10+ Year Old Account

Elegon energy spark flame shock bug/lag?

This happened to me on normal a couple of times but on heroic it becomes a real problem. I would switch off to the energy sparks (i.e. the waves you have to kill) by tabbing / flame shocking them, just like I've been doing for years on my ele. At first I thought it was because I did it too fast, but a week later I waited a few seconds after they spawned and same deal. Even tried making a target macro and same deal. What basically happens is that flame shock is applied to elegon instead of the energy spark, as in there seems to be 1-2 seconds of lag, and it only happens to flame shock. Lightning bolt, earth shock, never seems to have that problem. I'm obviously hit capped and made sure that my flame shock is not missed. It becomes a real problem on hc when trying to get a 5th wave down.

Am I missing something obvious here and does anyone else experience the same?

Deleted
    Mhh have killed elegon every week so far, but never had that problem, can't really help you out there.
    I always click them, since with tab I could accidentially maybe target the wrong one which would result in a bad outcome.

Deleted
    I've tried it by tabbing and by just clicking on the target and I'm having the same problem. At the start I thought I was just messing it up and accidentally casting it on Elegon but that turned out not to be the case. Sometimes it doesn't even go on any targets, it just goes on cooldown without being used. I don't think it's confined to just Elegon either, I've noticed it happening even while questing, albeit very rarely. I've also tried it while flame shock was already on Elegon, sometimes it refreshes it and sometimes it does absolutely nothing.

I'm really not looking forward to heroic Elegon as I suspect this could be the cause of a lot of our wipes unless it's fixed by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayriael View Post
    Sometimes it doesn't even go on any targets, it just goes on cooldown without being used. I don't think it's confined to just Elegon either, I've noticed it happening even while questing, albeit very rarely. I've also tried it while flame shock was already on Elegon, sometimes it refreshes it and sometimes it does absolutely nothing.
    This is indeed the case.

Deleted
    Report it on official forums...so it can be fixed if it is bugged.

Noticed this a few times while farming skyshards, sometimes the delay is up to 2 seconds. Crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 month later and my penny just dropped:

This is my flame shock macro:

#showtooltip Flame Shock
    /cast [mod:alt, target=focus][target=mouseover,harm,exists,nodead][nomod] Flame Shock

If I use alt it will cast on my focus.
    If I mouseover a target that is alive and hostile, it will cast flame shock on that target.
    If none of these are true, than it will cast at my current target.

Guess what ... I was mousing over (or mouse overing) elegon due to it being such a big creature when I was targetting the sparks. Hence why it wouldn't cast on my current target.