Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

I'm giving up...

I'm writing this in complete apathy, because at this time, that's the only emotion or feeling or lack thereof that i can bring up for this subject. so please don't take this as a rant or a rage, but as the final stage of the Kübler-Ross modeling of grief, becauses that's the only way i've intended this.

I've decided to just give up on regular Golden Lotus and Klaxxi Dailies. I don't care that I'm giving up valor gear. I don't care that I'm missing rep and gold. I don't care that it means missing out on high-end enchants and mounts. I. Just. Don't. Care.

There. I've said it. I shouldn't have to do stuff that I don't want to do. I don't need valor gear to progress in LFR. I can easily get 470 from LFR gear. I don't do raids in guild connection, so I don't have to worry about holding my guild back (in fact, it's often the exact reverse, with a resto druid that's OOMing constantly and a shadowpriest that does low DPS.). I can easily pug my raids, especially since the LFR tactics are somewhat close to normal tactics now.

I've tried doing the dailies, I have. I've tried them in both ret and prot. Retribution just feels bad for me to do dailies. I'm just taking so much damage and it's nearly insane how much I need to heal myself. At least in protection, I'm hardly taking any damage and keeping myself straight, even with a dozen mobs on me. I don't need to avoid bad shit, I don't need to interrupt (except heals) and shit dies just as fast. But even doing dailies in protection doesn't prevent me from feeling the massive monotony of having to do the exact same dailies in the exact same zone every. single. day. I haven't even reached honored with most of these, only Klaxxi is above honored.

I know that August Celestials and Shado-pan dailies may break the monotomy, but that would require me to do 3 weeks of Lotus dailies first. I just can't bring myself to do that.

to contrast with that, I am doing the tillers and cloud serpent dailies. I just like those more. Tillers, i can do 3 dailies worth of rep a day just by farming. the regular dailies themselves are just "kill shit" quests, and there are only 3 of them. same with the cloud serpent dailies. I don't do the profession dailies because they just don't appeal to me. but the normal quests, like the spider/island/monkeys, those I can do.

but Klaxxi dailies? those don't appeal to me. i've done the northeast ones and the southwest ones, and neither ones I like. again, if i'm doing stuff that I don't like, it's not a game for me anymore. I like dungeons. I like raids. I don't like repetitive quests that don't have any meaningful effect on the zone or on my progression. and I don't like being forced to do things that i just don't think are fun.

the same with golden lotus. i've done mistfall village and the lake pagoda, and I didn't like them both. even worse, they require me to first do the same gate where the same mogu are invading every. single. day. it's like those pandaren are lazy and not doing anything with the advantages we gave them. at least tol barad dailies had different cell blocks. at least molten front dailies had different mobs to kill every day. at least argent tournament dailies didn't send us to kill scourge every day, following up with either vrykul or storm peak dailies. because that's what it feels like. we're killing the same mobs every day with no discernable reason or rhyme, just so the pandaren can send up somewhere else to, who knew, kill more mogu!

I've simply stopped doing the stuff I don't like. I wasn't already doing them more than 2 or 3 times per week, and i will be doing them even less regularly. I'm not going to whine on the forums for change. Enough people already are doing that. Either Blizzard will add alternative ways to get rep and gear, in which case i'll likely do that instead. or they don't change it, in which case nothing happens for me and it's unlikely that will change. either way, I don't know what i'll do, and honestly, i don't care.

this is not an "i'm quitting" post yet. i've said that i'd quit once before and I came back. this time i'm not even unsubbing yet, although i don't really know why i should remain subbed, if one of the major parts is not to my liking. maybe i've just burned out on WoW after a month of playing nearly every day without change. i've had moments like that before. maybe I just need to have some diversion from WoW.

I know there isn't much to discuss on this matter, but maybe the community can give me some advice on how to cope with this. i've played this game since 2008 now, and i've never had such apathy about it until now.

Deleted
    a feeling quite a lot of people seam to be sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsub. tell them why you unsubbed. wait for them to get their heads out of their asses. resub. It wont take long at this rate I promise you.

Or

Accept daily quests for all of MoP and likely into the next expansion as well.

The "choice" is yours. I'd rather not have this entire expansion turn into cataclysm 2.0. So I'm out until they fix this BS.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-29 at 10:52 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    tldr - but what about the awesome mounts you get?!

honestly i dont know what the big deal is. the reputation grinds are a joke now in terms of the time it takes to get exalted. two weeks gets you cloud serpent, three weeks gets you golden lotus etc. the only ones i have left to do are shado-pan and the august celestials and im half way through revered on both.

if you dont want to do them, dont do them. the way i see it, i could care less about the valor items at the end of the road, its those unique mounts ill be cruising around on. /shrug to each his own.
    Last edited by CoolHwip46; 2012-10-29 at 10:49 PM.

