Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is anyone else having as bad of luck as me?

I've used 15 elder charms of good fortune, and have run all parts of LFR every week, and have not seen 1 item yet (apart from a couple sigils of wisdom). Now that totals up to approximately 34-35 chances for loot.

Why oh why do you hate me so RNG!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I've used 15 elder charms of good fortune, and have run all parts of LFR every week, and have not seen 1 item yet (apart from a couple sigils of wisdom). Now that totals up to approximately 34-35 chances for loot.

Why oh why do you hate me so RNG!?!?
    With 1 exception, every time I've won something with a charm it's been:
    - immediately after I've won an item
    - a duplicate of the item I just won

Not sure if that makes you feel better.

The chance of getting an item unfortunately is horrendously STUPIDLY small.

90% chance of gold, what a waste and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post

Then don't use them. Many players like the idea of selecting specific bosses for an additional loot CHANCE, but not being swamped with free epics.

@OP I got one useful item out of ~12 charms so far.

It's funny, my warrior with ~3 weeks of lfr + coins has gotten maybe 2 items, and my shaman alt who has done 2 weeks no coins has gotten showered in epics, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i am very unlucky, i have been farming ony for 2.5 years, maybe longer and i have seen the mount drop twice and both times i didn't win. doesn't get much un luckier than that considering the drop rate is .05% every 7 days =D

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Then don't use them. Many players like the idea of selecting specific bosses for an additional loot CHANCE, but not being swamped with free epics.

@OP I got one useful item out of ~12 charms so far.
    Free epics? So a raidboss giving loot is free epic already.
    With how low the chance to actually get an item via these charms is, they might as well upped the gold from bosses by something like 10. Would've had the same result in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the same boat as Tinsoul. Won one items using coin after not winning any loot (Got dps trinket from elgalon)

Rest of the time, if I have won something randomly and I use a bonus roll I end up with something else (But I have not received a duplicate as yet)!

RNG is RNG!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's horrid luck OP, for me I've received 2 pieces of gear every week and 1-2 sigils per week, putting me at 7.

5 of my loot pieces are coin rolls (helm, chest, belt, legs, mainhand).

RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch that sucks. I've actually had good luck personally. My mage got every drop he could use except the trinket in 2 weeks of lfr.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

It's equally bad on my main, where I got excactly one item. My twink though is getting flooded with epics... kinda stupit, as there is no place for her in our raid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I don't spend my charms on LFR bosses, I couldn't tell. I did get a one or two items last reset from Normal tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think I've had loot (and not the duplicate kind) on half of the charms I've used. Not used a single one in LFR, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post

Um out of the 3 charms I use every week (only on normal mode bosses LFR would be a waste for me) I have received loot from 1 so far each week. Maybe RNG favors me but its been fairly similar for my guild mates as well, 1 out of 3 charms each week normally yields loot.

I highly doubt its 90% chance cause that would mean we have been unbelievably lucky thus far but I do like the random number you just pulled out of your ass.
    Last edited by Darkfrosty; 2012-10-30 at 04:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only used 1 coin and got nice shoulders from Gara'jal the Spiritbinder

Seems like lucky me

10+ Year Old Account
    Have been killing every boss in lfr since week 1 lfr, 4 bosses in normal each week since relase, 5 this week. Spent 13 Golden coins so far: exactly 0,0 boss drops for me. Hell i was happy to be the only plate tank this expansion in our raid, and now nothing drops... Our second Tank took 2 Weeks to 90, and now he has much better gear than me... (at least i bought all the vp-items available for the points you can get, and also 2 craftables)

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    nah, it's the chance part that people hate, especially after having to do 45 dailies each week to get the 90 charms, might not seem like a lot to some poeple, hell I ahve some 5 weeks worth stockpiled, but for people who don't do dailies regularly it is

imo they should made it so that you get 1 coin per either 1 or 2 weeks and it is a 100% item chance, something guaranteed for more casual players and raiders can use them on bosses where they had bad luck with drops, right now it's just another rng

iirc I got 2pvp belts and tier legs from sha and a neck from stone gard

Chance to get loot is like 15% or so.. so 85% chance give or take to get crap all.

They made the chances so small it's stupid, only gives the illusion of omg they are nice.. but in reality, they nerfed chance of getting loot, so they add another LOW chance of getting loot with the illusion of omg they are nice letting us have another chance.
    lol stupid people.

My luck's been pretty good with them. I've gotten tier gloves and a cloak and neck so far.

That aside though. I think its a good system. It incentivises dailies a bit more, which could be argued as a bad thing I guess, but I don't mind since I'm going to do them for rep and valor anyway. They allow you to decide when you want to get an extra drop chance, which you can probably line up on a boss with a dense loot table for your spec. For example, Gara'jal has 3 pieces my holy set can use, so I save most of my rolls for him. Also, it doesn't really mess with the loot system already in place. You don't get guaranteed loot, you just get an extra drop off of the boss, which may or may not be useful to you, just like any other boss loot drop.

As far as the time committment for the number of dailies required? That's really not as bad as it sounds. 45 dailies is a lot, but considering that you only need to do 45 per week, that ends up being 8 per day, which really isn't that bad. 30 minutes of questing a day and I get an extra 3 chances at loot, and on bosses I actually want loot from, I'll take it. Not to mention if you just suck it up and do the whole set of dailies for a week or so, you'll have enough stockpiled to cover a week of doing no dailies at all.