Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cascarrabias View Post
    Playing is optional, living is optional

Please, come with serious statements
    This guy.

You post something like that and then tell ME to make a serous statement?

You do not need an orange scorpion. Get over yourself. If you're not willing to put in the work, that is not blizzards problem, they don't need to change the system. I'm not willing to put in the work to get the gladiator mounts or the RBG stuff, you can have your free orange scorpion when I get my free gladiator mounts.

Comparing the rewards to "living", even I find that absurd. And I'm pretty much exalted with everyone bar Nat Pagel.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    You sure about it being a daily? I didn't start playing WoW until 3.3, so it might've changed before that, but I could farm pages(?) for a repeatable turn-in.
    Apologies, I assumed you were speaking of the egg destruction or bombing runs. The repeatable turn ins are even MORE grindy, so that would cause most of "your side of the fence" to cry even more. I understand why you would like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    They are, havnt set food in a BG in over a year and guess what it is optional content. do i cry i cant get all the conquest gear if i dont set my foot in BG's? no since it is optional content and i dont feel like doing that part? do i go on the forums and cry about how they need to make it so i can get that part without having to do it since it is so boring for me? no it is optional content that i choose to skip and / or ignore my choice, same needs to be done with people crying about dailys dont want to do it fine thats your choice just dont cry that you cant get what they reward in the long run if you choose to not do them.

Really it would be like me crying i cant get full conquest gear in 5 weeks while ignoring to do a single BG of any kind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    WHAT ELSE IS A CASUAL PLAYER GOING TO BE DOING?

You are talking about 20 minutes to do Golden lotus.. get it to Revered. After that. you do SP, which takes about 10 minutes per day. If you quested through the zones, you are talking about a total of about a month.

So the big question is.. if you are a casual player, and 20 minutes of daily quests is ´too much´.... what else are you doing?

Do people even want to play the game? I mean if doing 5 SP quests is ´too much´.???
    Maybe they want actually to get FUN during the time they can play and not doing boring crap?

Deleted
    Maybe they want actually to get FUN during the time they can play and not doing boring crap?
    If you find the game so boring then I suggest you stop paying for it and find yourself something else that you do enjoy.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    "boring crap"? You've got it easy son. Honestly though, if you feel it is that "rough" STOP PLAYING. Dailies aren't the problem for you at that point. It's the fact that you are no longer having fun playing the game.

EDIT: I just saw your "living is optional" statement. You have lost all perspective. Get off of WoW and go for a run. Clear your head. Start another game after a week of detox. You evidently do not have a healthy relationship with this game.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2012-10-30 at 01:05 PM.

If they think it's boring they shouldn't be playing anyways. I'm off for now I'll just leave you all with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    You're right, there really should be another option. But "dailies suck" isn't proposing an alternative. And "They aren't optional" isn't providing a solution either. Incidentally the best patterns aren't always needed, as you can just farm the mats and let someone else craft for you. (MMO and all that) OR you can run dungeons as the gear they drop is enough for LFR, which is then enough for guild raids, etc. Those are all options that easily get around dailies.
    I can agree with you on this one, I'm not saying that dailies suck or anything like that, I tend to do them with a friend because it is a lot less tedious that way. But there really aren't any options. To wait for someone who has the patterns would require them to do the dailies to acquire the said patterns. So it might aswell just be done by ones self. I understand that they are not needed to get into raids but it does give you that nice edge early on.
    Last edited by Greendog; 2012-10-30 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Apologies, I assumed you were speaking of the egg destruction or bombing runs. The repeatable turn ins are even MORE grindy, so that would cause most of "your side of the fence" to cry even more. I understand why you would like it though.
    Ugh, the stuff at Ogri'la.. I never went back to that village after I was done with them. Glad I had Sha'tari at exalted already then, else I still had to go there for their quests.

I loathe doing dailies. I find them to be the biggest thing that makes WoW feel like a job to me. I did them every day for the first two weeks of the exp and then gave up because it was making me want to quit.

My only real complaint about the daily system is that they tied valor gear to it. I play WoW to raid. I ground out my heroics for 463 gear and have already started raiding. I see VP items sitting on the vendor that are good upgrades from my 463 gear, but I can't get them unless I grind out dailies. Are the dailies optional? Yes, I don't HAVE to do them to raid. Is this good design? Nope. The valor points (and justice) are meant to fill in gear gaps from unlucky drops. Tying that system into reputations just makes no sense to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Okay! take a player who don't raid: What, if that player is not doing dailies, is there for this player?
    How will this player play as he/she wants for some char-progression?
    But you are talking about an absolutely tiny amount of dailies. You only get 1000 VP a week. If you got to 90 by questing through the zones, that means you have about 4 VP items you can buy ( honored epics). That means you have about SIX ( 6 ) weeks to get golden lotus to revered.

Golden Lotus dailies take about 20-30 minutes per day. My guess is if you do them 2-3 times per week, you would have GL to Revered well before you ran out of things to buy with VP.

But the question is... if you don´t want to do daily quests 2-3 times per week, what else are you doing? If you are raiding those 6 weeks, more than likely you will be getting drops anyway. If you are doing heroic dungeons, you are already outgearing the content.. if you are pvping, you are getting much better pvp gear. So the question is.. if you aren´t doing dailies what are you doing and why would you be desperate for rep epics.. again.. 6 weeks to get golden lotus to revered. That is the first time your VP would be wasted.

Deleted
    Valor is capped at 1k a week. There is no need to melt your brains doing "mandatory" daily quests to unlock gear which you can't buy. Just because there are 40+ daily quests available each and every day doesn't mean you have to do them all each and every day. I'm ilvl 471 and I've only been VP capped once and only have two of the reps exalted and do an average of 30 daily quests a week. Why are these daily quests so goddam mandatory when you can only earn 1k VP per week, thereby limitting the amount of rep (which doesnt have to pushed over revered anyway) needed to unlock said gear each week? And when you can easily reach ilvl 460 from other sources and start hitting LFR for gear drops it becomes even less mandatory. Just because someone puts a big box of chocolates down in front of you doesn't mean you have to make yourself sick eating them all in the one go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    The thing that most people haven't figured out yet is that while dailies are required, they are only required if you are in a guild that takes itself seriously, which while it isn't the majority of guilds, it is a large number.

In this guild you are expected to get the best gear available outside of raiding times that doesn't include spending tons of gold on it.

What a lot of other people who are complaining also haven't figured out is that if you did dailies every day, you would only need to do 2 sets of dailies, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, by the time those reached revered, you will then only need to do 2 other sets of dailies, Shado-pan and Celestials.

I don't personally like how it is, but the major problem I have is that each daily gives 100 rep, where as normally a daily gives 250 rep, this is a massive slowdown and it feels like after every day the bar hasn't even moved.

So, for clarification, the optional daily quests are -
    The Tillers
    The Anglers
    Order of the Cloud Serpent
    The required daily quests (for raidiers) are -
    Golden Lotus (Revered)
    Klaxxi (Revered)
    Shado-pan (Revered)
    Celestials (Revered)

The people who only raid LFR, do PvP or generally just hang out in the game, doing non semi-hardcore raiding, are NOT allowed to say its required, because to do LFR you don't need valor point rewards, to do PvP you don't need valor points, to do pet battles or random achievements, you don't need valor points.

While yes, you may not need the valor gear to kill the HC bosses, you are required to get it by the guild, because in a guild you expect people to put time and effort in, and thats the rule of guilds, and yes, Blizzard should take that into concern when designing the game, since this is a general raiding guild rule, not something only a couple of guilds have, the vast majority of serious raiding guilds have this type of rule.
    Totally agree 100%. If you are in a heavy progression guild then yes you are required to do dailies, but you choose to be in a heavy progression guild. If you aren't than dailies are optional (probably around 90% of the player base).

So the argument of dailies are optional is quite valid, sorry if you don't want to hear it.

Sure the design might not be great (wish there was a poor mans points vendor but whats the point since the reps come quickly enough or the rep received was a little higher per daily), but it's optional for the vast majority.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Boohoo everything's CATERIN TO THE CASUALS! I hate that everyone can just get everything so easily...

...except if it's ME that has to do something extra. Remember all the times you kids used to say "just raid noob" when people couldn't get gear? Well...now you can get gear outside of raids by doing dailies for rep and VP. You're a casual if you don't do them. That's just a fact. It may not sit well with all you kids that went around town acting cool with their Saviour title after a 35% nerf and MoP talents...but now the shoe's on the other foot.

