Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    ores herbs etc should remain local
    I would like to hear why you think so Do you disagree that the auction house on a tiny server is problematic for the players there? Do you disagree with that sharing economies between servers would only help the low pop servers and not negatively impact anything? Why? All I see is "I think". Where's the "because", people...

And is your reason CRAH should be introduced for vanity that "i dont care if i see a hundred duped tcgs shit"..?

Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I would like to hear why you think so Do you disagree that the auction house on a tiny server is problematic for the players there? Do you disagree with that sharing economies between servers would only help the low pop servers and not negatively impact anything? Why? All I see is "I think". Where's the "because", people...

And is your reason CRAH should be introduced for vanity that "i dont care if i see a hundred duped tcgs shit"..?
    Becuase i guess i would not like to see some casual who farmed some copper need to go up against some ah wizard from illidan who prolly has a shit ton of the stuff and has addons who can easily destroy any competition

like i said i dont give a fuck about mounts nobody does but the little guy on my little backwater server dont need to go up against the big boys from the bigger servers so if someone on my shitty server wants to buy a mount that cant be sold on illidan thats great cause i know they will never appear on my server but like i said it wont affect anybody

for an analogy very few people on my server shop at guccis but they all shop at walmart but now and again they would love to shop at guccis but when they get there they aint got no stock cause there is fuck all so thats where the CRAH can help but they know when they finish shopping they can go back knowing there jobs havent been taken over by some bastard who can easily undercut them
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-10-31 at 03:02 PM.

I agree that it's time to experiment with cross-realm AH. A month ago I moved my main to a lot more populated realm and it's much easier to both make gold and find something that I want. Should've done this years ago...

Deleted
    Why not sort out the real problem instead of applying a band aid and fiction that you share zones and the ah, but you are all in different realities so Blizz can milk transfer fees.

Get some actual server population management going, merge a few or offer free transfers to low pop servers. The market would then find its own level.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Why not sort out the real problem instead of applying a band aid and fiction that you share zones and the ah, but you are all in different realities so Blizz can milk transfer fees.

Get some actual server population management going, merge a few or offer free transfers to low pop servers. The market would then find its own level.
    We have been asking for server merges and transfers to low pop servers (why would anyone transfer to low pop, even if it was free lol) for years and years, and Blizzard have made it very clear that these are none of their plans. So now maybe it's time to move on and try to find a worse, but still adequate solution?

Deleted
    We have been asking for server merges and transfers to low pop servers (why would anyone transfer to low pop, even if it was free lol) for years and years, and Blizzard have made it very clear that these are none of their plans. So now maybe it's time to move on and try to find a worse, but still adequate solution?
    People would transfer if it was free. They make money from server transfers and dont want to lose that money. People from overpopulated servers do transfer out, but its a bit rich of Blizzard to expect you to pay for every character. People like a fesh start and whole guilds would transfer out. Many older players have several characters these days hence it being expensive to move ten characters, but ridiculous to be expected to pay for them all. You don't need cross realms anything if the population is sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be a disaster if they made cross realm ahs. Seems fine now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put simply it'd alter the model of how players earn gold from smart targeting to grinding.

-snip-.
    No intentions of trolling.

I cannot contest to how the EU realms are, I play US and the site was developed for US initially without EU support. Looking at it now I don't see any bugs, but I'll show you what I meant by my post.

I'm going to use US realms as I'm more familiar with them, but I will give you all the information you'd need.

Top 5 realms for level 90s that are raiding are Illidan, Stormrage, Area 52 , Kil'Jaeden and Frostmourne , the bottom five are Azshara, Onyxia, Garithos, Blackwing Lair and Dethecus. To keep this simple, I'm only going to do one faction, that being Horde.

Let's start with the Sha Crystal for the high pop in the same order I have 551g/140+available, 400g/20+, 656g/40+, 605g/70+, 738g/75+ and the low pop are 300-450g/0+, 800g/4+, 444g/6+, 450g/0+, 900g+/29.

Taking a look at that data, from the 5 high pop we have an average of 590g/69+ while the low pop are 593.8g/7.8+. Without even looking at the averages you can see that the prices are similar, the lower availability is a given, less people, less drops.

I'll do Ghost Iron Ore now, 2.32g/25000+, 1.62g/4200+, 2.76g/8100+, 3.39g/2400+, 3.45g/9900+ and the low pop are 5.04g/1480+, 5.41/1700+, 3.12g/1670+, 4.08g/1490+, 2.76g/240+.

Averaging it out again we have 2.71g/9920+ and 4.08g/1310+. There is only a 1.3g difference which is 150% increase going to a low population which doesn't seem like very much when you consider the availability is 750%+ higher on the high pop realms.

You can always expect some variation, but it's not night and day as you describe in your initial post, the prices are typically stable across all realms. You find the extremities when you have someone with over a million gold buying out entire items and relisting them. It's not uncommon on a high pop realm to see an item listed under vendor price as people rely solely on their addons.

In the end, if everything were merged, anything that wasn't useful to raiders or highly sought after by casuals (companions/mounts/transmog) would be at vendor price on the AH and everything else would be controlled by the richest guilds.
    Last edited by Peroxidex; 2012-11-01 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    First thing I came over: https://eu.theunderminejournal.com/item.php?item=74248. Scroll down to EU Markets Chart. What I can see in this picture is that the prices skyrocket when you move your eyes to the left, where the low population / small market AHs are. Then again it doesn't really matter, because according to the site these realms don't get the chance to buy 1000% overpriced Sha Crystals very often; they're usually nowhere to be bought at all. Unfortunately this was the only remotely relevant info I could find on the site in 10 minutes. The site seems heavily bugged or just missing information for a lot of realms, though. I'll keep looking

And I don't post auctions, ever. Bringing up this topic is kinda mostly because I'm surprised noone else has tried starting a constructive discussion about it. The community seems reluctant to try to find solutions for all the shit Blizzard does to the game...
    My realm is second highest price alliance side EU (Vashj).. and we don't have any. Honestly, our AH see's less than 1000 items a day, and mostly that's the same 4-5 bank alts listing 30-40 of the same item. (tome of clear mind for 10g.. really?)

I have a mailbox full of gems and enchants that I've bought because I never know when the next time I'll ever see them again. Epic leg enchant? .. nope. Living steel? I think I've seen maybe 4 since MoP launched.. don't even get me started on Meta gems

CRAH is the only thing about CR I'd support, but even then I'd prefer Blizzard just merged some of the extreme low pop servers together to fix the problems.

Low auction house prices are the result of a labor force that is willing to farm. Low population servers force players to be self supporters.