Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Sure rifts spawn all over. But they are more annoying than anything. While leveling they can really mess things up.

I made it to level 50 in rift. When you hit cap it's the same as WoW was. Sit in town and que for dungeons for gear.

Part of the reason I'm still playing wow and not rift.
    I didn't hit 50 but the time I did play in the game it seemed like a pretty neat system. Maybe I'll give Rift a proper shot now. It's got an expansion coming. Looked pretty sweet.

In any event that's fine I'm not calling for dailies to have all their reward removed just the rep requirement from gear. Blizzard has gone halfway there already. They just need to take that extra little step. Dailies are still extremely lazy on their part and especially these dailies which aren't varied from the regular questing experience at all but I could deal with them if the gear wasn't behind them. Removing the rep requirement harms no one and you will still be heavily rewarded for doing them, more than you've ever been in the history of wow.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Well you could add the Rift system to the game. Pandaria is actually a perfect avenue for that. The panda at the start literally tells you this land reacts to your negative vodoo stop being so douchy horde and alliance. Or something to that effect. Well that's a perfect lore avenue for random shit to happen. I think your less likely to have people complain about something like that then dailies. Even if you wanted to go the dailies route AT LEAST put some fucking thought into it. Make the quests more varied. As it is now they have no variation from the 85-90 questing experience. It's the same kill 10 collect 10 bullshit. At least spice it up a little bit.

Failing that I don't know Blizzard innovate something for once? Christ what am I thinking... I honestly don't mean to be negative but the dailies are just so fail. Even if you like doing them aren't they a tad stale by now? I'm not even talking about for repetitions sake. Aren't the mechanics really worn out? Like the best quest I did in pandaria was that orc chick who sniped the monkeys. It was different and changed it up. Why can't dailies have shit like that? Even just one or two.
    More variety would certainly be nice. But even really cool gimmicks become boring or annoying if overused (See: Vehicles in Wrath). And while Rift does have "random" events, the last time I checked it out the only thing that was random was the location. All of these events were more or less "Kill X of these guys, then X of these other guys, then kill this one really tough guy". And they happen with too great a frequency to stay interesting. Hardly groundbreaking aside from the random spawning.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I didn't hit 50 but the time I did play in the game it seemed like a pretty neat system. Maybe I'll give Rift a proper shot now. It's got an expansion coming. Looked pretty sweet.

In any event that's fine I'm not calling for dailies to have all their reward removed just the rep requirement from gear. Blizzard has gone halfway there already. They just need to take that extra little step. Dailies are still extremely lazy on their part and especially these dailies which aren't varied from the regular questing experience at all but I could deal with them if the gear wasn't behind them. Removing the rep requirement harms no one and you will still be heavily rewarded for doing them, more than you've ever been in the history of wow.

I would recommend rift for you. From the sounds of it you would like it. It is a good game really just not for me.

Be forewarned. If they see something that is popular in WoW they will copy it over.
    WoW has done the same with other games I know.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    More variety would certainly be nice. But even really cool gimmicks become boring or annoying if overused (See: Vehicles in Wrath). And while Rift does have "random" events, the last time I checked it out the only thing that was random was the location. All of these events were more or less "Kill X of these guys, then X of these other guys, then kill this one really tough guy". And they happen with too great a frequency to stay interesting. Hardly groundbreaking aside from the random spawning.
    As opposed to now where they simply get boring at the start? I'm not calling for each of them to be some super special snow flake quest. NONE of them are though. Not a single one. What this suggests to me is that Blizzard knows this is a process that people more or less just want to be done with and didn't put any thought into it at all. They know people don't like dailies and will only do them because they are compelled by the reward. In a very real sense players feel forced and it's by design.

While you may not think the Rift system is hardly ground breaking, daily quests are not even REMOTELY ground breaking. Especially these.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-01 at 09:29 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post

I wouldn't call them random. Only random thing about them is when and where. Other than that they are all pretty much the same.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xadion View Post
    I agree with DanTheMan.
    I too would like to see the faction tabards return to the game as I personally don't enjoy daily quests but still want to reap the benefits of being exalted with the new factions.
    Tabards are a dumb idea and people have said why over and over in this thread, in short terms it will keep people sitting in hubs and it wouldn't make sense lore wise.

Off Topic. I Hate you, why is your avatar better res than mine and im too lazy to change it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Dailies are fine and I liked them as a way of generating extra income and working your way up to obtaining things like pets and mounts, as well as several well implemented and interesting quests (Oracle / Wolvar quests) but FOR EVERY SINGLE DAMN THING is a bit much and too far a step back into the grindfest of vanilla. The tabard system could have been changed or tweaked to allow players to at least work up to a certain threshold to get at least some gear they needed to progress in raiding or keep up with their guildies, leaving the pet and mount hunters to keep working away until they get what they were after.

The current way it is for a lot of people I sense right now is that, like me, we've all gotten a bit older. We've got jobs, social lives and other things to be doing and WoW is not our only thing in our recreational timeslots. When we log in, we want to be doing something fairly substantial and more engrossing than quests that involve an hour and a bit as a healer or something killing dozens of the same generic mob.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate dailies. I'm not going to do them. But I would still like the gear from the rep vendors. (Obviously.) I'm not sure if it has been suggested yet, but how about we go back to TBC style of rep gain?

You get rep with certain factions by either doing dailies or doing an instance that is specific for that faction. I.E. Shadow-pan Monestary will give Shadow-Pan rep. If you feel the rep gain will still be too fast, make it so you can only gain the instance rep once per day and not via random LFD. Only if you queue for that dungeon specifically.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about mat all professions are gated. I thought you were talking about things being behind rep for crafting.
    Well that's the point. Scribes & Jewelers are gimped enough by RNG there is no need to gate them further.
    Gating alchemy makes no sense at all.
    Big enchants were always hidden behind rep, it's tradition at this point.

Armor crafters get their good patterns in raids as usual.

I honestly don't see the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well that's the point. Scribes & Jewelers are gimped enough by RNG there is no need to gate them further.
    Gating alchemy makes no sense at all.
    Big enchants were always hidden behind rep, it's tradition at this point.

Armor crafters get their good patterns in raids as usual.

I honestly don't see the problem here.
    *sighs* lets retire from this thread, its getting cyclical and boils down to people saying "I'm not happy with this aspect of the game they should change it" and in fairness, we're not going to alter that. Wish they didn't need to put so much damn whine into it all, its not like paying for wow is .... mandatory (oh yeeah) so with any luck they'll just leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    They actually are optional content seeing as you can get gear better than valor gear in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    *sighs* lets retire from this thread, its getting cyclical and boils down to people saying "I'm not happy with this aspect of the game they should change it" and in fairness, we're not going to alter that. Wish they didn't need to put so much damn whine into it all, its not like paying for wow is .... mandatory (oh yeeah) so with any luck they'll just leave.
    careful what you wish for....
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Did you really just say that competent wow raiders don't grind? Yep, and my mother is still a virgin.
    Yep, as time efficiency is important for "competent" raiders.

Oh, and check that chastity belt.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I'm casual, ilvl 463+, and hate dailies. What do you propose I do to advance my character after the weekly LFR if dailies are "optional"?

every action is optional, but the reputations in MoP are an advancement gate. If you want to play more than 2 hours a week and get better gear than heroics offer, you need to do dailies. Saying they're optional is a cop out. Take a second to take off the blindfold and look at this poorly designed reward system.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    My point is people that say don't do them are narrow minded and can't see it from another perspective.
    We're not narrow-minded, we're just tired of posts where people are complaining about dailies, just like your post. Look if you cannot do what you desire because you hate doing dailies, then this game is not for you. Simple as that.

Just find other ways to get mounts, do achievements or old raids. Tadaaa, problem solved.

I'm a casual player and I'm unsubbed for the first time since 2004. I only made it 2 weeks of doing dailies every day, then I did like two more a few days later and still wasn't revered with Golden lotus. Then I realized I had all of shado pan to grind and th other one and it just isn't worth it IMO. Just watching closely to see if tey add tabard back or nerf it. I'll come back if they do

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
    We're not narrow-minded, we're just tired of posts where people are complaining about dailies, just like your post. Look if you cannot do what you desire because you hate doing dailies, then this game is not for you. Simple as that.

Just find other ways to get mounts, do achievements or old raids. Tadaaa, problem solved.
    Reading forum threads is not mandatory and posting is optional. If you don't like it keep it to yourself or quit. Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post

And once again, I'm talking ALTS. You'd need to grind Tiller's rep on all of your alts to open up all the slots on their farms (oh, but wait, dailies are OPTIONAL...no one is MAKING me do them...) and you can only farm on so many characters and still be playing WoW instead of Farmville.
    I didn't know you needed a 16 slot farm to play this game.

Stop hating people who hate people who hate dailies!
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I'm a casual player and I'm unsubbed for the first time since 2004. I only made it 2 weeks of doing dailies every day, then I did like two more a few days later and still wasn't revered with Golden lotus. Then I realized I had all of shado pan to grind and th other one and it just isn't worth it IMO. Just watching closely to see if tey add tabard back or nerf it. I'll come back if they do
    What a joke. I have some sympathy for someone who feels forced to do them because of their guild who raids but this is just retarded.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Yep, as time efficiency is important for "competent" raiders.

Oh, and check that chastity belt.
    So you can't grind efficiently?
    I thought doing dailies is like an asian grinder. So top raiders don't do dailies?

Do you make stupid jokes because you are wrong?