Long story short if you don't do everything you can to improve your character (such as dailies for VP gear/loot roll tokens), you're being a casual. Remember all the times you said "lol noobs just raid" as if it was the easiest and most natural thing in the world...well, how do you like your own medicine? All the mockery about 'LFR should not drop epics', 'attunements should be mandatory', 'people should have to do regulars to do heroics to do LFR to do normal to do another raid ETC' and other nonsense? That's all well and good to insist if it's someone else doing the long busy work...but if it's you? OH NO END OF THE WORLD, GAME IS BROKEN, I QUIT BLIZZARD GG.

That's what you're all saying you filthy daily-hating casuals.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you OP. I read a few replies in here and people are still narrow-minded and/or don't read. If you want the mounts, recipes and valor gear, you HAVE to freaking do the dailies. Heroic gear sucks and LFR is lulz at best. All that's left are the raiding guilds (Which I stopped liking raiding & haven't done it since wrath). I mean, how hard is that to understand? If one skips the dailies as others are saying, then what? I'm not a big fan of the new dungeons. Some are ok, but for the most part, I'm not as excited to do them as I was the others in the past.

Now I don't know how to fix the system, some ppl like it, some don't (though I hardly see anyone praising it in-game/on forums). All my friends are burnt out on dailies, so is my guild and so am I. I've played since vanilla when things back then actually took forever and a day. Maybe I became accustomed to the spoon feeding WoW has become over the years, Idk, but what I do know now is that I am burnt the F out on dailies; I never liked doing them in the first place. Every time I log on, I die a little inside. I'm pretty sure that while WoW is a good game, I've played for too many years and need to move on, but I can't rid the affliction entirely. Honestly, I'd much rather see new char models among other things instead of new content. This game is tired, but that's a whole other topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    This guy.

You post something like that and then tell ME to make a serous statement?

You do not need an orange scorpion. Get over yourself. If you're not willing to put in the work, that is not blizzards problem, they don't need to change the system. I'm not willing to put in the work to get the gladiator mounts or the RBG stuff, you can have your free orange scorpion when I get my free gladiator mounts.

Comparing the rewards to "living", even I find that absurd. And I'm pretty much exalted with everyone bar Nat Pagel.
    Playing wow is optional... so are almost all of the choices in live.
    Now, if you have chosen to play wow, then things become mandatory due to your choice.

if you have bought MoP and you choose not to level to 90.... what is the sense in there?
    So one could say that after you choose to play wow, leveling is quite mandatory. I know it is still optional.. but it would make your choice to play wow less smart.

So despite things being optional in a general way of speaking, they become mandatory after you choose a certain direction.

My gameplay in wow is not used for raiding. So argumenst saying you don;t need dailies to get vp gear, you can get raid-ready in a different way, isn't valid for me.
    I don't need to do the dailies, I can buy enchants, crafted gear from other who did the dailies, isn't valid for me also. I leveled up my profs so I could make use of them to sell stuff to people who don;t care about leveling up profs.

So yeah, dailies aren't mandatory.. but if you want to play your game, you still have to do them to get the mounts, crafting-recipes, enchants and so on.

If I don't do the dailies and rep-grind.. and I don't raid, why am I playing this game again?

Deleted
    one of the biggest reason why in cata you had nothing to do was because of dungeons rewarding everything: vp, gear, rep. no reason at all to go in the world. so no, stop asking for the stupid tabard system which also led to horribly lame factions with no story.

and besides that, dailies' rewards are optional, so dont do them if you don't like em.
    gear from normal raids > valor gear
    mounts > cosmetics

only thing is professions but you can just buy stuff on the ah.

Deleted
    The difference between not getting PvP Gear because of you not doing PvP and the Rep-Thing is: You earn Points, you can spent to make your Character better. You had to do something to earn that currency. But you cannot spend the currency, because you need to farm rep to buy stuff. this makes the rep-farming via dailies not that much optional, than PvP might be for some. As far as I know, PvP Vendors are not Rep-Locked...

I haven't done a single daily quest in Pandaria so far.

I guess I'll probably get round to it one day to grind out the cool mounts n what not but that is all I'll do.

I do, however, find it amusing people saying we're lazy for not doing dailies. As if WoW is some kind of job.

Deleted
    Funny how I got into being able to the LFR without doing any dailies, geared my character through Scenarios and Normals, then Heroics then onto LFR, its just the OP having bad luck and then coming on here to vent about it.