Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ...
6
46
54
55
56
57
58
... LastLast
  1. #1101
    Pandaren Monk Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,937
    The tabard method was honestly the best but laziest. You should not have to log on every single day. That's bad. The max you can get with gear outside of the daily content is 376. People are complaining because you need the reputation to spend the valor you earn by doing heroics or scenarios. You can buy blue items but they are worse than heroic loot. The valor items all require rep. That is a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

  2. #1102
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Oh yes, the same attitude people refusing to hear valid concerns had in Cataclysm... I hope Blizzard learned from cataclysm that ignoring valid concerns is not the way to go.
    *shrug* that kinda depends on whether you think the game is better with 12 million subs or 9 million or whether the number of subs doesn't matter one jot to you and the game it self does. So yes, I kinda wish they had ignored the "valid" complaints that 5 man content now required a moment of thinking (maybe a whole 20 seconds before a tricky trash pull, or a *gasp* 30 seconds before a boss to check over tactics, oh the humanity!) and left them as they were, why should I care if 3 million people quit over it, they're clearly very, very bad gamers. In the same way that I hope they ignore these "valid" complaints that dailies are bad and gating optional kinda bad gear behind rep for the people who don't raid is a terrible model.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 11:54 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    The tabard method was honestly the best but laziest. You should not have to log on every single day. That's bad. The max you can get with gear outside of the daily content is 509. People are complaining because you need the reputation to spend the valor you earn by doing heroics or scenarios. You can buy blue items but they are worse than heroic loot. The valor items all require rep. That is a problem.
    Fixed the iLvl there for you.

    You say in one line you can buy blue items but they are worse than heroic loot, and in the next say the VP needing rep is a problem but VP items are worse than raiding gear so whats the beef? If you want good gear raid!
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

  3. #1103
    Mechagnome Boogieknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    *shrug* that kinda depends on whether you think the game is better with 12 million subs or 9 million or whether the number of subs doesn't matter one jot to you and the game it self does. So yes, I kinda wish they had ignored the "valid" complaints that 5 man content now required a moment of thinking (maybe a whole 20 seconds before a tricky trash pull, or a *gasp* 30 seconds before a boss to check over tactics, oh the humanity!) and left them as they were, why should I care if 3 million people quit over it, they're clearly very, very bad gamers. In the same way that I hope they ignore these "valid" complaints that dailies are bad and gating optional kinda bad gear behind rep for the people who don't raid is a terrible model.
    The game should matter the most, but that won't be the case anymore since the sub numbers are as high as they are. Profitability will be the most important thing, and one thing the changes in Cataclysm should show is that what you, me, or anyone else wants will be secondary to maintaining subscribers for profit. They aren't going to accept another mass exodus like they had from 4.0-4.3, and I can guarantee you that if this rep/daily issue is the source of it they will change it in some way. I'm an achievement hunter and I stayed through all of Cataclysm even when I had nothing to do, but even these dailies are beginning to test my patience and resolve (Shado-Pan in particular.) I really think August Celestials and Shado-Pan should not be gated behind Golden Lotus reputation, and the valor/justice gear should not have a reputation component. I think a lot of players would be fine with those few changes, but taking a "suck it up, or fucking quit" stance like the heroics caused in 4.0 will just instigate a mass loss of subs and the reaction from Blizzard will just upset you more than the complaints. If you expect some people to be flexible and suck it up, you damn well better be willing to do the same and deal with the complaints and find a reasonable compromise.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

  4. #1104
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    The game should matter the most, but that won't be the case anymore since the sub numbers are as high as they are. Profitability will be the most important thing, and one thing the changes in Cataclysm should show is that what you, me, or anyone else wants will be secondary to maintaining subscribers for profit. They aren't going to accept another mass exodus like they had from 4.0-4.3, and I can guarantee you that if this rep/daily issue is the source of it they will change it in some way. I'm an achievement hunter and I stayed through all of Cataclysm even when I had nothing to do, but even these dailies are beginning to test my patience and resolve (Shado-Pan in particular.) I really think August Celestials and Shado-Pan should not be gated behind Golden Lotus reputation, and the valor/justice gear should not have a reputation component. I think a lot of players would be fine with those few changes, but taking a "suck it up, or fucking quit" stance like the heroics caused in 4.0 will just instigate a mass loss of subs and the reaction from Blizzard will just upset you more than the complaints. If you expect some people to be flexible and suck it up, you damn well better be willing to do the same and deal with the complaints and find a reasonable compromise.
    I agree with you, I don't really voice a "suck it up or quit" opinion too loudly, most of my shouty in this thread has been mostly in an attempt to persuade people that they don't have to do these dailies if they don't want to, rather than saying "just quit". However in agreement with the "profits will steer this games direction" comment, I feel that it almost allows people to "hate on the people that hate dailies", its kinda cyclical.

