Page 1 of 64
1
2
3
11
51
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal DanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom EU
    Posts
    62

    Stop Hating People That Hate Daily's

    Reading through a lot of posts about people that hate having to do the daily's everyday and peoples replies saying don't do them. Such a pathetic response.

    The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows... That way people that liked daily's could do them and get more rep quicker but those that didn't like to do them could farm heroics and get the rep by doing something they enjoy rather than being forced to do something they don't like to get mounts and epic gear.

    I myself want these mounts, recipes and to spend the Valor Points I have rightfully earned but in order to get these things I HAVE to do daily's and I personally don't enjoy it but I do it because I want new mounts, epic gear and rare recipes.

    Yes what they have done with the challenge mode to give people with extreme skill and a lot of time they get a special mount and special transmorg gear and world/realm first achievements. I won't be able to get these but I don't mind because these players deserve it for the dedication but why the hell should I have to dedicate 1-2 hours every day just to get stupid rep to spend valor points I have earned in an alternative way....

    My point is people that say don't do them are narrow minded and can't see it from another perspective.

    Perhaps the way around this is to bring back the tabards but grant the people that do the daily's more rep for taking the time to do them than that is received from the tabards would that solution work?

  2. #2
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P

  3. #3
    I found a solution for the problem...

    Cancelled my sub yesterday. It´s a pitty wow turned into an asia grinder with people crying for more...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.

  5. #5
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,088
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    Exactly. I don't know what you think OP, but the "if you don't like them, don't do them" is a valid suggestion. They're not required to advance, you can get gear from so many other places.

  6. #6
    Field Marshal DanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom EU
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    How can you say they are optional... are you blind. I earned VP from LFR and Heroics but to spend them I need to gain rep with all these stupid factions so I end up losing VP because I have reached cap and don't have enough rep to spend them. I can't even convert them to Conquest...

    So therefore you are Required to do them to spend VP and to get better gear which one of the core objectives of the game and to be able to progress further...

  7. #7
    I do hate dailies, but its better than Cataclysm tabard system. Tabard system sucked. It made reputations meaningless.

    Ideally there should be second way of getting reputation, such as farming certain mobs (like most classic reputations had) or hand ins (like netherwing).
    Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal DanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom EU
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Exactly. I don't know what you think OP, but the "if you don't like them, don't do them" is a valid suggestion. They're not required to advance, you can get gear from so many other places.
    This is not true either. Lets say I want to do the new LFR coming out I would need 470 ilvl but all I have is heroic gear because I can't get anything else because I have no rep and have had bad luck in Mosh Vaults LFR therefore I cannot progress!!

  9. #9
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I found a solution for the problem...

    Cancelled my sub yesterday. It´s a pitty wow turned into an asia grinder with people crying for more...
    A solution that should be praised for i's efficacy. Frankly it's the only way we will see any change.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #10
    Im doing the daily's for The Pandaren ambassador achievment but I fully respect people that dislike doing them because I dont like them either but im an achievment/mount wh#re.
    Most of my friends stopped doing golden lotus at revered but if you want a new trinket you still have to get shado-pan to revered which I personally think is to much for the casual player.
    Maybe a new rank should be added like honored > new one(which open valor gear) > revered > exalted but still keep the same amount of rep needed to get exalted.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    This is not true either. Lets say I want to do the new LFR coming out I would need 470 ilvl but all I have is heroic gear because I can't get anything else because I have no rep and have had bad luck in Mosh Vaults LFR therefore I cannot progress!!
    You have months untill tier 15 is released. Why oh why do you HAVE to do it on release if you refuse to put in any effort to get it?

  12. #12
    The tabard system was terrible from a design perspective. Sure, the players liked it, but the way it worked was you could essentially ignore reputations beyond occasionally swapping tabards. Boring.

    Now the rewards are spread out and you choose what you want to do, instead of getting all the rewards from a single method of play. Much more interesting and better from a designers perspective. Maybe some players dislike it because it's less convenient, but honestly? People wanted more stuff to do. Here you go. More stuff to do.

    I'm loving the current system as well, so you can't really say that it's just dull content. That's purely subjective. Some like it, some don't. Don't like it, don't do it. Simple.

  13. #13
    Daylies suck and its a reason to quit the game if they wont change it.

  14. #14
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,488
    The main problem with the dailies is that there is no choice. If you don't do dailies, you don't get rep. In cata this was handled a lot better. You could do dailies for rep and/or you could wear a tabard. No clue why everyone is so happy with less choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Now the rewards are spread out and you choose what you want to do, instead of getting all the rewards from a single method of play.
    No, you don't. Now it is a single method of play (dailies), it used to be more than one (dailies, tabard).

    -edit- Subscription numbers aren't a way to count how many people do like dailies. I'm subbed still because I enjoy raiding, not because I enjoy dailies.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-10-30 at 11:16 AM.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    How can you say they are optional... are you blind. I earned VP from LFR and Heroics but to spend them I need to gain rep with all these stupid factions so I end up losing VP because I have reached cap and don't have enough rep to spend them. I can't even convert them to Conquest...

    So therefore you are Required to do them to spend VP and to get better gear which one of the core objectives of the game and to be able to progress further...
    Oh, the craziness.

    Blizzard wants to tie various aspects of the game together (guess to justify dev time), while also claiming, "you don't need to do XYZ"? -_-

    So you really are forced to do both or remained capped with nothing to buy.

    Not interested.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  16. #16
    I wouldn't mind all the dailies and factions - it's the design of particular quests that makes me cringe. Especially the Shado Pan stuff is about the most idiotic, stupid, frustrating, infuriating and tedious quest design ever witnessed in WoW. I really don't know who comes up with such shit and how they could possibly think anyone would like that.

  17. #17
    Blizzard has yet to realise that many people do not accept Daily quest as "fulfilling" content, with MoP you were directly forced to do this.

    Except for Sons of Hodir, most Daily quest factions were not mandatory to gear up or had a alternate way to get reputation.

    Mostly, Daily quest factions had vanity stuff, like Netherwing.


    Also, some Factions ( like Golden Lotus) lacks the statisfication feeling after you're done with doing dailies for a day, you have like 8 quests which give around 150 Rep, every Daily Set seems like a small chip off the block than a decent step towards new gear.

    Order of the Cloud Serpent for example had some decent reputation gain per quests, you could see how the rep bar grows a decent bit every day, on other factions it seems like nothing happened after you've done your dailies.


    The Reputation system needs a re work if Blizzard doesn't want to bring back Reputation Tabards, doing daily quests for 1-2 factions, that's fine.

    But doing dailies for every faction that sells gear is too much, especially for people who want to gear alts, the 100% rep gain won't help because i'm still forced to do the dailies i've with my main often enough to not like them.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome reemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    664
    I hate daily and you can hate me if you want, I don't even know you...

    But seriously, I don't think I'll play the full expansion, I already feel than I have nothing to do.

    I hate/ignore daily.
    I have no time to waste with pet or farm.
    I like pvp but it's not enough to keep me playing.
    5mans are useless without rewards.
    I don't raid with guild.

  19. #19
    Grunt Yskonijn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    IJmuiden - Netherlands
    Posts
    18
    People moaning about not want to do dailies, are just lazy. There, i said it. Go play an other game if you don't like it.

  20. #20
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Yskonijn View Post
    People moaning about hard heroics, are just bad. There, i said it. Go play an other game if you don't like it.
    Roughly two years ago that's what was being said. LIttle has changed it seems. We all of course know how that worked out...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •