Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People say dailies sucks i thing..NO im sure all of u started that game from wrath and later.No need to say more!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cascarrabias View Post
    Dailies are NOT optional. You have no other way to get some mounts/recipes or valor point rewards, period. Something is optional when you can achieve the same goal in a different way.

Questioning this fact is just stubornness
    So if i want full conquest gear but feel like RBG's BG and Arenas arent for me what is my option in your plan you think i should be allowed to get full conquest gear by doing herb picking or mining? I mean optional means i should be able to choose what i want to do when getting my purple cookies.

No optional is you can do it or you can ignore to do it, what you do have consequences some bigger than others, Like in the conquest gear example If i ignore doing those the odds of me getting fully loaded up in conquest gear is slim to none. and that is the result of the OPTIONAL content you can either do or skip.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    I can agree with you on this one, I'm not saying that dailies suck or anything like that, I tend to do them with a friend because it is a lot less tedious that way. But there really aren't any options. To wait for someone who has the patterns would require them to do the dailies to acquire the said patterns. So it might aswell just be done by ones self. I understand that they are not needed to get into raids but it does give you that nice edge early on.
    Finding someone with the patterns is actually very easy. The dailies are easy, and anyone who hates doing them can rest easy that someone on their server (probably a majority) don't mind them. Farm mats, tip crafter. It's why it's an MMO.

For those crafting pieces that are BoP (are there any?) one can simply run dungeons for the needed piece. That's how it was done for 3 iterations of WoW.

I'm gonna come back to what I said before in the thread though. There are solutions other than "Tabard Rep". It's time the community got creative if they want Blizzard to give them even more options.

Deleted
    tabard system = death of people being in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Solidusbr View Post
    Dailies are optional ONLY after you hit revered, because the exalted items are only cosmetic. But until revered you are forced to do them, sadly.
    No, just no... Why do you think you're forced to do the daily's? I'm ready for normal raids with my alt now w/o doing any daily's at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    I myself want these mounts, recipes and to spend the Valor Points I have rightfully earned but in order to get these things I HAVE to do daily's and I personally don't enjoy it but I do it because I want new mounts, epic gear and rare recipes.
    if you had rightfully earned them you would already have them.

the dailies are for casuals they log on once a day chip at a few dailies and eventually get some pretty much raid level gear for time investment.

everyone who isnt casual can get gear from crafting lfr normals and heroics if you WANT the extra gear you can grind for it if you WANT the mounts and pets you can grind for them.

YOU DO NOT NEED THEM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflpot View Post
    I haven't done a single daily quest in Pandaria so far.

I guess I'll probably get round to it one day to grind out the cool mounts n what not but that is all I'll do.

I do, however, find it amusing people saying we're lazy for not doing dailies. As if WoW is some kind of job.
    You're misunderstanding. They are not being called lazy for not doing dailies. They are being called lazy for not doing dailies AND still demanding the rewards that comes with dailies. ie. They want them for free. If you're using one of the aforementioned alternatives to gearing that way, then the epithet wasn't levelled at you.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    No it's not. At least as long as you want to be raiding.
    Without dailies you don't get valor items (And valor is then pretty much useless to you). You have worse gear, which means you're less useful than someone that did those. You don't get charms of good fortune, which means - even less items for you, making you fall even more behind.. It's not even about min-maxing and being competetive to go for realm first.. If you don't do your dailies you will be considered lazy that wants to be carried through raids and feed with gear.
    It's like I could say that enchants are optional. I can play without them and I hate spending money on them because I will change the gear anyway.. With this attitude would you take me to raid?
    ATM dailies are the best way to prepare your character for raiding (especially if you're not hardcore enough to do the raids while in undergeared group). If you don't do them then you are just on the same level with the guy who doesn't reforge, enchant and don't bring his food.. You can play this way but - as a raid leader - would you like such players?

As for dailies... There are too much of them to do per day IMHO. I like some of the quests. I like the mini chain quests for Golden Lotus, where you do some quests, then move further do more etc.. It's cool.. But at some point it just becomes so tedious and takes so much time that I barely can do anything else..
    I've put all the "non-core" reputations for furhter. I don't do Cloud Seprent, I didn't even touch Anglers, I don't focus on getting best friends with all the tillers - this is optional and I can put them aside and just do them when I have more time.
    But then I have Klaxxi, Tillers main rep, Golden Lotus, soon Shado-Pan, August Celestials.. It takes good few hours per day, and I've done all the quests already - I'm just bored. I'd like to take a break (I do it from time to time) but I'm gettinng to the point where I'll reach hard cap of Valor and nowhere to spend it...

In my opinion - the problem is not necessary in the daily quest system - but rather in the fact, that you can't rise meaningful reputations in other way. Or even make them all optional, by removing reputation from VP items.
    At this point dailies would become way more optional content, where you could earn VP by just grinding HCs (some people, me including really likes it). Dailies could stay as a coins of good fortune grind (far less required to just get 180 weekly cap)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

why is rep grind so important to some people? at revered you can buy the epics you need, i was revered with all factions in less than 2 weeks (except shado pan), playing 3 hours a day, getting my valor and conquest cap also. i got 3 stacks of 180 lesser charms sitting in my bag waiting.

i am now almost exalted with them all, doing dailys maybe every 3'rd day. next patch you can get 100% rep boost on alts.

calm down, if you quit the game because of dailys, i guess you were one of those who expect everything spoon fed to you, and wow is fine without those people.

and also, you can't get enough valors to buy the items right away, so why rush the rep with all the factions just to sit and wait 8 weeks after to you can afford the items??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So if i want full conquest gear but feel like RBG's BG and Arenas arent for me what is my option in your plan you think i should be allowed to get full conquest gear by doing herb picking or mining? I mean optional means i should be able to choose what i want to do when getting my purple cookies.

No optional is you can do it or you can ignore to do it, what you do have consequences some bigger than others, Like in the conquest gear example If i ignore doing those the odds of me getting fully loaded up in conquest gear is slim to none. and that is the result of the OPTIONAL content you can either do or skip.
    You answered yourself...rbg OR bg OR arenas....options

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yskonijn View Post
    People moaning about not want to do dailies, are just lazy. There, i said it. Go play an other game if you don't like it.
    I don't want to do dailies, but I do them anyway. Very lazy indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nog View Post
    The difference between not getting PvP Gear because of you not doing PvP and the Rep-Thing is: You earn Points, you can spent to make your Character better. You had to do something to earn that currency. But you cannot spend the currency, because you need to farm rep to buy stuff. this makes the rep-farming via dailies not that much optional, than PvP might be for some. As far as I know, PvP Vendors are not Rep-Locked...
    Doesnt matter if they are rep locked or not, you honestly think i should be able to earn conquest gear without wanting to even put a foot in a BG or RBG? or Arena for that matter. I mean i cant get that gear unless you FORCE me to do those things. see how this exact same thing applies to dailys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendyclear View Post
    I agree with you OP. I read a few replies in here and people are still narrow-minded and/or don't read. If you want the mounts, recipes and valor gear, you HAVE to freaking do the dailies. Heroic gear sucks and LFR is lulz at best. All that's left are the raiding guilds (Which I stopped liking raiding & haven't done it since wrath). I mean, how hard is that to understand? If one skips the dailies as others are saying, then what? I'm not a big fan of the new dungeons. Some are ok, but for the most part, I'm not as excited to do them as I was the others in the past.

Now I don't know how to fix the system, some ppl like it, some don't (though I hardly see anyone praising it in-game/on forums). All my friends are burnt out on dailies, so is my guild and so am I. I've played since vanilla when things back then actually took forever and a day. Maybe I became accustomed to the spoon feeding WoW has become over the years, Idk, but what I do know now is that I am burnt the F out on dailies; I never liked doing them in the first place. Every time I log on, I die a little inside. I'm pretty sure that while WoW is a good game, I've played for too many years and need to move on, but I can't rid the affliction entirely. Honestly, I'd much rather see new char models among other things instead of new content. This game is tired, but that's a whole other topic.
    I much prefer rep grind mounts to mounts that have a very low chance of dropping from a boss you can kill once a week. At the least, there is measurable progress. In fact I think a mount (and only mount) gated behind a long, tedious rep grind is missing from this xpac. Lets face it, even doing one of these reps at a time would probably give you Pandaren Ambassador in six months. This xpac aint going anywhere soon, so I don't understand the burning need for you to get these mounts and stuffs as soon as.

You answered yourself...rbg OR bg OR arenas....options
    Not options it is all PvP and i want Conquest gear WITHOUT having to PvP where is my NON pvp option got it????

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    This is not true either. Lets say I want to do the new LFR coming out I would need 470 ilvl but all I have is heroic gear because I can't get anything else because I have no rep and have had bad luck in Mosh Vaults LFR therefore I cannot progress!!
    You also have the option of normal/heroic raids, the Sha (I think we'd all agree that Galleon isn't going to be part of the average player's gear progression), at least 1 trinket from Coren, at least 1 ring from the Horseman, ilvl 476 BOEs (both crafted and world drop), conquest gear and an admittedly small chance at epics from HCs. You can even be honoured with the Klaxxi by finishing the Dread Wastes quests and not touching a single daily which gives you access to the VP neck.

In short, if you don't have 470 ilvl by Wednesday then you've missed out more gear paths than just the dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    Ok, you want me to tank LFR with 463 blue gear?... I can't wait to see people crying...

And guilds will forced me to work on my reputation.

I'm interested with dungeons and LFR... and I liked my slow progression... And I also like playing alts, an doing PvP once a while.
    Dude, if you quested to 90, then you should also have all the honored epics. You should also have the trinket from Brewfest, you should also have the epic boots from Sha, the ring from HH... and that is easy stuff.

You are simply lazy and starting an argument that makes no sense. Of course if you don´t want to play the game or put any effort into it, it will be hard for you to tank LFR. But that is besides the point.. if you are able to que for LFR and have all the heroic tanking gear, you can easily tank LFR.

You keep making these asinine hypothetical arguments that are so out of touch with reality that they are laughable. Really? You don´t have any VP vendors available to you? Klaxx, SP, GL not even to honored? You never did Sha? skipped HH and Brewfest? Yeah.. if that is the effort you put into the game.. I am pretty glad you aren´t tanking LFR.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    You make stupid statements, you get stupid answers, get over it.
    He has contributed well to the thread, including good comparisons and solid reasoning. You are just angry, and are "giving stupid answers" despite them not being warranted. Go away.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    No it's not. At least as long as you want to be raiding.
    Without dailies you don't get valor items (And valor is then pretty much useless to you). You have worse gear, which means you're less useful than someone that did those. You don't get charms of good fortune, which means - even less items for you, making you fall even more behind.. It's not even about min-maxing and being competetive to go for realm first.. If you don't do your dailies you will be considered lazy that wants to be carried through raids and feed with gear.
    It's like I could say that enchants are optional. I can play without them and I hate spending money on them because I will change the gear anyway.. With this attitude would you take me to raid?
    ATM dailies are the best way to prepare your character for raiding (especially if you're not hardcore enough to do the raids while in undergeared group). If you don't do them then you are just on the same level with the guy who doesn't reforge, enchant and don't bring his food.. You can play this way but - as a raid leader - would you like such players?
    you can get tons of charms just doing a couple tillers dailies that take 10 minutes this is a no factor plus the chance for loot is incredibly small with the charms somewhere around 15%

the valor gear is for the casuals you do not NEED them the mounts and pets are vanity items you DO NOT NEED THEM.

i am raiding just fine and the only dailies ive done so far are tillers dailies
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    There are solutions other than "Tabard Rep". It's time the community got creative if they want Blizzard to give them even more options.
    Personally I like the Idea of the Tabards being able to take you to to honored or something like that. Then to get the rest you would need to do dailies. It would soften the blow a bit early on and make it not so grindy like.

Another option would be maybe if you are a PvPer and want the rep, to place banners of whichever faction in bg's that last only a small portion of time. And in this time your honor kills earn you small amounts of rep. You could use the tabard for this I guess, but placing a banner means strategically thinking when the best time to use it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I don't think you understand the actual meaning of forced, and required, as if the head enchant was required, you wouldn't have been able to enter the raid to begin with without it... A guild might claim it as a requirement for you to raid with them, but then again that guild is probably "hardcore" and thus running the extra mile comes with the territory.
    And i think you need to understand context.

Yes, nothing in the game is forced or required, NOTHING.

Now, going from teh abstract meaning of words and SETTING THEM INTO CONTEXT, something that gives you a BIG ADVANTAGE in any activity you are doing WILL BE forced and required.

Just a quick example, i know, RL examples are bad, but to give you another way to see the subject. Is going to the gym required for running? No, but runner are forced and going to the gym is required for them because of the big advantage it gioves them.

Context my friend, context.