Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    Hey there,
    My guild is 4/6 on MSV normal, havin a rough time on Elegon. Should we 1) move on to Heart of Fear this week, 2) finish MSV 6/6, or 3) blow through MSV 4/6 again and then head to Heart of Fear? Also, if you suggest something, can you please say why? Thanks!

Reckles, Tanaris- US
    Move to Heart of Fear, because if you don't, your raiders will leave for another guild in order to see the new content
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Elegon is tuned , what? Hes an easy walkover even in heroic :/
    Perhaps you shouldn't look behind you because it might cause you to get mad since all your logic and understanding will turn into nothingness... It's very hard to defend a position when nearly no one you talk with sits in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Doubt it will be as faceroll as LFR MSV too, so that's all we need
    Considering that I have at least half the time I went to the two MSV LFRs the groups I end up with either wipe 3+ times or begin an exodus, it's not that easy. We're talking about PuGs here. Now, if you bring 10 guildies with you, then yeah, you can sleep through it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Kick the retards who are stopping you from killing faceroll elegon, or if you cant replace them, then just find a better guild yourself.
    That way you can do both MSV and HOF ( at least on normal) next week.
    Trust me i think this is the best advice you will get.
    Dont let bad players hold you back (unless you are the bad player, then erm, awkward).

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well from what a guildmate is telling me (she's watching Exodus live stream) they have been wiping for a few hours now on Garalon hitting the enrage timer. guess they replaced all of their Melee DPS at one point as well. Looks to be fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Brilliant a realm first heroic achiever, top 37 guild in the world telling me a boss is easy, the other day, while trying to do an ollie, tony hawk told me im an idiot because doing a 360 pop shuv it in to a laser flip is a piece of piss.
    Did you at least have him autograph your board? =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Dont let bad players hold you back (unless you are the bad player, then erm, awkward).
    Thanks for the support. I think we're all equally "pretty good" raiders. I used to think I was awesome, but that was before I started watching people who actually are. Then it's like, "but, I don't understand how you can do DOUBLE my damage?! We're in the SAME gear, doing the SAME ROTATION! I'M EVEN HEROIC LEAPING ON BOSS FIGHTS /wrist" ...that kind of stuff. But ya, we cleared 8/8H DS and are downing two bosses in four hours a week. I'm happy with them and it's a good group of guys. At the same time though, if any top 100 guilds are recruiting....I'll listen. :P

If you enjoy your group, don't listen to the people who tell you to leave just to see more content. I value my friendships FAR more than that. I have a standing invitation from one of the current 6/6 MSV guilds on my server, but I'm close enough with my guildies, and have a good enough time raiding with them that I'll stay with my 4/6 normal group and love every minute of it, thank you very much.

We're planning to spend one more week in MSV working on Elegon-- we were missing two of our core dps last week, so we want to give him one more shot.

Next week, after the guild's had time to see some of the bosses in LFR, we'll move over to HoF after clearing the 4 MSV bosses we have on farm. The first few bosses in the instance should be tuned slightly easier than Elegon, so we'll look at getting practice on and gear from them, then finish up MSV once we hit a wall in HoF.

Deleted
    Hes tightly tuned for a average joe, not a heroic mode raider that usually clears instances fully before any nerfs hit, need to keep that in mind.

The first few in HoF would probably easier than Elegon, atleast this was the case on Beta... Not to mention the better quality of loot that drops from there.

So I would say start there.

Deleted
    Do what we are going to do on HC: Kill farm bosses in MSV (3 first on HC for us, 4 first on normal for you) and then move to HoF to possibly get more gear . Then go back to MSV to progress on that bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Hes tightly tuned for a average joe, not a heroic mode raider that usually clears instances fully before any nerfs hit, need to keep that in mind.
    The only tuning is people not executing the fight properly. Failing to dps sparks properly and push enough stacks of the debuff on Elegon. There are only a few "gear" checks in the zones, and most of them are in heroic. if you can play your class to a high level, then you can do with slightly less gear. Look at the top guilds in the world, they did all of that shit with heroic dungeon gear. Skill > Gear, if you're having problems killing a boss, play better. Analyze why you're failing to beat the enrage timer, do you have people who are doing subpar damage? People have to pull their weight, you can't carry people through this anymore. Not everyone will be able to play their class at a level of raiding proficient enough to achieve normal quality clears, much less heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If you enjoy your group, don't listen to the people who tell you to leave just to see more content. I value my friendships FAR more than that. I have a standing invitation from one of the current 6/6 MSV guilds on my server, but I'm close enough with my guildies, and have a good enough time raiding with them that I'll stay with my 4/6 normal group and love every minute of it, thank you very much.

We're planning to spend one more week in MSV working on Elegon-- we were missing two of our core dps last week, so we want to give him one more shot.

Next week, after the guild's had time to see some of the bosses in LFR, we'll move over to HoF after clearing the 4 MSV bosses we have on farm. The first few bosses in the instance should be tuned slightly easier than Elegon, so we'll look at getting practice on and gear from them, then finish up MSV once we hit a wall in HoF.
    Definitely, the biggest thing for me is playing with my guild mates, we're hoping that with another week of sha, lfr, MSV and hof our raiders should be that bit more geared to push elegon, if not then maybe one more week. I think HoF has come at just the right time because it is becoming clear unless we pick up another 20-30k dps from the start were not going to get this down. Weve lost decent raiders before due to slower progress, tbh most come back because they enjoy raiding in a more casual way.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    snip

Thanks, but disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Brilliant a realm first heroic achiever, top 37 guild in the world telling me a boss is easy, the other day, while trying to do an ollie, tony hawk told me im an idiot because doing a 360 pop shuv it in to a laser flip is a piece of piss.
    I couldn't help but read that in Ricky's voice.

Heart of Fear has been quite a bit more difficult so far, so if you have not been able to clear MSV on normal yet I would work on clearing it first.

As you requested, why; Most of the bosses in MSV are coordination or awareness fights (normal mode). If you are having trouble there, you will have a lot of trouble with heart of fear which is even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Look at the top guilds in the world, they did all of that shit with heroic dungeon gear.
    On my server all top guilds had nearly all world BoE's and they also took over BMAH given they had a full week to do that before raids opened. And also since they were the first lvl90's, they also had Galeon and also had the bugged Sha where you could spend all your coins

It's a slight underestimation to say that their gear was only heroic dungeon gear. Top guilds spend a lot of gold on getting world BoE's for that little extra. Not saying their skill is not what made the most difference, but top guilds wouldn't be top guilds if they didn't put effort in this. I mean there is competition and the best are taken, everyone does their best to be better. At least way more than the average joe guild where people don't even put a buckle on their blue heroic belt or get a meta gem for their blue helmet...

Ye, we don't need your elitism here. K tx bb

OT: Same here. But we are planning to finish MSV before entering the new raids. Had Elegon on 20% yesterday. So i'm confident we'll get him next reset. :-)