Deleted

Relic of Niuzao (for Protadin)

Hey all,

First and foremost: I did search for discussion about this trinket (for Protadins) in the forum and it's almost a month old so I didn't know if it would be wise to necro it so I made a new thread instead, as I'd like to discuss it a bit further. If a Mod feels the best way to go is to merge into the old thread, feel free to. Here's the link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...of-Niuzao-now?

So I just started a new guild this week (feud with the old one) and we've been building our roster and we started farming herbs to make cards like crazy and we ended up having enough to make a card for every single raider (even some offspecs) and, in the end, we had spare cards so we decided to try and make my own deck.

My problem is: Should I use it (Relic of Niuzao)? You can check my armory by clicking my signature image but, to avoid unnecessary hassle, I'm using the two brewfest trinkets (Stamina passive + Dodge passive with dodge use).

What I was thinking is replacing the Dodge trinket with the Relic but... Is it worth it? If it's not I'd rather just sell the card and donate to the guild bank and grab the Shado Pan trinket next week or so.

What is your opinion? The current options are as follows (though you may add another that I may be missing):

a) Brewfest Stamina + Relic
    b) Brewfest Stamina + Shado Pan
    c) Brewfest Dodge + Relic
    d) Brewfest Stamina + Brewfest Dodge (current)
    e) Shado Pan + Brewfest Dodge
    f) Shado Pan + Relic
    g) MV Trash Trinket + ???? (clarify, but this option is what I'm not looking into since it's too much RNG to really depend on)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an okay trinket (I'd use it over the brewfest one) - it's strength lies in the huge amount of dodge and stamina. Someone mathed it out to be about equivalent stat-weight-wise to 1300 mastery or something.

In your case, it depends on how much gold/effort you would need to make your remaining deck. If you do have leftover cards, then go ahead and make it until you find something better - I think the shadopan one is nice. Going by your list, I am inclined to pick relic + shado pan. If you ask me, I would not spend, say, 40,000g to buy the trinket, but if you are already about to make it, then it's an okay trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're getting the Valor trinket soon, I wouldn't bother using the Relic... Both Brewfest trinkets are pretty bad, though, so if you want to use two stamina trinkets then Relic/Valor would be a better combination than using either Brewfest trinkets. Personally I'd advise just getting rid of the Brawler's Statue immediately, though--the Ghost Iron Dragonling is pretty awesome, for its level, and it's always pretty cheap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    the Ghost Iron Dragonling is pretty awesome, for its level, and it's always pretty cheap.
    But aren't the Dragonling sockets only usable by Engineers? (Cogwheels)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They make the, socket them and then give them to you, my hunter has one made and still uses it due to insufficient drops of better trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    nope, anyone can use them and socket them with 3 cogwheels.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

10+ Year Old Account
    They were in Cataclysm, but not now.

Deleted
    Replace that dodge trinket with a ghost dragon ironling asap, hit, exp, haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    They were in Cataclysm, but not now.
    Holy crap, really? I thought I couldn't... DAmn it. So would Dragonling + Relic be a viable choice? (I really won't spend much on the relic so the cost really isn't an issue).

Deleted
    The relic is the better of those trinkets imo, 1800 secondary stats passive is just insane. Alot better than passive stamina.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:19 PM ----------

Just taking a quick look at your armory though, I see you have done what a million other paladin tanks have done which I quite don't understand.

Obviously you have understood that expertise and hit is good, so you have reforged parry and dodge into those stats.

However you are using parry-stamina gems?

What is the logic behind this? Why not exp stamina?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, really? I thought I couldn't... DAmn it. So would Dragonling + Relic be a viable choice? (I really won't spend much on the relic so the cost really isn't an issue).
    That's what I would do, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    The relic is the better of those trinkets imo, 1800 secondary stats passive is just insane. Alot better than passive stamina.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 09:19 PM ----------

Just taking a quick look at your armory though, I see you have done what a million other paladin tanks have done which I quite don't understand.

Obviously you have understood that expertise and hit is good, so you have reforged parry and dodge into those stats.

However you are using parry-stamina gems?

What is the logic behind this? Why not exp stamina?
    Because I generally don't like to work for Hit/Expertise caps with gems as I'd rather do it by reforging so I don't have to swap gems around every time I get a piece of gear, but I completely understand your question... Been reading a bit on Elitist Jerks too.. So far I've only been going for 7.5% Expertise.. Is it worth going for the hard cap at this point in gear level?

Deleted
    Because I generally don't like to work for Hit/Expertise caps with gems as I'd rather do it by reforging so I don't have to swap gems around every time I get a piece of gear, but I completely understand your question... Been reading a bit on Elitist Jerks too.. So far I've only been going for 7.5% Expertise.. Is it worth going for the hard cap at this point in gear level?
    Mathematically it is worth to go for hard cap if your rotation is good.

However you should never ever ever priortize parry/dodge over any other stat except crit

If a hit gem takes you over hit cap, then reforge to more mastery and less hit

IMO the Valor point trinket, together with trash mob drop trinkets are BiS this tier. (Yes you can have both, i have)
    closely followed by relic of niuzao.
    After that comes Dragonling. and rest is "meh".

It is more beneficial to use stamina trinkets and using less stamina gems if you need more hit/expertise. (consider how much secondary stat PER stamina you get)

ofc the amount of stamina needed is hard to say, but it is quite important (imo).
    Im trying to gear Hit(cap)>Expertise(hardcap)>stamina>mastery>=haste>avoidance.

mastery vs haste is personal preference.

my armory link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ropal/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imoom View Post
    It is more beneficial to use stamina trinkets and using less stamina gems if you need more hit/expertise. (consider how much secondary stat PER stamina you get).
    Practice what you preach!

I really have no clue whatsoever you need that much HP for. Your just a huge mana sponge for healers atm and a raid wiper on Gara'jal Hc with that gemming and trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Practice what you preach!

I really have no clue whatsoever you need that much HP for. Your just a huge mana sponge for healers atm and a raid wiper on Gara'jal Hc with that gemming and trinkets.
    First off. I do practice what i preach. I have 2 stamina trinkets (the 2 i suggested).
    2nd: i got hit hardcap and expertise hardcap.
    3rd. i aimed for high stamina while maintaining reforging (the little i got after hit/expertise) to mastery/haste.

And for garajal, we did not have any excessive problems when i got vodoo dolls due to the massive amounts of cd's available to paladins. Deaths occured much more frequently for the other tank, wether it was warrior or druid.