SWTOR in that regard. Specific class quests, voice overs, etc. But what you're doing in that game is still basicly the same. Kill quests, fetch quests. In SWTOR, at some point it felt as if you were just constantly going to random factories to kill droids.
    No not even remotely close. It's night and day honestly. Cataclysm had so much more variety in what it did than in mists. Literally 95% of the mists quests were kill and collect. Their was so little variety. I had a couple of flying quests and the one quest to snip the people on top of the mountain. That was it. Go back and do zones in cata and look at the variety again. I tamed a fucking sea horse in cataclysm ffs. I chased bear cubs up a tree and threw them onto trampolines to rescue them. That level of variety wasn't to be found in mists. Well at least in so far as I quested.
    The hammer comes down:

I've had plenty of solutions but nobody bothers to actually read them. Their are two things that I am currently calling for that are sooooooooo fucking simple and wouldn't harm your daily playstyle at all as far as I can tell.

1. Return the valor per week bonus back to 7 times a week as opposed to once a day now
    2. Remove the valor requirement from the gear

Removing the valor requirement doesn't make dailies all that less rewarding because they currrently are still really rewarding and most of you are honored or revered already if you actually like dailies anyway. Theirs ALOT of other shit I'd like but I recognize it's probably way off base and never gonna happen unless we see to many subs bleed. The two above suggestions I feel are wholly moderate. As for fixing dailies I'm not sure you can. If you give quests mechanics then people wll complain they can't finish them fast enough to get it over with because *shock* dailies suck and few people would touch them if it wasn't for the reward. If you keep them as is then they stay boring as piss and really add no variety or nothing special to the game.
    How does giving you more valor or decreasing the amount of valor you need help? You still need the reputation to unlock them. They already increased or are going to increase the amount of valor you get from dungeons and scenarios.

What I agree on is that there could be another way to get reputation. You can grind mobs for Klaxxi and Golden Lotus reputation but that's not very efficient. Maybe dungeon dailies that give you reputation? That way they can limit it unlike tabards in the past and it still has some fun aspect.

Removing reputation requirements all together for valor gear is just bad. It's just as boring, doesn't add anything to the game at all. There should be some grind(s) to upgrade your gear/character otherwise you are just sitting in a city again doing nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:49 AM ----------

No not even remotely close. It's night and day honestly. Cataclysm had so much more variety in what it did than in mists. Literally 95% of the mists quests were kill and collect. Their was so little variety. I had a couple of flying quests and the one quest to snip the people on top of the mountain. That was it. Go back and do zones in cata and look at the variety again. I tamed a fucking sea horse in cataclysm ffs. I chased bear cubs up a tree and threw them onto trampolines to rescue them. That level of variety wasn't to be found in mists. Well at least in so far as I quested.
    I didn't experience it like that at all. Cataclysm is just as full with collect/kill quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I shouldn't have to do stuff that I don't want to do.
    Really?! You shouldn't do what you don't want to? Are you freaking serious?! I'm sure none of us wants to go to work, yet we have to. None of us wants to go to a hospital for any kind of reason, yet we all have to. None of us wants to pay high prices on fuel, yet we all have to. I mean, I could go on but you get my point!
    That right there is the worst argument I have ever heard. And it's the reason why Blizzard made this game too casual. "I don't WANT to invest some of my time to actually farm my gear!!! I want it all handed to me by doing 10 min LFG runs!" is basically what you are saying.

On the other side, if there were no dailies people would go around saying "Oh, I'm playing for a week and I've done all there is... I don't want to raid or PvP or whatnot"....

Quote Originally Posted by Oray View Post
    I gave up on all but a single cooking daily (the one that gives the token) 2 weeks ago. As it was stated many times by many people before - MoP is for jobless people.
    I have a job.

Thank you for you opinion on dailies. I don't share it though.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the daily quests terrible, and well in fact always have (even the ones during TBC). I'm a healer, my killing speed is nonexistent. The problem I have with them is that there are way too many with poor drop rates. I thought Blizzard had moved away from those but now they're back full force, and they're annoying. Furthermore Golden Lotus is really by far the worst. The quests are annoying, and you get very little rep. But I get through them, sometimes when I really don't feel like them I skip them but I can't understand how Blizzard thinks this is compelling gameplay.

Deleted
    How far are you then?