Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm writing this in complete apathy, because at this time, that's the only emotion or feeling or lack thereof that i can bring up for this subject. so please don't take this as a rant or a rage, but as the final stage of the Kübler-Ross modeling of grief, becauses that's the only way i've intended this.

    I've decided to just give up on regular Golden Lotus and Klaxxi Dailies. I don't care that I'm giving up valor gear. I don't care that I'm missing rep and gold. I don't care that it means missing out on high-end enchants and mounts. I. Just. Don't. Care.

    There. I've said it. I shouldn't have to do stuff that I don't want to do. I don't need valor gear to progress in LFR. I can easily get 470 from LFR gear. I don't do raids in guild connection, so I don't have to worry about holding my guild back (in fact, it's often the exact reverse, with a resto druid that's OOMing constantly and a shadowpriest that does low DPS.). I can easily pug my raids, especially since the LFR tactics are somewhat close to normal tactics now.

    I've tried doing the dailies, I have. I've tried them in both ret and prot. Retribution just feels bad for me to do dailies. I'm just taking so much damage and it's nearly insane how much I need to heal myself. At least in protection, I'm hardly taking any damage and keeping myself straight, even with a dozen mobs on me. I don't need to avoid bad shit, I don't need to interrupt (except heals) and shit dies just as fast. But even doing dailies in protection doesn't prevent me from feeling the massive monotony of having to do the exact same dailies in the exact same zone every. single. day. I haven't even reached honored with most of these, only Klaxxi is above honored.

    I know that August Celestials and Shado-pan dailies may break the monotomy, but that would require me to do 3 weeks of Lotus dailies first. I just can't bring myself to do that.

    to contrast with that, I am doing the tillers and cloud serpent dailies. I just like those more. Tillers, i can do 3 dailies worth of rep a day just by farming. the regular dailies themselves are just "kill shit" quests, and there are only 3 of them. same with the cloud serpent dailies. I don't do the profession dailies because they just don't appeal to me. but the normal quests, like the spider/island/monkeys, those I can do.

    but Klaxxi dailies? those don't appeal to me. i've done the northeast ones and the southwest ones, and neither ones I like. again, if i'm doing stuff that I don't like, it's not a game for me anymore. I like dungeons. I like raids. I don't like repetitive quests that don't have any meaningful effect on the zone or on my progression. and I don't like being forced to do things that i just don't think are fun.

    the same with golden lotus. i've done mistfall village and the lake pagoda, and I didn't like them both. even worse, they require me to first do the same gate where the same mogu are invading every. single. day. it's like those pandaren are lazy and not doing anything with the advantages we gave them. at least tol barad dailies had different cell blocks. at least molten front dailies had different mobs to kill every day. at least argent tournament dailies didn't send us to kill scourge every day, following up with either vrykul or storm peak dailies. because that's what it feels like. we're killing the same mobs every day with no discernable reason or rhyme, just so the pandaren can send up somewhere else to, who knew, kill more mogu!

    I've simply stopped doing the stuff I don't like. I wasn't already doing them more than 2 or 3 times per week, and i will be doing them even less regularly. I'm not going to whine on the forums for change. Enough people already are doing that. Either Blizzard will add alternative ways to get rep and gear, in which case i'll likely do that instead. or they don't change it, in which case nothing happens for me and it's unlikely that will change. either way, I don't know what i'll do, and honestly, i don't care.

    this is not an "i'm quitting" post yet. i've said that i'd quit once before and I came back. this time i'm not even unsubbing yet, although i don't really know why i should remain subbed, if one of the major parts is not to my liking. maybe i've just burned out on WoW after a month of playing nearly every day without change. i've had moments like that before. maybe I just need to have some diversion from WoW.

    I know there isn't much to discuss on this matter, but maybe the community can give me some advice on how to cope with this. i've played this game since 2008 now, and i've never had such apathy about it until now.
    Simple, don't do dailies, there is so many other things you can be doing in the game. Play some other games if you are not feeling WoW either.

  2. #362
    More of the same qq about nothing, people will never be happy. Even if they let you get faction rep by dailies, tabards, pvp, raiding, and running laps around ironforge. There will still be some people who cry because clearly they are FORCED to do these things every day and they don't like doing any of them.

    ITT: More whiners whining about things that can never be solved due to the simple concept of human opinion.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  3. #363
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,847
    The thing about dailies is, first of all they are bound to get boring after a while, because they are repeating themselves at some point sooner or later. But Blizzard is doing a really good job on them. They've started making dailies more interesting with the Molten Front dailies. There's actually an interesting story behind them, you progress through the different stages of the questing areas, you interact with interesting lore characters etc. Molten Front did a really good job of introducing the Firelands raid bosses to the audience.
    The MoP dailies introduce the different factions and characters. And each quest hub has so many different dailies that you'll not be doing the same dailies every day. On the day I hit exalted with the Order I had 2 dailies pop up that I've never even done up to that point. And some of them are really fun. Sure you got some fetch and kill quests but they've done a lot to make the dailies fun. In the Klaxxi area you get extra buffs from the paragons, some quests are really cool, like flying over the area and killing mantid from the sky with the poison, or controlling that giant bug and killing mantid. Lotus has some cool quests, like that race on the Serpent's Spine or throwing hot oil on mantid. There's a sky race at the Order. The only thing that could've used a bit more love are the Anglers. And Shado-Pan quests are a pain. Other than that, I really liked the daily quests. But if you just hate daily quests in general, I guess there's nothing that can be done about it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Yes but they really played a minor roll. I double dipped dungeons for rep and gear in TBC as well. In fact that was implemented before daily quests IIRC. It was one of the many many progressive changes they made in TBC that made the expansion such a huge game changer.
    It's just that the post I quoted said they were brought in in Vanilla.

  4. #364
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The thing about dailies is, first of all they are bound to get boring after a while, because they are repeating themselves at some point sooner or later. But Blizzard is doing a really good job on them.
    You can't actually believe this. The quests are virtually all collect this and kill that. They lack any variety, they lack any interesting mechanics and to be honest repeating the same quest over and over again is not only BAD story telling it's really immersion breaking. Add this to the fact that you end up having so many to do and each one gives so little rep they are literally the most tedious and poorly designed dailies I've ever had the displeasure of doing. These dailies are a really just an extension of the 85-90 questing process (which was boring in and of itself) but they have the added unpleasantness of repeating the same story over and over again. They're not different, they're not interesting. In fact really they are designed to just get over and done with asap. Blizzard I think more or less gets that people hate this bullshit but the dailies that are all tied to gear (i.E the ones people do) are the most boring and bland things ever. Dailies have NEVER been interesting content but these dailies are the worst. Golden Lotus is probably the worst sinner out of all of these but cmooon you can't actually believe they present you with any interesting mechanics.

    Oddly enough he most pleasant dailes to do were the cloud serpent ones and it's ALL because they were limited to a handful and gave you so much reward for doing them. Seriously you got like 500 rep per quest it was insane. I did those ones as a PLEASURE because they gave you so much rep for each turn in.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 09:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

    It's just that the post I quoted said they were brought in in Vanilla.
    They weren't. Rep grinding in vanilla was done primarliy by grinding mobs for drops that you would turn in for items. I still have nightmares about farming Timbermaw Headresses..... the horror... the horror... your an errant timbermaw sent to collect a grocery bill...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-05 at 09:36 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    They've started making dailies more interesting with the Molten Front dailies.
    It's people like you who make Blizzard think they can get away with turning their game into World of Daily Quest.

  6. #366
    To be honest, I haven't touched any of the dailies.
    I've done enough dailies throughout the expansions, I can't bring myself to do them anymore.

  7. #367
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    It's people like you who make Blizzard think they can get away with turning their game into World of Daily Quest.
    Molten Front dailies really weren't interesting either to be perfectly blunt. I mean I did them, I forced myself to do it on one toon because I wanted to see the story through. Not only were the dailies themselves more mindless and mind numbing repetition with no variety in mechanics the ending really fucking sucked. It was totally underwhelming for all that shit I put in.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You can't actually believe this. The quests are virtually all collect this and kill that. They lack any variety, they lack any interesting mechanics and to be honest repeating the same quest over and over again is not only BAD story telling it's really immersion breaking. Add this to the fact that you end up having so many to do and each one gives so little rep they are literally the most tedious and poorly designed dailies I've ever had the displeasure of doing. These dailies are a really just an extension of the 85-90 questing process (which was boring in and of itself) but they have the added unpleasantness of repeating the same story over and over again. They're not different, they're not interesting. In fact really they are designed to just get over and done with asap. Blizzard I think more or less gets that people hate this bullshit but the dailies that are all tied to gear (i.E the ones people do) are the most boring and bland things ever. Dailies have NEVER been interesting content but these dailies are the worst. Golden Lotus is probably the worst sinner out of all of these but cmooon you can't actually believe they present you with any interesting mechanics.

    Oddly enough he most pleasant dailes to do were the cloud serpent ones and it's ALL because they were limited to a handful and gave you so much reward for doing them. Seriously you got like 500 rep it was insane. I did those ones as a PLEASURE because they gave you so much rep for each turn in.
    There are a few dailies that are fun and different. But yes it will always be about kill X amount of Y mob.
    For example the one where you have to roll over the wall and finish the course with obstacles and speed boosts. Or where you have to control a big mob and kill other mobs. Or throwing fuel on mobs from the wall and light them on fire. Different dailies like where you have to survive 90 seconds or whatever while pandas throw fireworks at you (not that I enjoy doing that one but it is different). I also like the fact they change every day and also change the more rep you get.

    I don't know how you want to make them more interesting. I mean, MMO's have always been about killing mobs or collecting stuff. If you have been playing WoW for a few years then everything becomes boring. To remove all reputation requirements only makes it more boring. Giving rep tabards makes doing dungeons also boring especially now since heroics are basically normal level 90 dungeons.

    Questing from 85-90 wasn't boring to me. The last quests of every zone were quite enjoyable and we got plenty of cinematics and also some variety. The quest for example where you do training and have to punch through wood etc. Or the quest where you play as other characters in Jade Forest with the cat lady etc.

    I prefer these dailies over spamming LFD and other people don't. Deal with it. I did hundreds of heroics during WotLK while I didn't enjoy doing them. They already nerfed rep requirements and alts will get a good boost. I am already revered with every faction that unlocks valor gear and I still have to wait months to actually get the valor to buy them. In the meanwhile after doing one normal MSV raid I got two items that can replace those valor rewards.
    If you don't like doing them then don't do them. If you think this is enough to quit playing then you obviously are bored with WoW completely and maybe playing another game for a while is a smart thing to do.

    p.s. Shado-pan and Celestial are also just a handful and give more reward. The only one that is long is Golden Lotus and Klaxxi is also quite doable (was the first one I got revered with). Once you have done Golden Lotus it's really not that bad.

  9. #369
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    There are a few dailies that are fun and different. But yes it will always be about kill X amount of Y mob.
    For example the one where you have to roll over the wall and finish the course with obstacles and speed boosts. Or where you have to control a big mob and kill other mobs. Or throwing fuel on mobs from the wall and light them on fire. Different dailies like where you have to survive 90 seconds or whatever while pandas throw fireworks at you (not that I enjoy doing that one but it is different). I also like the fact they change every day and also change the more rep you get.

    I don't know how you want to make them more interesting. I mean, MMO's have always been about killing mobs or collecting stuff. If you have been playing WoW for a few years then everything becomes boring. To remove all reputation requirements only makes it more boring. Giving rep tabards makes doing dungeons also boring especially now since heroics are basically normal level 90 dungeons.

    Questing from 85-90 wasn't boring to me. The last quests of every zone were quite enjoyable and we got plenty of cinematics and also some variety. The quest for example where you do training and have to punch through wood etc. Or the quest where you play as other characters in Jade Forest with the cat lady etc.

    I prefer these dailies over spamming LFD and other people don't. Deal with it. I did hundreds of heroics during WotLK while I didn't enjoy doing them. They already nerfed rep requirements and alts will get a good boost. I am already revered with every faction that unlocks valor gear and I still have to wait months to actually get the valor to buy them. In the meanwhile after doing one normal MSV raid I got two items that can replace those valor rewards.
    If you don't like doing them then don't do them. If you think this is enough to quit playing then you obviously are bored with WoW completely and maybe playing another game for a while is a smart thing to do.

    p.s. Shado-pan and Celestial are also just a handful and give more reward. The only one that is long is Golden Lotus and Klaxxi is also quite doable (was the first one I got revered with). Once you have done Golden Lotus it's really not that bad.

