Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ActiBlizz you make some nice trailers :)

I rather enjoyed this little gem. Enjoy Guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wIZp_E2CxQ&feature=b-mv

FPS Russia made my day

I wish they spent all the money that's wasted on marketing in actually developing more depth into the games.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I wish they spent all the money that's wasted on marketing in actually developing more depth into the games.
    If only this could happen

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

That was honestly one of the most pointless video I've seen. They just got random celebrities of varying levels and tossed them into a giant CGI explosion actionfest. It has literally nothing to do with the game, unless you can now ride horses and fly jets.

This is the kind of marketing I hate. It has no grounding within the game, tells us nothing about us, and just goes, "SEE! WE HAVE FAMOUS PEOPLE! RECOGNIZE THAT GUY? YOU DO? GOOD! BUY THE GAME NOW! IT HAS SHOOTY BANG MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS AND STUFF!". Really really really dislike as much as possible.

Fps russia ftw!! love the videos he make. This cod video was not very good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think this is more activition but besides that point.
    When i compare this "nice" trailer. To the things Microsoft is making for halo 4.. this is really poor.

I liked that Halo trailer better.

youtube comments is a halo vs CoD trolling war though

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

My shotty bang game is better than your shooty bang game!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    My shotty bang game is better than your shooty bang game!
    Is this an appropriate place to put this video?

10+ Year Old Account
    That was honestly one of the most pointless video I've seen. They just got random celebrities of varying levels and tossed them into a giant CGI explosion actionfest. It has literally nothing to do with the game, unless you can now ride horses and fly jets.

This is the kind of marketing I hate. It has no grounding within the game, tells us nothing about us, and just goes, "SEE! WE HAVE FAMOUS PEOPLE! RECOGNIZE THAT GUY? YOU DO? GOOD! BUY THE GAME NOW! IT HAS SHOOTY BANG MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS AND STUFF!". Really really really dislike as much as possible.
    People like you annoy me, you completely missed the point of the commercial which wasn't even hard to see, they literally said, "There's a soldier in all of us." The point is to say everyday people can play this game, I enjoyed it, it was pretty cool.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    People like you annoy me, you completely missed the point of the commercial which wasn't even hard to see, they literally said, "There's a soldier in all of us." The point is to say everyday people can play this game, I enjoyed it, it was pretty cool.
    I get that point. But again, they need to keep it relevant to the game. At no point in the game (at least the multiplayer) do you end up riding a horse or flying a jet (sorry, those two stick out for me). I get tired of marketing for games that's unrelated to the game itself, and uses other tools to push a theme. If you want to push a theme, that's great, themes are important in playing and selling games. But keep it relevant to the games.

And they sure had a lot of celebrities for "everyday people". And before it comes up, this has nothing to do with my opinion on the game, this is entirely about the content of the commercial.

That was honestly one of the most pointless video I've seen. They just got random celebrities of varying levels and tossed them into a giant CGI explosion actionfest.
    The only celebrity I recognized is RDJ.

I get that point. But again, they need to keep it relevant to the game. At no point in the game (at least the multiplayer) do you end up riding a horse or flying a jet (sorry, those two stick out for me).
    Really? How much of Black Ops 2 have you played?

Oh? What's that? The game isn't out yet so you're actually just spouting nonsense since you don't have any idea whether or not you can fly jets or ride horses? Well boy howdy you're in for a treat. You see, I did some light googling, and it turns out, YES, you can fly jets in the game. OH?! WHAT'S THAT? You can ride horses too? Well hoowee.

What were you saying about the trailer again?
    Last edited by Boogums; 2012-10-30 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    The only celebrity I recognized is RDJ.
    Jack Black (I think?), FPS Russia and some others that I recognize as famous people but don't know their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Really? How much of Black Ops 2 have you played?

Oh? What's that? The game isn't out yet so you're actually just spouting nonsense since you don't have any idea whether or not you can fly jets or ride horses? Well boy howdy you're in for a treat. You see, I did some light googling, and it turns out, YES, you can fly jets in the game. OH?! WHAT'S THAT? You can ride horses too? Well hoowee.

What were you saying about the trailer again?
    Interesting. I stand corrected. Did some googling and horses will be in the multiplayer as a kill streak. Just seems beyond strange given the futuristic theme of the game. However the jet appears to be single player only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheap Celebs on a Green Screen with very cheap effects. I will say that if you can ride horses, it will be the single greatest innovation CoD has ever brought to the genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

for a second i thought the grenade was a pokeball O-O i was sorely disappoint
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    for a second i thought the grenade was a pokeball O-O i was sorely disappoint
    Yeah, the sticky grenades look the same as it did in MW2.

Waaaayyyy too much Michael Bay influence there.

Deleted
    I didn't like the CoD trailer myself, but I can see why people could enjoy it.

I'm not for brainless shooting myself so I'm not a fan of the CoD series anyway. (not saying brainless shooting is bad, it's just not for me)

Well, my personal opinion is there's been so many COD games (9th full game I believe) that at this point your not going to convince someone to buy the game based on gameplay videos. Everyone pretty much knows what to expect with a COD in the title. My only gripe is i only recognized one person and another who I know but don't know their name (Second guy in using the sniper rifle).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    I rather enjoyed this little gem. Enjoy Guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wIZp_E2CxQ&feature=b-mv

FPS Russia made my day
    It's easy to see what kind of people they are marketing to as well. And I don't mean intellectuals.
    "OH GAIS LOOK! We put some of these hip people you kids know from them youtubes! Great huh?" Whilst at the same time saying absolutely NOTHING about the game itself. It's a horrible trailer. I didn't think anyone could make a worse trailer than Anet did for GW2 but damned if ActiBlizz didn't make a worse one.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tumadre80 View Post
    It's clear that "everyday people" are their marketing targets. It's also quite clear that these are the only people that buy and like the CoD series anymore.
    Yeah, I went there.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post

I'd say Halo wins by a landslide, and I don't even own an Xbox.

CoD:BO Live Trailer:

I think they should have gone with a different campaign instead of simply adding more explosions on exactly the same idea.
    I'm still thinking about it...