Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Banned Temporary Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting between bans
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwing1232 View Post
    Now that classes that have fears don't even need to cast their spells anymore in that all fears are now instant, I think that it is only fair to give Ferals back its Fear immunity attached to Berserk. I don't believe that a 15 sec immunity on a 3min cd is too much to ask since Ferals are the ONLY melee class without some form of Fear mitigation. Warriors, Priests, Locks, and even Hunters (Im sure there are more) all have fears that work on druids.
    Yep, even monks can break fear...oh wait...

  2. #22
    Feral are perma-immune to sheep, making fear their only weaknesses, so no, getting a 15s anti-fear is out of the question.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Feral are perma-immune to sheep, making fear their only weaknesses, so no, getting a 15s anti-fear is out of the question.
    Not every comp has a Mage in it. Assuming perfect representation of each class, Ferals immunity to Polymorph & Hex is made up for by their susceptibility to Hibernate & Scare Beast.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Not every comp has a Mage in it. Assuming perfect representation of each class, Ferals immunity to Polymorph & Hex is made up for by their susceptibility to Hibernate & Scare Beast.
    The susceptibility exist, but both of these spell are 1.5sec cast, and any feral can demorph/remorph to avoid them, so that's somewhat a drawback but nothing consistent enough to allow them to have a fear immunity next to that

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,247
    I'd prefer if psyfiend, blood fear, intimidating shout, and fear treshold were slightly nerfed, instead of giving classes more CC immunity (look at avatar and bestial wrath changes in 5.1, players don't like immunity). Of course nerfing tremor totem a bit by increasing its cooldown, and making berserker rage a 90 second cooldown to compensate would fit in as well.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,185
    I agree, there are way to many CC abilities, so immunity is not the answer. This is how I see it, anything Blizz does will be difficult. They start making changes which equivalent to working with a Jenga tower that is stacked to the max. If they make a change (take a piece out or move anything) everything will fall/fail. BTW - they did( or are about to) nerf Psyfiend. But with so many stun locks by warriors, hunters, rogues, pretty much any melee class, psyfiend is one of our only saving graces, sinve we cant cast because we cant move/cast/breathe.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2012-10-30 at 08:30 PM.

  7. #27
    While 15sec on a 3min cd still doesnt seem excessive(warriors have 6sec immunity on 30sec cd), I would be fine with a nerf to fear instead. Last night I was insta-feared by a Lock then got hit with a 70k Chaos Bolt and STILL was running around with my head cut off the rest of the duration. That is absolutely rediculous.

  8. #28
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kingston upon thames
    Posts
    15,876
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Wow, really? You're already completely immune to poly and get free unlimited snare removal and you're complaining about fear? You are SUPPOSED to be cced from time to time in pvp, just like every other class in the game.
    this is part of the issue, if we could be immune to fear, we would have far too much mobility, casters would basically be a free kill for ferals. the problem is fear lasting too long / having too high a damage threshold, that just needs to be reduced and all is fine. not a big reduce on it, but being taken to 50% health in one fear is a bit silly, and then you just get feared again instantly. all that needs to happen is fear breaking a bit easier and it will fix some problems.
    Too cool for a signature

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    The point is that ferals also had a lot less abilities then and good players still made ferals work back then wihtout I win buttons. I guess cata/MoP babies happened.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 07:03 PM ----------



    Indeed. Anyone with half a brain should see the ridiculous OP-factor here but I guess people got so spoiled spamming mangle during berserk that they forgot how to play feral properly. Something that is true for some other classes as well.
    every season sees multiple specs unable to reach anything respectable

    are you so naive that you're gonna sit there on your really tall horse and say that NOBODY ON EARTH WHO PLAYS WOW was "good enough"?
    why the hell do you think 38% of all tournament final 4s were RMP?
    because RMP worked, was FOTM and had no hard counter that was easy to play, or because all the greatest e-athletes on earth happened to play RMP?

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 06:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    this is part of the issue, if we could be immune to fear, we would have far too much mobility, casters would basically be a free kill for ferals. the problem is fear lasting too long / having too high a damage threshold, that just needs to be reduced and all is fine. not a big reduce on it, but being taken to 50% health in one fear is a bit silly, and then you just get feared again instantly. all that needs to happen is fear breaking a bit easier and it will fix some problems.
    fear isn't interacting with absorbs properly right now. 1 absorbed damage = fear won't break

  10. #30
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,718
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    please this! i try to avoid fighting shadow priests and warlocks now as i spend most of the fight feared. rather give us a fear immunity, or lower the damage threshold of fear. being taken to 50% health within a fear is not OK! especially since you just get feared right away again anyway. warriors fear isnt so bad, that one seems to break pretty quickly once you take damage, its the warlock and priest ones that seem to last too long. if you trinket the fear, you just get feared instantly again.
    I'm a warlock and I want a stun / silence immunity then.
    You get taken to 50% hp by a fear, well, I've died several times in a single stun/silence, heck, pretty much any melee can take me over 50% hp in a single stun so I don't see what the problem is.
    But what you say, you trinket and get feared again? Remind me of how warriors, rogues and several other classes can just stun/silence me again when I trinket.

    Also, stuns don't break on damage so why don't we apply a "breaks on x% damage done" to it?

    I think I made my point, melee has stuns, locks and spriests have fear...

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I'm a warlock and I want a stun / silence immunity then.
    You get taken to 50% hp by a fear, well, I've died several times in a single stun/silence, heck, pretty much any melee can take me over 50% hp in a single stun so I don't see what the problem is.
    But what you say, you trinket and get feared again? Remind me of how warriors, rogues and several other classes can just stun/silence me again when I trinket.


    I think I made my point, melee has stuns, locks and spriests have fear...
    Except there isnt a single stun in the game that lasts for 8 sec... and then 5sec... and then 3... Give me an 8sec stun and we'll call it even.

    Also most stuns require a rampup (combo points/rage/runes) or some sort of special circumstance (stealth)

  12. #32
    I think the best route is increase the DR. The only way I see fear being as bad as people say is 1v1. I've seen plenty of blue posts discussing 1v1 and Blizzard does not want to balance the game around it. In a 2v2 and up, the lock won't be able to keep you feared and pummel you. If they can, you have a bad partner, etc. Fear at that point becomes more of a poly/blind, etc. where you're just kept out of the fight.

  13. #33
    Ferals are the ONLY melee class without some form of Fear mitigation.
    Wait, monk has fear mitigation?

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    silence immunity then
    Undending Resolve says hello.


    OT:

    I don't really see why attaching fear break to Berserk again is a big deal. In 3s right now nearly all you see is KFC, which has 2 classes (3 with pally healer) with peels for feral (trap, 20s shockwave, hoj, aoe disorient). If a feral pops Berserk to break a Fear gratz you just made him waste his biggest DPS cooldown. Most other classes have somewhat short (1-2 mintute) cds they can pop to burst if needed in between, feral only has Tiger's Fury.

    A big problem with Fear for ferals is our runspeed. Even when I cancel form fear can put me in africa in the middle of a match, because of how fast I run from set bonus and boot enchant. Stack on innate cat run speed if you DON'T (or can't if the other team has a mage/shaman with decent awareness) leave form and you can end up a long way away from your partners.

  15. #35
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kingston upon thames
    Posts
    15,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I'm a warlock and I want a stun / silence immunity then.You get taken to 50% hp by a fear, well, I've died several times in a single stun/silence, heck, pretty much any melee can take me over 50% hp in a single stun so I don't see what the problem is.But what you say, you trinket and get feared again? Remind me of how warriors, rogues and several other classes can just stun/silence me again when I trinket.Also, stuns don't break on damage so why don't we apply a "breaks on x% damage done" to it?I think I made my point, melee has stuns, locks and spriests have fear...
    thats a whole different issue. saying x class can do this, so mine should aswell is not really helping. also, i said i dont think feral should have fear immunity, it would make feral far too op imo, although we would have to pop our best dps cooldown to do it, i still think its a bad idea. fear is just broken at the moment. i actually think if i could be immune to fear for 15 seconds i could kill most warlocks within that time

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 01:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Undending Resolve says hello. OT:I don't really see why attaching fear break to Berserk again is a big deal. In 3s right now nearly all you see is KFC, which has 2 classes (3 with pally healer) with peels for feral (trap, 20s shockwave, hoj, aoe disorient). If a feral pops Berserk to break a Fear gratz you just made him waste his biggest DPS cooldown. Most other classes have somewhat short (1-2 mintute) cds they can pop to burst if needed in between, feral only has Tiger's Fury. A big problem with Fear for ferals is our runspeed. Even when I cancel form fear can put me in africa in the middle of a match, because of how fast I run from set bonus and boot enchant. Stack on innate cat run speed if you DON'T (or can't if the other team has a mage/shaman with decent awareness) leave form and you can end up a long way away from your partners.
    if ferals could be immune to fear, it would make us have far too much mobility, we already =y have very fast run speed, a slowing debuff attached to mangle, immune to polymorph and can shift out of snares.also good point about the run speed, maybe thats making it seem worse for me, just after ive been feared, its very hard to get back to the warlock, and then stay on him. i didnt really think about the run speed before. the damage output a feral can do with cooldowns up is crazy, immune for 15 seconds would be enough to kill most warlocks (depending on their partners) maybe if there was to be a fear immunity it should only last 5seconds instead of the full 15seconds.
    Too cool for a signature

  16. #36
    Lawls, no Fear immunity for Druids would make them overpowered again. Its bad enough theyre allowed to shift roots still with no ICD.

  17. #37
    id trade my fear as a destro lock for a instant root like encase you in molten lava with no cd sound better?

  18. #38
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdiskspace View Post
    id trade my fear as a destro lock for a instant root like encase you in molten lava with no cd sound better?
    /facepalm

    You realise druids can just shift out of roots right?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I'm a warlock and I'd much rather see a nerf to retarded abilities such as Psyfiend and Blood Fear. Fear is a powerful CC in itself, making it instant and uncounterable is just plain retarded, and sort of annoys me when I'm landing it so easily. The amount of CC is out of control at the moment, I think that's the major problem.

    If ferals were to ever get back their fear immunity, then I'd want to see skull bash gone.
    i'm inclined to agree.. as a warlock and a feral ^^.

    anything that would make me immune to fear the way feral is playing right now would feel wildly over powered if it wasnt balanced out somehow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  20. #40
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,000
    Simple change, aoe fears break on damage.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •