Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    You mean that after that 2-3 weeks I'm forced to do dailes like a champ if I want valor gear ? No, I'm understanding that perfectly fine, that was my point.
    There are 2 items at honored with almost every faction. With 4 factions that give gear that is 8 items that will take 16-24 weeks (4-6 months) to get all of those before you even have to worry about revered valor and by then if you are a raider you will have better gear than the valor gear.

Now step back and look at the facts that don't support your view point and tell me again how you have to do a single daily to be a raider?

What works for some people doesn't work for other people. Isn't that why they added xp to pvp? Some people prefer dailies and others prefer tabard rep gains. I don't mind dailies since I liked them back in TBC but it does seem like there are way too many currently. Maybe they can do something like you get exalted with one faction and it bread crumbs you to start dailies for another faction.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neowodahs View Post
    I loathe doing dailies. I find them to be the biggest thing that makes WoW feel like a job to me. I did them every day for the first two weeks of the exp and then gave up because it was making me want to quit.

My only real complaint about the daily system is that they tied valor gear to it. I play WoW to raid. I ground out my heroics for 463 gear and have already started raiding. I see VP items sitting on the vendor that are good upgrades from my 463 gear, but I can't get them unless I grind out dailies. Are the dailies optional? Yes, I don't HAVE to do them to raid. Is this good design? Nope. The valor points (and justice) are meant to fill in gear gaps from unlucky drops. Tying that system into reputations just makes no sense to me at all.
    Can I see your degree in game design please?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    vanilla called, it said "harden the F up" and then slammed the phone down

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And the complaining about it being too easy changed it to being too hard which changed it to being too easy. Sometimes you have to step back and ask if all the complaining YOU personally are making is actually worth changing the system for. It is too much to ask that you do 5 dailies for 7 days to unlock ALL the valor gear on a vendor? Is it too much to ask that you finish dread wastes to unlock half the valor gear without doing any dailies? All you have to do is a week of dailies to get revered to unlock all valor gear and you can have all valor unlocked in 2 weeks even with only an hour a day. It can even be done by a casual.

If an hour a week is too much for you I seriously question your view on how time passes.

Maybe Its because I have played MMO's that had -real- grind in them. You know something where it takes half a year to achieve a goal as opposed to an hour a day for a silly week. One friggen hour a day for a week is worth all this crying and carrying on? I hate dailies and I don't think its worth all this. I just do it and get it over with and I don't spend my time bellyaching for change. Better the devil you know than the one you don't know.
    I am now seeing the argument shift from dailies aren't requires to just do them for seven days. It took way more than seven days for me to get revered with Golden Lotus. It will take more than seven days to get revered with Shadopan. It will take way way longer than seven days for August Celestials. I play on average 4-5 days a week. Two of those days I raid and I have just enough time to fit that in with nothing more those days.

Blizzard flip flops from one extreme to another. In wrath you had to do daily dungeons. In cata you had to do about seven to nine dungeons a week because they wanted us to "play how we want". The thing is you have already done work to earn currency. Now you have to earn the right to spend that currency. This just doesn't make sense.

Regardless of whether you make valor gear have no requirement or gate it with rep people will still consider it "welfare epics" because you didn't have to raid to earn it. I don't feel that way but that's what I see.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Seriously they need to get rid of every single piece of valor gear. Asap. It shouldn't have been in at launch at all. If they honestly believe what they said in that blog then they need to get rid of it now. They need to be honest about the direction they want to take the game in. Leaving some of it in behind daily content shows that their worried about getting rid of it. That's not right though and it leads to the situation we have today precisely because valor gear upgrades still exist and people are so used to that system. No they need to get rid of it asap. That way the shock can get over people and people can leave and then the system can change sooner rather than later. Pussy footing around it only makes a bigger mess.
    That's a complete straw-man of what Blizzard said they wanted to do. They don't want to get rid of valor gear. They just want to reduce its importance.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Its not optional if you need the stuff the rep vendors drop to progress.
    Ummm you dont.
    Heroics get you into lfr, lfr gear gets you into regs, Regs get you into heroics. Heroics get you into epeen top realm guilds.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I do agree that giving Valor gear on-par (in terms of item level) with the actual raid gear is kind of crappy. Make it on-par with LFR gear.
    ...and raiding elitism raises its head. What you're suggesting is essentially saying "I don't like this content, nerf the rewards", and "this isn't hardcore content, nerf the rewards".

People reaching revered reputation have put in a decent amount of time and effort. Why not reward that with level 489 gear? Let's not forget, in a couple of weeks time 489 gear will be weak gear - better will be obtainable from normal HoF and all of the heroic modes.

Deleted
    Why? People that hate daily's are most likely bads that want free epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Dailies don't make epics any less free. And last I checked no epics are given out without some kind of currency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There are 2 items at honored with almost every faction. With 4 factions that give gear that is 8 items that will take 16-24 weeks (4-6 months) to get all of those before you even have to worry about revered valor and by then if you are a raider you will have better gear than the valor gear.

