Deleted

A Suggestion to Revitalise Role Playing

Just thought I'd post a little idea I had that would hopefully revitalise roleplaying if it were implemented. So to get straight into it, I think they should get rid of roleplaying realms. Instead, you should be able to toggle on/off a roleplaying phase, which using phasing technology would put everyone with it toggled on into their own phase of the world were they could RP in peace and then return to the default phase whenever they wanted. This probably seems a little controversial but hear me out, there are plenty of benefits:

No more people accidentally entering roleplaying realms. This is quite a big problem with RP realms, where newbies accidentally pick a RP realm and are too invested in their characters to leave when they find out. This also causes a snowball effect, with their friends joining them on the RP realms despite having no interest in RP. With the RP it'd be much harder to accidentally turn it on, and if you did the problem can be solved in a click.

RP is made more accessible. I think part of the problem with the dearth of good RP comes from the fact that if you want to do it you have to create a new character cut off from the rest of wow's community and then have to dedicate time to this character. If players could just hop in for some casual RP in their spare time I think we'd get a lot more activity in the RP community. It works both ways as well: even dedicated RP's might wish to take a little holiday from RP without having to do it on an entirely new character.

Would help populate so realms which don't have many players, as realms would be merged together.

Also just to address some problems you guys may have with the idea:

This could admittedly lead to a lot of people going on RP realms to troll the RPers, although we already get trolls and I don't think the problem would escalate too badly. A blacklist function could also be implemented to get people banned from the RP phase or even banned full stop. Another potential problem is noob RP's who don't know the lore coming in and messing things up, but I genuinely don't think this will be any more of a problem than it already is. These people actually want to RP so they're already going to take the effort of going onto RP realms. Again, a blacklist function could deal with the really bad ones, but mostly I think we need to teach the noobs how to RP properly.

So there's my idea. Enjoy

But once again (:

transfers>money>profit for blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    But once again (:

Not that these people get transfers, they just highjack RP realms and make them their own.

And tbh companies really shouldn't be making money by making things more inconvenient for their customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    But once again (:

This misconception about Blizzard's greed is REALLY starting to get to me. I'm so tired of it. It makes them more money to make people happy than it does to rely on things like the rare transfer to or from an RP realm. It makes more sense for them to make customer A happy for a year worth of subs, and have customer A potentially recruit customer B, C, and for them to recruit D, and E, and so forth, than it is to make 25 bucks sometimes from someone transferring. These guys might have businessmen at their side, but they are still passionate about their games. Blizzard wouldn't be as successful as it is if it didn't give a shit about it's playerbase and only wanted profit. To think otherwise is uneducated, immature, and naive.

EDIT: On topic, I think it's a great idea that will never happen because Blizzard only has so much development time, and this just seems like a quality of life change that is too ambitious and would effect too few people to really be worth doing. Maybe a couple expansions from now.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-10-30 at 05:39 PM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarish24 View Post
    This misconception about Blizzard's greed is REALLY starting to get to me. I'm so tired of it. It makes them more money to make people happy than it does to rely on things like the rare transfer to or from an RP realm. It makes more sense for them to make customer A happy for a year worth of subs, and have customer A potentially recruit customer B, C, and for them to recruit D, and E, and so forth, than it is to make 25 bucks sometimes from someone transferring. These guys might have businessmen at their side, but they are still passionate about their games. Blizzard wouldn't be as successful as it is if it didn't give a shit about it's playerbase and only wanted profit. To think otherwise is uneducated, immature, and naive.

EDIT: On topic, I think it's a great idea that will never happen because Blizzard only has so much development time, and this just seems like a quality of life change that is too ambitious and would effect too few people to really be worth doing. Maybe a couple expansions from now.
    Although I wonder just how much work it would be? I mean merging realms is obviously a lot of work but the actual phase thing: I mean there would be no physical changes between the phases so I can actually imagine it being pretty easy to set up. I mean I don't know much about the logistics behind phasing but I'm sure it's not that difficult considering how much they use it nowadays. The realm merging could come later, in staggered form.

This right here is a major issue indeed. Despite the fact that Blizzard has assured players they're going to take things slowly, they've already hinted at the next expansion - which, to be frank, I doubt will really get far. WoW's dying, regardless of the subs they gain. They are beginning to get really desperate - as is obvious with Mists of Pandaria - and I really don't see what they could use for another xpac.

As for your idea, Protar, I think it' be an interesting idea to test out. Not that I actually play WoW anymore, but it still sounds neat. :3
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    This right here is a major issue indeed. Despite the fact that Blizzard has assured players they're going to take things slowly, they've already hinted at the next expansion - which, to be frank, I doubt will really get far. WoW's dying, regardless of the subs they gain. They are beginning to get really desperate - as is obvious with Mists of Pandaria - and I really don't see what they could use for another xpac.

As for your idea, Protar, I think it' be an interesting idea to test out. Not that I actually play WoW anymore, but it still sounds neat. :3
    They have actually started putting out content faster and are sticking to a tighter schedule to reduce long lulls like the "last teir to pre-expac". Gaining subs is a sign of life and not death. And games like EQ with only a couple of servers running and -100k subs is still pumping out expacs. Even if Blizz manages to lose 10million subs, 10 m i l l i o n, they will still have a couple million left. More than Rift, more than any other MMORPG. They will continue making expansions as long as they keep making money. Also point of fact. As soon as MoP was release they already start alpha for the next expansion. They have done so with every expansion. There are several dev teams working on several different projects. Just.....stop with this nonsense of WoW dying.

So far MoP has be an incredibly amazing expac. Your idea of WoW dying is ridiculous. Especially considering you don't play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post

What Nonfic said is correct, aside from the losing 10 million thing... they have roughly that number now if memory serves.

Still, regardless, that subject is not appropriate for this forum. Keep it out.

Well, I didn't need anyone to be so hostile towards me. It was my opinion. Either way, I agree with Madgod; therefore, I am withdrawing from the thread. ^_^
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    My boyfriend make me a small account of his WoW account,he let me to choose the witch to play cause I am not quick in action in short fight distance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's unlikely to happen, given that legitimate RPers represent a fraction of the playerbase. For instance, it would be easy to integrate a default version of MRP into the standard UI, but they don't because so few players would benefit from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Invite battletags of others from other servers. Engage cross server RP in game.