Exclamation EVGA 02G-P4-3664-KR GTX 660 Ti or MSI GTX 660 Ti N660????

Hi I am trying to build a gaming PC for the first time and I have a VERY HARD time choosing some of the conponent...I would thanks in advance for any input!

So MSI GTX 660 Ti N660 definitely has a very good reputation.
    And the newEVGA 02G-P4-3664-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti has a little more in terms of Core Clock and boost clock.
    But there are any reviews or articles about EVGA 3664-KR and MSI GTX 660 Ti N660 seems to have more features and better built (from product description, such as Dust Removal technology, quieter, MILITARY CLASS III etc.)

Here is what I ordered already so far:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    RAM:Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (This is free)
    POWER: Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-450-M 450W ATX12V v2.31 & EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
    SSD: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7PC128B/WW
    DVD: Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE 22X SATA DVDRW Internal Drive (Black), Bulk without Software
    So far: $524.21

Not order yet:
    Hard drive: Not sure if I should get "Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive" at $90 because my friend said this price I can get a 2 TB.

Case: Any suggestion? So far I have these in mind but no idea which one should I choose Antec One Computer Case $44.99, Antec Three Hundred Two Gaming Case $54.98, and NZXT Technologies TEMPEST 210 $54.99. All any other better than these? I just need USB 3.0. And I wonder why there is no integrated SD card slot for cases...my old lenovo desktop case has one...

Monitor: I am waiting for a deal for a good 27'' screen (should be less than $300). ASUS has one for $306 while Viewsonic has one for $250, but I am not sure I should go with that brand.

Keyboard and mouse: I haven't start looking yet. I just need a cheap but good quality set. Any suggestion is welcome.

Sorry I posted more question then intended....The graphic card is the main question and I will appreciate your help with other question as well!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Theomania; 2012-10-30 at 02:08 AM.

The pricepoint of the 660 Ti is too high other cards are out currently with better performance and cost the same, 660 Ti is $80~ more expensive than the 7870 and they are a dead even match for the most part. If your looking to spend $300~ 7950 or atleast a cheaper 670 imo.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-10-30 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks! The cheapest 670 is like 350 (after rebates), and I don't want to go that high...from reviews and 3dmarks score it seems MSI GTX 660 Ti (overclocked) has better performance and price/performance ratio.

If you really need that 2TB you can get a 2TB HDD WD Caviar Green with intellipower. They're nice in speed and complety not hearable. The speed difference between green & black, seriously 30MB/s you ain't going to feel that. Every HDD is slow and they all get slower & slower..

If you don't need the Extra TB just go for the black then.

If you aren't an overclocker, go for the evga since it has a decent heatsink & fans on it. Evga is just so much better in warranty & service. The MSI cools better than the EVGA which is better for OC'ing.

Well I agree to rather buy the 7950 than the gtx 660 ti as a nvidia fan. But if you want to spend 100eur more just buy the 7970 or gtx 670. I'll prefer the 7970 still over the gtx 670.

At high resolutions nvidia cards are being mashed hard from google maps. AMD is better for resolutions like 5760x1080 or 2500x1440 (whatever it was)

One special thing if you want to OC: Nvidia is currently not allowing to increase the voltage of the GPU. It's max 1.175V which is the stock. AMD cards don't have a limitation.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theomania View Post
    Thanks! The cheapest 670 is like 350 (after rebates), and I don't want to go that high...from reviews and 3dmarks score it seems MSI GTX 660 Ti (overclocked) has better performance and price/performance ratio.
    http://www.sicomputers.nl/club3d-ati...dr5-pci-e.html

7970 going for 300eur lol but it's a reference card.

Thanks! Yeah I am also a photography and need to store a lot of photos so more space will be handy for me. What's the difference between green and black?

So you are saying MSI has better cooling but EVGA has better service?

From this chart it seems like 7950 is a little more expansive with lower 3Dmarks score: community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+660+Ti/review
    Do you have a specific 7950 model recommendation? Thanks!

Both cards I mentioned are already OCed by the manufacturer I believe so I do not plan to do any more

Thanks! Yeah I am also a photography and need to store a lot of photos so more space will be handy for me. What's the difference between green and black?

So you are saying MSI has better cooling but EVGA has better service?

From this chart it seems like 7950 is a little more expansive with lower 3Dmarks score: community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+660+Ti/review
    Do you have a specific 7950 model recommendation? Thanks!

Both cards I mentioned are already OCed by the manufacturer I believe so I do not plan to do any more
    The difference between the black is mainly that they're build of higher quality components and running 7200RPM they're just meant for pure performance & reliability and gets 7 years warranty. The green is only running at 5400RPM with 2 years warranty and lower quality components but they sure are performing great and are really solid HDD's and even reliable but they're mainly meant for storage. But my green is even loading games fine. If you only only use an hdd for storage go for red because they're pure designed for it. Also another option the red & green have is intellipower, if the HDD is barely being used they operate at a lower RPM which means the hdd would live longer.

My Seagate 7200RPM is even losing from my WD10EZRX.

