Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Yes, its available on the play
    store and the android market, not sure about iphones :/
    Available for both.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  2. #182
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,823
    I guess I should have specified, is it available through a web browser? I am one of those wacky people who don't have cell phones (actually I do have a work cell, but its an old-school basic cell).

  3. #183
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,494
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I guess I should have specified, is it available through a web browser? I am one of those wacky people who don't have cell phones (actually I do have a work cell, but its an old-school basic cell).
    Mobile app only. It offers guild/friends chat scratch and win cards and zone event alerts of the top of my head.

    I guess there is no web based version due to the fact if you're using a browser you're most likely at your computer and could play in game?
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  4. #184
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,823
    Awww...I wanted to scratch and win swag. =(

  5. #185
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,076
    Try that android emulator for PC - probably works on that. Bluestack I think it's called.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Why playing an MMORPG is like dating
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    Wocky "unplugged" YouTube (Real Life)Steam Games List"


  6. #186
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,823
    Thanks Wocky!

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    [*]Due to the changes with most classes abilities and the way they work, the days of 2 button macro spamming are pretty much over!
    Damn and I actually wanted to go back to Rift since my current GW2 class is broken and I didnt like MoP.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Damn and I actually wanted to go back to Rift since my current GW2 class is broken and I didnt like MoP.
    Well if your looking for an awesome game that requires a bit of thought to play, then RIFT its your best bet, there are some fairly simple specs still remaining, just 'most' stuff has been changed so there are not more 'GG' Buttons, which overall I think has had quite a positive impact on the game ^^
    My Youtube Channel for RIFT Guides/Endgame Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/user/Seatinmanoflegends

  9. #189
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,630
    Hopefully someone can help me here. I am 38/39 carnage quests in the Stepps. I have scoured the map and I cannot find the last mobs to kill for the carnage quest, is there something I can do to help me find it?

  10. #190
    There is a new addon called carnage book, I love it.

    You type /Carnage Zone Name and it will print the name of the quest and its objectives for the quests you've missed out on.

    It will say the location 99% of the time; for example, kill 16 spiders in the bone graveyard. which should tell you where you need to go


    here's the link:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nage-book.html
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Hopefully someone can help me here. I am 38/39 carnage quests in the Stepps. I have scoured the map and I cannot find the last mobs to kill for the carnage quest, is there something I can do to help me find it?
    Steppes was one quest short. They've since turned digger bugs (or whatever) into Carnage targets. You'll find them inbetween the two Storm Legion bases

  12. #192
    Try going to the architects that are south between the two forts, until the recent hotfix that went out they weren't a carnage and since then have become one. They were the 39th that most who had been stuck on 38 needed - since they weren't even an option at that point.

  13. #193
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    There is a new addon called carnage book, I love it.

    You type /Carnage Zone Name and it will print the name of the quest and its objectives for the quests you've missed out on.

    It will say the location 99% of the time; for example, kill 16 spiders in the bone graveyard. which should tell you where you need to go


    here's the link:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nage-book.html
    Thank you all who replied. I was sooooo hoping for an addon - this is great I'll try it at home. It's not that I default to lazy man's method - but I did mention that I have scoured the map manually with no luck, so this should be nice.

  14. #194
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,419
    Are support classes important? If I play a bard for example, will it be more difficult to find a raid group?

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Are support classes important? If I play a bard for example, will it be more difficult to find a raid group?
    Support is very important. Most raid encounters require a bard and right now, bards are even good for experts since most people don't out gear them.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Are support classes important? If I play a bard for example, will it be more difficult to find a raid group?
    Sometimes you may be expected to bard. Every raid should have a bard and an archon/bm and situationally a tactician. However, more than one bard is a waste of a raid spot as buffs do not stack and that is all you are there for as a bard. I actually kind of like barding, however another rogue in my guild has the role of bard, so it always bard in 20m and I am expected to DPS. In 10m however I bard. I also have tank spec available for 5m and possibly if ever needed in a pinch.

    With Rift, never expect to use only on spec. You have 6 to switch between at-will. There is no reason to be one spec all the time.
    Rift - Lathais@Deepwood - 60 Rogue / Arrieleah@Deepwood - 60 Mage
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

  17. #197
    In the trailers it looks like there are guardians and defiants together in a raid, is that really possible or something they just did for the trailer? (If so, is there still world pvp?)

  18. #198
    Factions are really only there for lore now. Guardian and Defiant can party up, trade, speak and even be in the same guilds. There is a huge new city that is shared by Guards and Defiant. Even the auction house & mail are cross faction.

    There is still world PVP on PVP servers. Normal fashion. On PVE servers you have to flag up first and then the game accounts for faction difference.

  19. #199
    Moderator aiko-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Sometimes you may be expected to bard. Every raid should have a bard and an archon/bm and situationally a tactician. However, more than one bard is a waste of a raid spot as buffs do not stack and that is all you are there for as a bard. I actually kind of like barding, however another rogue in my guild has the role of bard, so it always bard in 20m and I am expected to DPS. In 10m however I bard. I also have tank spec available for 5m and possibly if ever needed in a pinch.

    With Rift, never expect to use only on spec. You have 6 to switch between at-will. There is no reason to be one spec all the time.
    A little intimidating. I'll need to mess around and see what else I like. I chose bard because of the idea of support, but don't really feel up to dpsing or tanking. :<

  20. #200
    Hey, im thinking about trying rift for real - I played it a bit after release, but gave up about lvl 40.
    Ive made some research by myself, so I have general idea what changed since then, but Im wondering about just one thing:

    I heard somewehere that in late game you can macro effectively most of your skills into couple of macros, and just spam two-three buttons while in dungeon/raid (i mean, as a dps).
    Is it true? You can theoretically do the same in WoW - but its completely ineffective, due to procs, spell priorites etc, so how it is in Rift?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •