Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Bugged to death!

Its death by bugs at the moment for Swtor!

Anyones else having the following problems

* Load screens are loading up behind your spell bar, and is not clearing your screen first
    * WZ heavy lagging
    * Nova Coast when you Play your the only one in the WZ
    * Queing for WZ logs you out!
    * My Guild tab says im guildless even though im in a guild!
    * Loosing WZ, in Hutball, even though we have scored more goals
    * Bugged dailys in Ilum and BEL, and BH that were supposed to be fixed 2/3 patches back!

Im sure all of you can name more! -

Come on BW, its a delecate time, their reputation hangs in the balance and they have butter fingers!

Fueling their own demise with rookie errors! - It just reeks of lack of interest, like their doing the absolute minimum to keep this game alive!!!

* Load screens are loading up behind your spell bar, and is not clearing your screen first
    yay a visual bug in loading screens, how game breaking o_0
    * WZ heavy lagging
    not encountered yet
    not encountered yet
    not encountered yet
    not encountered yet
    not encountered yet
    * Bugged dailys in Ilum and BEL, and BH that were supposed to be fixed 2/3 patches back!
    not encountered yet

yeah, to sum it up - seems you play a different game. But those loading screens with bar overlay are a real argument - NOT..!
    Sorry, but dont know why you have so many buggs, already tried to repair / re-install the game?

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

The worst is the 6/7 man Vs 8 man WZs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    It just reeks of lack of interest, like their doing the absolute minimum to keep this game alive!!!
    This pretty much sums it up, my friend.

Hell, it took them 2 or 3 attempts to fix bugs back when the game still had an audience. I can't imagine their incentive has increased all of a sudden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on BW, its a delecate time, their reputation hangs in the balance and they have butter fingers!
    Really? Like losing sixty to eighty percent of their customers, laying off lots of staff, having quite a few folks "decide" to leave, including the two that founded the company, has not taken care of that already?

Fueling their own demise with rookie errors! - It just reeks of lack of interest, like their doing the absolute minimum to keep this game alive!!!
    Its takes people to find, report, and fix bugs. The fewer people your are paying to do it? The fewer bugs that get found, reported, and the longer it takes to fix.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Its death by bugs at the moment for Swtor!

Anyones else having the following problems

* WZ heavy lagging

Im sure all of you can name more! -

What about the bug where Soa doesn't lose stacks on his buff? Or how about the bug where the Annihilation Droid can swipe you into the middle of a pillar that you can't get out from? Yeah, those bugs have been around for 9+months. Don't worry. I'm sure they'll take their sweet ass time getting around to fixing your bugs.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    yeah, to sum it up - seems you play a different game. But those loading screens with bar overlay are a real argument - NOT..!
    Sorry, but dont know why you have so many buggs, already tried to repair / re-install the game?
    Yes, because if you're not encountering bugs it must mean they don't exist, right? Oh, and the "NOT" comment. Wow, thanks for the blast from 1990. I always love it when people use jokes from 20+ years ago that weren't funny then and are even less funny now.

Deleted
    Yesterday while leveling my vanguard I did my chapter 1 class story line conclusion, when you have to kill that sergeant the room was "space". Had to walk arround the edges to avoid getting stuck in that "space". My companion could shoot people through the floor, so could the mobs when they fell through it but I couldn't target them.

Working arround bugs, was fun tho, gave an extra dimmension to the encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Yesterday while leveling my vanguard I did my chapter 1 class story line conclusion, when you have to kill that sergeant the room was "space". Had to walk arround the edges to avoid getting stuck in that "space". My companion could shoot people through the floor, so could the mobs when they fell through it but I couldn't target them.

Working arround bugs, was fun tho, gave an extra dimmension to the encounter
    That's an optimistic view of things. Personally, I don't find bugs to be fun. Especially bugs like in WZs where you get trapped inside of an invisible box and the only way to get out is to die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That's an optimistic view of things. Personally, I don't find bugs to be fun. Especially bugs like in WZs where you get trapped inside of an invisible box and the only way to get out is to die.
    Well what else can you do? Your in that situation by chance, might aswell work arround it or exploit it :P

Speaking of bugs, one of my all time favorites was when you released too fast after dying in a WZ and ended up "stunned" on your back in the starting area and couldn't move unless you quit the WZ or waited for it to kick you out.

Is that one still around?

10+ Year Old Account
    The most frustrating one for me was sometimes falling through the map when you use force leap in huttball or that first republic flashpoint. So damn annoying, especially in close matches or opening a boss fight.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

My responses to your bugs good sir

visual bug isnt game breaking

* WZ heavy lagging

WZs have been lagging since launch deal with it like the rest of us have

have not encountered that yet

this bug has been happening since 1.2 there are two ways to "fix" this. 1 log out switch toons then switch back to the toon you want to be on. 2nd if its a instant queue dont leave queue and do so everytime you get queued instantly

hasn't happen to me yet but still not game breaking

UI error isnt game breaking just reset your UI CRTL U x2

bugged dailies arnt game breaking either

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    So either you're being purposefully antagonistic to the OP or you are an EA apologist. Either way, your entire post was out of place.

You don't decide what is game breaking for someone else. If dailies don't work? Uh yeah, that's game breaking. Considering the game has little content, I'm sure most people think it's important. Not to mention if they don't raid, they only have dailies and pvp available to them as 'end game content'.

So let's dial back on the flash response insults, regardless of whether these issues affect you or not. Sure the OP might have been seeking to incite a disturbance, but if they are actually experiencing these issues it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Just because you haven't encountered the bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Way to be a douche about it. God forbid someone says anything bad about the thing you like. Bad people for pointing out issues... BAD PEOPLE...
    apparently pointing out bugs makes you a hate monger. just saying.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Well what else can you do? Your in that situation by chance, might aswell work arround it or exploit it :P
    In my experience, when I'm dealing with a professional business and they are giving me a product, I think they should be giving me a product that is relatively devoid of bugs or problems. I shouldn't have to spend my time attempting to make up for their failures. That being said, I understand that, in games, bugs exist and we need to help them as much as possible, but this particular company has been so terrible at fixing bugs that have been around since launch that I got tired of attempting to "work around it" or "exploit it". But, like I said, at least you look at it optimistically.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    The worst is the 6/7 man Vs 8 man WZs.

I really wonder about these when they are the same faction fighting each other. Even more so when you look at the scoreboard at the end and they other team had 1 or 2 ppl leave mid match and get replaced while the one group was down 1 or 2 the entire match.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    My responses to your bugs good sir

visual bug isnt game breaking

* WZ heavy lagging

WZs have been lagging since launch deal with it like the rest of us have

have not encountered that yet

this bug has been happening since 1.2 there are two ways to "fix" this. 1 log out switch toons then switch back to the toon you want to be on. 2nd if its a instant queue dont leave queue and do so everytime you get queued instantly

hasn't happen to me yet but still not game breaking

UI error isnt game breaking just reset your UI CRTL U x2

I like the that is just the way it is deal with it answers. Oh the game is broken but it is broken for everybody so don't worry about it. They have certainly conditioned ppl to just eat a shit sandwich and smile doing it now. This is like a battered spouse defending the one that beat them saying it was their fault since they upset them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I like the that is just the way it is deal with it answers. Oh the game is broken but it is broken for everybody so don't worry about it. They have certainly conditioned ppl to just eat a shit sandwich and smile doing it now. This is like a battered spouse defending the one that beat them saying it was their fault since they upset them.
    It's pretty much the only rhetoric coming from the Die Hard SWTOR camp right now. While there are a few sane people, a lot of which are on these forums and not the official ones, the rest of them are apologists like you mention with your sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    In my experience, when I'm dealing with a professional business and they are giving me a product, I think they should be giving me a product that is relatively devoid of bugs or problems. I shouldn't have to spend my time attempting to make up for their failures. That being said, I understand that, in games, bugs exist and we need to help them as much as possible, but this particular company has been so terrible at fixing bugs that have been around since launch that I got tired of attempting to "work around it" or "exploit it". But, like I said, at least you look at it optimistically.
    These are the kinds of people who order food at a restaurant and don't complain when everything is wrong with it. When I order a large, 6 cheese, extra cheese, thin crust pizza from PJ's....I expect to get that exact pizza. If I get a normal crust pizza with just sauce on it, I'm not going to put my own cheese on it and microwave melt it and then say I made the best of the situation. I just had to use more of my own money to make what should've been perfect, mildly tolerable.

This is the same mentality regarding video games lately and it honestly sickens me.

Deleted
    I personally don't find any TOR bugs to be annoying. However in the past they've had some class story ones which took way too long to fix considering the class story is one of this game's main features. I've never encountered them myself. The few bugs I've had seem to be of the visual variety (some strange ones during certain cutscenes etc).

It's not that I don't believe those few/many who report them, it's just I can't agree that the game is bug-ridden when it clearly isn't for me. Regardless Bioware would do well to step up the bug fixing (especially with the 1.4 bugs) as it clearly is a problem for some/many. Now, Skyrim...that game had a trillion bugs but I still invested 250 hours and loved every minute. I guess it generally boils down to:

Some aren't experiencing bugs (see me with TOR).
    Some are experiencing them but are not put off playing (see me with Skyrim).
    Some are experiencing them and are put off playing (see me with LA Noire).

Definately a simplistic view of mine I know.

Haven't experienced these bugs except for the UI on loading screen. What server are you on? If it's Ebon Hawk I've heard they have some pvp and grouping issues right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only bugs I am experiencing are the UI on loadscreen, which I don't care all too much. Sure, it would be nice to get that fixed but it doesn't affect my gameplay what so ever.