Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    So don't. You can get everything you need outside of dailies. Heroics, crafting, LFR, normal raids, even PvP gear is really good in PvE at the moment.
    Almost done with Heroics already on 2 toons... Tell me what I'll do for next 12 months now? Only PVP?.. ok... better quit...

The thing that most people haven't figured out yet is that while dailies are required, they are only required if you are in a guild that takes itself seriously, which while it isn't the majority of guilds, it is a large number.

In this guild you are expected to get the best gear available outside of raiding times that doesn't include spending tons of gold on it.

What a lot of other people who are complaining also haven't figured out is that if you did dailies every day, you would only need to do 2 sets of dailies, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, by the time those reached revered, you will then only need to do 2 other sets of dailies, Shado-pan and Celestials.

I don't personally like how it is, but the major problem I have is that each daily gives 100 rep, where as normally a daily gives 250 rep, this is a massive slowdown and it feels like after every day the bar hasn't even moved.

So, for clarification, the optional daily quests are -
    The Tillers
    The Anglers
    Order of the Cloud Serpent
    The required daily quests (for raidiers) are -
    Golden Lotus (Revered)
    Klaxxi (Revered)
    Shado-pan (Revered)
    Celestials (Revered)

The people who only raid LFR, do PvP or generally just hang out in the game, doing non semi-hardcore raiding, are NOT allowed to say its required, because to do LFR you don't need valor point rewards, to do PvP you don't need valor points, to do pet battles or random achievements, you don't need valor points.

While yes, you may not need the valor gear to kill the HC bosses, you are required to get it by the guild, because in a guild you expect people to put time and effort in, and thats the rule of guilds, and yes, Blizzard should take that into concern when designing the game, since this is a general raiding guild rule, not something only a couple of guilds have, the vast majority of serious raiding guilds have this type of rule.
    Last edited by Kiea; 2012-10-30 at 11:44 AM.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    I like dailies (yeah one of those perverts).

The thing I dont understand is the reputation requirement for valor..its not like youre not gonna spend months to get all the valor for all the pieces.Theres a limitating factor there of 1000 a week,I dont see the need to stablish more limits..

But my name is not Tom.

On the other side my calculation estimates 15 hours over 21 days to get all rep to revered (all that sells valor) with a range from 25 min/day min and a 90 min/day max.

Aint you overreacting?

This is Wow.Those numbers dont make tremble....im pretty sure every-single-one-posting-here has done bigger grindings but then again...my name is not Tom and I am no-one to tell any-one what they like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Almost done with Heroics already on 2 toons... Tell me what I'll do for next 12 months now? Only PVP?.. ok... better quit...
    You can do LFR, normal raiding, heroic raiding. I really don't see what else you want, as a different rep system wouldn't have solved your issue. If you're not interested in Raiding, nor in PvP, then I must ask you why you even play WoW to begin with? I suppose you got a farm you could tend to if you're into that.

There is also pet battles, achievement hunting, transmog hunting, and the new brawler's guild thingy coming up in 5.1.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had the tabard system been implemented you'd be in the exact same position, so this is a rather useless thing to say. It *may* just be that you actually do need to move on to another game, and that it has nothing to do with dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    What do I have to do in game when I refuse to do X, Y and Z?- now gimme!
    Quoted for truth. Let's pretend that I don't like raiding because it is time consuming and repetitive (killing the same bosses week after week), but I want the mounts, recipes, gear and valor points from raid content. If I were to complain about this, I would be called an entitled casual. A lot (not all, but many) of the complaints about dailies are pure hypocrisy.

From my perspective, the main problem with the daily quests is the Golden Lotus faction. Decoupling the Shado Pan and August Celestials from this faction would help. Increasing the amount of rep rewarded per Golden Lotus quest, whilst also reducing the number of quests available each day to about 4 or 5 (from around 15ish) would remove much of the feeling of grind. All other factions have around 3-5 quests, which is much more manageable.
    Last edited by mmocd86e2fcf03; 2012-10-30 at 11:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do LFR, normal raiding, heroic raiding. I really don't see what else you want, as a different rep system wouldn't have solved your issue. If you're not interested in Raiding, nor in PvP, then I must ask you why you even play WoW to begin with? I suppose you got a farm you could tend to if you're into that.
    Ok, you want me to tank LFR with 463 blue gear?... I can't wait to see people crying...

And guilds will forced me to work on my reputation.

I'm interested with dungeons and LFR... and I liked my slow progression... And I also like playing alts, an doing PvP once a while.
    Last edited by reemi; 2012-10-30 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    And this is what I'm trying to say. Give us choice. "Doing dailies is optional" would be true if there was another way to obtain rep, but there isn't. There used to be though..
    Cut and dry yes, if you want the fluff items such as tabard, mounts from factions.., this system sucks, agreed 100%, those items shouldn't be tied into "artificial" content lengtheners as these items have no impact on the content life-span for an average raider, but outside of that, saying that you must do dailies every single day is using false arguments and wildly exaggerating a non-issue as faction epics have no significant impact on a players raid progression anyway these days!