    I still believe though that dailies are there to do as and when you can be bored enough I barely do any, I'll get my gear from raid kills or LFR, I'll do the dailies when I just wanna chill in the afternoon and chat with people.

    Guess loads of people are in really really uptight guilds. Well we got 8/8 HC DS last expac (6/7 HC Fl, all but Sinestra and Throne of 4 Winds encounters HC from t11) so our formula seems to work out well enough
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

  5. #1105
    Well already changes to rep-gain are announced and also vp-gain. This had a reason.
    The question is: is this enough?

    if it isn't and players start leaving, then yeah Blizzard will take action.
    it is normal to have the maximum possible players for any company.
    if players only complain and keep playing, well then yeah this was the correct action to take.
    We'll see what the numbers do, because I think that is the only thing which has influence on the thinking of blizzard.

    The players are devided on this, some like the grind and some don't. I think Blizzard sure is keeping an eye on this.
    I personally think they went overboard with it, but that is me.

  6. #1106
    Dailies are much better then spending all day farming while you wait for your guilds raid nights to come up.

    I like getting gold, VP, motes, gerbs, Golden Lotus and other goodies for 1-2 hours of my time.

  7. #1107
    I don't understand the max lvl system they use in MoP.
    I hit lvl 90, bought the ilvl 450 pvp gear from AH to boost my ilvl to get into heroics. (was enough to be able to tank so np there)

    By the time i had Jp to buy something there was only 1 upgrade left so that kinda sucked because i flew to the vendor expecting a variety of items.(luckily for me they already changed the rep needed, else i wouldn't even have a choice)
    *Also buying a Jp item and then getting a better 463 item from a Random generated lootbag from a craptastic 3 man scenario wasn't a nice surpirse either.

    Then i got to 1250 Vp and i got the grand choice of 1 neck item to buy from klaxxi because i didn't have enough days of repgrind dailies. (started 2nd day at 90 i think)

    So when I log in I don't think "what could I do now, farm some? Get some satchels ? lvl an alt ?"
    Nah, it's, "Skip all that and go do the dailies because else i can eat my vp with my morning coffee or something"

  8. #1108
    Quote Originally Posted by GotYoShoes View Post
    Dailies are much better then spending all day farming while you wait for your guilds raid nights to come up.

    I like getting gold, VP, motes, gerbs, Golden Lotus and other goodies for 1-2 hours of my time.
    One thing to note, no one is asking that Blizzard removes dailies.

    What people are asking is either give us alternatives to raise the rep for those of us that DESPISE dailies, or take the valor gear from the double gating of rep and leave dailies and rep for what they were always were, mounts and vanity items.

    So if you enjoy doing dailies, you would still do them, and the vanity items and tyhe mounts you will get will be mroe exclusive, because only those that LIKE to do the dailies will have them, those that dont like dailies wont have them because they wont be forced to get so close to them that will do the last gap.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-11-02 at 02:31 PM.

  9. #1109
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    What people are asking is either give us alternatives to raise the rep for those of us that DESPISE dailies, or take the valor gear from the double gating of rep and leave dailies and rep for what they were always were, mounts and vanity items.
    Big ² to that.

  10. #1110
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Ok, now you see what we are telling since the start. Players are being FORCED to do content they dont like to get this rep and gear. How good is for a game to force people into doing things they dont like is a subject to argue about. A better solution would be to put in the world things that people enjoy doing. I dont recall Wrath having forced dailies and people were nto in the cities all the time, the problem with Cata wasnt the tabard system, the problem with Cata was THAT THERE WAS NOTHING FUN TO DO.

    Forcing players to go into the world to create the illusion that people are enjoying the activity is not a good way to go IMO.
    How about you follow that quote with the rest of what I said, instead of only the part that seems to support your argument. The daily system does not force players to do anything any more than any other rewards system in WoW does. The entire game is a giant carrot on a stick, and has been since it launched. Further, when broken down to basics, every video game is built on exactly the same principle. Do Activity X for Reward Y. And if you don't do the activity, you don't get the reward. If I don't raid, I don't get Tier gear. If I don't PvP, I don't get PvP gear.

    Rewards of various fashion have ALWAYS been locked behind some activity or another. The only reason some people are complaining now is because now something that they want is locked behind something they don't want to do.

    That is really all this comes down to. You want the reward without having to do the activity associated with it. The only basis for your argument is that this reward has never been tied to that particular activity, so it obviously shouldn't be now. Or that you should be able to perform a different activity for the exact same reward. Nothing in WoW has EVER worked like that, especially valor gear. To access it, you have to do dailies. Before MoP, to gain access to valor gear you had to run dungeons and/or raids. The only thing changed was the activity associated with accessing the reward. Not liking that activity is not a valid enough reason to demand that it change, especially when there are people who prefer this model over the other. Your opinion is no more valid than theirs.

    There are multiple paths available as alternatives for getting equivalent or near equivalent gear for every aspect of the game, though not always in the same amount of time. If you don't like to raid, you can get roughly equivalent gear by doing dailies and buying valor gear. If you don't like arenas, you can do BGs for conquest points. If you don't like doing dailies, you can ignore them and only do LFR/Normal/Heroic raids. If you want to maximize your character's total potential, you may be required to participate in activities you do not find enjoyable, but that has been true since Vanilla where raiders had to spend hours upon hours farming mats for consumables. And it is purely your choice. Even Blizzard has started shooting down the argument that it is not. Yes, certain guilds may require it. But there are other guilds that do not. Or you could form one that does not. You have options. Choices exist. It is not anyone else's fault that you are not taking them.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  11. #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    How about you follow that quote with the rest of what I said, instead of only the part that seems to support your argument. The daily system does not force players to do anything any more than any other rewards system in WoW does. The entire game is a giant carrot on a stick, and has been since it launched. Further, when broken down to basics, every video game is built on exactly the same principle. Do Activity X for Reward Y. And if you don't do the activity, you don't get the reward. If I don't raid, I don't get Tier gear. If I don't PvP, I don't get PvP gear.

    Rewards of various fashion have ALWAYS been locked behind some activity or another. The only reason some people are complaining now is because now something that they want is locked behind something they don't want to do.

    That is really all this comes down to. You want the reward without having to do the activity associated with it. The only basis for your argument is that this reward has never been tied to that particular activity, so it obviously shouldn't be now. Or that you should be able to perform a different activity for the exact same reward. Nothing in WoW has EVER worked like that, especially valor gear. To access it, you have to do dailies. Before MoP, to gain access to valor gear you had to run dungeons and/or raids. The only thing changed was the activity associated with accessing the reward. Not liking that activity is not a valid enough reason to demand that it change, especially when there are people who prefer this model over the other. Your opinion is no more valid than theirs.

    There are multiple paths available as alternatives for getting equivalent or near equivalent gear for every aspect of the game, though not always in the same amount of time. If you don't like to raid, you can get roughly equivalent gear by doing dailies and buying valor gear. If you don't like arenas, you can do BGs for conquest points. If you don't like doing dailies, you can ignore them and only do LFR/Normal/Heroic raids. If you want to maximize your character's total potential, you may be required to participate in activities you do not find enjoyable, but that has been true since Vanilla where raiders had to spend hours upon hours farming mats for consumables. And it is purely your choice. Even Blizzard has started shooting down the argument that it is not. Yes, certain guilds may require it. But there are other guilds that do not. Or you could form one that does not. You have options. Choices exist. It is not anyone else's fault that you are not taking them.
    I wont keep the discussion of if people are forced or not to do them because i have discussed that for about 20 pages and we wont reach a consensus, it makes no sense to keep discussing it.

    Clearly, a lot of people feel they are forced to do them, and the alternatives to get equivalent gear were not always there (tell me without using heart of fear what alternative to similar gear a shaman caster has for his wrist slot that is not from valor).

    The point is, asking people that in order to get a big advantage in an activity he likes (dungeon/raids) they need to spend A LOT of time in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT activity is not a good thing IMO.

    The dailies system was working fine when it rewarded vanity items and mounts, and the rep system was working fine before. Want to make improvements? Fine, but dont break what was working.

    Again, both giving choices to raise the rep or getting all the valor gear out of the reputation gating since they already are under a gating system (if dailies are so fun and people are so eager to do them, and are not being forced to do them i'm sure taking valor egar away from them wont change much, right?), both options would work fine IMO.

  12. #1112
    Pandaren Monk willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    technically, they are - you aren't made to do anything in the game
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  13. #1113
    I hate dailies, I hate them with a passion but I do them anyways because I want the rewards. I'm a casual with an hour a day and 4-6 hours on friday. I have never hated anyone on this planet more than I hate doing dailies but I do them because I want the rewards. I also realise that I don't have to do them to progress but it is the most efficient way so I choose to do them.

    I wanted the Klaxxi weapons for transmog so I even pushed that one to exalted. I felt so awesome when I finally got it to exalted that I would never have to do another daily for klaxxi unless I felt like earning some valor or coins between dungeon ques. It only took 2 weeks. No big deal. I am not sitting in a city bored waiting for dungeon cue, I get to see the games content and I EARNED gear that is better than valor gear. When 5.1 drops I will do the same with my alts in half the time.

    Now given that I hate dailies with a passion and yet somehow managed to survive two whole life jarring weeks of doing dailies to exalted I can honestly say that anyone bitching that dailies are too awful and too hard are just being whiney babies who should look into skyrim if dedicating an hour a day for 2 weeks is too much for you.

    And no, YOU DONT NEED DAILIES TO SPEND VALOR!!! You can spend valor just doing the regular quests in that factions zone and getting to honored. You even get rep doing quests in herioc dungeons with factions. With the 1k valor cap per week it will take 2-3 months for you to buy all the honored valor gear and if you cant get 1 week's worth of dailies to get to revered in another faction to unlock more then you are just being stubborn or incompetant.

    Tabards are not coming back, they were an awful system where you got rep fighting in dungeons that had nothing to do with the faction in question. Why would the Wild Hammer care if you killed a bunch of fish people and saved neptulon? How would they even know just because you had their jersey on instead of stormwind? Does your Wildhammer Jersey have a hidden camera in it so they can watch from the twillight highlands? It makes far more sense that they know of your deeds because you killed orcs that were burning thier houses, rescued their food supplies or found stolen beer than killing squids that stick to your head in Vash'ir. Couple that with the fact that you are already getting rewards by doing dungeons with loot, valor + justice points for better loot, gold and call to arms loot bags and you want to be able to quintuple dip for rep at the same time? Then you sit around Orgrimmar wondering why you are bored and blaming Blizzard for making the game too easy.

    You don't even have to do all the reps at once, if you do all the Klaxxi zone quests you get an almost complete set of 450 blue gear from quests and honored which has 2 pieces of valor gear. In the 4-5 weeks that it takes to buy all that with valor you can easily get honored with another group. By the time you get honored with all the groups you -should- have Sha/LFR/Raid gear that is better than valor gear so you don't even need revered. Toss in that Blizzard practically hands out epic rings/helms/trinkets in holiday events I really can't see what all the bellyaching is about.

    Its far to easy to get raid ready without a single piece of valor gear or having completed a single daily quest. Just because you don't want to pursue those alternatives does not mean there are no alternatives to dailies.

  14. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows...
    Do you not understand that you only need Honored or Revered with most reps to get GEAR and then you can go masturbate in your dungeons to gain VP to buy them from the vendor?

    The point is that tabards were a terrible idea because you didn't actually have to be in the world. At all. You just get your tabard and hang out in a major city.

    That is not good game design, nor compelling design. If you want all the goodies that the factions give you, then you have to invest in them. By investment, I mean do the dailies and look at the story, and then you are rewarded. It's how it works and it's a great system.

