Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    You make it sound like I enjoy doing dailies, and get a thrill out of it...I hate them... with a passion. But I saw what Blizz did, and I play the game. I don't enjoy that part of the game, but in a group is easy, and takes a fraction of the time. It's not my sense of entitlement, it's Blizz'. They are the ones that have dictated that doing dailies allows access to vedor epics/recipies and so on. Great, when the last patch of MoP comes out, and there are rep tokens or similar, yes I can bask in the glory that "I did them when it was relevant" But will I care... no. I just did them because they are currently part of the game, which as a whole I enjoy playing.
    And you wouldn't want a better system in place? Look regardless of your protestant work ethic if they changed it tmmrw and let you get rep out of dailies and dungeons would it make a difference? YOu can bask in the glory all you like but frankly nobody cares man. You do and that's fine but what your saying is really entitlement mentality. You should have the experience of basking the glory of a shitty daily rep grind and everyone else should have to suffer through it so you can have the experience as transitory and hollow as it may be.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    You make it sound like I enjoy doing dailies, and get a thrill out of it...I hate them... with a passion. But I saw what Blizz did, and I play the game. I don't enjoy that part of the game, but in a group is easy, and takes a fraction of the time. It's not my sense of entitlement, it's Blizz'. They are the ones that have dictated that doing dailies allows access to vedor epics/recipies and so on. Great, when the last patch of MoP comes out, and there are rep tokens or similar, yes I can bask in the glory that "I did them when it was relevant" But will I care... no. I just did them because they are currently part of the game, which as a whole I enjoy playing.
    Don't understand why people hate these dailies. They are quick and easy. They have a nice amount of variety. Certainly not even 1/10th as bad as the horrible dailies in TBC like the Shattari Skyguard, Ogri'la, Netherwing, and Shattered Sun Offensive. I'm not going to shout to the world about how much fun these dailies are, but I'm not going to complain either because I do find them fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Let me just recap for you:

-You don't have time to raid.
    -You won't do dailies.
    -You don't like PVP.
    -You don't like challenge modes.
    -You don't like questing.
    -You ran out of stuff to do.

I fully support your decision to unsub and I would highly recommend it to all others like you.
    Sorry that's not accurate. I ran out of stuff to do to progress my character. Stuff I liked to do. That would be more accurate. PVP is frustrating. Challenge modes provide no gear. Questing provides no better gear than I already have and would just be dailies anyway. I have lfr and the sha once a week.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-30 at 12:53 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Let me just recap for you:

-You don't have time to raid.
    -You won't do dailies.
    -You don't like PVP.
    -You don't like challenge modes.
    -You don't like questing.
    -You ran out of stuff to do.

I fully support your decision to unsub and I would highly recommend it to all others like you.
    LOL. In other words they have no reason to play

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Sorry that's not accurate. I ran out of stuff to do to progress my character. Stuff I liked to do. That would be more accurate.
    Stuff like what? Running heroics repeatedly to deck yourself in valor epics that would only ever be used to do more heroics?

I seriously have trouble understanding exactly what you find fun or what you consider progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    I know that feel, OP. I made the mistake of trying to get two characters raid ready and grind through those stupid fucking dailies on them to make sure I didn't fall behind on my raids. One day I got Unleashed Spirits and Give a Second Chance at the same time. Fifteen minutes later, barely accomplished either of them and surrounded by two dozen other people fighting for taps, I quit the game.

And I don't mean opening the game menu and clicking "Quit Game". I logged out, cancelled my sub and have told my raids to find replacements for me while the sub time is still around. After that expires I'm gone until they change it. Reading about Operation Shieldwall and more Wrathion rep grinding just fills me with dread.

I hate this game now.
    ... what? Those are two of the easiest dailies ever. For Given a Second Chance, you don't even need to compete with other people. You just bandage anything, even if other people are bandaging, and you all get credit. Unleashed Spirits is just mind-bogglingly fast. Furthermore, if you are competing for spawns with other people, why not join group with them? 15 minutes? Absurd. It takes me less than 15 minutes to finish all three Golden Lotus hubs per day.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Don't understand why people hate these dailies. They are quick and easy. They have a nice amount of variety. Certainly not even 1/10th as bad as the horrible dailies in TBC like the Shattari Skyguard, Ogri'la, Netherwing, and Shattered Sun Offensive. I'm not going to shout to the world about how much fun these dailies are, but I'm not going to complain either because I do find them fun.
    I see the appeal, and I would never take it away from anyone. But I would also never stand in line for it.

It's like the Paul Rudd of MMORPG gameplay.

No no no no sorry. For those people who don't like dailies it's not much of a choice. They either do something they despise for the gear or don't get the gear. Telling them not to do it is saying YOU ARE NOT GETTING VALOR GEAR THIS EXPANSION. Not that they don't need it, need is irrelevant. That's not a perfectly acceptable choice because in reality it's a non choice.
    I agree with this. Let's say someone enjoys LFR, to get into heart of fear you are going to need to be extremely lucky on loot in MV or you are going to have to buy valor gear. To buy valor gear, you need to do dailies. There is no getting around that simple point. Even though there is no requirement for normal/heroic raids, the emphasis on getting that valor gear is even stronger.

That said, you can do them at your own pace to some degree. In other words you don't have to do all of them at once, you can focus on Golden Lotus till revered then do a different one and do them one at a time. Valor is slow enough that you shouldn't run out of things to buy before you get another faction at revered.

