Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

We all live in a game?

this is an interesting topic that has been brought to my attention

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/one...-a-video-game/

now there is no right or wrong here its imagination

please don't go against what people think or their beliefs ....

this is not a religion thread

I'm totally for the little snow globe inside a snow globe generated universe... that is defined... it just seems so logical in a way where anything can be created...

it would also explain physics philosophy consciousness and all states of matter

what do you think?

i think its right up a MMO players ally

Deleted
    Bring on the cheat codes!

Deleted
    Sure it's a cool thought, but that's as far as I take it. A thought. I wouldn't really care if it turned out to be real, what would it change?

too much stupidness in this topic i wanna get banned for it.

Wow never heard that one before.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its a game, then its a sucky one.

No save/load function.
    Shitty UI
    No starting over
    No class selection or character customization (well, I suppose there is but its very limited and costly). Everyone starts out with a random character they have no say in.
    Broken professions
    Broken economy
    Debuffs such as disease are overpowered, dispels are either nonexistent or require expensive medical technology
    Putin khuliyo

inception... micro and macro universe

maybe soon we will propagate our own universe

and you put life on one planet and it spreads to others as you watch it... would be very entertaining

edit: lol orissa

Ha Ha yeah...I read a comic years ago that showed and entire universe living inside a frost fragment inside a freezer...opened my brain.

There are two tenets to this argument. One is that the universe (at a Quantum level) acts like a computer simulation because particles do not have a definite states until we measure them. The other is based on a probablity argument.

IMO, the first is simply a more updated version of the "God-of-the-gaps" argument: we don't understand the nature Quantum particles, so therefore interject some other overarching power that can do it for which we have no real evidence.

The second is just a "turtles all the way down" kind of argument. Eventually you have to get a FIRST civilization that develops this computer similution for us to be existing inside of. How do we know that we aren't living in a universe where is hasn't happened yet? We don't. There's no real evidence so for now it's just philosophy.

Seems to me like the title of the article is trying to make this a scientific idea by invoking a "NASA scientist," but this is nothing more than a cool thought some dude had while playing video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

he wasn't the first to think it however... i've known about it ever since the movie inner space (1980)

and it goes way back further than that... like pandoras box

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapTripper View Post
    this is an interesting topic that has been brought to my attention

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/09/one...-a-video-game/

now there is no right or wrong here its imagination

please don't go against what people think or their beliefs ....

this is not a religion thread

I'm totally for the little snow globe inside a snow globe generated universe... that is defined... it just seems so logical in a way where anything can be created...

it would also explain physics philosophy consciousness and all states of matter

what do you think?

i think its right up a MMO players ally

I want to find the asshole that designed the game and the noob that's playing me as a character. That fucker's got it coming!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post

No save/load function.
    Shitty UI
    No starting over
    No class selection or character customization (well, I suppose there is but its very limited and costly). Everyone starts out with a random character they have no say in.
    Broken professions
    Broken economy
    Debuffs such as disease are overpowered, dispels are either nonexistent or require expensive medical technology
    Yea, if thats the case, I wouldnt have started playing such a game in the first place as someone who doesnt like risks or real danger:P

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And Blizzard dailies are nothing compared to this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No stupid, we all live in a yellow submarine.

This "theory" doesn't deserve this level of rational thought. It's based on no empirical observation, other than a few cheesy science fiction books and movies.

It's no more valid a scientific theory than *** did it.

sounds like ancient aliens, very far fetched but impossible to prove wrong.

Another thing, which I don't think they mentioned. In every game, even if the graphics are really good, you can see the pixels, you can that "irl" (is it really rl if we live in a game?), though in a much much much much much smaller place that square leaves (I think it was somewhere in the quantum physics or something, that size)

We're all characters in a The Sims game from the year 3000.

interesting, but it wouldn't matter to us either way i don't think. accepting it may be the point of the simulation in the first place.