Page 15 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Not options it is all PvP and i want Conquest gear WITHOUT having to PvP where is my NON pvp option got it????
    Where's my non PVE option to get VP`and rep? Ofcourse RBG/BG/Arena are options for.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    No, just no... Why do you think you're forced to do the daily's? I'm ready for normal raids with my alt now w/o doing any daily's at all.
    Bingo! But it is "required" right? /boggle

Deleted
    I hate dailies but you don't see me moaning on the forum all day long about it...so please go ahead and keep hating whiny children. Though if a friendly person comes along with the brains to have a decent discussion about it, give them a chance aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    So yeah, dailies aren't mandatory.. but if you want to play your game, you still have to do them to get the mounts, crafting-recipes, enchants and so on.
    B-but the mounts aren't required. I can understand if you're some mount hunter, in which case you should be used to long grinds, right? But otherwise it's an entirely self imposed mandatory-ness. I totally agree that certain parts of gameplay are mandatory, leveling if you've bought MOP sure as hell is, but there's a huge part of the playerbase that hasn't bought MOP, yet still play. I just don't consider mount-farming to be mandatory for anyone bar a mount collector, who should be willing to put in the time, long grinds for mounts is nothing new. For the other 90% of the playerbase, mounts aren't mandatory to play.

If I don't do the dailies and rep-grind.. and I don't raid, why am I playing this game again?
    Now you're asking good questions, why ARE you playing the game?

Your driving factor seems to be getting mounts locked behind content you don't enjoy, unless I'm misinterpreting your posts, which is entirely possible, since that seems odd even by my standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    And i think you need to understand context.

Yes, nothing in the game is forced or required, NOTHING.

Now, going from teh abstract meaning of words and SETTING THEM INTO CONTEXT, something that gives you a BIG ADVANTAGE in any activity you are doing WILL BE forced and required.

Just a quick example, i know, RL examples are bad, but to give you another way to see the subject. Is going to the gym required for running? No, but runner are forced and going to the gym is required for them because of the big advantage it gioves them.

Context my friend, context.
    the valor gear wont last you very long, there nothing but a bonus if you get very unlucky with drops.

THE VALOR GEAR IS FOR THE CASUALS THERE MEANT FOR PEOPLE WHO DONT EVEN RAID.

get that through your head.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Not options it is all PvP and i want Conquest gear WITHOUT having to PvP where is my NON pvp option got it????
    Imagine that all PVP gear obtainable from pvp currency is locked by rep

Would you like to be forced to do dailies in order to get your conquest gear reputation-locked?

I hope this closes the debate

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You want the best form of enchants, that you don't really need for anything else but to earn gold, then yes you have to do more than just skill it up to 600 and sit in Orgrimmar. Be it through raiding or Daily quests, I don't care, it would be wrong if it was handed to you for zero effort. As to how to make gold, it's fully doable through gathering professions, there, you now have an excellent way of earning gold without needing any recipes, daily quests, or raiding required.

I earn gold all the time by simply mining on my alt, sending the bars over and using my alchemy to transmute it. You knew damn well when you picked up enchanting that their recipes usually are harder to obtain.
    I don't have an issue with 'harder to obtain' > but here the answer is [AGAIN] dailies. And that bugs me.
    There is no alternative to dailies. I wanna work for them.. but now as it stands, everything I want is locked behind dailies.

okay you earn gold by mining, I did by using enchanting. We do things differently and wow has many more players than the two of us :-)
    There should really be alternatives. Not everybody is raiding nor does everybody enjoy the same thing.

hell, we are discussing (and reading mmo for a while now, quite heavily discussing) a game???????
    It should be something what people enjoy. If I read the fora it seems quite a lot of people are not enjoying it at the moment.
    I personally find it strange. After all this is still a game we all pay for.
    The main thing is enjoyment, getting away from the day-to-day tensions.
    Wow is not doing that for me as it is now.

Since I hit 90 I started complaining about dailies, before that i never complained about anything in wow (playing since tbc btw).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Personally I like the Idea of the Tabards being able to take you to to honored or something like that. Then to get the rest you would need to do dailies. It would soften the blow a bit early on and make it not so grindy like.