    I do not want tabards back, because tabards provided blues until Exalted. Now you can get high level purples at Honored and cool items at exalted after you put your time in.

    Or you can forgo all of this and just LFR or Raid.

    Causal Investment:
    Low: Heroic Dungeons
    Medium: Reputation Gear
    Medium: LFR
    High: Exalted dailies for flavor items

    Raider Investment:
    Low: VP Cap
    Low: LFR
    Medium: Normal Raids
    High: Heroic Raids
    High: Exalted Dailies for flavor items

    Seems about even if you ask me. You don't have to do them if you don't like them.
    Last edited by tehdef; 2012-11-02 at 03:40 PM.

  15. #1115
    Oh, dear god! Blizzard is forcing poor casuals to do dailes! Here are the news for you: If you want better gear/mounts/whatever you need to invest time. If you are casual, then you probably don't need epics for raids, if you want them just for lulz, it isn't important, so you don't need to do dailies at all. /end rant

  16. #1116
    Played since the start and got to commander rank in old pvp. Anyone who did that knows a grind when they see one....

    But I have to say these dailys are stupid. The mechanic behind it is stupid. People who defend blizzard especially on this should probably re-evaluate your life because there is no excuse. This was a bad decision and needs to be rectified asap.

    I can't play as much as I used to, who can? But when I do get time to play my time is taken up with running these dailies. Some might say you don't have to do them but that's bullshit. You HAVE to do them to do the other things. To get into the LFR beyond Mogu you have to have at least 470 gear. Can you get that from dungeons? Nope.
    Can you get them from crafting? Nope. Can you get them from raids? Yep but you have to be very lucky. After doing LFR since the start and using my coins I have received two drops. So you could be waiting an eternity for enough items from there as it all boils down to luck. You could spend the rest of your life in there but still not get the drops.

    So what other ways are there? The only way is to buy the items with valor. But even then you can't just buy stuff with it, you have to have reputation with factions to get it.
    Not a problem right as we are used to the rep grind? Wrong its a pathetic slog that means your giving up maybe an hour or two of your gaming time doing those before you can even do the things you want to do!
    Having Golden Lotus rep give 120 rep per quest is stupid but nothing beats the stupidity of having to be revered with them before you can even start other ones....why? What does that achieve?

    Add to that the actual quests themselves are annoying. Go collect 120 feathers from a mass farmed area where everyone is trying to get that 1 bird as soon as it spawns. So your time is spent rushing around trying to actually find those things!

    So the point is your spending hours and hours every day just so you can get enough rep to buy gear to then go do a raid that will replace that gear....that's it. That gear will be gone. Is it right to spend so much time on something so meaningless that will be replaced soon? The mounts are fair enough. They will be with you forever. They should be difficult to get. But something that will be replaced in the raid that your grinding to get into is just stupid.

    There has to be another way or people will get burned out. SO many of my guildies have just given up on them. How long will it be before they quit game if they have nothing to do? As a community it is in everyones interests to keep as many people playing as possible. A decreasing population does nothing for the game nor those playing it.

    If your going to make people grind rep for items then at least give them multiple ways to do it. The tabard way at least meant you could go kill stuff in a dungeon if that is what you prefer to do. The dailies don't give you a choice at all.

    People play games to have fun. This is not fun. It's like playing battlefield 3 but before you can go out on a map and shoot people you have to spend a few hours in the barracks cleaning the floor, washing dishes, changing bed sheets etc. If they did that nobody would play. This is no different.

    As I said above there is no excuse for it and anyone who thinks there is needs to ask why they are defending it....

  17. #1117
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkano View Post
    Played since the start and got to commander rank in old pvp. Anyone who did that knows a grind when they see one....

    But I have to say these dailys are stupid. The mechanic behind it is stupid. People who defend blizzard especially on this should probably re-evaluate your life because there is no excuse. This was a bad decision and needs to be rectified asap.

    I can't play as much as I used to, who can? But when I do get time to play my time is taken up with running these dailies. Some might say you don't have to do them but that's bullshit. You HAVE to do them to do the other things. To get into the LFR beyond Mogu you have to have at least 470 gear. Can you get that from dungeons? Nope.
    Can you get them from crafting? Nope. Can you get them from raids? Yep but you have to be very lucky. After doing LFR since the start and using my coins I have received two drops. So you could be waiting an eternity for enough items from there as it all boils down to luck. You could spend the rest of your life in there but still not get the drops.

    So what other ways are there? The only way is to buy the items with valor. But even then you can't just buy stuff with it, you have to have reputation with factions to get it.
    Not a problem right as we are used to the rep grind? Wrong its a pathetic slog that means your giving up maybe an hour or two of your gaming time doing those before you can even do the things you want to do!
    Having Golden Lotus rep give 120 rep per quest is stupid but nothing beats the stupidity of having to be revered with them before you can even start other ones....why? What does that achieve?

    Add to that the actual quests themselves are annoying. Go collect 120 feathers from a mass farmed area where everyone is trying to get that 1 bird as soon as it spawns. So your time is spent rushing around trying to actually find those things!

    So the point is your spending hours and hours every day just so you can get enough rep to buy gear to then go do a raid that will replace that gear....that's it. That gear will be gone. Is it right to spend so much time on something so meaningless that will be replaced soon? The mounts are fair enough. They will be with you forever. They should be difficult to get. But something that will be replaced in the raid that your grinding to get into is just stupid.

    There has to be another way or people will get burned out. SO many of my guildies have just given up on them. How long will it be before they quit game if they have nothing to do? As a community it is in everyones interests to keep as many people playing as possible. A decreasing population does nothing for the game nor those playing it.

    If your going to make people grind rep for items then at least give them multiple ways to do it. The tabard way at least meant you could go kill stuff in a dungeon if that is what you prefer to do. The dailies don't give you a choice at all.

    People play games to have fun. This is not fun. It's like playing battlefield 3 but before you can go out on a map and shoot people you have to spend a few hours in the barracks cleaning the floor, washing dishes, changing bed sheets etc. If they did that nobody would play. This is no different.

    As I said above there is no excuse for it and anyone who thinks there is needs to ask why they are defending it....
    You can get to honored doing regular zone quests to completion. That gives you 2 pieces of valor gear per faction. Add in 463 dungeon gear and trinkets/rings from holiday events to epic gear bought off auction house. Yes you can get epic 470+ gear crafting, my inscriptionist can make boa staffs and there are many other epic quality crafts that can be bought off the auction house. You can get gear in lfr as well, I have 2 pieces of lfr gear as my guild isnt ready for raiding yet. I am ilevel 470 and I only play 1 hour a day and 4-6 on friday. If I can do it anyone can.

    STOP PUSHING LIES.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-11-02 at 04:18 PM.

  18. #1118
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    (tell me without using heart of fear what alternative to similar gear a shaman caster has for his wrist slot that is not from valor).

    .
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84983
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84984

    6 iLvl lower than VP one, 6 iLvl on one slot doesn't matter, especially if you aren't raiding.

    Do continue

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 04:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Falkano View Post

    So what other ways are there? The only way is to buy the items with valor.
    If getting to 470 iLvl is your concern then Conquest points will get you there fine. I'm gonna ignore the rest of your poorly thought out whine despite being riled by your suggestion that I should be re-evaluating my life. I'm feeling chill at the moment :P
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

  19. #1119
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    A solution that should be praised for i's efficacy. Frankly it's the only way we will see any change.
    you are right; after you stopped playing wow nobody "forces" you to do dailies anymore. but please don't come back or think because you guys unsubbed you "taught a lesson to blizzard". dailies ARE optional, and wow requires ZERO grinding (apart from the leveling of characters - but it's an mmorpg after all).

    i don't do dailies. i don't farm. i don't grind. i just raid 2 times a week. i like MoP.

  20. #1120
    Ok one other one

    Quote Originally Posted by Falkano View Post
    A decreasing population does nothing for the game nor those playing it..

    Not really true, if the quality of the game diminishes but the sub base goes up thats not an improvement. I'd happily see subs plummet if they game could be designed EXACTLY the way I'd like it but I'm happy enough with how things are at the moment, to each his own.
    While Diogenes was relaxing in the sunlight in the morning, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes", to which Diogenes replied, "If I were not Diogenes, I should also wish to be Diogenes."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •