How can I convert dvd to iphone and extract audio from it?

Hey guys, I think I need some advice.I've bought a Riverdance DVD and now I want to

convert some parts of the show to my iphone so that I can watch while boring. And also I

would like to extract some classic audio clips from it and convert them to mp3 format(or

other format that I can play on iphone).Can you tell me the best software you've used to do

that?Thanks so much.

Is it a protected DVD? If this I think it need some professional software to do it, but it seems illegal...
    Last edited by Jackerry; 2012-10-30 at 10:06 AM.

Some tools can rip DVDs from DRM...

You can buy it from itunes store(if there is the show you want).But I guess you don't want to, so you'll have to use a DVD ripper or DVD to iphone converter.I once used Cucusoft DVD to iPhone Converter to convert DVD to iphone mp4 format.It's a simple one, only need a few steps and the outcome is quite well I think.As for mp3, you only need to change your output format setting to mp3 format.

If you need further instruction, the following two articles will show you how to do it:
    How to Convert DVD movie to iPhone MP4 format on PC
    How to convert DVD to iPhone MP4 video files on Mac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxwell View Post
    Some tools can rip DVDs from DRM...
    officially, this is illegal in the US under the DMCA

I think I know the right software because I am using the ripper now.I use Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper to rip some clips out of DVD concert all the time. it supports Blu-Ray and DVD as input format and almost every popular format such as mp4,mov,mpg.mkv.wmv.avi.etc as output video format.
    And you can choose "Common Audio" to find out more audio format like mp3, wma, AC3, AAC.etc.If you're using Macbook, it also has another version for Mac uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my Mac, I use HandBrake for ripping DVDs, after that, I'm not sure how you can take audio from it directly other than recording it direct in through Garageband or something similar. I have no experience doing this on my PC, however.

There're different softwares for different computer.For PC users, you can use Cucusoft DVD Ripper Ultimate, which converts DVDs to play on almost any portable device including iPad, iPod, iPhone, iPod touch, iPod video nano, Zune, PSP, video-capable MP3 players, video-capable mobile phones, Pocket PC, etc.
    And for Macbook users you can choose Mac DVD Ripper, a Powerful DVD ripper to rip DVD movie to AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, 3GP, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, AAC, AC3 on Mac.

This should help. It can rip DVD and extract audio to mp3, aac.
    best-macdvdripper.com

You can buy it from itunes store(if there is the show you want).But I guess you don't want to, so you'll have to use a DVD ripper or DVD to iphone converter.I once used Cucusoft DVD to iPhone Converter to convert DVD to iphone mp4 format.It's a simple one, only need a few steps and the outcome is quite well I think.As for mp3, you only need to change your output format setting to mp3 format.

If you need further instruction, the following two articles will show you how to do it:
    How to Convert DVD movie to iPhone MP4 format on PC
    w w w.m-reviews.com/how-to-Convert-DVD-movie-to-iPhone-MP4-format-on-PC.html
    How to convert DVD to iPhone MP4 video files on Mac
    w w w.m-reviews.com/how-to-convert-DVD-to-iPhone-MP4-video-files-on-Mac.html

Can a mod lock this topic and (probably) ban retractors37 and youtuy. They have only 1 or two lifetime posts, their last 2 posts we nearly identical, and retractors37 is the guy who made the thread in the first place.

Clearly just someone trying to covertly advertise their ripping software