Poll: US Presidential Election - predict the outcome

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocolypticTampon View Post
    Romney wins. disgruntled democrats and inner-city criminal element riots allowing Obama to declare federal martial law, (see Federal Martial Law Act of 2009) allowing the president to suspend the election, statutes of the constitution (primarily 1st, 2nd and 4th amendments) essentially setting himself up as DE-facto dictator.
    Pitching an idea for a post-apocalyptic movie? Get Michael Bay to direct and you could make yourself millions!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Obama looks to have decent leads in several battleground states, and small but significant leads in most of the others. Romney looks to only have 2 of the battlegrounds.

Republicans seem to be pinning their hopes on Gallup, who are a huge outlier and thus likely to be pretty wrong. Pollsters--as an aggregate--tend to be very good. Gallup on their own have had some pretty bad results, and have had some really odd and wild swings in their polls, suggesting poor methodology.
    But what a liberal wont tell you is that those polls are biased +5 to +8 to the democrats , take that out and it's no contest ROMNEY!
    I used to love going to the beach during summer, until Greenpeace started trying to push me back in the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever wins, America loses.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a chance that Romney will spark WW3 by further talking shit about China.

Romney ideals: Doesn't want another war, says he'll put $3 Trillion more into the Military. Talks shit about people who have our balls in their hands.

Both lose, hopefully.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Romney ftw.

Do foreign people on here even know anything about him? I never really know much about other candidates around the world till they actually take office.

Romney looks to have completely reversed Obama's lead in battleground states, and holds small but significant leads in most of the others.

If the polls say it's a "dead heat/tie/tossup", the Republican always wins. It's history.

I'm leaning on Romney, both for personal preference and reality. I mean sure, he's a warmongering gay-hating abortion-restricting example of white privilege, but I don't even want to think about the alternative for long enough to make a slew of comments about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglorious View Post
    Romney ftw.

Do foreign people on here even know anything about him? I never really know much about other candidates around the world till they actually take office.
    I'm pretty sure the world follows US elections more than US citizens do. After all chances are that Romney won't be dropping bombs on the US itself when he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by thatbezoguy View Post
    Whoever wins, America loses.
    That's become very cliche.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm leaning on Romney, both for personal preference and reality. I mean sure, he's a warmongering gay-hating abortion-restricting example of white privilege, but I don't even want to think about the alternative for long enough to make a slew of comments about him.
    Do tell. I'd like to hear what's worse than Romney.

There will always be a Lich King

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglorious View Post
    Romney ftw.

Does anyone know very much about him? He flip-flops on his stances so much that he could be spun as a conservative republican, a moderate, or sometimes even liberal.

All I know about Romney is that he lies. A lot. He isn't someone I want running the country.

When was the last time we had a "no clear winner"?

I honestly think it'll end up being Obama again. Either way we'll have plenty of people angry with the decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Do tell. I'd like to hear what's worse than Romney.
    Someone who digs the country deeper into debt, bails out bad companies, increases the size of government without the accounting work to back it up, and tries to cut freedom of speech to appease barbarians on the other side of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I think this will be another year like 2000. At least one critical state will not be too close to call at the end of the night, and the campaigns enter limbo again.

How about this:

1. Obama takes Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nevada.

2. Romney takes Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, and Colorado.

3. BOTH New Hampshire and Ohio end the night "too close to call".

4. We wake up Wednesday morning and the score is Obama 259, Romney 257.

5. New Hampshire's count becomes academic. Ohio decides the white house. We go through more recounts and legal proceedings. Romney eventually carries Ohio and wins.

I found another hilarious outcome. This one is not my prediction but check this out:

1. Obama takes Ohio and Wisconsin.

2. Romney takes Florida, North Carolina, Iowa, Colorado and Nevada.

3. New Hampshire is too close to call.

4. This puts us at Romney 269, Obama 265.

5. Obama now cannot be president. Romney has won. However, the vice-president is undecided. If Obama carries New Hampshire, Biden is vice president. Otherwise, Ryan is vice-president.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 07:59 PM ----------

I think he has suspect methodology. He argues that a poll leans left or right not on its own merits, but how it stacks up against the sea of polls. Its as if he believes the sea polls, when taken together, is unbiased, which is a silly idea.

He also admitted to taking money from the Obama campaign in 2008.
    the vice president is referred to as a running mate for a reason..

Someone who digs the country deeper into debt, bails out bad companies, increases the size of government without the accounting work to back it up, and tries to cut freedom of speech to appease barbarians on the other side of the planet.
    So people like President Bush?

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Plainly put, a household is a not a country.
    And plainlIER put, if you ran your household like the previous administration ran the country (See: mortgage bubble, worst crisis since the Great Depression, due to deregulation) you'd probably go to jail.

Really the only person that comes to mind with that description is Bush.

Why is this even a discussion? Anyone even remotely informed as to how the electoral system works has known for months that Obama has had a massive lead over Romney.

It saddens me that so many people are uninformed to the point that they actually believe he has a chance. News flash: Elections aren't decided by the popular vote. If they were, Al Gore would have been our president for a likely 8 years.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics