Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    From what i heard, aslong as what ever you are DWing against same ilvl 2h, DW is better damage/dps wise.
    assuming they are also itemized the same as well.

    if you have 2 489 1h weps that are itemized poorly, and a 489 2h that is itemized well, the 2h will do more damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

  2. #22
    Next time tell those buffoons that blizzard equalized both 2hand and dual wielding so it wouldn't matter as it's about the preference. That being said, if you weren't using heirlooms, and you had both, go with the better stats, that simple!

  3. #23
    Until 60 dual wield will be a bit better because of the more flexible enchantments. Dual crusader/lifeleech=invincible mode

  4. #24
    Depends on your enchants. I'd argue a crusader + 1h agility > 2h agility. Either way doesn't make you an idiot, though because it really doesn't matter at all.

    I used my staff just because I thought it looked cool even though I have a crusader dalrends and agility thrash blade. /shrug

  5. #25
    Using staff, I'm 70 at the moment and feel things just going well, also I like jump in to tank some dungeons that havn't done yrs.

  6. #26
    Dreadlord Kyuubi87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Wushu View Post
    I disagree. You are thinking about single target dps.

    The dmg buff of DW will likely work out to be far superior to a staves increased atk speed due to AoE.

    The best way to level is AoE, be it AoE Quest mobs or AoE instances.
    A faster auto-atk will do next to nothing for AoE dmg, especially after you get spinning crane kick and you basically don't auto-atk at all.

    Therefore, DW is far superior.
    I never said there wasn't a difference, the difference however is insignificant while leveling.

  7. #27
    I'm doing dual wielding, simply because I like the look of the maces /shrug.

    Doesn't really matter, choose what you like best!

  8. #28
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    since you're human, mace will give you extra expertise that the staff will not
    Humans get extra expertise with both swords and maces.

    So in this case the dual wielding also grants 1% free expertise compared to using a staff.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I er. Wow. Takes skill to be so ignorant, I think!

    The correct answer to this question is 'whatever you feel like', even at level 90. Just go for the one you prefer. The difference is so tiny that it's completely arbitrary; just go for what you like best, or the weapon with the better stats/higher ilevel.
    Why do morons have to act like a douche when they think they found someone make a mistake....

    I don't normally dps, but I know SCK did significantly more dmg with DW wpns of same Ilvl.
    Last edited by Wushu; 2012-10-31 at 05:39 AM.

  10. #30
    No significant difference. You can point to trivialities all you want, the bottom line is they're both very good, and you won't actually notice a difference, even if there is one. Which there isn't.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    No significant difference. You can point to trivialities all you want, the bottom line is they're both very good, and you won't actually notice a difference, even if there is one. Which there isn't.
    No. You are just regurgitating what everyone else said without understanding it. That comment was made in reference to single target dmg.


    In AoE, DW is better.

    I am looking at my char sheet right now.

    SCK
    2h 363 staff = 10,250 dmg 0.67 sec
    DW 363 = 11,450 dmg 0.67 sec

  12. #32
    No, I'm regurgitating my entire 1-90 leveling experience, where I tried both.

    AoE is only so effective, and stops being nearly as effective as soon as leveling stops becoming completely trivial in the first place. It's still useful if you're a Brewmaster, so in that case it may be relevant. Except the OP said he was leveling windwalker.

    I'd appreciate you not inventing reasons for my posts, because you know nothing about me or my experiences. Try being not quite so arrogant, it will make you not look like such a jerk.
    Last edited by Dreyo; 2012-10-31 at 06:06 AM.

  13. #33
    Double mace is the best because of the haste on them. It is such a tiny amount and if you have boa gear you are doing 5 times the dmg you need to anyways so it matters little. At 30 or so you can spit out the dmg ppl were doing in progression Kara, mags and gruuls runs. Based on that alone you should be just fine.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 11:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    since you're human, mace will give you extra expertise that the staff will not


    The best reason provided to pick one or the other so far.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  14. #34
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    No, I'm regurgitating my entire 1-90 leveling experience, where I tried both.
    You probably wouldn't notice a 5% difference unless you looked at actual numbers for it, though.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    You probably wouldn't notice a 5% difference unless you looked at actual numbers for it, though.
    Which is exactly what I said, actually.

  16. #36
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Which is exactly what I said, actually.
    My point is that just "feeling" the damage won't let you know whether one is better or not. A 5% difference is hard to notice while playing, but does make a difference overall. It's going to add up to an enormous amount of damage over the entire 1-90 experience, however. Even a small damage increase may well cut hours off your leveling time.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  17. #37
    If you can't feel the difference, then the difference doesn't exist. Not for this context, at least.

    And no, small percentage gains are not usually relevant in leveling. If you're killing mobs in two hits, increasing your damage by 10% won't actually increase your killing rate by 10%. It might if you're chainpulling, and are literally never out of combat, but sadly mobs tend to be spaced much farther apart than I'd have liked to be able to do this effectively.

    Small percentage gains will start to matter once you hit Pandaria, and solo combat takes more time and has more downtime. But then the argument that you should be SCKing falls apart, since you won't survive doing that with an appreciably useful number of mobs (not without significant downtime, at least with WW, which is what the OP is playing. If you're BM, go nuts with the aoe-pulls).

  18. #38
    You don't two hit things outside of like level 10. (which isn't even true at all for pandas, cuz you don't even get heirlooms till like 13)

    The best place I found to level was instances, and I was certainly not two shotting those elites.

    10% dmg increase = 3% increased leveling speed
    6 days played to get to level 90 = 144 hours
    0.03 * 144 hours = 4.3 hours

  19. #39
    Well, I was a tauren, so I did have heirlooms at 1. And things certainly were dying in 2-3 globals for quite some time. Twoshot may have been a slight exaggeration, but it takes quite a bit more than 2-3 seconds for a 5-10% increase in damage to turn into an increase in killing speed.

    Yeah, if you're soloing dungeons, then small percentage increases are useful. But that's rather atypical play, and not something people immediately think to do. They probably should, I suppose, but tuning advice for what someone is actually doing is going to be more useful.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardemon View Post
    I honestly do not see what the difference is in this for leveling, but seeming how I got harassed in an instance earlier today, I am gonna ask. I have the staff, and I have the One handed agility mace and the main hand agility sword. I am leveling windwalker and having such a great time doing so. I was asked today why I wasn't using the staff while I level. My answer I gave thought was fair. I said I am using dual wielding right now, because from what I have read dual wielding is what level 90 monks are using. I just like the look and the feel of the dual wielding weapons. I figured they would be better and I would soon use the staff when I went brewmaster. What do you guys think? Here is my link.



    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A5n/advanced
    Your first problem, was listening to someone in LFD.

    Generally speaking, the less intelligently someone tells you to do something, the less they actually know what they're talking about.

    "Staff is higher DPS"
    "Why?"
    ..."lol ur a noob. l2p" = "I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about"

    If they're not willing to tell you why DW was the wrong way to go (which at endgame, it is not.) why it's relevant to low level content.


    Frankly. DW sims higher. I've been stuck with a staff for most of progression (people kept stealing my offhand) and just got a new fist weapon last night.

    I did not notice a significant damage increase (though I still need to rebalance stats and get it enchanted.)

    I'm guessing though, that uptime on enchants is going to be higher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •