10+ Year Old Account

Mel'jarak question: Can the adds heal the boss?

Hey everyone who tested raids in beta, I have a quick question for you.

If you were to leave the battle-menders up as the last set and just let them chain cast would they only be able to heal each other but not the boss while you finished off the boss?

I couldn't find a clear answer anywhere so I'm asking you guys. The strat I'm working on involves cc'ing 2/3 healers the whole time until they are the only adds up and then just ignoring healers and dpsing boss. If they can heal the boss it sort of voids this strat so I wanted to cast a line out to you guys and see if anyone had any input.
    Last edited by edlike; 2012-10-30 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From playing on beta im 99.99% sure they can't heal the boss.

Memory getting a little foggy, though
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

anything can change from beta but just try it out and tell us how you went
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tooltip for mending : " Heals a group of Mel'jarak swarm for 35% of their maximum health" . It kinda leads me to think that it can not heal the boss , but we defo need to wait for live in order to confirm it.
    If it's not healing the boss then your strategy would turn out to be rather valid considering the fact that boss is getting +50% dmg dealt buff after each group of adds is being killed.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

By the time the last group is alive, they melt so fast there isn't a reason not to. You get more and more damage on the boss as you kill packs.

I don't recall them ever healing the boss, they only give him a haste buff that you have to dispel.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    By the time the last group is alive, they melt so fast there isn't a reason not to. You get more and more damage on the boss as you kill packs.
    The thought is that 100% damage on the boss will be sufficient without having to interrupt 3 adds at the same time. I don't know how fast they cast the heal (2.5s cast but how frequently?) but it seems like it would be fairly annoying to deal with if you can just let them do their thing and focus boss at this point.

Would also like to know if this works once someone reaches this boss today.