Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Dailies don't actually make things harder to get. Their just a contrivance to get people out of Org. World PVP is still dead because dailies don't actually promote that system. Most people just want to get the whole thing over with and not deal with fucking allies or horde so they don't fuck with allies or horde.

Dailies do not address these problems in the slightest. In fact many of the changes they made don't address these problems at all. I'm still not even remotely immersed. Immersion is dead in this game and has been for awhile primarily because you can see so much of whats going on behind the game that you don't get lost in it like you used to. Need to figure out a spec? Elitist jerks? need to see where the mobs you need are? built in quest finder need any information about the game at all? wowhead. No discovery and no immersion there. It's not skyrim and it's not a sandbox game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 09:49 PM ----------

I don't recall anyone complaining that the game had a stunning lack of dailies and yet here we are...
    1. They ARE harder for you because they're trivial, therefore you're too lazy to go and do them, no matter how much you complain I'd like to point out that you're complaining on here while you could be putting in some music, go out and do your dailies, bam, done, get it over with. It's called willpower.

2. You're sitting here and scrutinizing WoW yet you bring up Skyrim? What happens after you get everything in Skyrim? Every quest done? Every cavern/tomb discovered? Oh, you put it away on a shelf, until you get ONE expansion, you do that in maybe a month, you're done.

WoW? I can guarantee you that you haven't done everything this game has to offer, considering there's only one person to have technically "beaten" WoW, that's how much content there is.

You're just choosing to not do them, and then turn around and complain about nothing to do.

You know what you sound like? My super picky sister, when she opened the fridge when we were little. *Sees entire fridge stocked full of food* There's nothing to eat. What she MEANT was there's nothing SHE wanted to eat, yet she had loads of options, even using her own car, and the money she made from her job, and going out and buying her own groceries. My parents weren't going to just buy everything over again or sector off a butt load of their grocery list just because she was an extremely picky eater.

In this aspect, it's gaming, so what I would like for you to do, is put WoW down, walk away from it, go find something else to do until WoW has something that engages you again. Whoolah.

Blizzard catered to casuals once, and it put them in a pretty big hole.
    Last edited by Realsykes; 2012-11-02 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Indeed. Raids were never rewarding per se. It were Badges/Emblems which were making people feel some kind of reward. And now they came and took it away from raiders. I don't know for others, but by doing this they completely broke any feeling of reward. It was bad enough in TBC, monthes running Hyjal without single drop till very WotLK, tanking with Naxx weapon and shield in ToGC25 content, and so on. Friend had to use pvp healing shield for DS hc, because Atramedes, Beth'tilac and Warmaster never dropped spirit shields.

Why bother to get any raid reward in game then? Can just kill bosses once for satisfaction or even watch youtube videos. Instead of fixing lottery system in raids, they just added many other skinner boxes, and now everyone with eyes can see game for all it's glory - skinner boxes and nothing else just for the sake of artificially extending content.

And yeah, as someone before noted, don't hate people, hate the system :P
    Couldn't agree more and because of the current system i can't progress in what i enjoy doing *solo's as a prot pally* so i have decided to leave. I'm sure other players are enjoying themselfs and i say congratz to them but there is a decent amount of players who do not like the current system and want change.

The new vendor in 5.1 that sells the valor gear at 150% cost is just as much of a grind as the daily's so i get a shitty choice do daily's and get gear at 1250 valor each or buy from this vendor for about 1750 valor.....

To me everything blizzard is doing this xpac feels like they want to gate every inch content as long as they can so they do not need to pump out content faster then there current rate.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couldn't agree more and because of the current system i can't progress in what i enjoy doing *solo's as a prot pally* so i have decided to leave. I'm sure other players are enjoying themselfs and i say congratz to them but there is a decent amount of players who do not like the current system and want change.

The new vendor in 5.1 that sells the valor gear at 150% cost is just as much of a grind as the daily's so i get a shitty choice do daily's and get gear at 1250 valor each or buy from this vendor for about 1750 valor.....

To me everything blizzard is doing this xpac feels like they want to gate every inch content as long as they can so they do not need to pump out content faster then there current rate.....
    In an MMO?

Oh boy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post

The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows...
    I cant find it, but there was a blue, saying that tabard system had no link to the faction, it was just running dungeons. Only link was the name of the tabard and that status text in your chat saying "reputation with ******* increased by **". And i must admit they are right.

In cata i was thinking about those specific factions only when I forgot to change the tabard and i was like" oh shi.t I did two dungeons without getting any rep.

So, those tabards of yours, they are pretty lame. Go and do some daily, instead of creating topics at mmo ;-)
    Last edited by mmocca692ad70b; 2012-11-02 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    1. They ARE harder for you because they're trivial, therefore you're too lazy to go and do them, no matter how much you complain I'd like to point out that you're complaining on here while you could be putting in some music, go out and do your dailies, bam, done, get it over with. It's called willpower.
    you need to read this back to yourself. you need to think about what you have just said.

you are basically having a go at someone for not being determined enough to face a task that needs no skill, no intelligence, and brings no enjoyment. in a game. i wouldnt describe that as being lazy, i would suggest that is being sensible.

games should provide two things; challenge and fun. some parts of games can get away with providing one or the other, and still be worthwhile. the dailies in mop provide neither. i cannot imagine why anyone would want to spend money to get a level of content they could get from a bunch of Zynga games for free.

Blizzard get enough income to produce a massive amount of content. they have decided instead to pocket 80% of that income and produce content that you do a massive amount of times. and people like you not only defend that, but come on this forum and actively insult anyone who dares to question it. i swear it makes no sense to me, its treating this game like a religion or a cult.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Dude they make shit-tonnes of content you won't/don't/can't do, your opinions on how fast they pump it out are worthless. You only play wow to solo content over an expansion old...

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    you need to read this back to yourself. you need to think about what you have just said.

you are basically having a go at someone for not being determined enough to face a task that needs no skill, no intelligence, and brings no enjoyment. in a game. i wouldnt describe that as being lazy, i would suggest that is being sensible.

games should provide two things; challenge and fun. some parts of games can get away with providing one or the other, and still be worthwhile. the dailies in mop provide neither. i cannot imagine why anyone would want to spend money to get a level of content they could get from a bunch of Zynga games for free.

Blizzard get enough income to produce a massive amount of content. they have decided instead to pocket 80% of that income and produce content that you do a massive amount of times. and people like you not only defend that, but come on this forum and actively insult anyone who dares to question it. i swear it makes no sense to me, its treating this game like a religion or a cult.
    You're argument would have some weight if dailies were the ONLY content in the game but this expac has seen more content included than I care to list. So your argument is fundamentally flawed, go away and think about it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    Dailies AREN'T CONTENT! You know that thing you do every day where you go and do the same stuff over and over? It's called a job. I wish Blizzard got rid of dailies in favor of something else. They have conveniently used dailies as a crutch for stuff to do, it's in no way content. What is content? Performing quests with other people in order to get stuff done or advance some kind of server wide event, like AQ40 gates, at least it adds something to the term MMO. As it stands you log in, do your wow chores, and raid. If PVP wasn't so awful I'd do that but I ended up unsubbing because I and others are bored to tears grinding pretending that this is something fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    JP aren't useful for anything at the moment, that much I'll grant you, is broken. Give us a JP trade goods vendor please (and an honor one too please).

VP aren't useful for anything at the moment, except to the non raider to get the best gear they can attain. Making getting the best gear you can attain take 3-4 weeks is not a BAD model at all, yes its stretched things out a bit, but seeing as they don't actually need that gear for anything other than having it (they don't raid) theres plenty else to do in the game still (which presumably they *are* interested in, as they are still playing).

Roll on 5.1

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 10:05 PM ----------

Apart from the armour vendor giving out 463 lvl gear which you can only access by grinding heroics for rep, (which in itself just seems obsolete, you're grinding heroics already because you love it, just use the drops from that surely) is that not EXACTLY the model they've got now...
    Excuse the ilvl numbers. I don't put a lot of thought into those and I'm sure other people could come up with a better progression for them than the ones I set up.

OT: No, the model they have now is get revered with a rep and get a single piece of gear. Then move go another rep, get revered, and repeat. You cannot get into LFR by just grinding Heroics as the gear isn't up to snuff. It feels like it is 'forced' on players to get revered/exalted with x,y, and z factions just to try to stay on the curve.

If there was a centralized area to get gear from ((Read: One vendor)) than people could really do dailies at their own leisure instead of being 'forced' into doing them. I stand by my argument that reputations have always been a fun albeit unnecessary thing to do in the game until Wrath/Cata/MoP.
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

im going to say this for the thousandth time.

the valor gear is for casuals /endthread
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by dangelo37 View Post
    Excuse the ilvl numbers. I don't put a lot of thought into those and I'm sure other people could come up with a better progression for them than the ones I set up.

OT: No, the model they have now is get revered with a rep and get a single piece of gear. Then move go another rep, get revered, and repeat. You cannot get into LFR by just grinding Heroics as the gear isn't up to snuff. It feels like it is 'forced' on players to get revered/exalted with x,y, and z factions just to try to stay on the curve.

If there was a centralized area to get gear from ((Read: One vendor)) than people could really do dailies at their own leisure instead of being 'forced' into doing them. I stand by my argument that reputations have always been a fun albeit unnecessary thing to do in the game until Wrath/Cata/MoP.
    You can get into LFR with gear from heroics. (?)

Yes you needed rep in Wrath/Cata for the head/shoulder enchants. You don't need it now, those things either don't exist or are provided by scribes.

Dailies are the only form of content available to players who don't want to PvP, do any form of PvE group activity (none of which are gated behind reputation) or Pet Battles. And if someone who doesn't do any of those, and doesn't like questing... WoW is the wrong game for them. Like that poster above who plays this game to solo old content... this game is not for him. Thats not a bad thing, but really to complain the game is broken is a bit stupid, just go play something else...
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

You tried.

What you forget to realize is that I understand that eventually after doing enough dailies, I can start having the fun you talk about having. In fact, I love flying on my dragon to the dailies, doing loops in the sky to the beat of my music, just being me, and eventually I get a reward from it. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty. Ironically, it's a "hard day's work." in a game, to see the fun side, which i don't mind, being as I'm already use to it, and I can actually make it fun.

I understand the concept of reaping what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Dude they make shit-tonnes of content you won't/don't/can't do, your opinions on how fast they pump it out are worthless. You only play wow to solo content over an expansion old...
    I guess you missed the part where i said i do LFR. even if you don't like it *not saying u don't* LFR is current raid content and i get to see it that way and the rest of my time i spend in wow is working on progressing my solo's even tryed t11 raids a little.

Me personally if a player trys to do hard solo's on there toon they learn it there toon better and become better at current raids due to having to pay attion and have to have so much DPS to finish the fights.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Dailies are not required. The first raid is tuned for blue gear from 5man heroics.

Sure, it works better if you have some purples from LFR or Dailies, but these aren't TECHNICALLY required. Maybe you think you need them because you try to have every little advantage you can get. That's fine. I try to get as many purples as I can as well. But that's not what required actually means.

I guess you missed the part where i said i do LFR. .
    But you do LFR to get gear to solo old content, right? Thats why you want more accessable higher lvl epics because that will help you make the jump from 14% wipe to the 10% kill, right?

Thats still a tiny tiny portion of the content available...

Stop hating on people that hate on people who hate dailies!
    As many other have mentioned, it's almost completely optional. Personally I've moved on from needing valor gear already, and my guild is only 3/6 HC in MSV.

I like doing dailies. (Makes me a minority and/or pervert. I'm fine with that.)

I was never that fond of doing heroic randoms just to gain valor. I can do LFR once a week and do dailies to cap my valor. Last week I didn't even have to enter a dungeon once, since all my gear is 463+. I think this system is _far_ superior to Cata's.

My solution to this, and i apologize if its been said already.. only read the first 4-5 pages.. In WotLK you could use your badges to buy tokens that could give you particular reps.

My suggestion is, give the player the ability to grind out their heroics and let them use their JP to buy faction tokens but limit it to like 3k-5k purchasable rep per faction per week.. you could even link it to vp for tokens that gave more rep so those who have excess jp/vp have something to spend em on but not let them get all their rep immediately by spamming dungeons.. just something to help them move faster, or the ability to gain rep if you don't like doing dailies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that tabards were a terrible idea because you didn't actually have to be in the world. At all. You just get your tabard and hang out in a major city.
    It's not just that. I also agree with what Blizzard stated: Arbitrary tabard rep grinding removes the identity of a faction. I mean I grinded rep for the dwarfs/Tol'Vir by putting on a T-Shirt and killing stuff.

What do I know about these factions other than "they live in the highlands/Uldum and sell epix"? Nothing.

I'm not saying that dailies are the best avenue to promote faction lore and the chaining of lotus-> shado pan/celestials was dumber than dumb, but imho dailies and getting the feeling of "why do I do that, why do the guys like me better now?" are heaps better with the MoP system than pushing a bar to the max by wearing a T-Shirt.

BTW: I hate dailies with the passion of a burning sun, mainly b/c they don't provide flexibility and SUCK for weekend gamers, but even I can see some advantages they have.

it's a "hard day's work." in a game, to see the fun side, which i don't mind, being as I'm already use to it, and I can actually make it fun.
    A game, especially a never ending MMO, needs "work". I know peeps will hate on me for saying this, but working for something gives the reward a value in the first place. If WoW gave me everything I wanted at a whim.. wow.. that would be one hell of a boring game to play.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-11-02 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I hate dailies, I hate them with a passion but I do them anyways because I want the rewards. I'm a casual with an hour a day and 4-6 hours on friday. I have never hated anyone on this planet more than I hate doing dailies but I do them because I want the rewards. I also realise that I don't have to do them to progress but it is the most efficient way so I choose to do them.

I wanted the Klaxxi weapons for transmog so I even pushed that one to exalted. I felt so awesome when I finally got it to exalted that I would never have to do another daily for klaxxi unless I felt like earning some valor or coins between dungeon ques. It only took 2 weeks. No big deal. I am not sitting in a city bored waiting for dungeon cue, I get to see the games content and I EARNED gear that is better than valor gear. When 5.1 drops I will do the same with my alts in half the time.

Now given that I hate dailies with a passion and yet somehow managed to survive two whole life jarring weeks of doing dailies to exalted I can honestly say that anyone bitching that dailies are too awful and too hard are just being whiney babies who should look into skyrim if dedicating an hour a day for 2 weeks is too much for you.

And no, YOU DONT NEED DAILIES TO SPEND VALOR!!! You can spend valor just doing the regular quests in that factions zone and getting to honored. You even get rep doing quests in herioc dungeons with factions. With the 1k valor cap per week it will take 2-3 months for you to buy all the honored valor gear and if you cant get 1 week's worth of dailies to get to revered in another faction to unlock more then you are just being stubborn or incompetant.

Tabards are not coming back, they were an awful system where you got rep fighting in dungeons that had nothing to do with the faction in question. Why would the Wild Hammer care if you killed a bunch of fish people and saved neptulon? How would they even know just because you had their jersey on instead of stormwind? Does your Wildhammer Jersey have a hidden camera in it so they can watch from the twillight highlands? It makes far more sense that they know of your deeds because you killed orcs that were burning thier houses, rescued their food supplies or found stolen beer than killing squids that stick to your head in Vash'ir. Couple that with the fact that you are already getting rewards by doing dungeons with loot, valor + justice points for better loot, gold and call to arms loot bags and you want to be able to quintuple dip for rep at the same time? Then you sit around Orgrimmar wondering why you are bored and blaming Blizzard for making the game too easy.

You don't even have to do all the reps at once, if you do all the Klaxxi zone quests you get an almost complete set of 450 blue gear from quests and honored which has 2 pieces of valor gear. In the 4-5 weeks that it takes to buy all that with valor you can easily get honored with another group. By the time you get honored with all the groups you -should- have Sha/LFR/Raid gear that is better than valor gear so you don't even need revered. Toss in that Blizzard practically hands out epic rings/helms/trinkets in holiday events I really can't see what all the bellyaching is about.

Its far to easy to get raid ready without a single piece of valor gear or having completed a single daily quest. Just because you don't want to pursue those alternatives does not mean there are no alternatives to dailies.

Best statement on this topic ever. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    The point is that tabards were a terrible idea because you didn't actually have to be in the world. At all. You just get your tabard and hang out in a major city.
    The reason we were not out in the world is because they've never put anything besides leveling and daily quests out there. If they want us out in the world, they should add something there that actually draws people out. Right now it's the opposite, we go out because we are forced to grind and as a result most of us hate the places even more. There's no way I'm ever going to the damn Dread Wastes again after feeling forced to go through all that shit just so I could use the valor I've accumulated.

Something like Sha of Anger is actually nice for getting people out there for an event, even if it's faceroll easy. Even Galleon is getting people to hang out on his spawn spot even though that is a bit silly - they should change the spawn mechanic so that it's not all afk camping.

The thing is, I probably would be fairly happily doing some dailies for the cool stuff like Shado Pan mounts and the hat for transmog and... I'd just do the dailies every once in a while and skip a day if I'm busy with other stuff. But after grinding them because I feel I *have to* keep doing dailies for access to valor gear (I did have points where I could not buy anything for valor since a raid already dropped be something for the slots) I'm so burned out on feeling like I had to do this and it's going to take me forever to actually leave the city again.

The problem is, if you're a raider, you *need* to do it. You're not doing it for cool rewards, you're doing it to keep your raid spot. Mounts, titles, that stuff is good for reputation rewards. Gear that's needed for raiding has always been a shitty reward that promotes retarded grinding tactics (remember doing ICC rep runs, killing just Marrowgar trash over and over again?) because for raiding gear it really matters whether you have it this week or next week. For mounts and other coolness stuff it doesn't matter so no one feels like they *have to* rush to the highest reputation and grind it to the max every day.

You can forever list stuff like "well just after questing you can buy a Klaxxi neck" but for raiders having the choice also matters because you might just get a neck from an early raid. Unlocking all the choice at the earliest possible time is a big advantage.
    Last edited by jaakkeli; 2012-11-03 at 03:22 AM.