Improved Destruction 2-target cleave Simcraft Numbers! 136k -> 151k

Hey!

I was messing around with the destruction APL in simcraft and found an APL that actually puts destruction's 2 target cleave damage within 2k of both demo and affliction in BiS profile.

Current 2-target cleave results

My results for destruction gives destruction a 2-target cleave damage of 151k up from 136k. The only real changes of note are 1) Rain of Fire is kept up and 2) chaos bolt is the only thing cast with havoc.

I'm now pretty interested in seeing if the rest of destructions simc profile is sub-par so I'll be spending some time the next few days messing around seeing if I can get simcraft to report Destructions' numbers more accurately.

-Brusalk

Updated Priority List
    Code:
    #!./simc 

warlock="Warlock_Destruction_T14H"
    origin="unknown"
    level=90
    race=orc
    spec=destruction
    role=spell
    position=back
    professions=engineering=600/enchanting=600
    talents=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Vb!..0.2.
    glyphs=conflagrate/burning_embers

actions.precombat=flask,type=warm_sun
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=mogu_fish_stew
    actions.precombat+=/dark_intent,if=!aura.spell_power_multiplier.up
    actions.precombat+=/summon_pet
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/jade_serpent_potion

actions=curse_of_the_elements,if=debuff.magic_vulnerability.down
    actions+=/use_item,name=shaskin_gloves
    actions+=/jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20
    actions+=/dark_soul
    actions+=/service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled
    actions+=/grimoire_of_sacrifice,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled
    actions+=/summon_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_sacrifice.enabled&buff.grimoire_of_sacrifice.down
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=cleave,if=active_enemies=2
    actions+=/run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>2
    actions+=/summon_doomguard
    actions+=/havoc,target=2,if=active_enemies>1
    actions+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react
    actions+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&target.time_to_die>=5&miss_react
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86)&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time)&mana.pct<=80
    actions+=/conflagrate
    actions+=/incinerate
    actions+=/chaos_bolt,if=burning_ember>2&mana.pct<10

actions.cleave=summon_doomguard
    actions.cleave+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight
    actions.cleave+=/havoc,target=2
    actions.cleave+=/shadowburn,if=ember_react
    actions.cleave+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=ticks_remain<add_ticks%2&target.time_to_die>=5&buff.havoc.stack<1&miss_react
    actions.cleave+=/chaos_bolt,if=ember_react&(buff.backdraft.stack<3|level<86)&(burning_ember>3.5|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time|(buff.havoc.stack>=3&buff.havoc.remains>cast_time))&(mana.pct<=80|(buff.havoc.stack>=3&buff.havoc.remains>cast_time))
    actions.cleave+=/conflagrate
    actions.cleave+=/incinerate
    actions.cleave+=/chaos_bolt,if=burning_ember>2&mana.pct<10

actions.aoe=summon_doomguard,if=active_enemies<7
    actions.aoe+=/summon_infernal,if=active_enemies>=7
    actions.aoe+=/rain_of_fire,if=!ticking&!in_flight
    actions.aoe+=/fire_and_brimstone,if=ember_react&buff.fire_and_brimstone.down
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up&!ticking
    actions.aoe+=/conflagrate,if=ember_react&buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/incinerate,if=buff.fire_and_brimstone.up
    actions.aoe+=/immolate,cycle_targets=1,if=!ticking

head=shaskin_hood,id=87188,gems=burning_primal_80int_160hit_180int
    neck=amulet_of_seven_curses,id=87028,reforge=hit_mastery
    shoulders=shaskin_mantle,id=87191,gems=80int_160hit_60int,enchant=200int_100crit
    back=cloak_of_overwhelming_corruption,id=90512,enchant=180int,reforge=haste_hit
    chest=shaskin_robes,id=87190,gems=80int_160mastery_80int_160mastery_180haste,enchant=80all,reforge=haste_hit
    wrists=shining_cicada_bracers,id=86992,enchant=180int,reforge=hit_mastery
    hands=shaskin_gloves,id=87187,enchant=170mastery,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii,reforge=haste_crit
    waist=belt_of_malleable_amber,id=86981,gems=80int_160mastery_80int_160hit_120haste_160int,reforge=haste_mastery
    legs=leggings_of_shadow_infestation,id=86989,gems=160int_80int_160hit_120int,enchant=285int_165crit,reforge=crit_hit
    feet=sandals_of_the_unbidden,id=86969,gems=80int_160mastery_60hit,enchant=140mastery,reforge=hit_crit
    finger1=watersoul_signet,id=90511,enchant=160int,reforge=spi_mastery
    finger2=fragment_of_fear_made_flesh,id=86949,enchant=160int,reforge=hit_mastery
    trinket1=essence_of_terror,id=87175
    trinket2=relic_of_yulon,id=79331
    main_hand=regails_crackling_dagger,id=90513,gems=80int_160hit_60crit,enchant=jade_spirit
    off_hand=tornadosummoning_censer,id=86960,enchant=165int,reforge=crit_mastery

# Gear Summary
    # gear_strength=80
    # gear_agility=80
    # gear_stamina=20397
    # gear_intellect=17867
    # gear_spirit=368
    # gear_spell_power=8441
    # gear_hit_rating=5100
    # gear_crit_rating=5223
    # gear_haste_rating=2470
    # gear_mastery_rating=5990
    # gear_armor=14882
    # meta_gem=burning_primal
    # tier14_2pc_caster=1
    # tier14_4pc_caster=1
    # hands=shaskin_gloves,heroic=1,addon=synapse_springs_mark_ii
    # main_hand=regails_crackling_dagger,heroic=1,weapon=dagger_1.80speed_2515min_4671max,enchant=jade_spirit
    default_pet=felhunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Zinnin also busy with the Destro profiles, specifically the cleave ones? Pretty sure I saw him talk about that somewhere. But anyway: Good! Will be interesting to see how much the Destro list can be improved to give a better picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambident View Post
    Ah, *that's* where I saw it. So the RoF trick wasn't new, but is now at least confirmed by a second person messing around with the profiles. Interesting. I vaguely remember Blizz changing stuff to prevent RoF being a single target increase, wonder how they feel about us (potentially) using it in 2 target situations.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wasn't Zinnin also busy with the Destro profiles, specifically the cleave ones? Pretty sure I saw him talk about that somewhere. But anyway: Good! Will be interesting to see how much the Destro list can be improved to give a better picture.
    Didn't know someone else had already messed around. At least it's still relevant. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I also had the list save embers for execute because 3x Shadowburn's are insane.

I'm now pretty interested in seeing if the rest of destructions simc profile is sub-par so I'll be spending some time the next few days messing around seeing if I can get simcraft to report Destructions' numbers more accurately.
    For the most part Destro's single target sim is accurate, there isn't any sweeping changes you can make to it. The Destro 2 target one was huge just because it was missing Rain of Fire and the use of Havoc wasn't optimized at all.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2012-10-29 at 02:02 AM.

How do you track Rain of Fire?

In 5.0.4, you don't unless you have an addon or you're really good at counting while doing other things.

In 5.1, there's a buff on you that I believe lasts the duration of the rain of fire. (maybe it's a debuff, not sure on this one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    ditdcaGljPTHs1mPcnBv1TLk7ukTxYUP0(LIFIs5VQu)wfdwsnCQYbrj6yQsNJkyHuPwkqzXQKLtXdLepvzzc8CunveMmv10fDrGQUkkjptvCDH2iI6ZcAZa2oqUm0HLyAO47OKAKav(gsmAPkJNk60GUfvY1qQZJKgMuvpgrghkH1Ri060818fHMt2aa4yQwxbpmA(qU3VqLaDMoIaPgyfOTP(a0utgAqT0addrJi0sQEOgccTPgpEHGqBUiaa0P2DfwoI7XQkva)MMF0us4XQrrdbH2uRYP7QKn1oEc14E4)3w6qnWkqBt9bOPMm0GAroEZ9W)VT0HYTg)enKWOfMAE)cv0Of54n)enKWOfMYTw0IGqBQLWo0xP2)u8fHM58rrO1f)juekvQf54n3djj3ACpKKi04qB4hv7JsTihVZYhTPUuQbjDS6sdAbHgok3AuzdaGJPi7IsadfhOW(dn9ZtqFhyxaUyO1myi8yjO6HALOPCvmAj6mJgudCy5FDsnOVgyfOTP(a0utgAqnwd9ZEImlyyycOdOdcOzOFPFeGlgAnBSJWaddrdxTVA9qyyVuTVbk14AVvzQsPkTgi1(Y0VVsj

This is a 7s bar timer for weak auras that just pops up every time you cast it. Duration isn't exact, but it's what I've been using.

In order to track it more accurately, here is the method to track it, however it has the requirement that your current target should be affected by RoF.
    Events>Buffs Gained>Buff Name>Rain of Fire(Or different if the actual debuff name is different)>Affected=Target>Source=Self>Duration=(Insert the tooltip duration).

Sorry if the explanation doesnt include the exact name of spelling, cant access to WoW atm.
    This is the method I use for ICD's and non-duration debuffs. What it does is: It starts the counter after the buff/debuff is on the target which makes it suitable for these purposes.

Forte Exorcist is able to track Rain of Fire.

I simply track Rain of Fire as a debuff on the mob with NeedToKnow.... Sure there is no duration but as soon as I notice the bar disappearing I just reapply it.

Thanks. I'm gonna try some Destro next week in MSV and possibly HoF seeing that Demo can't be my offspec anymore. I figured just staring at the rain to know when to reapply it wouldn't cut it. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Forte Exorcist is able to track Rain of Fire.
    The problem is IT TRACKS EVERYTHING. I guess it works well for warlocks since it was designed for it... I can use it with success for my hunter, but for my DK it's just bloated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    The problem is IT TRACKS EVERYTHING. I guess it works well for warlocks since it was designed for it... I can use it with success for my hunter, but for my DK it's just bloated.
    You can stop the tracking of spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Just set up the right filters and it shows only what you want to know

Start off by excluding everything, then add the things you do want to track.

Has anybody a clue how to add RoF tracking on TellMeWhen?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenchi View Post
    Has anybody a clue how to add RoF tracking on TellMeWhen?
    I use an internal cooldown icon set for 7 sec (you can set it to the exact duration if you want) and triggered by "Spell cast finish/Instant cast". In fact you can use the internal cd setting to track just about anything you want. I also use it to track temp pet durations (Doomguard/GoServ if I ever use it)