1444. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already unsubbed

387 26.80%
  • Subscribed

1,057 73.20%

Thread: Unsubbed?

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    poll is useless without armory..most trolls will just say they unsubbed, we need proof

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Unfortunately i locked myself into an annual pass. Have about 10 days left of it then i will be unsubbing.
    Precisely. Is it possible to get a refund for the exp (if you bought it 4-5 days ago) as an unsatisfied customer? I know they did that with D3...

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    I have unsubbed. Glad I did. Love the free time.
    People with lives and shit. Sigh.

Love the free time.
    Yeah spending time on forums talking about these stuff is surely as free as playing the game

Still subscribed, I don't have any intention to unsub by the end of my subscription time either. Loving the expansion so far.

Not yet, but it's probably coming. I only resubbed for MoP because someone else picked up the tab/is paying my monthly sub (it's hard to say no when someone else is throwing their money at it.) and it was fun at first but now I'm at a point where I parked my shaman in Halfhill, harvest my songbells, make my tailoring cloth, churn out my daily darkmoon card, and then log back off. I don't do dalies, because I hate questing and I hear they're 'optional' anyway. But because I don't do them I don't have anything to spend my valor on, so I also don't do heroics because what's the point of getting more valor I can' use? I do PuG raids once/twice a week (maybe an 8 hour commitment at most) and beyond that log in maybe 30 minutes a day.

Seems like a waste of funds, even if they aren't my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Achyra View Post
    Not yet, but it's probably coming. I only resubbed for MoP because someone else picked up the tab/is paying my monthly sub (it's hard to say no when someone else is throwing their money at it.) and it was fun at first but now I'm at a point where I parked my shaman in Halfhill, harvest my songbells, make my tailoring cloth, churn out my daily darkmoon card, and then log back off. I don't do dalies, because I hate questing and I hear they're 'optional' anyway. But because I don't do them I don't have anything to spend my valor on, so I also don't do heroics because what's the point of getting more valor I can' use? I do PuG raids once/twice a week (maybe an 8 hour commitment at most) and beyond that log in maybe 30 minutes a day.

Seems like a waste of funds, even if they aren't my own.
    8 hours a week + 30 minutes a day 11.5 hours a week. About 45 hours a month. For $15. Or about $0.34 per hour. I doubt you can find another form of entertainment that can match that cost.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    8 hours a week + 30 minutes a day 11.5 hours a week. About 45 hours a month. For $15. Or about $0.34 per day. I doubt you can find another form of entertainment that can match that cost.
    Don't forget the initial cost and the fact I said 8 hours at most (the first two weeks). More like four last week. Nothing so far this week, not really feeling like raiding at all.

As far as other forms of entertainment: Boderlands 2 is proving to be pretty amusing, actually. Assassins Creed 3, also pretty fun. Guild War's 2, still fun (and lacks a monthly fee.) I just bought Stephen King's latest collection of short stories for a mere 5$.

And best of all I'm never forcing myself to do those things so I can keep up with the game (the farm and the daily cloth/card in this case.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Through out cata - people whine about not having anything to do.
    MoP gives more to go - rather go afk in a main city.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This

I've been unsubscribed since about the end of the patch 4.0 cycle, or right before patch 4.1. I don't think I'm ever coming back as a subscriber, certainly not this expansion at any rate.

Meh people have unrealistic expectations from blizzard. They have never been in a greater production time with d3 expansions, starcraft expansions, project *m'fing possibly badass new software 240 bit game" titan, wow expansions and patches and possibly a movie with wow's 10 million subs as its main source of profit. But like honestly though they keep making so much repetative content they should just invest in new modes and features each patches, i mean there are some that doesn't require a new software or new game physics to add out there. They just haave to get off their lazy thinking and get creative like honestly solve a problem lol.

Also multi lingual voice actors may be a pain in the ass to schedule too so that may be a delay aswell lol
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-11-01 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Meh people have unrealistic expectations from blizzard. They have never been in a greater production time with d3 expansions, starcraft expansions, project *m'fing possibly badass new software 240 bit game" titan, wow expansions and patches and possibly a movie with wow's 10 million subs as its main source of profit. But like honestly though they keep making so much repetative content they should just invest in new modes and features each patches, i mean there are some that doesn't require a new software or new game physics to add out there. They just haave to get off their lazy thinking and get creative like honestly solve a problem lol.

Also multi lingual voice actors may be a pain in the ass to schedule too so that may be a delay aswell lol
    They are stretched far to thin but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect more out of them. Their big solution to getting people out into the world and keeping them entertained was.... DAILY QUESTS. Think about that for a minute. How utterly uninspired. How utterly boring. How utterly bland. Either they don't have the resources to do more or I have to ask are they bored of making this game?

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    Let's be honest here, you want to complain. If you are doing something you don't like and then spend more time afterwards complaining about it then you ever did doing it, you just like complaining.

Daily's accomplishes both goals Blizzard set on request of the community. Tell me how you would have brought people out into the world and given a good scene for open world pvp? It guarantees it if somebody want's it because there are a lot of targets. So it sure as hell stimulates it for those who want it.

Whether or not they are optional isn't about a "feeling", it is a fact. I don't "feel" they are optional. They are optional, as in you don't have to do them to raid. In my raid group 3 people did them extensively and we cleared the first instance easy peasy with us in dungeon and crafted gear. And thus, all by our self, proved that they are optional.

Of course they have to have big carrots, that's how you get people to do anything in a mmo. If the rewards aren't good people simply wont do it.

It's laughable that people manage to complain about daily's, to easy lfr, to easy dungeons. All of this are optional, if you don't like daily's don't do them. If you find lfr to easy do real raids. If you don't have time to do real raids why complain? If you want to do harder dungeons do challenge modes. Blizzard have gone so far in trying to appeal to all sides that there is a option for anyone at this point. And still people complain about one of these options, like they have to do them. It is laughable and sad.

I picked you because when I looked over a few random sides in this thread you are on each and every page. You complain about daily's being boring while you spent all your time on this site complaining about them, that is too funny.

You are flat out lying to try and make argument, proving over and over again that you don't really have one. You just want to complain.
    Why is that funny? It should tell you that dailies are so boring that really complaining about them is more interesting than actually doing them. Especially this incarnation of dailies which is really just an extension of the questing experience from 85-90. They offer NOTHING NEW. No they haven't gone far enough to appeal to all sides. It's easy. Take the rep requirement off the valor gear, it is not needed in any sense. Stupid people can't see the forest for the fucking trees. The only thing laughable and fucking sad is how you can't see anything passed whatever Ghostcrawler and co tell you to see and think.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 08:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeagle View Post
    I'm always one for bashing people that say things like this, but I do not mean it in that way this time. I am just wondering, with MoP, they increased the effort you needed to put in to get gear, but did not make it required to do. You don't HAVE to do your dailies.
    Second, you can't really say that the won't increase the pace that they release end game content when you quit 2 weeks in. I'd say it has picked up quite a bit! (5.1 was on the PTR around the time raids were even being released)
    As far as the dailies do go however, what dailies are you doing that it is taking up ALL of your time? Because I would like to hit those up aswell. I am exalted with the tillers and the Cloud serpents, and I am about to hit revered with the golden lotus after stopping for a while. The klaxxi ones are just a joke. I can spend less then an hour and finish up every single one of these dailies without breaking a sweat.
    Nobody was required to do heroic dungeons in cataclysm as well. But you all did it anyway and complained about how hard it was so much so that dungeons this time around are easier than ever before. Nobody was actually required to use the DS buff but how many of you actually turned it off? Saying people don't have to do dailies is basically saying you don't need valor gear. Well I didn't need valor gear in cataclysm either, and really you've never needed it. Progression raider or not. Nobody needs it but that isn't the point. In a game where one of the primary sources of enjoyment is character progression putting such huge rewards behind such content compels people to do that content. As soon as I stopped doing dailies I realized how little I had to do pve wise to progress my character. In fact that's what alot of this stems from. A non daily pve way to progress characters outside of the raid, which we had for years.

Fewer people have done raiding this expansion then ever before, it's another thread on these forums you can go look it up. My suspicion is their is a corellation between the slower grind for gear outside of the raid and this. I can't prove it but I suspect that because gearing up outside of the raid is such a pain and because LFR is so frustratingly dependent on RNG that people haven't got their appetites properly whetted for gear. If you don't do dailies the valor in those raids is also useless so the advantage to do them is basically just what drops off the boss. It's likely not one thing that's stopping people from raiding this time around but my suspicion is the slower grind outside of the raid isn't helping this at all. The lack of any PVE progression past 463 without dailies and without the raid is a big problem for a community that's been so used to doing just that for the past couple years. Essentially their enthusiasm for running the gear treadmill this time around is dulled because it's just so slow and it's just such a grind.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 08:22 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I play MoP, but I do play allot less than before. My time on the game has slowly been decreasing.

I loved BC and Wrath. I played almost everyday. When Cata came out I was highly unimpressed. Old content that was just revised didn't do it for me. Then when MoP was released I had high expectations, but they weren't meet for me. The constant faction grinding, the Asian theme, the CRZ....yeah I'm not too keen on any of those. If one day I find that I haven't logged on in over a month, I'll cancel the sub and will look for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Record time for me. Not even two weeks into the expansion. Dailies fucking suck.

Then don't do them. There aren't any dailies that are required at all. This isn't like the past expansions when you needed rep to get the best head and shoulder enchants. Now factions offer so so gear and mounts, neither are needed. The only ppl that might feel like they have to do them are ppl chasing down rep based patterns.

Ppl getting pissed at dailies are the same as somebody yelling at a knife because they keep cutting themselves with it. Stop the madness and don't do the things you don't like to do, problem solved.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

Still subbed and loving it. Way better expansion than the last two!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Then don't do them. There aren't any dailies that are required at all. This isn't like the past expansions when you needed rep to get the best head and shoulder enchants. Now factions offer so so gear and mounts, neither are needed. The only ppl that might feel like they have to do them are ppl chasing down rep based patterns.

Ppl getting pissed at dailies are the same as somebody yelling at a knife because they keep cutting themselves with it. Stop the madness and don't do the things you don't like to do, problem solved.
    I did and quickly found that outside out of a raid group I had nothing to do to pve wise to progress my guy after item lvl 463. Telling people to not do things and not spend time on the content Blizzard worked so hard on will eventually lead to them not doing it and getting bored. The answer is to make content that doesn't suck. I mean if I told you in cataclysm you didn't have to do the heroic dungeons and you could sit it out what would you have said to me?
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I unsubbed before the end of Cata. Had no intention to play MoP (after seeing how bad Cata was after T11), but was hoping that being in a new guild would convince me to play on. They were jerks, so sucks to be them
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

I did and quickly found that outside out of a raid group I had nothing to do to pve wise to progress my guy after item lvl 463.
    You mean, aside from buying crafted gear, queuing for holiday bosses, and CP gear from PvP?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

You mean, aside from buying crafted gear, queuing for holiday bosses, and CP gear from PvP?
    Yes because I already made all the crafted gear I could within reason (short of waiting for clowns on my server to get actual recipes from the raids and then farming the gold likely from dailies again and then being beholden to a blacksmith with motes holding me by the nutsack), holiday bosses are also likewise extremely finite and hey look at that not there all the time and CP isn't PVE. I have zero aptitude or skill for PVP.

In other words the one option I had in the past that fit so well and the play style I enjoyed so much is gone for absolutely NO reason. If they removed the reputation requirement from the valor gear I could stay in dungeons and gear my guy up and not ever have to see a single daily. If I chose to that is. That is choice btw. The choice to never have to do something and never lose out on character progression for doing it. I don't do pet battles because they have nothing remotely progression oriented behind them and I never feel like I lost out. Just like dailies have historically been for more or less their entire existence.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 08:41 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

That can be interpreted in so many ways. Having nothing to do means what? Literally nothing to do? Or does it me nothing rewarding enough to do? I'll quote a guy on the official forums because he's made the most fucking sense out of anyone I've read

That's what's up with MoP and that's why people were bored in Cataclysm. Nothing to do with the reward sytsem. Nothing to do with how good or bad it was. Everything to do with their inability and refusal to release content at a better rate and by extension of this reinvest money back into world of warcraft as opposed to one of the other 3 or 4 other projects they have going on. Christ we went 9 months without any solid content. OF COURSE people are bored and of course they unsubbed. The solution to this isn't to make it grindier and slower and more painful. The solution is produce more content.

My thing is, ICC was worse. That was what, 11 months (close to a year by a few days iirc) of the SAME content. Yet, no one brings that up anymore. It's like WOTLK was awesome, when they did the same crap. Instead of grinding dailies, you grinded heroics and 10/25 man raids for gear and for emblems. They already have the PTR's out for 5.1. The expansion has been out a little over a month and they already have the PTR servers up, that's the fastest they've ever done it. As for coming out with endgame content, we don't even have all of the raids out yet! What are you complaining for? Did you want every single raid out at launch? I'm pretty sure if they did that (like they did for Cata) people would be complaining that they're "overwhelmed" and "not sure how they are going to get through all the content in a timely manner." In fact, that's what happened in the first tier of content in Cata, they were going to push Firelands out faster and people moaned and complained that "they weren't done progressing yet, and they wanted more time to complete things." So guess what, Blizzard pushed it back, and then people bitch about it again for them "taking too long to release end game content."

You will never be happy with what they do. People will always complain about something, it's either the content is too slow or it's so fast to people they don't feel like they've accomplished anything. You can't have it both ways and one group is always going to be unhappy. You've solved your problem by unsubbing from a product that you don't like. You're done, it's over with, let it die in your mind.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid