Deleted

Elegon: Fire + Sparks

We are currently trying Elegon 25. Newly formed guild... former 10m guild... progress slow due to low dps

I am completely unsure how to kill the sparks... do not know which bomb to use, do not know how to spread dots if this is possible (for me it seems not)... it simply feels like my dmg on the sparks is lacking, since fire needs some time to do dmg.

So can anybody please tell me how to kill these stupid sparks efficiently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Each spark has 2-3 people on it at a time,

I'm part of a 2man team for our spark, (Me: Mage, Partner: Mage)

First thing I do is Dot the bugger, I'm running Living Bomb at the moment (For the lower GCD) but I imagine Nether Tempest might do a bit more damage over the time window.

So basically I Dot it and do a normal rotation, take note though that in between waves of sparks I try to Proc a Pyro and hold onto it for the Spark wave.

Thats how I do it, maybe someone has a crazy epic trick to do it

Deleted
    Have you got one or two affliction warlocks? If yes, they can just spam seed of corruption on the boss and it will hit all of the adds. Dks can also spread diseases on all adds. Don't be afraid to tell people to use their big cooldowns to bring down the last few waves. My guild even decided to use our incombat potions to make sure we could kill the 6th wave. Other than that you'll just have to figure out how many you can reliable kill and go from there.

Deleted
    We have 2 locks seeding and 3 DKs spreading their diseases usually. Teams are usuall 4x3 and 2x4 (the 2 tanks are in these teams)

During the 3 sec time frame of next draw power I try to get a Pyroproc, but crit is very unreliable... I am sitting around 40% in raids at the moment, but in a 10 sec frame it is possible to get no crit at all... if this happens... at least the 4+ wave will get through

Is this simply a matter of f...d by rng?

480 ilvl at the moment, so gear is not lacking imho.

Deleted
    With that many dks and lock I don't see how it can be so troublesome, unless you're going for some ridiculous 7-8 stacks on the boss. What could help is try to balance the setup I guess. Try to keep with very low rampup time on the ones who are a bit more troublesome. For example, if your raid is having a lot of trouble with the one you, as a fire mage, are trying to kill then perhaps switching you or your partner for a warrior will help you out. From my own experiences warriors seem to be the strongest at bringing one of the adds down. Other than that you'll just have to wing it. It's still killable even if you can't get more than 4 stacks on the boss.

Simply put, mages are not ideal for killing sparks. Mages cannot spread ignite/pyro/LB, and our single target DPS relies pretty heavily on having Pyromaniac Debuff up, but when you get to wave 4-6, using a GCD for LB/NT is a complete waste.

Just ask your raid leader to put: Mages, Boomkins, Hunters (that are not surv) in the groups with 3 people. We also have our Warlocks un-assigned and they just AoE.

spam scorch on boss while he casts sparks, when you get one crit, inferno blast, now you have an instant pyro, save it for sparks, if the sparks are already there ,cast scorch on it fishing for a crit, if inferno blast is on cd, fireball. If you manage to land a good combustion on elegon, try to inferno blast it to spread it to the other sparks. Scorch has half the cast time so you have twice the oportunities to get the pyro using it instead of fireballs.
    Last edited by exdeath202; 2012-10-30 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Simply put, mages are not ideal for killing sparks.
    You mean Fire mages, since Frost mages do great damage on them quite fast and efficiently.

Deleted
    arcane is the best spec to deal with sparks. just cast arcane blast or missiles while at 5-6 stacks.

As fire for this fight, I use nether tempest. After the 3rd set, I stop putting up NT on the spark. Also, for the later sets, I make sure I have a pyro! saved up, and if I really get into trouble I have PoM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ralikonik View Post
    arcane is the best spec to deal with sparks. just cast arcane blast or missiles while at 5-6 stacks.
    they might be, but then again they are shit in every other aspect of the fight.

I never use my Bomb on sparks its a waste of GCD. Also two fire mages should never be on the same spark. sure it can work, but it is taking a chance.
    Fire mages lack in consistent fast burst, witch is exactly what is needed for sparks. What we do in my guild is grouping strong burst classes with mages, usually me+hunter, the 3rd person have been different each time, though something like rogue war boom.
    additionally on the first phase2 i use my combat potion on 4th+5th spark. hunter uses he's potion in 2end ph2 on 4th+5th spark.
    And as some one pointed out fish !pyro's with scorch and IB in between spawns. though personally i never use scorch on the sparks unless they get really close to the pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    they might be, but then again they are shit in every other aspect of the fight.

I never use my Bomb on sparks its a waste of GCD. Also two fire mages should never be on the same spark. sure it can work, but it is taking a chance.
    Fire mages lack in consistent fast burst, witch is exactly what is needed for sparks. What we do in my guild is grouping strong burst classes with mages, usually me+hunter, the 3rd person have been different each time, though something like rogue war boom.
    additionally on the first phase2 i use my combat potion on 4th+5th spark. hunter uses he's potion in 2end ph2 on 4th+5th spark.
    And as some one pointed out fish !pyro's with scorch and IB in between spawns. though personally i never use scorch on the sparks unless they get really close to the pillar.
    i beg to differ :/ i dont get why people just hating on arcane >_> its just mind blowing, they dont even try the spec and "assuming" its a terrible spec. heck im even pulling ahead of our frost mage. i just think people are afraid of trying out new stuff until they finally realise its not a bad spec that heavily relies on rng and pets(god i hate pets >_>)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i beg to differ :/ i dont get why people just hating on arcane >_> its just mind blowing, they dont even try the spec and "assuming" its a terrible spec. heck im even pulling ahead of our frost mage. i just think people are afraid of trying out new stuff until they finally realise its not a bad spec that heavily relies on rng and pets(god i hate pets >_>)
    WoL wants a talk with you. As we are currently discussing in another thread were you are clearly not receptive of anything, again fire is not rng, i would normally stop here. but for the rest of the forum;

Only the number 1 ranked arcane mage is above my dps on elegon25. and the decline downwards in dps starts fast after him, at rank 29 arcane is below 100kdps!!!
    Only the top4 frost mages is higher than me.
    Yet im am far behind the top fire mages, currently ranking 156 fire mage.
    Now i know sparks play a major role in this fight and i do not know how many the different rankings have been killing. we have not gotten a "perfect" kill yet as we go for 5x5 but so far always failed on at least one resulting in 5x4(or 4x5), +dps lost in the fail of trying to kill spark and not get the elegon dps and let the 6th reach pillar. I know for a fact that nr4 frost mage is getting more sparks than we are(same server)

I am assuming you are talking about Energy Charges--the sparks are the ones that spawn from the circle things.

If you are looking for raw damage you are able to LB->IB to hit 3 adds.

For a 25m guild it is probably best to stick your Mages with Warriors, Monks or DKs. I am positioned with a Fury Warrior, Prot Warrior and Disc Priest and we have no problems killing the adds.

If you are having trouble with your add make sure you watch the castbar and are not casting a spell that won't end before the boss finishes casting the charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my 10m I was running Frost so the orbs were easy for me, however the other Mage was Fire. I got him to switch to POM Pyro and on the 4th wave he had that in there and almost never had an issue getting it down. Also blow CD's on 3rd and 4th if you need too (again 10m wise).
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    I am in a 10 man as Fire and I also have the PoM ready by the end of the second spark and use it on the fourth one if I dont got a ready HS up.
    I usually kill it but if I got unlucky with the crits our boomking is keeping an eye on me as I am the one that is most likely to fail coz of the RNG.
    I may loose the PoM for the boss phase but it's better to have the spark killed then wipe at the end of the boss.
    I haven't tried to go frost but with not getting issues with the sparks I prefer to stick with Fire.

Can I have a tip on the beginnig on the boss and CD usage since I seems to have some better gear and with prepotting and perfect crits and over 100K ignite cant outburst the boomkin in our grp. I am peaking at 230K dps at that time but sometimes I just do 140K coz of low Pyro crits and I am just pissed.

What I am doing wrong or just that Hybrid class is broken again
    I use AT the moment I have HS ready and for that gives me 2 instant pyros and the I use my PoM-Pyro and the ignite.
    Is there is a macro for that that will do me the job?

Just to clarify I am refering to HC since the sparks got above 700K HP and the normal are around 400K ish.
    Last edited by mmoc9a3976543c; 2012-10-31 at 08:39 AM.

I'm only running 10 man and normally I can kill 4 sparks alone, but that needs a bit of luck. Sadly this phase also kills my DPS on Elegon a bit, because I don't dare to use my instant pyros on Elegon. I always save them for the sparks. 5 Stacks for the Raid > my penismeter.

What I do is: I keep Nethertempest up on the boss and just spam Fireball. As soon as the sparks appear I switch to them and throw my instant pyro in there. If it crits it's win. If it doesn't I keep spamming Fireballs and try to fish for another heating up proc. Currently I'm at ilvl 482 so my gear is actually pretty good. Had more problems with less gear. For the worst case I usually have someone to back me up (normally a melee guy).

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been said before but what I do is scorch the boss to death and hope for pyro procs, which i got in 80% of the cases Just use inferno blast to asure of one!

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel