Shadow priest-Elegon dps help

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...?s=1156&e=1679

This is the parse from 10m Elegon normal. While dps is not so bad a fellow shadowpriest from the same guild was able to pull 122k with about the same gear (ilvl478). This is my armory Manuella and his Towfu . Could his trinket have anything to do with that dps? Please leave some feedback.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    managing the uptime on the buff while also managing the stacks is key I always refresh at 5 stacks and just stand by the edge so you can just reset and pop back on the platform and keep dpsing.
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

the stopwatch is trash compared to the relic. realize that the +int bonuses all benefit from 5% stats and 5% armor mastery, as well as giving you a few percent extra crit. also the uptime on the relic is massive compared to the stopwatch. my buff uptime on the relic is usually around 30%, whereas the stopwatch is roughly half that. also, the stopwatch proc is very very short - if you can't get a devouring plague off when a particular buff is up, the value of that buff goes down considerably.

you seem to be losing mindblasts either through carelessness or excessive delay. on an 8:33 fight, i got 49 mindblasts off, yours was 8:42 and you only got 44 off. i had 21 DPs and you had 18. that's probably the biggest issue in terms of damage.

that said, your mindspike damage is quite low. you aren't dotting the big adds enough in phases 1 and 3 for mindspike procs/twist of fate. once the big add gets pulled off the platform, you can PW:Shield yourself, wipe your buff, SW: death the add for an orb and run back in and immediately start dpsing elegon again (you should have twist of fate up and an extra orb from SW: death on the add, so try to get another devouring plague off on elegon asap). having a dot on the add while the add is dying helps because each tick refreshes TOFate, even if it only has 1hp left.

during the first 3 waves of adds in phase 2/4 you should be able to use mind blast and devouring plague on elegon. you can halo the first wave, and otherwise use mindspike spam to kill the adds. try to snipe adds with SW: death as well as you can, as having TOFate up during this portion is a considerable boost (especially in the 2nd add phase). i try to use mindflay if the adds are just under 25% (and i can get away with it) because sometimes a mindspike crit will kill the add, which sadly robs you of twist of fate.

also, in the final burn phase, looking at your guilds dps it doesn't look like elegon's in SW range when the floor comes back up, so you should be looking for a low health energy charge in between mindblasts on elegon so you can use SW: death both for the extra orbs as well as for the twist of fate buff. leave up target healthbars/plates so that you can do this without interrupting your other casts on elegon.

Switch to Cascade.

My log using it http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4528&e=5048

Did about 2 million more damage then your Halo.

Deleted
    I also switched to cascade for Elegon - it added about 4m damage over the fight compared to halo. yeah you lose a few off-heals from halo but the extra damage is well worth it.

thanks for the feedback. I was keeping halo mainly for the huge heal which is neecded in last phase. I will swich to cascade for the next attempt. Snaxattax ty for the wot I read it with attention and idd my MS dmg is very low campared to the other logs I've seen. I tend to delay mindblasts/dp's for the simple reason I am afraid that if I dont delay them I won't be able to kill the orbs (specially the 4th one) in transition phase, but as you mentioned I should be able to manage without (it's so hard to snipe sw:d since I overkill most but there's room for improvement for sure!).

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie View Post
    thanks for the feedback. I was keeping halo mainly for the huge heal which is neecded in last phase. I will swich to cascade for the next attempt. Snaxattax ty for the wot I read it with attention and idd my MS dmg is very low campared to the other logs I've seen. I tend to delay mindblasts/dp's for the simple reason I am afraid that if I dont delay them I won't be able to kill the orbs (specially the 4th one) in transition phase, but as you mentioned I should be able to manage without (it's so hard to snipe sw:d since I overkill most but there's room for improvement for sure!).
    you can kill them easily with ms ms ms mb swd i have no problem killing 4 of them. also mindbender is way better than FDCL on this fight
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2012-10-31 at 10:04 AM.

I dont use mind spike on them :-/ although thats possible because im doing it wrong. I assume i should be mind spiking them?!

Deleted
    Here's a video of 1 of our kills, Spriest PoV, I get better dps using fdcl and cascade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=norl8ppiSbA

Armory is in sig, no log for that kill but here's the one for the weekl before http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=5112&e=5660
    Last edited by mmoc8ea31c118b; 2012-10-31 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    also mindbender is way better than FDCL on this fight
    You got any data or argument for this claim? Seeing as almost all tops logs are with Shadowfiend.

Deleted
    You'll do much better with Cascade and FDCL on this fight. The extra procs from multi dotting the adds is a better dps increase than Mindbender. Mindbender is generally only better on single target fights (and even that is open to debate).

I've tried both Halo and Cascade and Cascade does less off healing but more dps. The reasoning is fairly simple, most targets are spread out from the boss. In phase 2/4, I can pop cascade when the sparks are spread out and every add will get hit by a bolt at peak distance / damage. Halo will not optimally hit every spark since they are all at different ranges, plus the cooldown is too long to use on every wave. On Phase 3 you can hit every pillar around the room as the Cascade jumps around the edge. One Cascade will do massive damage. Also, Cascade does well on Phase 1/3 when the add is outside the middle area, you cast Cascade on the boss wich is a 25 yard distance approx, then it bounces back to the edge to hit the add also at a 25 yard distance approx. Much better than Halo.
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2012-10-31 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Cascade is also good on the small adds after the pillars phase, though halo is also good here (as they tend to be grouped).

For last phase healing I didn't find halo that much use - we stack up so you're not at a good range for halo anyway. VE is amazing in this part of the fight though, you can pull 4M+ healing from one use without any problems if you use it at under 20% boss health.