Thread: DK is OP!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    since everyone is talking about the vengeance bit. didn't blizzard say that although tank dps is very high right now it will even out when people get into the later tiers of gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    since everyone is talking about the vengeance bit. didn't blizzard say that although tank dps is very high right now it will even out when people get into the later tiers of gear?
    This, and I don't know about any of you guys but I am topping the meter as 2h frost with our Monk tank in 2nd/3rd, with our other dps not to far behind, and our warrior tank in last (prot seriously needs a DPS buff if only to keep it in line).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    This, and I don't know about any of you guys but I am topping the meter as 2h frost with our Monk tank in 2nd/3rd, with our other dps not to far behind, and our warrior tank in last (prot seriously needs a DPS buff if only to keep it in line).
    yeah, tanks won't be getting hit any harder (so vengeance AP won't increase) but dps will start getting their set bonuses and more stats.
    prot can pull some good dps though. best when they have multiple things hitting them so they can spam revenge though

Oddly enough EVERYBODY can be a DK and do it so no it doesn't need to be nerfed. It doesn't even matter anymore with how they changed how mounts drop and loot obtained from bosses. Don't worry enough people already cried about deathstrike so we getting the healing on that nerfed in pvp. The only people it affects is those who run blood in pvp but QQ'ers always try to get their class buffed so they can kill anybody anytime anywhere

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yeah, tanks won't be getting hit any harder (so vengeance AP won't increase) but dps will start getting their set bonuses and more stats.
    prot can pull some good dps though. best when they have multiple things hitting them so they can spam revenge though
    You are right. I only top the meters 1 out of 5 heroics now because ppl are getting lucky in LFR+
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Shhh...Don't tell everyone or we won't be OP any more.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure a warrior could do most of that aswell, in similar gear. Same goes for paladins and druids. 100% avoidance isn't something that impresses me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=222775

That's a DK...soloing all of ICC25(minus those 2 pesky bosses) with 7 heroic kills~...at level 80. wat.

Just saw it, thought more peoples need to see it!

Edited out an error.
    It's because the stat scaling at level 80 is insane right now, that's the only reason this is possible.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    Pretty sure a warrior could do most of that aswell, in similar gear. Same goes for paladins and druids. 100% avoidance isn't something that impresses me.
    Paladins can actually do more ;P

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atius/advanced

item level 409 items with level 80 + 30% buff...

its just godmode with those items , nothing hard but finding the gear ;X

yeah grats for doing it but im not impressed :|

there is a mage doing solo ulduar with the same gear
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2012-10-31 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one time that a nerf EVER came around because of a DK soloing something was a nerf to the fight itself- they made it to where Val'Kyrs didn't pick up ppl IF they were the only one there.

Also, by the time 5.4 rolls around, we will see Hunter, DK, Druid, Paladin, Warrior, Warlock, AND Monk solos of LK 25 heroic. LK 10 heroic was done with quite a ways off on the enrage by multiple classes, so LK 25 heroic just needs some better gear and g2g.

The only classes that CANT solo much are Priests, Mages, and Shamans, the poor guys.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    Yea, they did, simply because tank dps will scale with the encounter, and not so much with gear. If each raid tier has 10% more tank damage then the last, then we will see a 10% increase in damage for tanks, and another 10% with gear- unlike DPS, who generally increase 3x the amount with gear (Starter dps in Naxx did 2k, 10k in ICC. Start dps in Cata did 18k, 50k+ in DS. Starter dps doing 60k now, 220k by the end of T16H
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    @90 blood dk cant do this kind of shit they are nerfing dk im even thinking of swithing to a lock again ppl do 80-90k dps with ease at the launch of mop dk did 50-60 dps on bosses as tank now you barely get 40k with tank gear no bulshit tank with dps gear thinking he's a tank

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    @90 blood dk cant do this kind of shit they are nerfing dk im even thinking of swithing to a lock again ppl do 80-90k dps with ease at the launch of mop dk did 50-60 dps on bosses as tank now you barely get 40k with tank gear no bulshit tank with dps gear thinking he's a tank
    What nerf? The only thing I can think of is that DS wont get the extra healing from incoming damage in PvP (thought I dont think it does now).

And your second point is about tank dps, which should be lower then a DPS specs or we everyone would just spec tank. Also the reason your seeing less tank damage is probably more to do with: DPS getting better gear -> killing bosses faster = less vengence then at launch.

Tanks are doing less dps now because of the vengeance nerfs.

What a stupid thread.
    It has always been this way for DKs, it will always be this way for DKs. Blizz likes it that way, get used to it or stfu and make a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The one time that a nerf EVER came around because of a DK soloing something was a nerf to the fight itself- they made it to where Val'Kyrs didn't pick up ppl IF they were the only one there.

Also, by the time 5.4 rolls around, we will see Hunter, DK, Druid, Paladin, Warrior, Warlock, AND Monk solos of LK 25 heroic. LK 10 heroic was done with quite a ways off on the enrage by multiple classes, so LK 25 heroic just needs some better gear and g2g.

The only classes that CANT solo much are Priests, Mages, and Shamans, the poor guys.[COLOR="red"]
    Hey, i just solo'd Saphiron and KT 25man as enhance...leave me alone =P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    True as that may be, There's a reason only a DK has done it. No other class could kill heroic LK25 at level 80 - hell I doubt any could do it at level 90 atm.
    Idd. 39% wipe says "hi" http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9195/lk39.png

Deleted
    No, 100% avoidance isnt rly helpful againts magic dmg, and every boss has some... soo for example when LK would use infest.... gl on surviving that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    open video and: 80 DK solo : Icecrown citadel 25 10/12 (7 on heroic)

GG

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 11:36 PM ----------

still loosing in dps to tanks? lol
    yup vengeance need a change, dont come here and say it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    yup vengeance need a change, dont come here and say it's fine.
    Vengence is fine, the high dps is just a byproduct of the dps being under geared, which in turn made the fight last longer and made vengence stack higher. I already out dps my guilds tanks, hell everyone out dps our prot warrior and our brewmaster tank is usually in the of the middle pack.

Not to mention having tank damage higher mean faster progression for most guilds, so why is this even an issue?

Dont like it? Dont play it. Mad you cant do it? Make your own and shut that whine box of yours.