Now step back and look at the facts that don't support your view point and tell me again how you have to do a single daily to be a raider?
    I didn't say anything about trying to be a raider, only about ability to spent my valor. There are many ways of obtaining valor: dailies, scenarios, heroics, LFR and raiding, yet only one way of unlocking gear for that currency - dailies. This topic is about dailies being optional, so I simply pointed that dailies are optional only if I don't care about spending my valor. And no, saying that I can get revered with a faction in 7 days (I want that WoW version that allows that btw) doesn't make doing them optional.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    I hate/ignore daily.
    I have no time to waste with pet or farm.
    I like pvp but it's not enough to keep me playing.
    5mans are useless without rewards.
    I don't raid with guild.
    You're unwilling to participate in any content, (probably without giving half of it a chance)
    Why would you even bother buying the xpac?

It's like saying "I hate lego"
    And then going out and buying yourself 40$ worth of lego.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Dailies don't make epics any less free. And last I checked no epics are given out without some kind of currency.
    If you get a currency by doing something that you were going to do anyway, it's as good as free. Also, boss drops. Boss drops do not require currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Liking dailies in no way makes you a 'good' and not liking them doesn't make you a bad. Even people without skill can get epics that require a lot of work because they get carried by people who have skills. Your blanket statement in no way contributes to this discussion.

I didn't say anything about trying to be a raider, only about ability to spent my valor. There are many ways of obtaining valor: dailies, scenarios, heroics, LFR and raiding, yet only one way of unlocking gear for that currency - dailies. This topic is about dailies being optional, so I simply pointed that dailies are optional only if I don't care about spending my valor. And no, saying that I can get revered with a faction in 7 days (I want that WoW version that allows that btw) doesn't make doing them optional.
    It takes a whole month to cap valor. These items at honored are about 1.8k valor 2 items if about a month of capped valor. You should be fin.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I think making Valor rewards ust a level below would be good enough. That way, you're able to progress without having a good enough piece to skip something. Like now, we get 489s from Valor. Make them 476s, and that should keep people wating upgrades, ESPECIALLY if they actually made raids need more than just that bare-minimum 476 gear.

It's just, like they said, sometimes bosses hate you. I know that when I was doing Firelands, Shannox wouldn't drop his helm for the LIFE of me. I probably went in there 10+ times without success, and was lucky to have Ragnaros drop the tier helm, because in all the time we were there, I never saw the helm from Shannox drop. In cases like that, it sucks to be totally left behind in gearing up. If that happens now (I'm not raiding right now, so it won't), you get stuck in a 463 while you maybe see everyone else outgearing you by getting their 489s to drop. If Valor gave 476s, the gap would be smaller, and even bad RNG could feel like progress, mitigating frustration.

I do agree that giving Valor gear on-par (in terms of item level) with the actual raid gear is kind of crappy. Make it on-par with LFR gear.
    It's on par with MsV gear. It's lower ilvl than Heart of Fear and Terrace gear.

i like dailies but after awhile they get tedious and boring, im only going to revered on all 3 alts coz that's all i need ill go for pandaran ambasador on my main but i cant seem to get revered with golden lotus on my 2 remaining chars because their dailies are so bland boring and uninteresting.

on my main i lack 3 factions that require dailies to get exulted, shado-pan argust celestials and anglers, i need tulushi pandaran but i can do that through dungeons, but at 1375-1650 rep a day its very very tedious.

my suggestion at least for the golden lotus is reduce the amount of dailies and double the rep and change some of the dailies to make them more interesting.

or a better idea give us the tabards back but have them require honored instead of friendly that way we need to do some dailies to get the tabard but dailies are not the only option for getting the valor gear

while we are on the subject of getting gear via rep, dose any1 know the point of having 463 gear becoming available at exulted...? it just seems pointless to me
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-10-30 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    i dear? do you mean idea?
    Ok Mr spelling police are going to contribute to the discussion or did you just comment to critique my spelling?

Once all the content is released this patch you get 450 from lfr and 480 from killing all the bosses on normal mode. I don't think getting 70 vp outside raids is too much to ask.

I'm sorry, is it actually 8-10 days? Wow, thats impossible!! Blizzard is trying to kill all the casuals! Call the cops! Santa will never get here!!

Finish the regular quests that give rep and that will give you honored so you can buy those valor gears and in the 3-6 months that takes you then you should of replaced all your heroic gear with raid drops and you would never of had to see a single daily. You are unwilling to see the big picture, you only see the instant gratification picture.

If you are not raiding then you don't need valor gear. Coren Direbrew drops 2 epic items and you can get rings from headless horseman + all the valor items from honored without any dailies. So unless you need all your valor gear so you can roll through heroic like a boss so you can complain that its too easy and you have nothing to do, well theres nothing anyone can do to make you happy. Sorry.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-10-30 at 05:21 PM.