Another option would be maybe if you are a PvPer and want the rep, to place banners of whichever faction in bg's that last only a small portion of time. And in this time your honor kills earn you small amounts of rep. You could use the tabard for this I guess, but placing a banner means strategically thinking when the best time to use it is.
    You should already have the effect of softened blows if you quested in MoP. Tabards took things overboard and the only way they'd work is if they slowed the gains from them to the point where people complained that they were too slow. Hey, I guess that could be done. Or the equivalent of "Instanced Dailies" or other things Blizzard has done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Only at the start of raiding.

LFR will soon give items of a higher level. Normal and Heroic raiders will already be getting better items next tuesday / wednesday when HOF launches. They were only essential to the most cutting edge raiders, who presumably were fine doing work outside of raids for that edge.

They are not comparable to head enchants. They NEVER became outdated, even in the last tier. These items have what, 1-3 weeks left?
    It will take you months until you get lucky enough to fill ALL yout slots from raid drops (specially in 10 man).

And we dont know how valor gear will impact next patches.

So yeah, for months it will be a big advantage. It wont be an advantage anymore when you are in full normal gear.

And yes, the head enchant continued to be ana dvantage till the end, but it was so tiny it didnt really matter. This one last less time but its bigger, which still makes it mandatory.

And actually no, the most cutting edge raiders will probably need them less than John Doe and his guild struggling with normals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cascarrabias View Post

Would you like to be forced to do dailies in order to get your conquest gear reputation-locked?

valor points are not meant to reward gear this expansion.
    rep gear is an exception in order to give something to spend VPs on before 5.1 and the upgrade system arrives.

conquest points are a completely different system.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    No, just no... Why do you think you're forced to do the daily's? I'm ready for normal raids with my alt now w/o doing any daily's at all.
    Your alt is not doing progression raiding and you are not expected to be maxing out its gear. Apples and Oranges.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

it doesnt because the raid gear and lfr gear and the dungeon gear is still in those places.

once again im raiding just fine without one piece of valor gear it is in no way needed AT ALL
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    valor points are not meant to reward gear this expansion.
    rep gear is an exception in order to give something to spend VPs on before 5.1 and the upgrade system arrives.

conquest points are a completely different system.
    It's going to be so awesome if when the upgrade system arrives, Blizzard pulls the "LOLZ FACTION REP REQUIRED FOR UPGRADES" card. Can anyone really say they'd be surprised if they pull that on us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they want actually to get FUN during the time they can play and not doing boring crap?
    They can have fun and not do dailies. You can still do BGs, LFD, LFR, Pet Battles, solo old Raids, work the AH, achievement hunting, and even just general questing. 5.1 is adding fighting pits too. So your points might be wasted but that's a choice you make for not doing some of the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it doesnt because the raid gear and lfr gear and the dungeon gear is still in those places.

once again im raiding just fine without one piece of valor gear it is in no way needed AT ALL
    Your definition of "just fine" is likely different than a progression guild's definition.

They really need to reduce or remove the reputation needed for VP gear to stop people whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Where's my non PVE option to get VP`and rep? Ofcourse RBG/BG/Arena are options for.
    You dont need one just like if you want PvP gear get your ass into bgs and arenas. optional content and choosing or not choosing it have consequences plain and simple, You dont hear people that dont want to do BG's and Arenas cry everyday on the forums that they cant get Conquest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I see the playerbase not realising how quickly the VP items will become outdated, head enchants never did.
    They wont become quicly outdated to 10 man raiding groups.

And the head enchant advantage become negligible at the time the VP gear will be outdated now.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    /SNIP
    You, like another poster I responded to, probably need to stop playing. I don't mean that in the sarcastic angry sense. I mean that in the genuine "I think this game is no longer fun for you" sense. If the easily completed, decently constructed dailies of MoP are too much, then it's because you're tired of the game in general. Particularly if you played in TBC as you claim, which was much more grindy. Take a breather, go for a run. Play another game.

As we've addressed and as some posters have already said, they're ready to raid, and haven't done all the dailies. Dungeon drops and craftables from other players who have the recipes is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    You should already have the effect of softened blows if you quested in MoP. Tabards took things overboard and the only way they'd work is if they slowed the gains from them to the point where people complained that they were too slow. Hey, I guess that could be done. Or the equivalent of "Instanced Dailies" or other things Blizzard has done in the past.
    Aye, what do you think about if they gave us the tabard system, but put restrictions on how much rep you can get per day across the board. That way, the people who don't want to dungeon grind can do their dailies. And the people who hate dailies can dungeon grind for the same amount of rep per day. Wouldn't this be a solution?