10+ Year Old Account

12.10 driver for my ATI AMD graphic card..

Hello there, I'm currently using 7970 sapphire graphic card and I recently updated my driver to 12.10 (wish I didn't do it...) and ever since I did it recently more than twice per 6 hours at least I'm getting my entire pc freezes while playing WoW to the point I'm forced to hard restart my pc by pressing the button.

The question is ...is that a common problem? and what can be the solution..I tried everything possible from scanning my entire pc to reinstall WoW... can I somehow downgrade and go back to driver version 12.9 easily? and if I do that do you think it will solve the problem?

please help this is really frustrating me it started at 23 of Oct....

Thanks for reading.

Try this driver instead. You may want to run Driver Sweeper after using the AMD uninstaller.

Never fix it, if it ain't broke

Which drivers did you use before? Use them again.

Also it's recommended if you install another driver update or downgrading, you firstly have to delete the driver in control panel > reboot > run driver sweeper > reboot > Install

Driverssweeper recently changed into driverfusion -> http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

If you want you can follow this http://benchmark3d.com/how-to-comple...ove-any-driver I do the "My Way" whenever I update. Probably a lot more than is necessary but I just like being safe even if it's a hassle.

Found this on the US tech support forums, Maybe it will have something to help velshin
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4838103854
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

I had an issue with this driver.
    Computer was working fine until I made an upgrade from XP to Win7 64 yesterday, so basicallly my driver are brand new, I did not update my video card driver in the last couple of month. So I did not have any issue with my old system ( crappy core 2 duo 2,4)

Now brand new PC (i7-3770) and brand new Driver for my Radeon 5770, while playing WoW keep freezing and crashing

I have lower the resolution in WoW and keep freezing and crashing

So in Catalyst Control Center I made some adjustement to my fan speed (faster) and the problem is fix and I'm still using the new driver.
    So perhaps if you do adjustement to your fan speed ? Maybe it's overheating ? , I am a bit concern about the *new* process of this driver

Ok, we are not on the same padge concerning the video card but maybe it could help ?
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2012-10-31 at 12:14 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've got the exact same thing. Able to play for maybe 20-30 minutes, then screen freezes although music/films in the background plays for about 10 more seconds. Have to restart the computer to play again. erhm, I've got default settings on both of my cards, as I'm running X-fire with 5770's and fan at 95%.
    Using the 12.10 drivers as well, and it still happens here.

* I also get this when playing games like CS:GO and "Heavy games" - Might be the heat idd
    Last edited by Hellgrom; 2013-01-08 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrom View Post
    I've got the exact same thing. Able to play for maybe 20-30 minutes, then screen freezes although music/films in the background plays for about 10 more seconds. Have to restart the computer to play again. erhm, I've got default settings on both of my cards, as I'm running X-fire with 5770's and fan at 95%.
    Using the 12.10 drivers as well, and it still happens here.

* I also get this when playing games like CS:GO and "Heavy games" - Might be the heat idd
    Did you try the 12.11Beta drivers like suggested?
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth, I seem to have the same problem with a Saphire 6950. However I thought the problems started prior to my driver upgrade (it was performance issues and crashes in 5.1 that prompted me to get the latest drivers).

Also, from the thread on the Blizzard forums, have you tried switching back to DX9 for WoW? I have not, but will be doing so.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2013-01-08 at 05:31 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    These are seperate issues, Hellgrom and Kujako.

7xx0 cards in combination with WoW (and Total War games too I think) running with DirectX11 make the computer completely freeze (sound keeps running though). The easiest fix for this problem is to run WoW in a DirectX9, which solves all crashes, but resulted in a 15fps drop on my 7850 when running the game on Ultra 1080p, so it is not the best option.
    The other fix that I know of is running the beta 12.11 drivers, which certainly make things better, but I'm not sure if it fixes all crashes.

Downgrading to 12.9 has no reason (I think Windows XP doesnt support DX11, so you never had the issue there) , the issue is in since 12.4, but switching to that driver is an similair decrease in fps as switching to DX9 for WoW, but will also make the rest of your games run slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    These are seperate issues, Hellgrom and Kujako.
    Seems related as I get the same behavior described and only in WoW (shrug).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-