I feel you bro. I just focused on Tillers and Cloud Serpent for a while and now I'm working through the GL and Klaxxi (really slowly on Klaxxi). I think you need to just be ok with it. You're correct in that they don't need to be done. I suppose if you were a hardcore of hardcore and were competing for world firsts, it would be different, but as long as you're cool with not being #1, then just chill and do them whenever you feel like it.

Is he quitting or something? TL;DR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Unsub. tell them why you unsubbed. wait for them to get their heads out of their asses. resub. I wont take long at this rate I promise you.
    So here is what i dont understand because in another thread you wrote
    I have and I'm no longer subbed
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post18916336

So basically you're lying but is it in this thread or the other one?

OP
    For someone who doesn't care you sure did write a long post...

Don't like them? Don't do them. You don't have to do them as you even write in your own post so why this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    So here is what i dont understand because in another thread you wrote

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post18916336

So basically you're lying but is it in this thread or the other one?
    How does that make me a liar? I am no longer subbed and I'm advising the op to do the same if he want's to see change happen.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    Is he quitting or something? TL;DR
    Too bad he actually had a relevant post that was well formulated and not whiny. Sometimes you should actually read things instead of trying to look cool by posting a generic sarcastic response to a valid thread.

I applaud the OP for not caving into the pressure to do every available daily every single day - it's something I wish I could do myself.

Deleted
    How does that make me a liar? I am no longer subbed and I'm advising the op to do the same if he want's to see change happen.
    In this thread you encourage OP to quit and say you wont last long at this rate yet in another thread you claim to have unsubbed. Do you not see the contradiction here?

I liked the part where 2/6 posters didn't bother reading. Sure was a long and difficult read.

Good for you, not doing what you don't enjoy doing. What a novel concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I've simply stopped doing the stuff I don't like.
    Well, that's the point, isn't it? You don't have to do dailies if you don't like them. It's really no biggie. Just do stuff you enjoy. You've said it yourself: You're not in a cutting edge min-maxing guild or something like that. You're not forced to do dailies and get the best gear that you can get your hands on as quickly as possible. You can take your time with things.

Have fun with the things that you actually like to do. Do a dungeon here, a bit of PvP there, sprinkle in a scenario or two, try archaeology - I've found that it's quite relaxing to enjoy and re-discover the beautiful landscape in Pandaria while flying around and digging and grabbing the occasional rare mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure what your point is. Hell you seem to be counter your own complaint.

This seems to be "i can't be arsed to do this many dailies" complaint. But you proceed to say that you don't need to do the dailies or their valor gear because you can gear in LFR and you can pug normal raids.

So, what's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    In this thread you encourage OP to quit and say you wont last long at this rate yet in another thread you claim to have unsubbed. Do you not see the contradiction here?
    Whoops hahaha that should read "It won't take them long I promise" My mistake I'll go fix it now
    The hammer comes down:

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    last I checked, no one is forcing anyone to do dailies. Do them, or don't-the choice is yours. QQ'ing about it is a waste of time, you should be out doing dailies.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

oh look , more wrath babies crying about dailies

you aren't forced to do dailies .. get over it

Deleted
    Whoops hahaha that should read "It won't take them long I promise" My mistake I'll go fix it now
    Fair enough

The only reason I still do dailies is because I want those rep bars to be filled to 999/1000. Can't see myself doing them after I got there though. Maybe for the achievements, or when I run out of lesser charms in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    you aren't forced to do dailies .. get over it
    If you can find me another way to get to exalted, I'll agree. But for now we're "forced" since there isn't..

What is actually annoying is that Blizzard created a way that makes a lot of players feel that they have to play every day to get the max out of their character. And with the dailies taking easily two hours, more if you also decide to do Nat Pagle rep, there is no way you can also grind those on alts. Before MoP came out I wanted to keep 11 chars at 90 and keep them all semi-geared for whenever the need was there. But because of the dailies I don't even have a second character at level 90 and I won't have that before the next expansion at this rate.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-10-29 at 10:58 PM.

You know you only need revered for the VP gear, right? You don't need to hit exalted. Hell I've already unlocked more gear than I can buy yet. I too feel like I should be running all dailies every day but I've decided not to. I'll run 'em when I run 'em.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    even being a human along with the guild rep bonus, I think that a ball has been dropped somewhere along the lines during the development stages. Don't get me wrong, I think MoP is one of the better expansions (but then again, we may not be far enough removed from cata yet to let go of some bias), and I wish I could spend every waking moment in Jade Forest, but it seems like they put too much stock into dailies as a way to superficially extend content. It feels like putting a band aid on a broken bone. I think it would be different if we could choose between shado-pan, AC, GL, and Klaxxi, but you HAVE to reach honored with GL before you even start on shado or AC... that and the fact that you get a little bit above 100 rep per quest just isnt a rewarding enough incentive.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.