Even if a black is going to load a game 3seconds faster I don't really care. I only put games which I'm playing often on my HDD. Games like WoW & BF3 which im playing daily are on my SSD.

An advise I could give is: Windows turns the the 2nd, 3rd hdd's etc automatically off and if you start to browse it has a few seconds like 5-10s delay before you can open anything so just turn that function in advanced power management in Windows off so the HDD keeps it heat up.

The charts you linked were without the Performance boost from the AMD 12.11 driver. http://www.sicomputers.nl/geforce-gt...i-top-2gb.html

Honestly I won't go for any MSI/EVGA in your place. Asus Directcu2 ftw especially TOP. The gpu's of the top graphics cards are handpicked btw just means that they surely will run the boost clock stable. Some gpu chips are not reaching those speeds.

If you get a cheap gtx 670 around 350eur it's with a reference cooler which are loud and running hot. The Asus dc2t gtx 670 costs 380eur in benelux while the Asus 7950 dc2t costs 320eur. (Both are topversions)

Well another thing about nvidia vs amd are the drivers. I didnt like the amd drivers and always hated them so I went for nvidia. If you want to place safe and have less problems with drivers go for Nvidia..

I don't know if the amd drivers are currently good so people who have it should say it.

Never buy a card like this "OMG this card gives 3 more fps and I'm gonna pay 100eur more for it"

Frames arent everything.

Deleted
    where you live also has quite an influance on evga/msi/asus ,evga in north america getting lifetimy warranty or something allong those lines iirc
    also hdd just get a WD green last time i tested mine it reached +-120/125 mb/s and it's allot cheaper compared to a black.
    coolers are also just personal choice, got evga 4gb sc gtx 670 and i think i never seen it reach the 80's (and considering gpu thermal limit is around 105 degrees) still plenty of clearance. loudness is subjective but my 140mm side fan from noctua is louder stock gpu coolers aren't the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    where you live also has quite an influance on evga/msi/asus ,evga in north america getting lifetimy warranty or something allong those lines iirc
    also hdd just get a WD green last time i tested mine it reached +-120/125 mb/s and it's allot cheaper compared to a black.
    coolers are also just personal choice, got evga 4gb sc gtx 670 and i think i never seen it reach the 80's (and considering gpu thermal limit is around 105 degrees) still plenty of clearance. loudness is subjective but my 140mm side fan from noctua is louder stock gpu coolers aren't the end of the world.
    Thanks! I live in USA right now. I will go with the WD green then I think

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    The difference between the black is mainly that they're build of higher quality components and running 7200RPM they're just meant for pure performance & reliability and gets 7 years warranty. The green is only running at 5400RPM with 2 years warranty and lower quality components but they sure are performing great and are really solid HDD's and even reliable but they're mainly meant for storage. But my green is even loading games fine. If you only only use an hdd for storage go for red because they're pure designed for it. Also another option the red & green have is intellipower, if the HDD is barely being used they operate at a lower RPM which means the hdd would live longer.

My Seagate 7200RPM is even losing from my WD10EZRX.

Even if a black is going to load a game 3seconds faster I don't really care. I only put games which I'm playing often on my HDD. Games like WoW & BF3 which im playing daily are on my SSD.

An advise I could give is: Windows turns the the 2nd, 3rd hdd's etc automatically off and if you start to browse it has a few seconds like 5-10s delay before you can open anything so just turn that function in advanced power management in Windows off so the HDD keeps it heat up.

The charts you linked were without the Performance boost from the AMD 12.11 driver.

Honestly I won't go for any MSI/EVGA in your place. Asus Directcu2 ftw especially TOP. The gpu's of the top graphics cards are handpicked btw just means that they surely will run the boost clock stable. Some gpu chips are not reaching those speeds.

If you get a cheap gtx 670 around 350eur it's with a reference cooler which are loud and running hot. The Asus dc2t gtx 670 costs 380eur in benelux while the Asus 7950 dc2t costs 320eur. (Both are topversions)

Well another thing about nvidia vs amd are the drivers. I didnt like the amd drivers and always hated them so I went for nvidia. If you want to place safe and have less problems with drivers go for Nvidia..

I don't know if the amd drivers are currently good so people who have it should say it.

Never buy a card like this "OMG this card gives 3 more fps and I'm gonna pay 100eur more for it"

Frames arent everything.

Thanks! I live in USA right now so I think the prices are different for us. The card you recommend is a lot more expensive than MSI and EVGA I am considering...
    Yeah you are right frames aren't everything. I think 660Ti within$300 has good price/performance ratio..

Thanks! I live in USA right now. I will go with the WD green then I think

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 02:32 PM ----------

Thanks! I live in USA right now so I think the prices are different for us. The card you recommend is a lot more expensive than MSI and EVGA I am considering...
    Yeah you are right frames aren't everything. I think 660Ti within$300 has good price/performance ratio..
    No problem and have fun with that card

Well there's also an asus 660ti with dc2

Check this benchmark to compare. The Asus was performing less than the most of the cards, but they've improved it with their new bios.

http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/3117...gy-consumption