Honestly though, I did more dailies in cat. Now capping valor and getting the rep on my alts is so damn unrealistic that I don't even bother. I gear them up to 460 and they just hit LFR each week. In cat, I did dailies and heroics on pretty much all my alts.(although I usually only worked on 3-4 of them at a time) So even though there is more to do in MoP, I find myself doing less. I work on my main mostly, level alts a bit, hit LFR once a week on alts. This is my balance, I think everyone has to find their own balance.

I do agree about dailies though, I don't like them but I am stuck doing them on my main. However I pace myself so it isn't too painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff like what? Running heroics repeatedly to deck yourself in valor epics that would only ever be used to do more heroics?

I seriously have trouble understanding exactly what you find fun or what you consider progression.
    I mean your framing aside yea more or less. I could farm my guys up outside of the raid in the most flexible manor possible without being tied to the daily quests. The "use" isn't important. It's the progression that is.
    The hammer comes down:

Sorry that's not accurate. I ran out of stuff to do to progress my character. Stuff I liked to do. That would be more accurate. PVP is frustrating. Challenge modes provide no gear. Questing provides no better gear than I already have and would just be dailies anyway. I have lfr and the sha once a week.
    Yeah, I'd quit if all I did was Sha and LFR. Both of those are very unsatisfactory, just like Baradin Hold and LFR in Cata. If I didn't do ranked PvP and actual raiding, I'd quit this game too. Those are by far the most fun things to do.

... what? Those are two of the easiest dailies ever. For Given a Second Chance, you don't even need to compete with other people. You just bandage anything, even if other people are bandaging, and you all get credit. Unleashed Spirits is just mind-bogglingly fast. Furthermore, if you are competing for spawns with other people, why not join group with them? 15 minutes? Absurd. It takes me less than 15 minutes to finish all three Golden Lotus hubs per day.
    Two dozen people fighting over taps on a crowded server even at 9am. Fly in to one of them, another toon phases in right in front of me already there, mob gets up and I just swear at the screen again.

Doing these on a PvP server must drive people up the fucking wall.

Deleted
    All I really have to say on this topic is that I greatly preferred the Cataclysm system for acquiring Valor and Valor Gear. If a return was made to how it worked in Cata I would be absolutely relieved and would enjoy the game more than I do currently.

I see the appeal, and I would never take it away from anyone. But I would also never stand in line for it.

It's like the Paul Rudd of MMORPG gameplay.
    I wouldn't stand in line for it either, but I'm not going to complain about them. Perhaps because I did get to exalted with the Netherwing and I still have nightmares about trying to tag those flying NPCs while standing on those floating rocks. Nothing before or since has been that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by A Ninja View Post
    All I really have to say on this topic is that I greatly preferred the Cataclysm system for acquiring Valor and Valor Gear. If a return was made to how it worked in Cata I would be absolutely relieved and would enjoy the game more than I do currently.
    If it were Cata 2.0 gearing I would have ten level 90s by now and start gearing them all up along with my two mains.

But even 5.1 accelerated rep grinding just makes me want to shoot myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I agree with this. Let's say someone enjoys LFR, to get into heart of fear in the first week you are going to need to be extremely lucky on loot in MV or you are going to have to buy valor gear.
    Fixed that for you. Although if we were being realistic, there are plenty of ways to gain 7 ilvl points outside of valor epics.

I wouldn't stand in line for it either, but I'm not going to complain about them. Perhaps because I did get to exalted with the Netherwing and I still have nightmares about trying to tag those flying NPCs while standing on those floating rocks. Nothing before or since has been that bad.
    Well I'm quitting so problem solved for me, really.

Unsub. tell them why you unsubbed. wait for them to get their heads out of their asses. resub. It wont take long at this rate I promise you.

Or

Accept daily quests for all of MoP and likely into the next expansion as well.

The "choice" is yours. I'd rather not have this entire expansion turn into cataclysm 2.0. So I'm out until they fix this BS.
    I thought you quit playing before MoP was released because well it was 'MoP' now you're quitting because of dailies? It's so hard to keep up with you posters that quit on a daily basis.

Two dozen people fighting over taps on a crowded server even at 9am. Fly in to one of them, another toon phases in right in front of me already there, mob gets up and I just swear at the screen again.

Doing these on a PvP server must drive people up the fucking wall.
    I'm on a heavily populated PvP server and it's fine. I'm never online at 9 AM so no comment about that, but when I do the dailies at 9 PM, very little real competition. I form groups for the dailies though. Soon as I'm flying to pick them up, I'll type in general chat "lfg starting dailies" and I almost always get responses, if not I'll just start inviting people that are in the area doing the dailies.

If it were Cata 2.0 gearing I would have ten level 90s by now and start gearing them all up along with my two mains.
    I fail to see how a good design choice is giving you so much free time that the only way you can fill the hours is to have a level 90 of every class instead of giving you enough to do on one character if you so choose.

I mean basically telling people not to do them is saying your not getting valor gear this expansion. Okay that's fine but let's be honest about it then.
    Yeah that is. It's the cause and effect? Not very hard to understand. VP gear is tied to rep vendors. Rep is only gotten by doing dailies. Do dailies if you want to use VP? Don't do dailies if you don't want VP gear? Pretty clear concept.

You're also not getting raid gear this expansion by not raiding.
    Not getting honor gear by not doing BGs.
    Not getting conquest gear by not doing RBGs or arenas.
    Not getting flying mounts by not hitting 90.
    Not getting heroic raid gear by not doing heroic raids.

Not getting my point by being too stubborn?