Deleted

DK self-healing low in PvP?

Am i the onlyone who thinks dk self healing is VERY underwhelming considering other melee class's and even some ranged ones.

DKs got a 25%heal in bgs 50% out of that every 3min and a 30-60k heal depending how much rp you have at the time as frost
    and if we dont want to use any long cd we have to use 2 runes to do a 13k-14k heal

while warriors got insane second wind and not sure if they got enrage regen anymore

palas got FoL, WoG etc.

Rogues got leeching posion and recuperate

locks self heal like crazy and i got no idea how.

spriest are just stupid atm their heals are very potent.

hunters got 30% healx2 + spirit mend

mages got cold snap 30% which also very low but atleast they got tons of absorb

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we have a couple of options:

- We can use Dark Succor and, as we down targets in BG's, we get 20% on the next DS.
    - We can DS for min 7%
    - We have 50% of our health on a 2m cooldown (not too bad)
    - We can also take conversion instead and pool RP or use lichborne with DG (glyphed)

No, I don't think we're underhealed. While we no longer ramp up BS or DS shielding/healing as blood in BG's, we didn't lose our min 7% or specific 20% from the glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well we have a couple of options:

- We can use Dark Succor and, as we down targets in BG's, we get 20% on the next DS.
    - We can DS for min 7%
    - We have 50% of our health on a 2m cooldown (not too bad)
    - We can also take conversion instead and pool RP or use lichborne with DG (glyphed)

No, I don't think we're underhealed. While we no longer ramp up BS or DS shielding/healing as blood in BG's, we didn't lose our min 7% or specific 20% from the glyph.
    DS is a major dps loss and is imo not worth the heal, and dark succor is less than useless in arena, and Conversion will drain your RP faster than you can say howdy leaving you unable to Frost strike

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post
    DS is a major dps loss and is imo not worth the heal, and dark succor is less than useless in arena, and Conversion will drain your RP faster than you can say howdy leaving you unable to Frost strike
    I agree about Conversion; I prefer Death Pact myself. Lichborne can be nice but only if you were RP capped anyway.

Deleted
    I agree about Conversion; I prefer Death Pact myself. Lichborne can be nice but only if you were RP capped anyway.
    Death pact is awesome, but after that is just like nothing to do here *flies away*, and lichborne tends to only get 1 or 2 heals off unless ur Unholy

but compare our healing to say second wind, it not even remotely close

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the onlyone who thinks dk self healing is VERY underwhelming considering other melee class's and even some ranged ones.

DKs got a 25%heal in bgs 50% out of that every 3min and a 30-60k heal depending how much rp you have at the time as frost
    and if we dont want to use any long cd we have to use 2 runes to do a 13k-14k heal

while warriors got insane second wind and not sure if they got enrage regen anymore

palas got FoL, WoG etc.

Rogues got leeching posion and recuperate

locks self heal like crazy and i got no idea how.

spriest are just stupid atm their heals are very potent.

hunters got 30% healx2 + spirit mend

mages got cold snap 30% which also very low but atleast they got tons of absorb
    Alot of dk's dont even know how to use their healing.

Use this:

Death pack (skip the other 2 cus they just suck)

Lichborn heal ( seriously read the damn PVP gloves, it says gives 10 extra runic power when u use Chains of ice, keep spamming this with the lichborn macro u can heal ur self up to 100% easily)

Just bad Dk's dont know how this works.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 06:11 PM ----------

Wrong, read what i wrote about Lichborn.

Self-healing is supposed to be a dps loss.
    Using WoG instead of TV is a dps loss for ret paladins. FoL is very expensive for a ret and only should be used after an HK/XP kill with the proc.
    Leeching poison isn't amazing and using CP for recuperate uptime is a dps loss when the finisher could be evis/envenom or rupture.
    I don't know about the other specs but for destro locks it costs a burning ember to heal big, and thats a sizable dps loss.
    The hunter heals are talents, and using exhilaration, readiness, exhilaration is blowing 2 major CDs with long durations, it's hardly something done taking minor damage. Second wind requires a warrior to fall below 35%, good in pvp horrible in pve and that talent is taken in lieu of enraged regen.
    Cold snap, again, major talent with a long CD. Evocation requires a glyph and channel time.
    Spriest self-healing comes from a 3 min CD VE, otherwise they need to use renew and DP healing. Things they absolutely need to survive just leveling.
    For pve farming, dark succor + DS makes you nearly immortal on a DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Alot of dk's dont even know how to use their healing.

Use this:

Death pack (skip the other 2 cus they just suck)

Lichborn heal ( seriously read the damn PVP gloves, it says gives 10 extra runic power when u use Chains of ice, keep spamming this with the lichborn macro u can heal ur self up to 100% easily)

Just bad Dk's dont know how this works.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 06:11 PM ----------

Wrong, read what i wrote about Lichborn.
    IF you have every single rune up to spam chains it would give you 88 runic power with the frost presence buff

still not worth it imo, so if you use lichborne while having full runes and full rp you get 4 heals of 30k = 120k hp which has a 99% chance of happening in pvp

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Self-healing is supposed to be a dps loss.
    Using WoG instead of TV is a dps loss for ret paladins. FoL is very expensive for a ret and only should be used after an HK/XP kill with the proc.
    Leeching poison isn't amazing and using CP for recuperate uptime is a dps loss when the finisher could be evis/envenom or rupture.
    I don't know about the other specs but for destro locks it costs a burning ember to heal big, and thats a sizable dps loss.
    The hunter heals are talents, and using exhilaration, readiness, exhilaration is blowing 2 major CDs with long durations, it's hardly something done taking minor damage. Second wind requires a warrior to fall below 35%, good in pvp horrible in pve and that talent is taken in lieu of enraged regen.
    Cold snap, again, major talent with a long CD. Evocation requires a glyph and channel time.
    Spriest self-healing comes from a 3 min CD VE, otherwise they need to use renew and DP healing. Things
    they absolutely need to survive just leveling.
    For pve farming, dark succor + DS makes you nearly immortal on a DK.
    Im talking from a strictly pvp PoV and there second wind is insane, FoL can be free + 100% more effective alot of the time, recuperate is not much of a dps loss like at all. and as i said cold snap is not as good but mages got a shit ton of absorb.
    and a spriest did the same healing as my healer and enemy healer in a arena match, if it all came from a CD it must be one long buff

Ladies and gents. This sounds like another case of less QQ more PewPew.

If played correctly, a DK should be more than able to stay alive with a mix of CC, mitgation and self heals. If you're being focused w/o heals you're dead anyway.

Gone are the days of huge DS heals, sorry son.

Deleted
    Yep, apparently dks could survive a warrior's onslaught. We can't have that.

Frost DK survivability is good! stoip whining about it, learn to stance-dance.

Only problem for (2h) frost DK's right now is the heavy rellyability on Obliterate for damage. Too much of our damage comes from Obliterate. We're weak against heavy-armored classes and too good against light-armored classes. DW is good against heavy-armored classes because of Frost Strike, and DW has a nice mix of many abilities, for 2h it's all about Obliterate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Frost DK survivability is good! stoip whining about it, learn to stance-dance.

Only problem for (2h) frost DK's right now is the heavy rellyability on Obliterate for damage. Too much of our damage comes from Obliterate. We're weak against heavy-armored classes and too good against light-armored classes. DW is good against heavy-armored classes because of Frost Strike, and DW has a nice mix of many abilities, for 2h it's all about Obliterate.
    Nah, dks are pretty average in pvp as they are now.

10+ Year Old Account
    what you mean is, "are Dks healing for a correct amount in pvp now?" the answer is yes. You are probably just to use to cata DK healing which was a daily complaint from about a bajillion ppl on the forums.