Deleted
    Ok, you want me to tank LFR with 463 blue gear?... I can't wait to see people crying...

Ehm yes? LFR is 460+, 463 is well above what you need.

Only hardcore guilds will "force" you to get your rep up, but if you were in one of those you would already be on heroic bosses right now. You also don't need a guild to run LFR.

You're not serious are you? LFR can be done in the nude.

10+ Year Old Account

A: It's LFR, who honestly gives a crap.., if you can tank you tank, if you can't all the epics in the world wouldn't do jack shit for you!

B: There's more casual guilds then ever before friend where there's no requirement to do anything other then show your pretty face on what ever time they choose to run at.., just don't set your aim higher then you are willing to invest in!

I'd say bring back the way you got rep in TBC, by doing their dungeons. Catch my drift? Not tabards, but cleaning out temples of evil shit and then get reputation with those that owns that said temple.
    But make it like it would take 100 of runs to get one reputation up. We got plenty of time, don't rush it and you will enjoy the game. GAME, get it? It's something that is supposed to be fun to do at your spare time. If you see WoW as another job, I think it's time for you to find a more relaxing game.
    I mostly play for the casual 3 nights of raiding with my guild and some roflstomping arena with IRL mates for the fun of it - nothing serious so we dont rage when we're up against all those stupid OP comps.
    I've been playing this game since it came out, with two breaks (Ulduar - because my guild disbanded and I wasn't arsed to find a new one. And in Cata, because that is THE worst shit I've played.)
    I do enjoy doing daily quests, with a friend - they go so much faster that way. But I only do them like every 2-3 day, because I don't feel a rush to get all factions up asap. I couldn't care less about Valor items (And getting a faction to honored takes like no time, so I've spent some valor on rings from Golden Lotus and necks from Klaxxi for my two specs.)

This expansion is great, for those that takes it very serious can do their daily quests every day for a couple of hours each day and get their shiny epics and recipes fast as hell. And those that couldn't care less - can simply take it at their own speed and pretty much have the same gear progress as the hardcore daily quest dudes. (In my guild it is a couple of guys that finish all quest hubs every day, and I can't say they progress any faster than me. They got some cool mounts and stuff, but I don't realy care about those.)

LLOooooOOoong post, sowwy. Bored at school
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

What did you do in Cataclysm and Wrath? you completed heroics fairly quickly there, and only farmed then for Emblems of X or Valor Points.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    I like dailies (yeah one of those perverts).

The thing I dont understand is the reputation requirement for valor..its not like youre not gonna spend months to get all the valor for all the pieces.Theres a limitating factor there of 1000 a week,I dont see the need to stablish more limits..

But my name is not Tom.

On the other side my calculation estimates 15 hours over 21 days to get all rep to revered (all that sells valor) with a range from 25 min/day min and a 90 min/day max.

Aint you overreacting?

This is Wow.Those numbers dont make tremble....im pretty sure every-single-one-posting-here has done bigger grindings but then again...my name is not Tom and I am no-one to tell any-one what they like.
    Considering it takes 90 minutes alone to catch the 3 fish for Nat Pagle, dailies take longer than 25 minutes per day.

@OP - I am also not fond of doing dailies for rep. It just sucks doing the same shit every day. But people can soften the blow by finding a buddy to do them with. It goes so much faster with a buddy or two.I agree they should have kept the tabard system for grinding rep.

A good solution I think would be to allow you to get to revered using a tabard and then have to do dailies to get to exalted (or vice versa) It's a shame that dailies are forced onto players that simply do not like to do them like myself. Hopefully they will change the way to get rep in a future patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    What did you do in Cataclysm and Wrath? you completed heroics fairly quickly there, and only farmed then for Emblems of X or Valor Points.
    In catacylsm, I have 8 level 85 geared with justice/valor points, I had more fun grinding my 5 mans than doing dailys, maybe because I was playing 8 toons at same time!.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies are optional, you're not forced to do anything.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Considering it takes 90 minutes alone to catch the 3 fish for Nat Pagle, dailies take longer than 25 minutes per day.
    The anglers only give vanity stuff though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:51 PM ----------

In catacylsm, I have 8 level 85 geared with justice/valor points, I had more fun grinding my 5 mans than doing dailys, maybe because I was playing 8 toons at same time!.
    You can do the exact same thing now and gear them up in heroic dungeons and LFR.

The anglers only give vanity stuff though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:51 PM ----------

You can do the exact same thing now and gear them up in heroic dungeons and LFR.
    Dailies are dailies, doesn't matter what they give in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P

Too many things tied to them makes them not optional.

Dailies were optional when the rewards were special mounts, pets and vanity items.

When they ADDED to that profession recipes, valor gear, valor points and even unlocking of buildings they stopped being optional content and became required.