Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I know there isn't much to discuss on this matter, but maybe the community can give me some advice on how to cope with this. i've played this game since 2008 now, and i've never had such apathy about it until now.
    You seem to be coping quite well on your own.

If anything, it sounds that you are slowly finding your way out of the game for good. Phasing-out sort of.

Deleted
    Dailies aren't a bad thing overall, MoP just has to many of them and made them to important. Some are better than the others because there are less of those or they're different from the other dailies. Lotus is the worst imo because the design of the dailies are all the same: Kill 12 mogu, now kill 12 mogu but in another part of the zone, now kill 12 mogu spirits.. wow, that makes it so different. I enjoy the Celestials because they are every day in a different zone, if not, the quests are different from eachother, wich makes them more enjoyable. Blizzard made the important of dailies to big, because now you need them for upgrades for raiding, or to get that one mount.
    imo Blizzard should put more variety in the design of the dailies and make them mid-important, so that not everyone 'has' to do them to get better gear/items. Not saying we should have tabards again wich will make it a boring everyone-can-reach-Exalted dungeon farm, but make raids give them Reputation for it, so that 1 run a week will help atleast raiders get that 1000+ rep a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that my gaming-pc broke down so I have a reason to quit all those dailies and probably unsub.

I'm not a huge fan of dailies or quests in general. I'm not one of those people to read a quest and get into the lore. I read what I need to complete it and move on to the next. Since the beginning my strategy has been the same. I've been tackling factions in segments in order to get what I want. Since the beginning I did Tillers and Golden Lotus. Once I hit Rev with Golden Lotus I switched over to Cloud Serpent. Once Tillers hit exalted I started doing August Celestial. Cloud Serpent hit exalted and I've started doing Shado Pan. Currently I've prioritized my reps based on the gear, mounts, or patterns that I want. Order of importance for me currently is August Celestial, Shado Pan, and Klaxxi.

To sum up all of the above pace your self and do the ones you like. If you decide you want to do the others when your done with a certain faction fine and if not thats your choice. I wouldn't bank on Blizzard making a drastic change to rep grinding so do what you want to do since you're paying $15 a month to play the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of dailies or quests in general. I'm not one of those people to read a quest and get into the lore. I
    As if there is any lore behind the dailies...

What lore can there be behind a quest that involves collecting dragon-poop, or about that quest where you blow up the cannons... the NPC claims they're annoying, and that's the reason you're supposed to get rid of them. I mean, really? They didn't even try to find some cheesy excuse.

The only reason I'm hanging around WoW right now is because of the time I spent in the past, the hope I have for it becoming good again, and simply because I don't have any other MMORPG to play (if you have a suggestion on that department, please share it).

Deleted
    Why they think dailies are 'good' content is beyond me. It's nice to have them there as an option, maybe reward more gold per quest and give rep/tokens for mounts but not for VP gear. I consider it the worst aspect of MoP by far at this point.

Good story bro...

Now onto mine, I haven't even touched Tillers or Anglers, and I should have gotten exalted with the order almost one or two weeks ago, after hitting Revered w/ the Klaxxi I didn't touch any of their dailies. Lotus dailies were the only ones I've tried not to miss and I do them 4 times a week.

Play the game, don't let it play you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KachynaEU View Post
    People whine too much.. if you don't like the daillies why do you go on doing them? you can raid mogushan vaults in greens, and you can get gear there as well. I felt i needed to do those daillies, i completed some selected factions to revered and it was enough for me. I couldn't bother with cloud serpent order nor the anglers so I skipped them. I sure like the mounts, but I will have time to get all those factions to exalted. I decide my own pace...

Sure hope thats true if i decide to seriously play warcraft again with a shiny new account, there is not much chance of me grinding dailies so i can raid.

Id rather play up until 90 then quit or re roll and repeat leveling.

Funny how people are unsubbing over some epics that are absolutely not mandatory to enjoy the game.

Deleted
    Personaly i think dailies were brought in as an idea in vanilla, so people could get gold easier, nothing wrong in that as such, since i imagine in vanilla there would of been a lot of people who did all the quests in game .. and then when they were done they were done. SO that income of money was then gone.

With the huge amounts of quests in game avaiable and the speed of leveling , i would think it would be cool if blizzard actually made it alot more viable to go back and do low quests, like why add new dailies in game, you could surely wear a tabard and just do some normal quests can gain rep for any desired faction.
    I dont see how this could be a bad thing.
    The tol borad dailies i manged in cata for a nice trink for my healer , but i didnt realy enjoy them, although i did join tol borad a couple of times and have pvp fun.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 11:20 PM ----------

that would also put life back in the world,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Good story bro...

Now onto mine, I haven't even touched Tillers or Anglers, and I should have gotten exalted with the order almost one or two weeks ago, after hitting Revered w/ the Klaxxi I didn't touch any of their dailies. Lotus dailies were the only ones I've tried not to miss and I do them 4 times a week.

Play the game, don't let it play you...
    I'm totally agree with you, but I need to add that op has some point in there, it's the whole "lazy ass blizzard" again with standard solutions for everyone. again, i'm with you anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Deleted
    You're not doing the exact same dailies in the exact same location every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I never even started. They collect data on all this stuff, if they find out a large portion of the playerbase isn't doing dailies, something will get changed.
    Since you have to do them, most players do them even though they hate them. Blizz will look at their numbers and see lots of people doing them and point to that as a success. What's needed is a little checkbox next to the complete quest button where you can select 'I enjoyed this' or 'I hated myself for doing this but I have no choice'. Only then would the relevant data be collected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcare View Post
    Personaly i think dailies were brought in as an idea in vanilla, so people could get gold easier, nothing wrong in that as such, since i imagine in vanilla there would of been a lot of people who did all the quests in game .. and then when they were done they were done. SO that income of money was then gone.

With the huge amounts of quests in game avaiable and the speed of leveling , i would think it would be cool if blizzard actually made it alot more viable to go back and do low quests, like why add new dailies in game, you could surely wear a tabard and just do some normal quests can gain rep for any desired faction.
    I dont see how this could be a bad thing.
    The tol borad dailies i manged in cata for a nice trink for my healer , but i didnt realy enjoy them, although i did join tol borad a couple of times and have pvp fun.

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 11:20 PM ----------

that would also put life back in the world,
    Weren't dailies first introduced in TBC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Weren't dailies first introduced in TBC?
    Yes but they really played a minor roll. I double dipped dungeons for rep and gear in TBC as well. In fact that was implemented before daily quests IIRC. It was one of the many many progressive changes they made in TBC that made the expansion such a huge game changer.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm writing this in complete apathy, because at this time, that's the only emotion or feeling or lack thereof that i can bring up for this subject. so please don't take this as a rant or a rage, but as the final stage of the Kübler-Ross modeling of grief, becauses that's the only way i've intended this.

I've decided to just give up on regular Golden Lotus and Klaxxi Dailies. I don't care that I'm giving up valor gear. I don't care that I'm missing rep and gold. I don't care that it means missing out on high-end enchants and mounts. I. Just. Don't. Care.

There. I've said it. I shouldn't have to do stuff that I don't want to do. I don't need valor gear to progress in LFR. I can easily get 470 from LFR gear. I don't do raids in guild connection, so I don't have to worry about holding my guild back (in fact, it's often the exact reverse, with a resto druid that's OOMing constantly and a shadowpriest that does low DPS.). I can easily pug my raids, especially since the LFR tactics are somewhat close to normal tactics now.

I've tried doing the dailies, I have. I've tried them in both ret and prot. Retribution just feels bad for me to do dailies. I'm just taking so much damage and it's nearly insane how much I need to heal myself. At least in protection, I'm hardly taking any damage and keeping myself straight, even with a dozen mobs on me. I don't need to avoid bad shit, I don't need to interrupt (except heals) and shit dies just as fast. But even doing dailies in protection doesn't prevent me from feeling the massive monotony of having to do the exact same dailies in the exact same zone every. single. day. I haven't even reached honored with most of these, only Klaxxi is above honored.

I know that August Celestials and Shado-pan dailies may break the monotomy, but that would require me to do 3 weeks of Lotus dailies first. I just can't bring myself to do that.

to contrast with that, I am doing the tillers and cloud serpent dailies. I just like those more. Tillers, i can do 3 dailies worth of rep a day just by farming. the regular dailies themselves are just "kill shit" quests, and there are only 3 of them. same with the cloud serpent dailies. I don't do the profession dailies because they just don't appeal to me. but the normal quests, like the spider/island/monkeys, those I can do.

but Klaxxi dailies? those don't appeal to me. i've done the northeast ones and the southwest ones, and neither ones I like. again, if i'm doing stuff that I don't like, it's not a game for me anymore. I like dungeons. I like raids. I don't like repetitive quests that don't have any meaningful effect on the zone or on my progression. and I don't like being forced to do things that i just don't think are fun.

the same with golden lotus. i've done mistfall village and the lake pagoda, and I didn't like them both. even worse, they require me to first do the same gate where the same mogu are invading every. single. day. it's like those pandaren are lazy and not doing anything with the advantages we gave them. at least tol barad dailies had different cell blocks. at least molten front dailies had different mobs to kill every day. at least argent tournament dailies didn't send us to kill scourge every day, following up with either vrykul or storm peak dailies. because that's what it feels like. we're killing the same mobs every day with no discernable reason or rhyme, just so the pandaren can send up somewhere else to, who knew, kill more mogu!

I've simply stopped doing the stuff I don't like. I wasn't already doing them more than 2 or 3 times per week, and i will be doing them even less regularly. I'm not going to whine on the forums for change. Enough people already are doing that. Either Blizzard will add alternative ways to get rep and gear, in which case i'll likely do that instead. or they don't change it, in which case nothing happens for me and it's unlikely that will change. either way, I don't know what i'll do, and honestly, i don't care.

this is not an "i'm quitting" post yet. i've said that i'd quit once before and I came back. this time i'm not even unsubbing yet, although i don't really know why i should remain subbed, if one of the major parts is not to my liking. maybe i've just burned out on WoW after a month of playing nearly every day without change. i've had moments like that before. maybe I just need to have some diversion from WoW.

I know there isn't much to discuss on this matter, but maybe the community can give me some advice on how to cope with this. i've played this game since 2008 now, and i've never had such apathy about it until now.
    Simple, don't do dailies, there is so many other things you can be doing in the game. Play some other games if you are not feeling WoW either.

More of the same qq about nothing, people will never be happy. Even if they let you get faction rep by dailies, tabards, pvp, raiding, and running laps around ironforge. There will still be some people who cry because clearly they are FORCED to do these things every day and they don't like doing any of them.

ITT: More whiners whining about things that can never be solved due to the simple concept of human opinion.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    The thing about dailies is, first of all they are bound to get boring after a while, because they are repeating themselves at some point sooner or later. But Blizzard is doing a really good job on them. They've started making dailies more interesting with the Molten Front dailies. There's actually an interesting story behind them, you progress through the different stages of the questing areas, you interact with interesting lore characters etc. Molten Front did a really good job of introducing the Firelands raid bosses to the audience.
    The MoP dailies introduce the different factions and characters. And each quest hub has so many different dailies that you'll not be doing the same dailies every day. On the day I hit exalted with the Order I had 2 dailies pop up that I've never even done up to that point. And some of them are really fun. Sure you got some fetch and kill quests but they've done a lot to make the dailies fun. In the Klaxxi area you get extra buffs from the paragons, some quests are really cool, like flying over the area and killing mantid from the sky with the poison, or controlling that giant bug and killing mantid. Lotus has some cool quests, like that race on the Serpent's Spine or throwing hot oil on mantid. There's a sky race at the Order. The only thing that could've used a bit more love are the Anglers. And Shado-Pan quests are a pain. Other than that, I really liked the daily quests. But if you just hate daily quests in general, I guess there's nothing that can be done about it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Yes but they really played a minor roll. I double dipped dungeons for rep and gear in TBC as well. In fact that was implemented before daily quests IIRC. It was one of the many many progressive changes they made in TBC that made the expansion such a huge game changer.
    It's just that the post I quoted said they were brought in in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about dailies is, first of all they are bound to get boring after a while, because they are repeating themselves at some point sooner or later. But Blizzard is doing a really good job on them.
    You can't actually believe this. The quests are virtually all collect this and kill that. They lack any variety, they lack any interesting mechanics and to be honest repeating the same quest over and over again is not only BAD story telling it's really immersion breaking. Add this to the fact that you end up having so many to do and each one gives so little rep they are literally the most tedious and poorly designed dailies I've ever had the displeasure of doing. These dailies are a really just an extension of the 85-90 questing process (which was boring in and of itself) but they have the added unpleasantness of repeating the same story over and over again. They're not different, they're not interesting. In fact really they are designed to just get over and done with asap. Blizzard I think more or less gets that people hate this bullshit but the dailies that are all tied to gear (i.E the ones people do) are the most boring and bland things ever. Dailies have NEVER been interesting content but these dailies are the worst. Golden Lotus is probably the worst sinner out of all of these but cmooon you can't actually believe they present you with any interesting mechanics.

Oddly enough he most pleasant dailes to do were the cloud serpent ones and it's ALL because they were limited to a handful and gave you so much reward for doing them. Seriously you got like 500 rep per quest it was insane. I did those ones as a PLEASURE because they gave you so much rep for each turn in.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 09:34 AM ----------

It's just that the post I quoted said they were brought in in Vanilla.
    They weren't. Rep grinding in vanilla was done primarliy by grinding mobs for drops that you would turn in for items. I still have nightmares about farming Timbermaw Headresses..... the horror... the horror... your an errant timbermaw sent to collect a grocery bill...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-05 at 09:36 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    They've started making dailies more interesting with the Molten Front dailies.
    It's people like you who make Blizzard think they can get away with turning their game into World of Daily Quest.