    Excuse me why does it have to always be about kill x or collect y? I mean if you people actually enjoy daily content then you wouldn't want that. Blizzard however is smart enough to recognize that dailies are perhaps the least interesting content (and cheapest/easiest to produce) they could come up with so they naturally just make it that they are all the easiest fucking things in the universe that don't require a second of thought. Changing between the same fuckign dailies every day only stretches them out till you do them the second time around. That immediately kills their story value unless you enjoy watching reruns.

    I mean were honestly having this conversation? I lvld 5 toons in cataclysm why? Well in part because questing was much more varied mechanic wise in cataclysm. Theirs is very little variety in what happens in MoP questing and the only really interesting quest I can remember was the snip mission with the orc chick. Virtually every other mission was some variation of kill or collect.

    The rest of what you said is just to much of a headache to go through. Enjoy your dailies, nobody cares. I just don't understand why your enjoyment has to come at the expense of mine.

    Dailies fucking suck and will always fucking suck and these dailies suck the most. DEAL WITH IT.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Excuse me why does it have to always be about kill x or collect y? I mean if you people actually enjoy daily content then you wouldn't want that. Blizzard however is smart enough to recognize that dailies are perhaps the least interesting content (and cheapest/easiest to produce) they could come up with so they naturally just make it that they are all the easiest fucking things in the universe that don't require a second of thought. Changing between the same fuckign dailies every day only stretches them out till you do them the second time around. That immediately kills their story value unless you enjoy watching reruns.

    I mean were honestly having this conversation? I lvld 5 toons in cataclysm why? Well in part because questing was much more varied mechanic wise in cataclysm. Theirs is very little variety in what happens in MoP questing and the only really interesting quest I can remember was the snip mission with the orc chick. Virtually every other mission was some variation of kill or collect.

    The rest of what you said is just to much of a headache to go through. Enjoy your dailies, nobody cares. I just don't understand why your enjoyment has to come at the expense of mine.

    Dailies fucking suck and will always fucking suck and these dailies suck the most. DEAL WITH IT.
    As long as I enjoy myself. I really don't give a crap about your enjoyment. That better? Now go be unsubbed and keep being frustrated about dailies.

    When they introduced vehicles people still complained. Why don't you come up with something good then instead of whining 24/7 about a game you don't play.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-11-05 at 10:08 AM.

  11. #371
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    As long as I enjoy myself. I really don't give a crap about your enjoyment. That better? Now go be unsubbed and keep being frustrated about dailies.

    When they introduced vehicles people still complained. Why don't you come up with something good then instead of whining 24/7 about a game you don't play.
    That's good. I like that you like your style of play. Let's time travel a little bit back to when heroic dungeons were hard. Remember those days? Well someone people didn't like it very much. Others loved it. Instead of finding a middle ground they argued back and forth and fought. What should have happened and what I hope happens is that the people who like dailies will very much consent to finding a middle ground and ADVOCATE the case for the people who don't. So that daileis can remain untouched and in their current form. I want you to be happy with the game and how you play it. Why can't anyone in favor of dailies also be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding? Why must it be all for ourselves and nothing for other people..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    That's good. I like that you like your style of play. Let's time travel a little bit back to when heroic dungeons were hard. Remember those days? Well someone people didn't like it very much. Others loved it. Instead of finding a middle ground they argued back and forth and fought. What should have happened and what I hope happens is that the people who like dailies will very much consent to finding a middle ground and ADVOCATE the case for the people who don't. So that daileis can remain untouched and in their current form. I want you to be happy with the game and how you play it. Why can't anyone in favor of dailies also be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding? Why must it be all for ourselves and nothing for other people..
    Like I always enjoyed everything in WoW. Why didn't they change things when I didn't like them? I came up with pretty good ideas but apparently when you change anything that someone else likes all you get is flames.

    You still didn't come up with a solution. You are basically asking me if I can find one but why would I? Instead of complaining over and over how bad the dailies are come up with a GOOD solution then. And don't come with reputation tabards because those were just bad, they didn't add any enjoyment to the game.
    It is also very unlikely they will change things dramatically any time soon. They even already gave people who don't like dailies some love by nerfing the rep requirement.

    I would be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding but most of these threads are only people complaining and nothing constructive. I don't know why you expect me to be construtive and find a middle ground when you don't do that either. The only thing you say is "dailies suck", "this, this and this is bad". Oke thanks for your input.

  13. #373
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Like I always enjoyed everything in WoW. Why didn't they change things when I didn't like them? I came up with pretty good ideas but apparently when you change anything that someone else likes all you get is flames.

    You still didn't come up with a solution. You are basically asking me if I can find one but why would I? Instead of complaining over and over how bad the dailies are come up with a GOOD solution then. And don't come with reputation tabards because those were just bad, they didn't add any enjoyment to the game.
    It is also very unlikely they will change things dramatically any time soon. They even already gave people who don't like dailies some love by nerfing the rep requirement.

    I would be in favor of making other play styles more rewarding but most of these threads are only people complaining and nothing constructive. I don't know why you expect me to be construtive and find a middle ground when you don't do that either. The only thing you say is "dailies suck", "this, this and this is bad". Oke thanks for your input.
    I've had plenty of solutions but nobody bothers to actually read them. Their are two things that I am currently calling for that are sooooooooo fucking simple and wouldn't harm your daily playstyle at all as far as I can tell.

    1. Return the valor per week bonus back to 7 times a week as opposed to once a day now
    2. Remove the valor requirement from the gear

    Removing the valor requirement doesn't make dailies all that less rewarding because they currrently are still really rewarding and most of you are honored or revered already if you actually like dailies anyway. Theirs ALOT of other shit I'd like but I recognize it's probably way off base and never gonna happen unless we see to many subs bleed. The two above suggestions I feel are wholly moderate. As for fixing dailies I'm not sure you can. If you give quests mechanics then people wll complain they can't finish them fast enough to get it over with because *shock* dailies suck and few people would touch them if it wasn't for the reward. If you keep them as is then they stay boring as piss and really add no variety or nothing special to the game.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  14. #374
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    You can't actually believe this. The quests are virtually all collect this and kill that. They lack any variety, they lack any interesting mechanics and to be honest repeating the same quest over and over again is not only BAD story telling it's really immersion breaking. Add this to the fact that you end up having so many to do and each one gives so little rep they are literally the most tedious and poorly designed dailies I've ever had the displeasure of doing. These dailies are a really just an extension of the 85-90 questing process (which was boring in and of itself) but they have the added unpleasantness of repeating the same story over and over again. They're not different, they're not interesting. In fact really they are designed to just get over and done with asap. Blizzard I think more or less gets that people hate this bullshit but the dailies that are all tied to gear (i.E the ones people do) are the most boring and bland things ever. Dailies have NEVER been interesting content but these dailies are the worst. Golden Lotus is probably the worst sinner out of all of these but cmooon you can't actually believe they present you with any interesting mechanics.

    Oddly enough he most pleasant dailes to do were the cloud serpent ones and it's ALL because they were limited to a handful and gave you so much reward for doing them. Seriously you got like 500 rep per quest it was insane. I did those ones as a PLEASURE because they gave you so much rep for each turn in.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 09:34 AM ----------



    They weren't. Rep grinding in vanilla was done primarliy by grinding mobs for drops that you would turn in for items. I still have nightmares about farming Timbermaw Headresses..... the horror... the horror... your an errant timbermaw sent to collect a grocery bill...
    I guess you probably don't like questing in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    It's people like you who make Blizzard think they can get away with turning their game into World of Daily Quest.
    I'm actually someone who hates the mere concept of dailies, because it's bound to get repetitive and boring, but I really liked the Molten Front area and the ones in MoP. If you don't like it don't do it. I certainly hope, that they'll keep implementing daily questing areas like the ones in MoP.

  15. #375
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I guess you probably don't like questing in general.



    I'm actually someone who hates the mere concept of dailies, because it's bound to get repetitive and boring, but I really liked the Molten Front area and the ones in MoP. If you don't like it don't do it. I certainly hope, that they'll keep implementing daily questing areas like the ones in MoP.
    It depends how their implemented. Look the quests in swtor for example were also limited in variety almost as bad as mists but I liked the story so I kept going. I don't particularly like the story in mists so that's not really appropriate. I quested my face off in cata in part because well the mechanics were varied. It made it less mind numbing. I rescued cub bears up a tree, I tamed a sea horse, I kicked turtles into the water, I harpooned a shark and that's just off the top of my head. The ONLY interesting quest I encountered in mists was that sniping mission with the orc lady.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  16. #376
    Mechagnome Ademptio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium, land of Chocolate
    Posts
    655
    I am a mount lover.... But these dailies in Panda are worse then tournament dailies in WOTLK.... After Tournament dailies i always told myself not to be so crazy anymore (did dailies on 5 toons back then for pets). Now they removed Daily cap... I feel like i spend 4 hours a day doing dailies when i get home from work. After my dailies I go to bed lol... I am having a hard time raiding + dailies

  17. #377
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It depends how their implemented. Look the quests in swtor for example were also limited in variety almost as bad as mists but I liked the story so I kept going. I don't particularly like the story in mists so that's not really appropriate. I quested my face off in cata in part because well the mechanics were varied. It made it less mind numbing. I rescued cub bears up a tree, I tamed a sea horse, I kicked turtles into the water, I harpooned a shark and that's just off the top of my head. The ONLY interesting quest I encountered in mists was that sniping mission with the orc lady.
    In mists the mechanics are just as varied. It's not all fetch and kill quests.

    I wouldn't mind if they took a bit of inspiration from SWTOR in that regard. Specific class quests, voice overs, etc. But what you're doing in that game is still basicly the same. Kill quests, fetch quests. In SWTOR, at some point it felt as if you were just constantly going to random factories to kill droids.

  18. #378
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    13
    I gave up on all but a single cooking daily (the one that gives the token) 2 weeks ago. As it was stated many times by many people before - MoP is for jobless people.

  19. #379
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    In mists the mechanics are just as varied. It's not all fetch and kill quests.

    I wouldn't mind if they took a bit of inspiration from SWTOR in that regard. Specific class quests, voice overs, etc. But what you're doing in that game is still basicly the same. Kill quests, fetch quests. In SWTOR, at some point it felt as if you were just constantly going to random factories to kill droids.
    No not even remotely close. It's night and day honestly. Cataclysm had so much more variety in what it did than in mists. Literally 95% of the mists quests were kill and collect. Their was so little variety. I had a couple of flying quests and the one quest to snip the people on top of the mountain. That was it. Go back and do zones in cata and look at the variety again. I tamed a fucking sea horse in cataclysm ffs. I chased bear cubs up a tree and threw them onto trampolines to rescue them. That level of variety wasn't to be found in mists. Well at least in so far as I quested.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I've had plenty of solutions but nobody bothers to actually read them. Their are two things that I am currently calling for that are sooooooooo fucking simple and wouldn't harm your daily playstyle at all as far as I can tell.

    1. Return the valor per week bonus back to 7 times a week as opposed to once a day now
    2. Remove the valor requirement from the gear

    Removing the valor requirement doesn't make dailies all that less rewarding because they currrently are still really rewarding and most of you are honored or revered already if you actually like dailies anyway. Theirs ALOT of other shit I'd like but I recognize it's probably way off base and never gonna happen unless we see to many subs bleed. The two above suggestions I feel are wholly moderate. As for fixing dailies I'm not sure you can. If you give quests mechanics then people wll complain they can't finish them fast enough to get it over with because *shock* dailies suck and few people would touch them if it wasn't for the reward. If you keep them as is then they stay boring as piss and really add no variety or nothing special to the game.
    How does giving you more valor or decreasing the amount of valor you need help? You still need the reputation to unlock them. They already increased or are going to increase the amount of valor you get from dungeons and scenarios.

    What I agree on is that there could be another way to get reputation. You can grind mobs for Klaxxi and Golden Lotus reputation but that's not very efficient. Maybe dungeon dailies that give you reputation? That way they can limit it unlike tabards in the past and it still has some fun aspect.

    Removing reputation requirements all together for valor gear is just bad. It's just as boring, doesn't add anything to the game at all. There should be some grind(s) to upgrade your gear/character otherwise you are just sitting in a city again doing nothing.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    No not even remotely close. It's night and day honestly. Cataclysm had so much more variety in what it did than in mists. Literally 95% of the mists quests were kill and collect. Their was so little variety. I had a couple of flying quests and the one quest to snip the people on top of the mountain. That was it. Go back and do zones in cata and look at the variety again. I tamed a fucking sea horse in cataclysm ffs. I chased bear cubs up a tree and threw them onto trampolines to rescue them. That level of variety wasn't to be found in mists. Well at least in so far as I quested.
    I didn't experience it like that at all. Cataclysm is just as full with collect/kill quests.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •